PDA

View Full Version : My wife is making a druid.. question

Anderdale
03-13-2013, 09:38 PM
So my wife is starting EQ for the first time ever. She played eq2 some but never a game like EQ. She is making a druid because she played a fury on eq2. Once I get our accounts ip exempt I am going to make a char to play with her druid. I guess my question is what would be the best class to play with her. Not necessarily the BEST duo but more so what would be the best class I could be to help/watch over her and us be efficient at the same time.

Anyone have any suggestions and if so why? I was thinking a necro or chanter but not sure.

Thanks for your help!

Shrubwise
03-13-2013, 09:41 PM
rogue. /thread

Itap
03-13-2013, 09:44 PM
I like druid/enchanter combo. From your character sale thread, i assume you know the mechanics of the game, therefore know my reasoning.

Anderdale
03-13-2013, 09:50 PM
I like druid/enchanter combo. From your character sale thread, i assume you know the mechanics of the game, therefore know my reasoning.

Yeah. I guess i asked because I have played a druid but I have never really duo'd/played with a druid much. So just wanted to make sure I make the right decision. I really like a chanter too.

Btw this is awesome watching her play for the first time. It reminds me of when EQ originally came out and how much of a noob I was. Today she called me while I was at work and told me she fell in the water and a large piranha killed her and she had no idea how to find her corpse. Thanks to P1999 Wiki however she is figuring things out pretty fast.

Itap
03-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Enchanters are the ultimate soloers, they go and kill what they want. Only downside to them is no way to heal themselves (thats where druid comes in). Plus all the utility/ports a druid provides is just the icing on the cake.

And you shouldn't of told your wife about the wiki, let her be a true noob. I know when i started i had no guide to look at lol

Anderdale
03-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Enchanters are the ultimate soloers, they go and kill what they want. Only downside to them is no way to heal themselves (thats where druid comes in). Plus all the utility/ports a druid provides is just the icing on the cake.

And you shouldn't of told your wife about the wiki, let her be a true noob. I know when i started i had no guide to look at lol

She found it herself. Also i prefer that she sticks with it and doesn't quit. It is bad enough the graphics aren't up to her standings :p

Lune
03-13-2013, 10:45 PM
I'd also recommend enchanter/druid.

The enchanter can basically solo almost anything the duo can do, but the druid makes it much safer.

As the enchanter you'll be able to control the situation with her contributing more as time goes on and she learns what to do. Can chillax and do very well outdoors, and you can do indoors too.

club
03-14-2013, 12:17 AM
I could solo yellows pretty easy at level 30 on my druid. The only problem was the 15 minute med breaks between pulls. Eventually I moved on to only blues so I could double kill with charm without using so much mana.

Enchanter sounds like a good choice.

Danth
03-14-2013, 08:41 AM
I agree with Enchanter.

Rogue works well with a Druid, but comes at the cost of locking the duo into a certain sort of play style that may not be desirable when one of the folks involved is a newbie. The Enchanter allows much greater flexibility as well as permits both of the characters to solo effectively if they wish. The reduction of downtime offered by Breeze and Clarity will also benefit a person unaccustomed to EQ-style meditating.

Danth

Splorf22
03-14-2013, 02:36 PM
The big problem with a druid vs say a shaman is no slow/haste/mana regen. An enchanter fixes all of those problems.

diplo
03-14-2013, 03:08 PM
druid/druid - you can quad kite 2x faster!