Thread: NPC Spawn Issue: Quid Rilstone
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 09:51 PM
Orc

Default Absurdly Easy to Spawn!

First of all, Thepen and Bokke are 99% correct. Quid is absurdly easy to spawn - once you figure out where the span points are.

If you don't want to read the details, just run from the ruins, over the catapult, through the orc camp, and just over the hill and kill EVERYTHING, and he'll spawn eventually. Don't concern yourself with the rest of the "between the Paladin and Gypsies camp" stuff. I guess he could path there eventually, and if you want to be safe when you first get there, just kill everything and make you way over to the catapult.

That being said, here are the nitty-gritty details:

Spawn Point 0: Stand on Glaron the Wicked's spawn point at the catapult. Turn west by north west and you'll see a large tree and a small tree right next to each other on the hill - the large one is on a dark spot and the small one is in the grass. Just to the left of that is where Quid spawns EVERY TIME. He paths south. I couldn't fins it anywhere, but Quid is actually an Erudite Paldin. He either carries a hammer, in which case his loot will be the Man-o-War (LORE) or he won't be armed and his loot will be the hood (NOT LORE). He will have one or the other 100% of the time.

Spawn Point 1: Turn to the north. All along the hillside skeletons spawn at various locations. I'm pretty sure most of these spawn points are normal spawns, but I'm 50% sure at least a few of them are PHs. Kill them just to be safe.

Spawn Point 2: Turn south by south west. There are two large trees and a couple of low hills. All through here are fire beetle spawn points. Some of these are normal spawns, but I'm 100% sure that most of the beetles you'll see in this area are PHs. They seem to path north and west. Kill them all. Also, a bear can spawn around here that I'm 25% sure is a PH. There is also a skeleton that spawn right in the corner or the ruins to the south. He might be a PH too, but I'm less sure on that. Just kill them to be safe.

Spawn Point 3: Run over the hill; all the way over. Bears spawn down here and path south towards the catapult. I'm 100% sure these are PH's. Note that the lizardman scout is NOT a PH; of this I'm 100% sure. (FYI: he spawns just north of the orc camp.) There are also random beetles and skeletons running all over the top of the hill by the orcs camp, I don't think these are PHs, but they died anyway; you can never be too sure.

That's about it. After about three hours of camping the wrong spot, I found this thread. Once I figured out the spawn points, I stayed for about two hours. All told, I ended up with a single Man-o-War - another one rotted - a backpack overflowing with bone chip stacks, three HQ bear skins, two stacks of Chucks of Meat, Envy and Woe, a few Cracked Staves and seventeen (17) Siren Hair Hoods. At 400p to 500p per, I call that a good two hours worth of work!

Enjoy, and good hunting!!!