PDA

View Full Version : Greenmist epic

raff01
03-20-2013, 04:51 AM
Hi, I can't remember if Greenmist final version (18/22) is Kunark or Velious?

Can anyone confirm? thanks !

Ambrotos
03-20-2013, 05:39 AM
Pretty sure it was Velious. Iksars were up in tails over not having an weapon like soulfire during Kunark iirc.

crossplay
04-06-2013, 10:58 AM
The Greenmist stuff actually should be in the game prior to May 20, 2000. It's searchable in the Casters Realm database at that point, so was probably discovered even prior to that:

http://web.archive.org/web/20020615210506/http://eq.castersrealm.com/data/items.asp?SearchString=Greenmist&Action=QuickSearch

happyhappy
04-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Look again, that link is from june 15 2002.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=435323&postcount=8

Awwalike
04-07-2013, 12:04 AM
not an epic

Junkman
04-27-2013, 08:43 AM
i see shissar dmg on greenmist maybe that was added later but if not then thats def a luclin wep

dont really recall tho never did greenmist on live

Ouzin
04-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Do not know specific to the greenmist, but a lot of those quests lines were in Kunark at launch, but in various broken states until Luclin or later. So good luck getting it on this server even though they were "kunark" content. (just broken)

Seredoc
04-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Earliest entry on the wayback machine I can find for the complete greenmist is 2002. I've checked everlore, alla and castersrealm and there isn't anything for the completed version before 2002

happyhappy
04-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Click the link 4 posts up.

koros
04-29-2013, 08:04 PM
greenmist was fixed/solved october/november 2001

Nirgon
04-30-2013, 12:20 PM
It brings up an interesting argument of iksars having planar and their full pike quests in Kunark.

It is very likely during development it was intended to go in for Kunark but they were never able to get it done and it was pushed off until Velious. Why else would an entire quest chain just grind to a halt? Especially when the Greenmist itself is mentioned.

Atlis
09-12-2013, 04:29 AM
Kind of an old thread, but here's what I found in the archived patch notes saved on alla:

Greenmist was confirmed discovered November 2001, so patches prior to that are what I looked through.

------------------------------
November 15, 2000 3:00 am

***Patch Day***

-- Fixed all known problems with the class-specific epic quests.
-- Implemented some new race-specific quests for Iksar.

March 14, 2001 3:00 am

***EverQuest Turns Two***
- There are a bunch of new quests as well.

March 27, 2001 2:00 am

Several new quests have been added as well, so don't be afraid to talk
to the folks of Norrath, they might have new information for you.

- The EverQuest Team

Looks like Velious started December 1, 2000 give or take a day. The Iksar racial quests were last officially released November, 2000 during Kunark era. If any of them weren't implemented on that day, they were either stealth-added or lumped in with the "we were too busy launching and fixing Velious so we added these afterwards" quests mentioned in the March, 2001 additions. There are some patch notes indicating various stages of the quests (Monk shackles, shaman cudgel) being fixed, which would help explain why it may have taken a year for anybody to finally solve and complete the Greenmist quest.

I'd be inclined to say that, while Greenmist wasn't found until the Velious era, it was very likely available during the Kunark era.

pasi
09-12-2013, 10:10 AM
There are some patch notes indicating various stages of the quests (Monk shackles, shaman cudgel) being fixed, which would help explain why it may have taken a year for anybody to finally solve and complete the Greenmist quest.

I'd be inclined to say that, while Greenmist wasn't found until the Velious era, it was very likely available during the Kunark era.

While I agree that quests are not immediately solved, the best way to approach something like this is look when the quest items and NPCs started appearing.

For this case, look at the Cracked Mirror of Self-Loathing, Rile's Shattered Blade, Greenish Metal Shard, etc.

If you aren't convinced, look at the Bane Damage on the Sword (Luclin Mechanic being tested) and look for any other example in Kunark or Velious launch.

koros
09-12-2013, 10:34 AM
It was added either with or just after the Chardok revamp just prior to Luclin. I could have sworn they mentioned it in the patch notes somewhere, as everyone knew the quest was finally finished after some given patch.

Original Greenmist fix (well an attempt at a fix anyway) might have been put in via one of those earlier notes, but it was incomplete/unsolvable/etc. I've heard the original dev working on it was no longer with VI and that's why it remained incomplete until the end of Velious, when it was added around the same time of the revamped Chardok.

Atlis
09-12-2013, 12:01 PM
While I agree that quests are not immediately solved, the best way to approach something like this is look when the quest items and NPCs started appearing.

That's a good point. I hadn't wondered why there weren't a hundred posts in Drusella's data from people wondering what the Mirror of self-loathing did.

glowing cliff golem (spawned event mob) rampages - a Velious trait
Hammer of 1406 dropped as early as October 2001 - Weaponsmith Ko'Zirr appeared at that time appearing possibly a relatively new NPC in the area

Other information wasn't posted until after the quest completely solved.

After reviewing comments about NPCs and items for the final khukri, I'd say the quest still could have been released November 2000, but debatable and certainly in buggy form. The Shissar bane only implies that Greenmist stats could have been modified prior to it being discovered, as many weapons were updated during Velious era.

Without any more definitive evidence, I suppose it's simply a choice of whether to release Greenmist and the Skyiron Cudgel during Kunark(they would likely need some arbitrary stats lower than we know) or during Velious.

happyhappy
09-12-2013, 12:24 PM
October 23rd, 3:00 am

*Patch Day*

This patch primarily addresses item fixes in regard to the Chardok revamp, as well as some minor other quest and item fixes. There's also been some talk of something called the Green Mist.

- The EverQuest Team

Atlis
09-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Where did you find that patch note? The patch history I found on allakhazam groups them in 6 month blocks and has nothing for an October 23 patch until 2002, after PoP. I'm curious to find a new source for old information.

happyhappy
09-12-2013, 01:13 PM
http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5937

Many smaller patches are not listed on Zam or tski for some reason.

Atlis
09-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Thanks! After perusing the Safehouse, I also found where Skyiron Cudgel of the Ancients seems to have been released: March 7, 2002. That sucks for shamans.

koros
09-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Thank you happy, I knew some patch notes were missing off those sites.