PDA

View Full Version : 52 wizard quadding lameness

Tecmos Deception
03-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Where in the hell do I spend the next 4 levels until I can get into chardok AE groups?

Spectres and bloodgill goblins? They're mostly light blue; half of my pulls of those mobs and I don't even see my xp bar move when the 4 mobs die.

Spirocs in TD? At least 2/3 of the spawns pop out lightfoots, which are always light blue. Half of the watchers that pop are light blue. Plus the place is usually camped by at least 1 wiz/dru/PLing necro/whatever.

Raptors in TD? They're all dark blue at least. But they also have twice the HP of a spiroc proven while giving only marginally more xp per kill. The place is moderately camped to boot.

DL and BW have dark blues, but finding 4 of them who don't have as many hp as raptors takes 5+ minutes per pull.

Do I just have to buckle down and deal with using 2200+ mana to kill a quad of raptors for 2% xp and then only being able to do MAYBE 4 quads per hour all the way to 56? :(

diplo
03-20-2013, 04:45 PM
you can do seafuries to 54-55, then finish off at TD.

Tecmos Deception
03-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Looks like SFs are lower level than raptors but with just as many hp, plus they're probably more heavily camped.

I guess I'll just see how far I can make it at 2 blues per hour before I sell this char to someone who wants a vox/naggy alt and go back to farming south on Tecmos :p

ymw
03-20-2013, 05:18 PM
2 blues an hour seems reasonable for these hell levels. If it stops seeming reasonable, remember you're only actually leveling for about 12 minutes of every hour, then it seems great!

That's what I do anyway, hit 52 last night. :(

Tecmos Deception
03-20-2013, 08:15 PM
I guess when I was playing a rogue from 50-60 it was only in the best groups that I would get 2 (or slightly more) blues per hour. So I guess this is about right. I just got used to being an OP enchanter and getting that kind of xp even in 54 and 59.

BW seems to be treating me better now also. There were a couple bards here earlier so it was tougher to pick up the right mobs to quad than it needed to be.

Estu
03-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Join a guild that does AE groups and will let you in the EXP group even if you don't have as powerful an AE nuke yet :)

Tecmos Deception
03-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Join a guild that does AE groups and will let you in the EXP group even if you don't have as powerful an AE nuke yet :)

Something tells me Divinity wouldn't approve of me putting my wizard in just to do AE xp to 60 and then drop back to A-Team :)

Snackies
03-21-2013, 03:24 PM
I basically did spirocs in TD until 53, then raptors until 56 followed by a mix of more raptors/AE groups until 60.

Hit me up if you want me to show you the most mindless spot to quad them.

Estu
03-22-2013, 09:23 AM
Something tells me Divinity wouldn't approve of me putting my wizard in just to do AE xp to 60 and then drop back to A-Team :)

No, but we'd be happy to permanently absorb your guild wholesale ;)

Tecmos Deception
03-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Lol :)

Splorf22
03-22-2013, 11:17 AM
No, but we'd be happy to permanently absorb your guild wholesale ;)

!!

yobert
04-27-2013, 04:50 PM
What can you recomand to quad at lv44? I tryed spirocs in TD but i ran out of mana befor they was dead, I used gravity flux maybe that is the probelm?

Estu
04-28-2013, 10:22 AM
What can you recomand to quad at lv44? I tryed spirocs in TD but i ran out of mana befor they was dead, I used gravity flux maybe that is the probelm?

Spectres in OOT/Feerrott/Oasis are good at that level, I think. You don't want to use gravity flux, BTW. Look up the spells you have on the wiki and find the one with the best damage/mana ratio. Usually that's the latest spell but sometimes it isn't.

TarukShmaruk
06-06-2013, 04:20 PM
I quadded Raptors with KEI and it was brutal.

I can't even imagine what it must be like doing it without KEI.

The ridiculous 50-60 grind was my least favorite part about EQ circa 1999-200X.

Estu
06-07-2013, 09:17 AM
The nice thing about 53-60 is it's pretty easy to find/form Chardok AE groups, which are much better EXP than anything else in the game at those levels.

Nirgon
06-07-2013, 01:23 PM
L2 pull and quad raptors you cupcake!

It's just a little harder than using the completely not classic over powered charm here!

Just trying to rustle your jimmies, some pro solo feats by you and many props.

But seriously.

L2 pull and quad raptors on your wizard.

And charm is too strong here :P. Esp on planar mobs.

Tecmos Deception
06-07-2013, 02:17 PM
And charm is too strong here :P. Esp on planar mobs.

Lol. I can't really comment on the classicness of charm because I don't remember how it was back in kunark era, but I definitely feel dirty every time I charm in hate or sky (haven't done it in fear to know!).

The nice thing about 53-60 is it's pretty easy to find/form Chardok AE groups, which are much better EXP than anything else in the game at those levels.

I don't care enough about my wiz to put in the time to quad raptors from 55-60 or to organize my own AE groups, that's the problem. The groups forming always seem to need more chanters but never more DPS. Of course, I can't be bothered to log on my wiz much to even get asked to go either... so there is that! More fun to beat stuff up with my growing assortment of low-level melee twinks I guess :p