PDA

View Full Version : Server not thriving anymore

Pages : [1] 2

Tarwine
03-20-2013, 06:32 PM
Graph clearly shows that exp bonus removal was well disguised immigration reform.

http://s17.postimage.org/r34pp31wf/exp_Graph.png

Do the right thing: Please do your part to bring exp back by posting pictures of sad immigrants.

We can overcome.

BigSlip
03-20-2013, 06:36 PM
seeing as pvp is my #1 drive to play i agree exp should of been left at what it was for most of the players.

im not a fan of grinding much and this would leave more time for pvp and less for pve if they wished.

put it back

BigSlip
03-20-2013, 06:42 PM
well chew they prolly shoulda thought about that before they put in a huge bonus then removed it.

Tarwine
03-20-2013, 06:48 PM
The point is we had a healthy growing server. Now we don't. More people found the server fun and stuck around. I'm sure you would rather have more people to play with, regardless of how painful you want your exp to be.

Sirken
03-20-2013, 06:49 PM
um.

before January the red server was hitting 7%-10% of the blue server population.

with the addition of extra staff presence, some monthly pvp and pve events, and a little bit of love, the red server population peaked at 20% of blue population.

when the xp bonus was scaled back last month or so, the population dipped back into the 10%-13% of blue population range.

since that time the pop has been slowing going up again, and as i write this the pop is back at 20% of Blue server.
http://i47.tinypic.com/v7far9.png

next time, don't just make things up. you never know who has been actually paying attention, and can call you out on your BS

Kimm Barely
03-20-2013, 06:52 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/35g657848.gif

Tarwine
03-20-2013, 06:55 PM
So the population has been halving and doubling? That doesn't sound right.

As a player you can notice the difference, before there were new guilds popping up, new faces etc, now it seems to be going the other way.

senna
03-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Remove exp loss from pvp death

if someone is new to eq pvp and wants to learn the ropes, clearly they will want to pvp as much as possible to get better. The current system punishes new players from pvp by costing them exp each time they die.

your current system
punishes players with pve
for pvping

Num1RecommendedByDentists
03-20-2013, 06:58 PM
um.

with the addition of extra staff presence, some monthly pvp and pve events, and a little bit of love, the red server population peaked at 20% of blue population.

when the xp bonus was scaled back last month or so, the population dipped back into the 10%-13% of blue population range.

since that time the pop has been slowing going up again, and as i write this the pop is back at 20% of Blue server.

next time, don't just make things up. you never know who has been actually paying attention, and can call you out on your BS

red pop peaked at like 204 or something, then the next day or two the exp bonus was removed and it immediately dropped back down to like 140

gloinz
03-20-2013, 07:03 PM
red pop peaked at like 204 or something, then the next day or two the exp bonus was removed and it immediately dropped back down to like 140

Sirken
03-20-2013, 07:22 PM

we are saying the same thing. L2Math

KabanazyTZ
03-20-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm sure you guys had your reason for removing the xp bonus, but all it does is make those of us who are level capped not want to risk death in any pvp encounter. Yes there should be a penalty for dying, but two deaths in pvp at level 59 shouldn't require 5+ hours of straight xp grinding in a solid group just to get that lost xp back.

I personally have died enough times in the last month (I tend to stick into engagements longer than I should, red to the core) that at this rate I will hit level 60 6 months from now. I love this box and I love pvp, but the xp loss makes me just really not want to even bother pvping unless its absolutely necessary or the odds are stacked in our favor (which lets face it, is a rare occurrence).

Malevz
03-20-2013, 07:25 PM
but all it does is make those of us who are level capped not want to risk death in any pvp encounter

So this is why none of you guys ever move more than 10 feet from the zoneline during pvp.

03-20-2013, 07:26 PM
we are saying the same thing. L2Math

point i'm making is clearly exp bonus affected this, and should be put back in so that we see an influx of new players once again

not really arguing with you here

Sirken
03-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Nilbog, Rogean, Ephi, and myself all got together in vent last weekend to discuss a bunch of things, including things/ideas/features to improve the red server and help it grow. i will not betray staff trust by discussing the content of that meeting so do not ask.

but rest assured there are big things in works for red.

BIG things

Littlegyno 9.0
03-20-2013, 07:35 PM
BIG things

Littlegyno as Red99 Guide. aww yiss.

BigSlip
03-20-2013, 07:35 PM
http://40acresandacubicle.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/kid-blown-face.jpg?w=440&h=240&crop=1

fuck yeah negus

nabsev
03-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Nilbog, Rogean, Ephi, and myself all got together in vent last weekend to discuss a bunch of things, including things/ideas/features to improve the red server and help it grow. i will not betray staff trust by discussing the content of that meeting so do not ask.

BIG things

Hope it happens Sir Ken

billpaleq
03-20-2013, 07:39 PM
so you are saying that losing 30% of your player base is ok?

Sickpuppy
03-20-2013, 07:43 PM
I believe and trust sirken ... Server will be thriving so enuff again

03-20-2013, 07:44 PM

BIG things

yellow text?

Tradesonred
03-20-2013, 08:23 PM
um.

Yeah smirk all you want, in time well see how well this "I dont know how the fuck to run a pvp game that people find enjoyable because i dont actually playtest my server and dont listen to people who do" works out for the server.

Wait until all the new people hit that xp grind brickwall that makes the most pvp inclined player worry about putting more grind in pvp after 30 levels of hell.

Tomatoking
03-20-2013, 08:27 PM
so long as nihilum runs everything , cockblocks everyone and all the shady conspiracy shit happens , server wont break 200

fix exp ( make it better then it was before ) Ban half of nihilum and add yellow text

otherwise unplug it , no point

Jenni D
03-20-2013, 08:34 PM
some redonkulizz comments here

all that matters is sir ken has once again saved the box. we await these new changes with grins on our faces.

pras be to sirken and samwise. saviors of red99.

Shrubwise
03-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Anyone remember the 20 pop days?

Server confirmed thriving 700%

BigSlip
03-20-2013, 09:06 PM
^ LOL

yeah i remember the 20s

we call it the depression

Jenni D
03-20-2013, 09:17 PM
damn chewie. loyal red99 servant. should have a statue in swamp

Stasis01
03-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Thread is 100% right - server felt like it had a thriving mid level/low level community - I was jealous at times and considered making an alt. Now that the exp bonus is removed it just feels like it did before no one wants to play alts when it's this slow and new players are discouraged by all the faggot super twinks that sit in popular areas.

aborted
03-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Im glad shits are being given to red :)

Telron
03-20-2013, 09:22 PM
From the perspective of someone who does not know the exact mechanics and is quite new to Red:

I would say one of two things should be key to this server:

XP BONUS w/ PVP deaths resulting in XP Loss
NO XP BONUS w/ PVP Deaths resulting in NO XP loss.

The amounts? I dunno. The pull to this server should honestly be PVP not XP. But if deaths in PVP cause XP loss it seems only fair to boost it a bit to make people less worried about a death (and the XP grind PVE) and more worried about revenge.

Shrubwise
03-20-2013, 09:22 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_oSmneHSBf4Y/S-LqayyqvCI/AAAAAAAAAFA/RXCA_WS0H-M/s1600/Beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Okay, we fucking get it.

EXP bonus is no longer set to EZ mode, server population dropped by like 10%.

World over, cue zombie apocalypse. Nobody is rolling new chars here. Nobody's making alts.

Really, end of world shit here.

Sirken
03-20-2013, 09:26 PM
so you are saying that losing 30% of your player base is ok?
im saying you suck at math

Wait until all the new people hit that xp grind brickwall that makes the most pvp inclined player worry about putting more grind in pvp after 30 levels of hell.
anyone that comes to EQ expecting not to have to grind to level is playing the wrong game

Tippett
03-20-2013, 09:28 PM
thanks for info sirken u da shit bro

KabanazyTZ
03-20-2013, 09:53 PM
im saying you suck at math

anyone that comes to EQ expecting not to have to grind to level is playing the wrong game

Ya sirken I completely understand this and this is why I came back to a classic eq box. However the xp loss on a pvp server from pvp deaths when a guild is leaps and bounds ahead not only in member base but gear as well, is only going to make it harder for any guild hoping to challenge them to find players willing to pvp.

Tippett
03-20-2013, 09:55 PM
stop whining about the same shit that has been recycled for years now

im sure hes aware of people not liking exp loss after 10294885 posts about it

anyways thanks again for doing what you can sirk always mucho appreciated

KabanazyTZ
03-20-2013, 09:58 PM

Sirken
03-20-2013, 10:15 PM
Ya sirken I completely understand this and this is why I came back to a classic eq box. However the xp loss on a pvp server from pvp deaths when a guild is leaps and bounds ahead not only in member base but gear as well, is only going to make it harder for any guild hoping to challenge them to find players willing to pvp.

i couldnt agree more ;)

Giovanni
03-20-2013, 11:49 PM

I normally try to avoid pvping new players because the exp is so slow that they just end up quitting. As much as players complain about exp loss in pvp, it is easy enough to make them take a pve death which is much harsher.

My suggestion is to keep the exp loss from pvp in, but increase the rate at which players gain exp. Also, half the exp loss from pve death.

Screenshots from 5 minutes ago
http://i47.tinypic.com/1127al5.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2h6sxuo.jpg

Giovanni
03-20-2013, 11:59 PM

My apologies to this random newb for helping to prove a point, but how do we retain new players with slow exp? This guy just ate 2 pve deaths and 1 pvp death wiping out all his progress for the week.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2469get.jpg

Sirbanmelotz
03-21-2013, 12:30 AM
Big giovani/grimtoad droppin knowledge on all ya asses dawg lol

Zozo
03-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Grindcore

Jokesteve
03-21-2013, 01:11 AM
i couldnt agree more ;)

Its pretty obvious this is what they want.

They want this box to stagnate.

Tradesonred
03-21-2013, 01:42 AM
stop whining about the same shit that has been recycled for years now

im sure hes aware of people not liking exp loss after 10294885 posts about it

See my they dont know how the fuck how to run a pvp box comment.

If they see a million post describing in detail why xp loss is bogus and come back with comments like "Its EQ, lol, they should expect some grind" then they still dont get it.

Telron
03-21-2013, 03:27 AM
i couldnt agree more ;)

Sirken the Tease... TELL US WHATS IN STORE! :eek::eek:

Galacticus
03-21-2013, 04:17 AM
Sirken the Tease... TELL US WHATS IN STORE! :eek::eek:

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz10/pommekitty/GIFs/tumblr_lt48bpdNvu1qb70fz_zps0e1f79b7.gif

Smedy
03-21-2013, 05:10 AM
I normally try to avoid pvping new players because the exp is so slow that they just end up quitting. As much as players complain about exp loss in pvp, it is easy enough to make them take a pve death which is much harsher.

My suggestion is to keep the exp loss from pvp in, but increase the rate at which players gain exp. Also, half the exp loss from pve death.

Screenshots from 5 minutes ago
http://i47.tinypic.com/1127al5.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2h6sxuo.jpg

Big grimtoad DOING WORK SON

a++

I'm proud of anyone who is ballsy enough to still play a ranger

mimixownzall
03-21-2013, 05:22 AM
If you TZ/VZ fucktards would have let the server been faction based or anything other than FFA you would have seen a larger player base. But no... you HAD to make it a fucking FFA server. Yeah, FFA works SOOOO fucking well that there are a ton of games that are being released with FFA PVP. Wait... there are none...

Fucking idiots.

03-21-2013, 06:04 AM
^^ u dum as hell

raff01
03-21-2013, 06:48 AM
If you TZ/VZ fucktards would have let the server been faction based or anything other than FFA you would have seen a larger player base. But no... you HAD to make it a fucking FFA server. Yeah, FFA works SOOOO fucking well that there are a ton of games that are being released with FFA PVP. Wait... there are none...

Fucking idiots.

DarkFall Online, FFA PVP...

filthyphil
03-21-2013, 09:06 AM
I don't see any problem with letting the majority of the server level pass 50 then remove the exp bonus so their twinks could ravage any new players attempting to level & gear themselves up.

Swish
03-21-2013, 09:19 AM
I don't see any problem with letting the majority of the server level pass 50 then remove the exp bonus so their twinks could ravage any new players attempting to level & gear themselves up.

Jepaxis
03-21-2013, 11:00 AM
Thread is 100% right - server felt like it had a thriving mid level/low level community - I was jealous at times and considered making an alt. Now that the exp bonus is removed it just feels like it did before no one wants to play alts when it's this slow and new players are discouraged by all the faggot super twinks that sit in popular areas.
I have to agree 100% with this posting. I like leveling alts and there was a marked difference in the availability of groupage when the XP bonus went away. I don't play Everquest to play alone.

Sure, there are new players joining, but they are being griefed off the server with crap like twinked out level 20 something rogues with Ragebringer, fungies and best dropable haste items. Add to this XP loss in PvP, few who are new to the server can stand the frustration and leave.

I was in Unrest(griefer central) and there had to be a dozen clothed corpses all over and lots that were several days old. I could only assume they were abandoned as the players had been griefed off the server.

XP loss is a ridiculous cost for losing in PvP and does nothing but encourage griefing and corpse campers and discourages staying.

Nirgon
03-21-2013, 11:31 AM

Witness, it was at 206 and climbing daily

Nirgon
03-21-2013, 11:32 AM

Fucking idiots.

Yeah the cross teaming here would be much better. Go try WoW and play on some all Horde server pal.

Vile
03-21-2013, 11:37 AM

Fucking idiots.

http://troll.me/images/jackie-chan-whut/why-are-you-so-dumb.jpg

Stinkum
03-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Either

1) Keep XP rate the same, but remove any XP penalty from PVP death.

2) Boost XP back to what it was, and keep XP penalty on PVP death the same.

The way it is now with both slow-ass XP, and a huge cock in the ass XP penalty on PVP death is an awesome recipe for "How To Make Every Person Too Afraid to PvP Ever."

Jepaxis
03-21-2013, 11:52 AM
have no fear kids, i killed 2 rog twinks in unrest yesterday
will try to slay some more tonight

just stay the fuck outta my way cause i dont stop at twinks
#equalopportunitygrief2nd worse griefers. Twinked out SK. Well maybe the twinked out Monks...

Stinkum
03-21-2013, 11:58 AM
The ruleset as it is now (huge penalty for PVP deaths, slow XP grind) does not encourage people to PvP. In fact it brings out the most awful habits of people like zone hopping, plugging, and all that good stuff.

Personally I think there should be ZERO penalty for XP deaths besides coin loot, and keep the XP rate the same. Slow XP is classic dogs, but PVP needs to be encouraged.

Kraftwerk
03-21-2013, 12:00 PM
I was on my Ragebringer rogue twink in Mistmoore last night, spotted a group of 5 in the Graveyard. I backstabbed a sitting clothie to 20% while they had two mobs on them, resisted 4+ roots, ate 5 DDs while they managed to agro 3-5 more mobs. Hide, sneak, run around a corner to sit near 5 more mobs and let the carnage play out.

Few seconds later they were no longer in zone, slam dunk.

HippoNipple
03-21-2013, 12:18 PM
It is apparent the vast majority wants something done. There are always people complaining about something but I think this subject is legit.

You want a sting with PvP death to discourage people from throwing themselves at you constantly ruining raids/PvE.

You want healthy competition between guilds. Everquest is hard enough as it is to achieve this. When there is a guild that has a core built during a time with 0 competition it is even harder. If a couple guys can sweep through and destroy 5 hours of PvE progression with no effort or required skill, it is too discouraging. There needs to be if anything an illusion of hope that another guild can rise and compete.

You still want to maintain the essence of Everquest, which is tough leveling with hours of grinding. If I have to decide between 4 hours of leveling in an open area with little risk over 3 hours of leveling in a dungeon with risk, I am likely to choose the open area. When you change this to 20 hours vs 15 hours it starts making sense to do the dungeon. Same ratios but there is a difference in how it effects decisions.

You want a healthy population of people making alts. This not only encourages classes to be made that require groups but it gives people starting out some allies to fight the twinks. People don't like the twinks, but there is no way around it. They were on live and they are here. On live all the noobs would gang up or get help from white knights. The only way to decrease the amount of twinks is for item loot to be implemented but that causes a whole other set of problems.

Rogean, Sirken, etc. are smart guys. They may not understand exactly how the server plays out because they don't play it but it looks like they are aware of what people are saying with this issue. They are meeting about it according to Sirken. I honestly have more faith in them coming up with a fair solution than most of you. Everyone thinks they are right but if half the ideas implemented in this thread happened it would just make more problems.

If they were clueless on what to do about it I assume they would ask us. From what I know of Rogean he doesn't seem to be the type to ask for help from us since it seems he doesn't respect most of the community. There are a lot of trolls here but then again it is a product of the harsh server the devs created. Losing 5 hours of progress to a no talent dip shit will instill some hate and hostility towards the server/community/devs.

Shrubwise
03-21-2013, 12:21 PM
If they were clueless on what to do about it I assume they would ask us. From what I know of Rogean he doesn't seem to be the type to ask for help from us since it seems he doesn't respect most of the community. There are a lot of trolls here but then again it is a product of the harsh server the devs created. Losing 5 hours of progress to a no talent dip shit will instill some hate and hostility towards the server/community/devs.

Have to disagree with you here. You can argue that 'product of your environment' shit in real life, but give me a break. There's trolls/mads here because of the 'harsh server environment'? Did chortle, my friend.

Rogean and the devs (and the guides) do an awesome job of hosting a fun place to play. I'm sure they wouldn't mind the mads/bads taking their shitty attitude elsewhere. Perhaps they can roll VZ/TZ v4.0 and see how that goes :eek:

Stinkum
03-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Yep, Rogean is a swell guy and he does host a fun place to play. There's really no point repeating that line like a cultist robot 500 times in every thread where the community has a legitimate grievance.

Vile
03-21-2013, 01:41 PM
lol @ the thought of these epic rogues slaying hordes of newbies in cloth trying to start on the server.

it's funny because i know this shit has to be happening for real....

gloinz
03-21-2013, 01:44 PM
cure to epic rogues: army of mage earth pet heros

Cars
03-21-2013, 01:50 PM
I was on my Ragebringer rogue twink in Mistmoore last night, spotted a group of 5 in the Graveyard. I backstabbed a sitting clothie to 20% while they had two mobs on them, resisted 4+ roots, ate 5 DDs while they managed to agro 3-5 more mobs. Hide, sneak, run around a corner to sit near 5 more mobs and let the carnage play out.

Few seconds later they were no longer in zone, slam dunk.

lololol.

This was actually pretty funny. There was 4 of us not 5, and you couldn't even kill the chanter that was at 50% health or so when you waltzed in. Had a bead on you the whole time, shoulda nuked to start instead of rooting, no deaths, slam dunk rejected.

HippoNipple
03-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Have to disagree with you here. You can argue that 'product of your environment' shit in real life, but give me a break. There's trolls/mads here because of the 'harsh server environment'? Did chortle, my friend.

Rogean and the devs (and the guides) do an awesome job of hosting a fun place to play. I'm sure they wouldn't mind the mads/bads taking their shitty attitude elsewhere. Perhaps they can roll VZ/TZ v4.0 and see how that goes :eek:

This server is way more stable than the VZ/TZ servers or any other servers. With that said this server has the same community as those servers but the mentality is much different. Little respect for other players and more PvP focused on grief here. Tons of plugging, gating potting, and other consumables used that take hours to farm make the pvp on here worse. It also changes the attitude. If you don't think people hate others on this server more than they did on other servers you are in denial.

Also it is easier to downplay the mentality of the server when you avoid the majority of the server by isolating yourself from it in game play. It mainly pertains to those that are trying to progress.

Heywood
03-21-2013, 02:13 PM
lololol.

This was actually pretty funny. There was 4 of us not 5, and you couldn't even kill the chanter that was at 50% health or so when you waltzed in. Had a bead on you the whole time, shoulda nuked to start instead of rooting, no deaths, slam dunk rejected.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc5hphh3Bs1qe1x8qo1_400.gif

Kraftwerk
03-21-2013, 02:30 PM
lololol.

I'm not sure you understand what happened, I had 50% hp as a solo rogue and forced your group of 4 or 5 whatever casters to nuke me 5 times then flee zone.

Mission accomplished, don't bother coming back to Mistmoore.

Cars
03-21-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure you understand what happened, I had 50% hp as a solo rogue and forced your group of 4 or 5 whatever casters to nuke me 5 times then flee zone.

Mission accomplished, don't bother coming back to Mistmoore.

dont come to MM!!!?? My wee lil booties are shaking. I understand you were at exactly 62% health when I spotted you opening the gate. We had 2 yellows in camp, had 3 pops which was super fortunate for you but the enchanter you were chasing mezzed all of them whilst you were in pursuit, not able to kill him and he is not only new to red, but brand new to EQ.

Also between the 4 of us we probably have about 30 slots of cloth or Raw-hide and haven't received a single hand out soooooo, Pras to Rambone, the smallest waste of gear to walk slowly well visible in MM. Better luck next time.

Cars
03-21-2013, 02:42 PM
double post - to be fair, you did come at us outnumbered and not at full health. Was fun for us, I just don't think any "dunking" happened.

Kraftwerk
03-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Engaging while the other group has mobs in camp and low hp is called Checkraise style. Better learn it if you're gonna last on this server. Btw I don't even have a fungi, I only have Ragebringer and TCrown. Either way I hope y'all come back for seconds, ill be waiting so make sure you have see invis up 24/7.

Kraftwerk
03-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Chewie please move one of your lower lvl SKs to MM, I'm not in unrest anymore for Poopgun or Tumdumm.

Stinkum
03-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Thread devolved into some failure bragging for 2 pages about getting an Enchanter with 3 mobs engaged to 20% HP on a Epic Rogue, with no kill screenshots.

Bamzal Sherbet
03-21-2013, 04:40 PM
bad is bad

Kraftwerk
03-21-2013, 04:43 PM
Thread devolved into some failure bragging for 2 pages about getting an Enchanter with 3 mobs engaged to 20% HP on a Epic Rogue, with no kill screenshots.

Bitch you need to learn to read, and to know your role.

BigSlip
03-21-2013, 04:51 PM
boom son

Stinkum
03-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Bitch you need to learn to read, and to know your role.

I don't read any brag-post that doesn't have a kill SS included, and nor does anyone else.

There's nothing sadder than a megatwink Rogue bragging about "almost" killing an int caster in cloth armor who was already tanking 3 mobs.

Kraftwerk
03-21-2013, 05:10 PM
I don't read any brag-post that doesn't have a kill SS included, and nor does anyone else.

There's nothing sadder than a megatwink Rogue bragging about "almost" killing an int caster in cloth armor who was already tanking 3 mobs.

Bro you're just clowning yourself now. Take a step back and turn around, go back to blue before you embarass yourself anymore.

boom son

nabsev
03-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Name and shame these high lvl ppl

Examino
03-21-2013, 07:17 PM
I started a new character recently but stopped played because of too many dicks. I'm not talking about standard pvp griefing but high level out of range players training / charming mobs to prevent you getting loot and exp.

. This

Stupid necro named donkee was training specs on noobs like myself for the hell of it in oasis,

Tradesonred
03-21-2013, 07:18 PM
The pop surge is in part winter hunkering down im sure.

When spring comes if they dont fix the xp loss in pvp weve been telling them to fix for 2 years, server's getting flushed down the toilet, mark my words.

Tradesonred
03-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Oh and if i was a P99 dev, id frame this one on my wall:

"The tone argument is where you object to someone else’s argument based on its tone: it is too angry, too hateful, not calm enough, not nice enough, etc. It is a logical fallacy because none of those things has anything to do with whether the truth was spoken. It is used to derail and silence."

s1ckness
03-21-2013, 08:08 PM
um.

i saw 220-240 on at one point less than a month ago

now i see 100-150

i dont think tarwine is making anything up

Shinerbokk
03-21-2013, 08:54 PM
um.

translation: see what you want to see. population thriving? puhleeze. the exp nerf had a clear and undeniable affect on the server population. GM events, staff attention, these things also help the server.

This server just has a nasty habit of letting people enjoy, exploit, escape under system A, then system changes to system B and all followers have a different opportunity. The rich get richer, it's hard to constantly travel against the current when the advantage enjoyed by the players here first is not only huge but also gained under a different system.

Shrubwise
03-21-2013, 09:26 PM
What XP nerf do you speak of? You mean the reduction from a 75% bonus to a 25% bonus? Crybabies gonna cry ITT.

(Also Rogean confirmed 1-50 bonus still in, via OOC when the whaaambulances started their engines.)

Heywood
03-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Actually it was 75% to 0% for a week or two. Then a slight 25% afterwards.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they removed exp loss from pvp deaths. Shits not classic.

Silent
03-22-2013, 03:30 AM
While the number did go down, That hasn't stopped me from seeing a dozen or two new players(mostly friends starting up new or coming from blue) in the last 2 weeks alone. I've given what plat for spells and ports/buffs I can to help, some weapons to help get em started. If anything the # went down slightly due to mid to higher lvls either playing less or quitting.

Giovanni
03-22-2013, 07:46 AM
Has anyone figured out how Nihilum hit 60 within a week when Kunark first came out farming in Sebilis?

diplo
03-22-2013, 10:56 AM
pop is terribad...
http://i.imgur.com/sD3szd8.gif

Xantille
03-22-2013, 10:59 AM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/homer-donut-machine-simpsons.gif

Lal'd heartily

Bardalicious
03-22-2013, 11:05 AM

Anyone including xp loss automatically on PVP death is emulating the wrong game. Granted I never played anything but original Rallos and the Discord server, but the xp penalty on a server like Sullon was offset by the buffer of having team factions.

On Rallos, the penalty was item loot. This was offset by not being able to loot nodrop, primary/secondary/ranged weapons nor anything in a bag. You had the choice of what to wear, what to bag when you went into pvp, etc.

On here, there IS no buffer. It's simple logic that if you're going to impose free-for-all, faction-less PVP with a PVE xp penalty on death, you're going to drive away thoughts of PVPing. Period. It's like we're on Rallos without the ability to loot items, but whenever someone in PVP kills us, it's like they rooted us and watched their train kill us for xp death instead. There isn't even a point in having to grief other players like this. The server rule set does it for us.

Sirken
03-22-2013, 11:19 AM
pfft, i already said the xp loss needs to go itt. try to keep up

quido
03-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Make it happen big daddy sirken!

Silent
03-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Yea thaat would be kind of cool, Granted I can make the exp back in a few kills but the high levels 55-59 a 5-8% or whatever exp loss from a pvp death is huge ie if you are getting 12-13% exp in 2hrs in a mediocre seb group. Two deaths whether ones a fair fight or an assist train zerg and then corpse camped/naked deaths can hit hard for high lvl exp loss.

Bardalicious
03-22-2013, 12:15 PM
pfft, i already said the xp loss needs to go itt. try to keep up

Sirken claims big things are coming. In the same thread he claims xp loss needs to go.

INC BETTER SERVER RULES.

And sorry, I only skim thru responses in a 100 post thread :P

Silent
03-22-2013, 12:18 PM
wtb pst

Is this real or just a joke? I am unfamiliar with how fast exp is at that level, But the player I watched was in like a 3 person group mostly farming a named spawn instead of going to the good exp spots. I imagine a good group in the right spot would get more exp per hour then that.

odiecat99
03-22-2013, 12:52 PM
troll sk: 1% in 2 hours is p good imo

Sear
03-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Fine w/ exp rate at lower levels tbh, can get a level in a couple hours np at 30'ish.

Hybrid penalty is admittedly terrible. Pvp exp loss is nothing at my level (NOT THAT I WOULD KNOW, I NEVER DIE IN PVP HEH) but I'm sure that's a different story at 51+

Bamzal Sherbet
03-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Yea thaat would be kind of cool, Granted I can make the exp back in a few kills but the high levels 55-59 a 5-8% or whatever exp loss from a pvp death is huge ie if you are getting 12-13% exp in 2hrs in a mediocre seb group. Two deaths whether ones a fair fight or an assist train zerg and then corpse camped/naked deaths can hit hard for high lvl exp loss.

u mean 2-4% in 3 hrs (59 ogre sk)

Sear
03-22-2013, 01:06 PM
If you want to attach a PvE carrot-on-a-stick mechanic for PvP that keeps people playing longer, then try some neutered form of item loot. Unlike exp loss, there is some reward involved there (for the victor) in addition to the penalty. No one cares if they kill someone here and cause them 1% exp loss. It's like a really shitty form of griefing. If I ever want to accomplish the same thing more effectively then I'd just drop a train on them.

Sear
03-22-2013, 01:10 PM
one more thing about server pop is from my perspective it is WAY higher than it used to be - there were like 180 online on Monday. I'm seeing occasional mid level pvp for a change.

The rate really isn't that bad, but I'll throw in the same suggestion I made a year ago: up the ZEM for a handful of zones (e.g., Unrest, Dreadlands, Karnors) instead of increasing the global rate. Faster exp and more pvp. Everyone wins.

Elderan
03-22-2013, 01:26 PM
I am for
- Slightly higher exp bonus, but it is already really high.
- Reduce pvp exp loss from 3% to 1.5%
- Remove all instant dmg/debuff clickies used in pvp. Example golem wand, conflag wand, Trak tooth,
- Add in yellow text.
- Make bank areas safe zones which pvp is not allowed.

I am against
- Item Loot
- Variance
- Reduced pvp level range

Sektor
03-22-2013, 01:32 PM
I am for
- Remove all instant dmg/debuff clickies used in pvp. Example golem wand, conflag wand, Trak tooth,
- Add in yellow text.

I am against
- Item Loot
- Variance

I agree.

Elderan
03-22-2013, 01:48 PM
lol bank safe zones... literally the only good thing that would come from a bank safe zone is higher pop due to AFKs sitting in it... I would give my suggestions to how box would thrive but i dont like wasting my time any more than i already do with this box/forums

This would help grow the economy of the server which in turn will grow the box.

Right now transactions are a pain in the rear for a lot of people.

KabanazyTZ
03-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Fine w/ exp rate at lower levels tbh, can get a level in a couple hours np at 30'ish.

Hybrid penalty is admittedly terrible. Pvp exp loss is nothing at my level (NOT THAT I WOULD KNOW, I NEVER DIE IN PVP HEH) but I'm sure that's a different story at 51+

PvP death at 59 is a 4-5% xp loss. Which can take up to 3 hours (depending on group) to reattain. I didn't mind the xp loss when level 50 was cap, but since I started playing again in Kunark I've plugged more times than I'd care to admit to in order to keep my precious xp.

I'm the kind of person who likes to fight things out, and not care if I die, then ask for LnS. With the kind of penalty deaths have it almost removes my pvp bloodlust.

KabanazyTZ
03-22-2013, 02:31 PM
I am for
- Add in yellow text.

I am against
- Item Loot
- Variance

Ya I bet Nihilum is against variance :P, might suck if you guys can't log in on sunday every week and drop all 7 day spawns in a few hours.

Elderan
03-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Ya I bet Nihilum is against variance :P, might suck if you guys can't log in on sunday every week and drop all 7 day spawns in a few hours.

Variance would be terrible for everyone all around. Just look what blue has turned into.

On red this is not needed since if you want a boss all you need to do is pvp for it.

Stinkum
03-22-2013, 02:40 PM
"Reducing" XP penalty should be to 0%, not 1.5%. Terrible post.

Elderan
03-22-2013, 02:58 PM
"Reducing" XP penalty should be to 0%, not 1.5%. Terrible post.

I am ok with that but ONLY if you can provide a alternate method for being punished by a pvp death.

Here is one

- After pvp death player is under resurrection effects for 15 minutes. Player is immune to pvp while under these effects until the player moves or cast a spell.

HippoNipple
03-22-2013, 03:01 PM
I am for
- Add in yellow text.

I am against
- Item Loot
- Variance

I like all of these. The no variance helps Nihilum for sure right now but as you mentioned in another post it promotes pvp for pve instead of making people have shifts and watch spots 24/7, that is pathetic. You did also include no instant dmg/debuff clickies in pvp which would be a huge equalizer on this server and it would actually be a negative for Nihilum. These changes are fair.

The bank thing means nothing to me but it also seems like it would benefit guys starting out. People in established guilds already have tons of people to log in for them to transfer items from level 1 chars or they just box and know how to get away with it.

KabanazyTZ
03-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Variance would be terrible for everyone all around. Just look what blue has turned into.

On red this is not needed since if you want a boss all you need to do is pvp for it.

We can't field a big enough group to contest you guys for mobs on Sundays. Azrael has been pushing for variance ever since the resets that allowed you guys to get your mobs on such nice timers.

Variance would benefit Azrael/Dentists/wheover as it there might be an occasion where something spawns when we actually have a number advantage.

The fact that in order to down the biggest mobs on the box currently, all you guys have to do is tell your 50+ active member guild to log in Sunday morning and run zone to zone it makes it near impossible for anyone to contest. Whereas Azrael's largest raid group (basically all active members online) consists of ~26 people, plus if they're willing maybe 5-10 dentists.

You may think that variance would hurt the server, but it would give the rest of the server a chance at loot that Nihilum has a pretty large monopoly on right now.

Shrubwise
03-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Guys, let's get back on topic. Variance is a silly notion. Thread's been derailed. IMHO we need to get back to talking about how hostile an environment we play in and that's why we are all assholes. Oh, and Nihilum.

Elderan
03-22-2013, 03:11 PM
We can't field a big enough group to contest you guys for mobs on Sundays. Azrael has been pushing for variance ever since the resets that allowed you guys to get your mobs on such nice timers.

Variance would benefit Azrael/Dentists/wheover as it there might be an occasion where something spawns when we actually have a number advantage.

The fact that in order to down the biggest mobs on the box currently, all you guys have to do is tell your 50+ active member guild to log in Sunday morning and run zone to zone it makes it near impossible for anyone to contest. Whereas Azrael's largest raid group (basically all active members online) consists of ~26 people, plus if they're willing maybe 5-10 dentists.

You may think that variance would hurt the server, but it would give the rest of the server a chance at loot that Nihilum has a pretty large monopoly on right now.

The largest raid Nihilum has had since Jan was 36 people, the average raid size is 26-28. There were 35 people at the non Nihilum Trak kill the other week. So please don't tell me you cannot field equal or similar numbers.

Variance is not classic. All it would mean is trackers at every boss spawn and then a bat phone going out once the mob spawns. If as you claim nihilum has 50+ people and the other guilds have much less then who do you think has a better chance to form an attempt on a boss at moments notice at 1pm.

One BIG reason many people came to red is no variance. Yes some of those people are in Nihilum but keep in mind people in Nihilum help this box grow as much as any others.

Elderan
03-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Guys, let's get back on topic. Variance is a silly notion. Thread's been derailed. IMHO we need to get back to talking about how hostile an environment we play in and that's why we are all assholes. Oh, and Nihilum.

First step to reducing this is to remove global ooc. To add in global Auction and ONLY allow auctions to be posted in that channel. Once global ooc is removed the sense of much of the hostility would be removed.

So many people have told me they came to play on red only to quit within an hour because of how bad global ooc is.

Shrubwise
03-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Easily solved. Do as I have done. Navigate to Options --> Filters --> Out of Character. Select 'Hide'. BAM IMMERSION!

Next.

Cars
03-22-2013, 03:17 PM
If they introduced variance on red I would stop leveling right now.

No variance = no bat phones = regular hour raid times = chance for true competition

We can't field a big enough group to contest you guys YET...for mobs on Sundays. Azrael has been pushing for variance ever since the resets that allowed you guys to get your mobs on such nice timers.

FTFY.

This server just needs a few up and commers and some diplomacy between guilds, from what I have seen, you might have some LeBron's in the next draft. Do your best to make sure they don't get absorbed into the empire

Shrubwise
03-22-2013, 03:20 PM
SNIPERS

KabanazyTZ
03-22-2013, 03:36 PM
If they introduced variance on red I would stop leveling right now.

No variance = no bat phones = regular hour raid times = chance for true competition

FTFY.

This server just needs a few up and commers and some diplomacy between guilds, from what I have seen, you might have some LeBron's in the next draft. Do your best to make sure they don't get absorbed into the empire

No batphones?? Are u kidding the 3 top guilds all use a batphone.

Also, yes we a group in the mid 30's range at trakanon. What you are failing to comprehend is that more than 10 were Dentists and we were gathering for over 3 hours. That's not an instant login because something is up and get there. The batphone was sent out at like 1am est, and we didnt have everyone there until about 4am est.

The average Azrael raid force is between 14-22, most of those people are online at regular intervals. Stop trying to compare numbers with us Eldaran, your guild dwarfs us and everyone knows it.

In the argument of varience, if on the off chance that something like Sev spawned at midnight est, there's a higher chance of Azrael killing it than Nihilum getting people batphoned in in time.

Stinkum
03-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Variance is an awful idea and would turn this server into another career virgin shit-sock fest like it is on Blue.

If you want a raid mob then get your nut up and PVP for it, that's what this server is all about.

KabanazyTZ
03-22-2013, 05:52 PM
.....Meanwhile Azrael and Dentists, waiting for more people to join the good fight, will sit here watching Nihilum knock out every spawn on Sunday mornings because nobody has the numbers to contest them in mass guild pvp.

Cars
03-22-2013, 05:56 PM
Experienced EQ'ers are climbing bro, I can't really give you any more reassurance then that

Elderan
03-22-2013, 05:58 PM
No batphones?? Are u kidding the 3 top guilds all use a batphone.

Also, yes we a group in the mid 30's range at trakanon. What you are failing to comprehend is that more than 10 were Dentists and we were gathering for over 3 hours. That's not an instant login because something is up and get there. The batphone was sent out at like 1am est, and we didnt have everyone there until about 4am est.

The average Azrael raid force is between 14-22, most of those people are online at regular intervals. Stop trying to compare numbers with us Eldaran, your guild dwarfs us and everyone knows it.

In the argument of varience, if on the off chance that something like Sev spawned at midnight est, there's a higher chance of Azrael killing it than Nihilum getting people batphoned in in time.

All I am saying is, even based off of your information in this given situation the nihilum bat phone would go off and we would have way more online within 5 min.

Then you still dont get the spawn and we all lose because we live our lives waiting for bat phones.

If you instantly want to see the server population drop then implement variance. If you want to grow the server then look at the other ideas.

SamwiseRed
03-22-2013, 06:01 PM
the best thing for the server is for everyone to join one guild.

Elderan
03-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Experienced EQ'ers are climbing bro, I can't really give you any more reassurance then that

Nothing wrong with that at all. Nihilum welcomes the competition. But we want things to be happening at a reasonable time 8pm-1am weekdays and 3pm-1am weekends. No one wants this 5:45am on a tuesday bs.

Elderan
03-22-2013, 06:03 PM
the best thing for the server is for everyone to join one guild.

One mega guild so we can take Kerafyrm down. Then we can disband and go FFA.

Sounds like a plan.

SamwiseRed
03-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Nothing wrong with that at all. Nihilum welcomes the competition. But we want things to be happening at a reasonable time 8pm-1am weekdays and 3pm-1am weekends. No one wants this 5:45am on a Tuesday bs.

i really dont think you have a leg to stand on when it comes to ways to fix the servers population. like many other, you guys joined the server and went straight to Nihilum. it kind of makes it hard for there to be competition when all the blue poop-sockers flock to the same guild. i know alot of you are lazy and want easy loots. many of you who came from blue were pretty much griefed out of the raid scene by TMO only to join red and pretty much do the same thing to everyone else.

wish more scrubs wanted to work for their shit. sadly most of you joined red99 not to pvp and have fierce competition but because you knew there wasnt any competition to be had but plenty of loots :/

Elderan
03-22-2013, 06:13 PM
i really dont think you have a leg to stand on when it comes to fixing the servers population. like many other, you guys joined the server and went straight to Nihilum. it kind of makes it hard for there to be competition when all the blue poop-sockers flock to the same guild. i know alot of you are lazy and want easy loots. many of you who came from blue were pretty much griefed out of the raid scene by TMO only to join red and pretty much do the same thing to everyone else.

wish more scrubs wanted to work for their shit

I went to blue to re experience end game content again that I once cleared many years ago. The blue system does not allow for that without some extreme hours in which I am not willing to commit.

Red did not have variance so I knew that X boss spawns at X time every week I could either kill it or fight over it. Either one being fun. I can plan my wife/daughter time every week around that. Instead of totally random times on blue.

In summary

Blue server is really messed up and the primary reason is variance. Red has issues sure but dont make it worse by bringing variance over here.

Heywood
03-22-2013, 06:21 PM
The only guild to suffer from variance is Nihilum, broskies. Everyone else would greatly benefit from it, especially Domingueros of Norrath.

Legalize Variance '13. It encourages the PVPs.

SamwiseRed
03-22-2013, 06:21 PM
oh variance is dumb too dont get me wrong but a lot of red's problems can be solved if the player base would pull their head out. it SOUNDS like rogean/nilbog have some inc changes. xp loss being removed has got to be one of them so that's a step in the right direction. pvp is way to god damn personal here. RL attacks all over the place, shit is not classic. account stripping and deleting? definitely not classic, what kind of mad fucks play this game anyway. people take this game so seriously they will do ANYTHING for an advantage to include RL attacks. any sane person would run from this server without looking back, thank god most of us arent all there to begin with. just some quick comments about players shitting where they eat.

- twinks raping new players, shits classic but on a 100 person server do you really want less people playing? what the hell is wrong with you lol

- zerging, may be classic but again this server is small as hell and nowhere near classic population. you simply cant out zerg your oppenent because it could end in server dying. this has ALREADY happened once. although last time some of it had to do with crazy GM decisions but not going to go there.

- RL attacks, dumbasses are really ruining the server. put account stripping and deleting here as well.

- just being dicks in general, scamming people, training people, corpse camping, ect ect ect. bitches this aint Sullon Zek, calm the hell down.

KabanazyTZ
03-22-2013, 07:10 PM
All I am saying is, even based off of your information in this given situation the nihilum bat phone would go off and we would have way more online within 5 min.

Then you still dont get the spawn and we all lose because we live our lives waiting for bat phones.

If you instantly want to see the server population drop then implement variance. If you want to grow the server then look at the other ideas.

The problem with your batphone for a mob like sev is that we'll already have our 15-20 online (for some bizarre reason) to do a mob like that. And not to mention that if people continue to be batphoned at hours they dont normally play for weeks on end, they'll probably start to ignore a lot of the batphones.

BigSlip
03-22-2013, 07:25 PM

+1

Rushmore
03-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Tarwine start sharing your altergate forum name/ingame name thing you did with altergate with this crew! That would fix a lot of problems.

Tradesonred
03-23-2013, 02:52 AM
"- twinks raping new players, shits classic but on a 100 person server do you really want less people playing? what the hell is wrong with you lol"

Devs were told sooooooooooo many times that this would happen and it was soooooooo obvious that it would. And still they left the xp loss in, cuz HEY, ITS NOT CALL OF DUTY ALLRITE CLUELESS PEASANT?

Better late than never though and if they come to their senses ill probably play the box again.

Faerie Blossom
03-23-2013, 04:14 AM
EQ is just a funny sort of game. It's extremely difficult to start out, but then once you're at the top it's simple to stay there. This is classic, but I don't think anyone can deny that this is a big part of the problem. Grinding to level 8 as a wis caster is torture, and the fact that you eat almost every PvE death from level 5-30+ most certainly doesn't help, either. Removing the xp loss in PvP death only really seems to help the higher level people, and not the people leveling up. I know I would much rather take a small xp loss from PvP than have griefers making me die intentionally to NPCs I'm engaged with. Higher levels have cleric friends around their level to rez them, and because of the unrezzable xp loss from PvP they prefer training themselves and getting rezzed later.

Maybe the xp loss should be scaled back a lot, if it's as bad as everyone says it is. But I feel it should stay in, just so people have some incentive beyond coin loot to not just root each other on NPCs to waste as much of their time as possible (finding rez, maybe logging out to preserve rez timer).

The game is simply tough, and without a higher population things just are not that fun at the lower levels. I can't understand why so many people prefer playing blue to red. That's all we would need to make this the best emulated server ever: more people. Even with their endgame being a massive letdown, the bluebies still refuse to come over here. Having missed out on launch kind of sucks; I've soloed for all of my xp so far and have only had one PvP encounter when some dumb melee kept attacking me near the Kelethin guards. There are always people to group with at the lower levels on blue, and most of them seem new to that server. Why aren't they coming here?

I don't want to sound like a troll, and I know something like this would probably never happen, but I really do wish that an account would need a level 20 character on red before they were allowed to make one on blue. The twinks, griefers and harsh penalties weren't nearly this bad on live, and it's not because the mechanics here are harsher. It's that on live, you always had potential friends to make at any level.

I'm not sure what could be done about that, beyond forcing our style of play upon the bluebies in some manner. And that would probably be selfish of us.

Tradesonred
03-23-2013, 04:29 AM
EQ is just a funny sort of game. It's extremely difficult to start out, but then once you're at the top it's simple to stay there. This is classic, but I don't think anyone can deny that this is a big part of the problem. Grinding to level 8 as a wis caster is torture, and the fact that you eat almost every PvE death from level 5-30+ most certainly doesn't help, either. Removing the xp loss in PvP death only really seems to help the higher level people, and not the people leveling up. I know I would much rather take a small xp loss from PvP than have griefers making me die intentionally to NPCs I'm engaged with. Higher levels have cleric friends around their level to rez them, and because of the unrezzable xp loss from PvP they prefer training themselves and getting rezzed later.

Maybe the xp loss should be scaled back a lot, if it's as bad as everyone says it is. But I feel it should stay in, just so people have some incentive beyond coin loot to not just root each other on NPCs to waste as much of their time as possible (finding rez, maybe logging out to preserve rez timer).

The game is simply tough, and without a higher population things just are not that fun at the lower levels. I can't understand why so many people prefer playing blue to red. That's all we would need to make this the best emulated server ever: more people. Even with their endgame being a massive letdown, the bluebies still refuse to come over here. Having missed out on launch kind of sucks; I've soloed for all of my xp so far and have only had one PvP encounter when some dumb melee kept attacking me near the Kelethin guards. There are always people to group with at the lower levels on blue, and most of them seem new to that server. Why aren't they coming here?

I don't want to sound like a troll, and I know something like this would probably never happen, but I really do wish that an account would need a level 20 character on red before they were allowed to make one on blue. The twinks, griefers and harsh penalties weren't nearly this bad on live, and it's not because the mechanics here are harsher. It's that on live, you always had potential friends to make at any level.

I'm not sure what could be done about that, beyond forcing our style of play upon the bluebies in some manner. And that would probably be selfish of us.

There was 600 people here at launch. 600.

I would literally put my hand in the fire that what drove em away was how hard it was to challenge zergs like holocaust. On rallos you had CONSTANT fun back and forth pvp all day in newb zones.

Here? Holocaust ran into guk 15 of them and you could not get anyone to try to go in there and fuck em up. Its because of the xp loss, theres no other possible reason.

On rallos you didnt get mad, you got even. Here most of the times, everyone that wasnt in a zerg it was mostly, get mad, do i really wanna lose xp doing a guerilla run i have 90% chance of dying but could be fun? Nah, back to PVE

On rallos youd do those fun runs, over and over. Thats why leveling took forever. Thats why here people raced to the top and cried wtf need more PVE content, instead of enjoying the journey. Might have happened anyway for a couple of poopsockers but I sure would have pvpd alot more.

Red just feels like what its been called often, a purple server. Not exactly blue, but not exactly with a ruleset that encourages pvp.

Im pretty sure this is what killed the population. You dont roll on a pvp server to wait 2 months of grinding pve to finally pvp. And if you do, jokes on you because the pve grind vs pvp ratio is even worse end game.

Thing is, if things werent so harsh for casuals, and no xp loss (or heavily reduced) we might have made that pop stick around and it would have helped with pvp even more because the more people you have the less you have to ask yourself: do i really wanna kill the only couple of guys i may be able to group with later on?

If the xp loss was turned off id be logging on the next day, just fucking around with alts, camping shit for my alts, getting into pvp groups at high level to cockblock nihilum raids. As it is now, id rather play Fallout: New Vegas or DOTA 2, fucking sick and tired of PVE and the way server is setup, the grind never, ever ends, where on Rallos you could just sit on your char and pvp all day if thats what you wanted to do. Thats the major difference between red and rallos.

03-23-2013, 04:51 AM
I would literally put my hand in the fire that what drove em away was how hard it was to challenge zergs like holocaust. On rallos you had CONSTANT fun back and forth pvp all day in newb zones.

Here? Holocaust ran into guk 15 of them and you could not get anyone to try to go in there and fuck em up. Its because of the xp loss, theres no other possible reason

rofl

Tradesonred
03-23-2013, 05:01 AM
rofl

Yeah rofl all you want, anyone who played on Rallos will get what i mean right away.

On rallos, flowers was the holocaust in crushbone, but everyone ran in there to have fun.

balls_on_chin
03-23-2013, 10:07 AM

This is a troll, not a new player. Don't be fooled.

Clark
03-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Good PvP requires 500-800+ population. Nothing fun about pvping the same three people every week.

Faerie Blossom
03-23-2013, 12:15 PM
There was 600 people here at launch. 600.

Here? Holocaust ran into guk 15 of them and you could not get anyone to try to go in there and fuck em up. Its because of the xp loss, theres no other possible reason.

On rallos you didnt get mad, you got even. Here most of the times, everyone that wasnt in a zerg it was mostly, get mad, do i really wanna lose xp doing a guerilla run i have 90% chance of dying but could be fun? Nah, back to PVE

On rallos youd do those fun runs, over and over. Thats why leveling took forever. Thats why here people raced to the top and cried wtf need more PVE content, instead of enjoying the journey. Might have happened anyway for a couple of poopsockers but I sure would have pvpd alot more.

Red just feels like what its been called often, a purple server. Not exactly blue, but not exactly with a ruleset that encourages pvp.

Im pretty sure this is what killed the population. You dont roll on a pvp server to wait 2 months of grinding pve to finally pvp. And if you do, jokes on you because the pve grind vs pvp ratio is even worse end game.

Thing is, if things werent so harsh for casuals, and no xp loss (or heavily reduced) we might have made that pop stick around and it would have helped with pvp even more because the more people you have the less you have to ask yourself: do i really wanna kill the only couple of guys i may be able to group with later on?

If the xp loss was turned off id be logging on the next day, just fucking around with alts, camping shit for my alts, getting into pvp groups at high level to cockblock nihilum raids. As it is now, id rather play Fallout: New Vegas or DOTA 2, fucking sick and tired of PVE and the way server is setup, the grind never, ever ends, where on Rallos you could just sit on your char and pvp all day if thats what you wanted to do. Thats the major difference between red and rallos.

I don't know about any of that, but you might be right. It sounds like the GMs are going to turn off xp loss though, so if you're right that should solve loss of more people from the xp loss. But the server really needs more people. It's sad being the only person in Gfay on a friday night.

Here's an idea: what if blue characters were allowed a temporary transfer to red (1-2 weeks), and any progress they make while on red would transfer back with them to blue? I think if we could give them a taste of what EQ PvP is really like, maybe the server could pull in more players.

The reason for allowing them to keep whatever progress they make would be to ensure that it's not entirely just a bloodbath of random PvP all over the world, but an incentive to experience all that PvP has to offer (raid battles, fights over camps, etc).

Sirken
03-23-2013, 01:50 PM
Here's an idea: what if blue characters were allowed a temporary transfer to red (1-2 weeks), and any progress they make while on red would transfer back with them to blue? I think if we could give them a taste of what EQ PvP is really like, maybe the server could pull in more players.
we will never allow someone to take their progress from red to blue. red is a much more casual friendly than blue, and wouldnt be fair to the players that actually had to grind on blue. they might be allowed to go from blue to red one day, but it'd be a one way trip, and it would not work the other way around (from red to blue)

<3
Sirks

Faerie Blossom
03-23-2013, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'm just throwing out ideas :)

Sirken
03-23-2013, 02:02 PM

and i think thats awesome! ;)

but if i see something that i know will never ever happen, i feel i should step in just to keep you guys working constructively, but also within the realm of possibility ;)

mostbitter
03-23-2013, 03:08 PM
Two years of bitching about exp loss and victory is on the horizon friends! Happy days are here again!

SamwiseRed
03-23-2013, 03:11 PM
we will never allow someone to take their progress from red to blue. red is a much more casual friendly than blue, and wouldnt be fair to the players that actually had to grind on blue. they might be allowed to go from blue to red one day, but it'd be a one way trip, and it would not work the other way around (from red to blue)

<3
Sirks

i dunno blue was pretty damn easy leveling to 50 at least. groups all day everyday, minimal trains, no pvp or threat of xp loss unless you are an idiot. despite the xp bonus on red, i leveled faster on blue but then again i tend to grind a lot more when its with other players.

Faerie Blossom
03-23-2013, 03:31 PM
It is much easier to level on blue, unless you're a solo class. Leveling a rogue, for example, is pretty simple and fast on blue but kind of impossible on red without help.

Jepaxis
i dunno blue was pretty damn easy leveling to 50 at least. groups all day everyday, minimal trains, no pvp or threat of xp loss unless you are an idiot. despite the xp bonus on red, i leveled faster on blue but then again i tend to grind a lot more when its with other players.Ya, I have to agree. Leveling and raiding was a LOT easier on blue than red when I was there.

I could join any pick up group. Sol B, Guk, KC, Seb, HS, etc almost always had someone grouping in it even at odd hours and ya could group with anyone from any guild.

There were pickup raids even!

That's certainly not the case here. You can spend hours virtually alone on here and god forbid if ya need a rez anywhere when you don't have a guildy on.

You may have to XP more there, but you at least could XP consistently.

Awwalike
pras SIRKEN & pras ZADE

mostbitter
03-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Red items are worthless on blue, and plat is much more plentiful. You'd have a list a mile long full of characters who wouldn't be able to attain such wealth on the red server. I personally hope that doesn't happen.

I'd be interested in just about any other method to legitimately make the server more appealing to bluebie scumbags but giving them a free pass to level and attain wealth before moving here doesn't sound like a good move.

balls_on_chin
03-23-2013, 04:39 PM

20+ posts since "Introducing herself" yesterday. TROLLBAIT.jpg

Sirken
03-23-2013, 05:31 PM
Red items are worthless on blue, and plat is much more plentiful. You'd have a list a mile long full of characters who wouldn't be able to attain such wealth on the red server. I personally hope that doesn't happen.

I'd be interested in just about any other method to legitimately make the server more appealing to bluebie scumbags but giving them a free pass to level and attain wealth before moving here doesn't sound like a good move.

i should have clarified better. if we ever allowed blues to copy over to red, they would only have nodrop items. all coin and droppables would not xfer

Faerie Blossom
03-23-2013, 05:31 PM
and i think thats awesome! ;)

but if i see something that i know will never ever happen, i feel i should step in just to keep you guys working constructively, but also within the realm of possibility ;)

What if you just let them transfer copies of their characters over for a week so they experience things, then delete those copies? Would give some of them a taste of what could be.

balls_on_chin
03-23-2013, 05:56 PM
What if you just let them transfer copies of their characters over for a week so they experience things, then delete those copies? Would give some of them a taste of what could be.

I've confirmed this troll account is Heartbrand trying to be funny. Enough already, DUDE!

Sear
03-23-2013, 05:57 PM
pls don't start the ship-is-sinking and solution groupthink crap again

This server is fine. There's 150 online compared to like 30 a year ago. If exp rate has dented that somewhat then change it back to exactly what it had been + leave it alone. Not hard.

also Tarwine how about editing your thread title? I agree w/ the concern but that alone has a negative impact on player perception. You can get the point across with less dramatic wording.

Faerie Blossom
03-23-2013, 05:57 PM
I've confirmed this troll account is Heartbrand trying to be funny. Enough already, DUDE!

Will you stop trying to derail threads with this nonsense? If I'm an alt, you're the only one that cares.

balls_on_chin
03-23-2013, 06:02 PM

This server is fine. There's 150 online compared to like 30 a year ago. If exp rate has dented that somewhat then change it back to exactly what it had been + leave it alone. Not hard.

also Tarwine how about editing your thread title? I agree w/ the concern but that alone has a negative impact on player perception. You can get the point across with less dramatic wording.

Searyx reimmersed, might need to log back into HHK and grieve him off again...

balls_on_chin
03-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Will you stop trying to derail threads with this nonsense? If I'm an alt, you're the only one that cares.

You're right, you just contend you're a new player who also played on every PVP eq server that we all have, including VZTZ. Yet, the only name you give is some noname from VZ. You sure know a lot about VZTZ and this server, you've been a "member" for a day and you've posted like 30 times. Oh and you're a "female". Yeah, Heartbrand, WE BELIEVE YOU!!

Sear
03-23-2013, 06:14 PM
I got my hands full with fungi/ragebringer twinks already

which sucks but is better than 0 players being in the lowbie zones. Flowers are keeping the low/mid level pvp dream alive

mostbitter
03-23-2013, 06:39 PM
i should have clarified better. if we ever allowed blues to copy over to red, they would only have nodrop items. all coin and droppables would not xfer

Ah just epics and full planar then?

Tippett
03-23-2013, 06:40 PM
who gives a shit just get more people

mostbitter
03-23-2013, 06:40 PM
yeah who gives a shit please start transferring over epic mages and rogues please please

03-23-2013, 06:52 PM
after seeing the blue best of the best, no amount of gear will make me afraid of 99.9999% of their playerbase

mostbitter
03-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Any player could buy one of their toons. Much like what already happens pretty often.

Sirken
03-23-2013, 07:14 PM
Ah just epics and full planar then?

i'm sorry, we arent here to serve you cannon fodder on request :D

if anything it would create more high end competition, and that's a good thing :cool:

Elderan
03-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Allowing blues to transfer with any gear would be one of the worst ideas ever.

MAYBE allow transfers with 0 gear. Even then its a bad idea since most people would just go blue a char on blue then transfer it to red.

SamwiseRed
03-23-2013, 09:13 PM
allowing transfers would kill the legitimacy of the server. blue to red wasnt allowed in classic because of how much easier it is to obtain shit on a non-pvp server. there will be no reason to level on red unless you are a solo class if this is implemented. its a pretty ghetto method to increase pop. boxing would be a better idea than this. IMO ofc.

Sirken
03-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Allowing blues to transfer with any gear would be one of the worst ideas ever.MAYBE allow transfers with 0 gear. Even then its a bad idea since most people would just go blue a char on blue then transfer it to red.
it would be a one time thing, not ongoing. nobody would grind to 60 on blue just to come to red. if anything it would be the other way around. most of you would tear your faces off at lvls 54 and 59 on blue.

allowing transfers would kill the legitimacy of the server. blue to red wasnt allowed in classic because of how much easier it is to obtain shit on a non-pvp server. there will be no reason to level on red unless you are a solo class if this is implemented. its a pretty ghetto method to increase pop. boxing would be a better idea than this. IMO ofc.
it would be a one time thing, not ongoing. and on live Red servers didnt have easy mode xp, here it does, so your argument doesnt apply.

also, nobody ever said this was happening, and i wouldnt count on it happening. im just saying how it would be done.

Visual
03-23-2013, 09:29 PM
allowing transfers would kill the legitimacy of the server. blue to red wasnt allowed in classic because of how much easier it is to obtain shit on a non-pvp server.

They actually did start allowing that, a short time after the release of LDON. They also had the legends server (blue) where you could pay a premium and accumulate the best gear with little-to-no effort. I was not a fan of seeing PoTime geared bluebies migrating over at the time but we also weren't suffering from a ~100 population like r99.

I know me and my friends would love to take the GMs up on that offer if it ever develops on emu. I have a number of inactive alts on blue that could be made use of there.

mostbitter
03-23-2013, 09:35 PM
live servers didnt have exp pen on pvp either, except SZ, which had an exp bonus. Hm i am confused now.

Jenni D
03-23-2013, 09:57 PM
I say let it happen

more people to have fun with

stop treating this like anything other than a video game.
Enjoy have fun pals

Tradesonred
03-24-2013, 05:02 AM

Actually, if im correct, this surge in pop is way less older than a year. Population was sort of shitty till... hmm january? Then it snowballed a bit with Sirken making night fights and (my guess) with winter hunkering down.

Theres a reason why the server tanked earlier, unless theres some thoughts given into why, itll tank again.

That saying about its stupid to do the same thing and expect different results? Yeah

03-24-2013, 05:07 AM
Actually, if im correct, this surge in pop is way less older than a year. Population was sort of shitty till... hmm january? Then it snowballed a bit with Sirken making night fights and (my guess) with winter hunkering down.

Theres a reason why the server tanked earlier, unless theres some thoughts given into why, itll tank again.

That saying about its stupid to do the same thing and expect different results? Yeah

p sure exploitation en masse without consequences and lack of guard assist and 400 bluebies who didn't like pvp were the reasons why the server tanked the first time

Tradesonred
03-24-2013, 08:04 AM
p sure exploitation en masse without consequences and lack of guard assist and 400 bluebies who didn't like pvp were the reasons why the server tanked the first time

I would be curious as to what % was aware that any exploiting was going on. I really didnt pay attention to what was going on the forums about that, i never ran across someone who i noticed was exploiting in some way, ever in the first few months. I became aware of item recharging later on and some of the "more lucky than exploit" stuff much later on.

Ill agree on the lack of guard assist, that counted im sure.

I guess theres no way to know for sure if it was that people didnt like pvp, or that people were rallos old schoolers and were like I heard you liked grinding so we put some more grind on top of your grind so you can grind while you grind? Fuck this, im checking out of here.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-jLpI8lVxsPx04johRNy9mwCCqzxZ2ZpnAF0TNzX3_sq8-1EmHw

Faerie Blossom
03-24-2013, 10:54 AM
I say let it happen

more people to have fun with

stop treating this like anything other than a video game.
Enjoy have fun pals

Great post here :)

What does "server integrity/legitimacy" really matter, and why? I know back on live I used to think it was a big deal, because it took longer to level and we actually had to fight for our gear. But this was back when there was actually competition. As things are now, red end game seems to just be easymode for the one big guild while everyone else gets nothing beyond single group content. Let all the bluebies that want to transfer over; it would be beneficial for everyone. Their server is in a sorry state, and it's the more casual players there that are frustrated.

Most casual players would not be going to Nihilum, and if we just got enough of them to collectively form a raid force capable of competing with the bad guys then the server would be doing so much better. They have TMO/FE/BDA/FC/Div/Taken/Flawless/etc. each with higher numbers than Azrael (if the 14-22ish claims of regular Azrael turnout are true), and I bet with the transfers Azrael/FoH or some new guild could easily field the numbers needed to confront Nihilum. Blue endgame could use some thinning out at this point, too :/

If transfers were allowed, I think they would either need to be all items (including dropables), or more preferably naked. Allowing just no drop gear to transfer seems like it would encourage bored TMO/FE members to come over and join Nihilum, while discouraging the more casual players with purchased gear from making the jump. If the reasoning for this is to prevent red's economy from suffering I feel that's pretty silly, as account selling is allowed and happens just as often as other trades from what the forums tell. Making them transfer naked would discourage the hardcore Nihilum types from coming over because they love their loot, but it would also result in fewer overall transfers. More players is a good thing, but more Nihilum members would hurt the server. Pretty delicate situation :P

Supreme
03-24-2013, 11:17 AM
The dead/defeated/deleted are going to cry about "exploiting dragons" as long as EQ Emu exists.

The truth is that PVP in EQ sucks. It was never by design intended to be the "main course" of Everquest but instead a "spice". And there are some people that just cannot stomach the flavor.

Red99 needs to stay the way it is for the long term. People will come to know and expect how things are and in the long run it will help the "business" of Red99 to grow.

If we second guess the direction and what we can do to "improve business" of Red99 the changes can often chase away your dedicated core of players.

Grumpurt the Terrible
03-24-2013, 12:12 PM
expect how things are and in the long run it will help the "business" of Red99 to grow.

If we second guess the direction and what we can do to "improve business" of Red99 the changes can often chase away your dedicated core of players.

Grumper know bizness, Grumper good sale man. Yu need Grumper?

http://s13.postimg.org/4coy778nb/supreme.png

Tradesonred
03-24-2013, 01:51 PM
The dead/defeated/deleted are going to cry about "exploiting dragons" as long as EQ Emu exists.

The truth is that PVP in EQ sucks. It was never by design intended to be the "main course" of Everquest but instead a "spice". And there are some people that just cannot stomach the flavor.

Red99 needs to stay the way it is for the long term. People will come to know and expect how things are and in the long run it will help the "business" of Red99 to grow.

Thing is, itll never grow more than a bit. Because theres only a small amount of "basement dwellers" that find the server setup fun, its not rocket science.

EQ1 just isnt deep and fun enough on its own to warrant all that grind just to be able to have fun in pvp.

Even eve online, which is considered one of the harshest death penalties for dying in MMOs, isnt as harsh as Red99 is. But Eve online has a huge amount of things to do compared to what you can do in EQ1.

The death penalty in EVE can be compared to the ruleset of Rallos. You get to decide what kind of penalty you are willing to risk. Your ship and components is the "gear" you wear.

The only endgame that EQpvp (or at any level, actually) has, is fighting over shit. And the ruleset makes sure that its not going to happen that often.

These people are blue to the bone. Theres no way in hell i would have played EQ back in the day if there wasnt a PVP server. Blablabla pvp is just a little spice. No, its the whole fucking game to players like me. The PVE is the side dish. What theyre really saying is that they dont like EQ pvp. So why the fuck did you decide to play on this server? Oh yeah so you could sit on good spawns with your huge fucking zerg guild to PVE 24/7 and not have to call camps on blue.

Im guessing the reason why we have nihilums still pushing for the status quo is because it benefits them. They dont want people contesting their raids in pvp. They want to be able to make people forfeit just by the size of their roster.

Sounds like a bundle of fun to me

delta55
03-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Thing is, itll never grow more than a bit. Because theres only a small amount of "basement dwellers" that find the server setup fun, its not rocket science.

EQ1 just isnt deep and fun enough on its own to warrant all that grind just to be able to have fun in pvp.

Even eve online, which is considered one of the harshest death penalties for dying in MMOs, isnt as harsh as Red99 is. But Eve online has a huge amount of things to do compared to what you can do in EQ1.

The death penalty in EVE can be compared to the ruleset of Rallos. You get to decide what kind of penalty you are willing to risk. Your ship and components is the "gear" you wear.

The only endgame that EQpvp (or at any level, actually) has, is fighting over shit. And the ruleset makes sure that its not going to happen that often.

These people are blue to the bone. Theres no way in hell i would have played EQ back in the day if there wasnt a PVP server. Blablabla pvp is just a little spice. No, its the whole fucking game to players like me. The PVE is the side dish.

Im guessing the reason why we have nihilums still pushing for the status quo is because it benefits them. They dont want people contesting their raids in pvp. They want to be able to make people forfeit just by the size of their roster.

Sounds like a bundle of fun to me

That's unfortunate for you, because EQ PvP is horribly imbalanced and a very minor component in the overall game. Even the devs stated this numerous times back in the day.

Tradesonred
03-24-2013, 02:12 PM
That's unfortunate for you, because EQ PvP is horribly imbalanced and a very minor component in the overall game. Even the devs stated this numerous times back in the day.

Yeah, its like minecraft pvp, you know going in its not going to be stellar. But its still fun enough to make you want to play.

Rogean is just not a pvper, thats the problem. He sees regular, back and forth pvp ("bind rushing") like classic Rallos, as a problem. So this custom ruleset is tailored for bluebies, not pvpers.

KabanazyTZ
03-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Of course eq pvp is horribly imbalanced. Doesn't mean that it's not fun. Other than certain portions of WoW history, my fondest gaming memories are from EQ PvP.

delta55
03-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Yeah, true. The best thing EQ has going for it, by a LONG shot, is that it is NOT an instanced PVE game and instead makes you fight for spawns and pixels if you want them. This mechanic is so unbelievably awesome and honestly when WoW and other games axed it, it killed a part of me.

Instanced PvP = Lame

MC Epic
03-24-2013, 05:13 PM
what fucking planet do u live on? bindrushing has not been illegal since forever because if they die a ton of times they are losing xp with each death.

Pretty sure he was criticizing the exp loss system.

My 2 copper: Exp loss in PvP does not address a bind-rush "problem", but it does discourage PvP, and it favours level 60's in PvP (the lower level has a penalty to death, but one could accurately argue level 60's are unaffected by this penalty).

03-24-2013, 05:46 PM
I would be curious as to what % was aware that any exploiting was going on. I really didnt pay attention to what was going on the forums about that, i never ran across someone who i noticed was exploiting in some way, ever in the first few months. I became aware of item recharging later on and some of the "more lucky than exploit" stuff much later on.

well that's why

it was being posted all over the forums by lovely and nizzar(nizzar exploiting? unheard of)

balls_on_chin
03-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Grumper know bizness, Grumper good sale man. Yu need Grumper?

http://s13.postimg.org/4coy778nb/supreme.png

lol, icwudt

Faerie Blossom
03-24-2013, 07:31 PM
EQ PvP was accidentally genius, because it was incentivized by the meat of the game (PvE). Limited PvE resources made for meaningful PvP without even needing to force it with rewards/penalities like xp and item loss/gain.

That said, I don't understand why players would want to bindrush, or have their enemies do so to them. Once things calmed down on my live server, everyone pretty much agreed to a LnS system, and it really became expected of dead players to respectfully loot their corpse and leave the area. Same with raids; there would be one big fight and once a player died they waited respectfully for the fight to end instead of charging back into battle. Unless the guilds were on very bad terms, the winning guild would even rez all the enemy players to save them time on CR, and the losers would leave to go do something else.

The most fun I've had in EQ has been in PvP of course, but I agree that it really is added spice to the game instead of it being the main course. More than anything I liked that it added a fun RP element, and depth, to the game. It's just a more realistic fantasy world when you're able to both kill dragons with friends AND kill the people that become your enemies. That doesn't make the game a FPS free for all where players respawn and jump right back into combat.

I hope I'm not coming across as condescending, this is just how I feel about EQ.

Galacticus
03-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Rallos was the minority pvp server for a long time (up until SZ came out). that said, if all u want to do is run around fragging kids, EQpvp might not be the game for you. EQpvp was intended to be EQ with pvp turned on. nothing more. a primarily PvE game, with the option to kill others. as far as the xp penalty, ive addressed it.

what fucking planet do u live on? bindrushing has not been illegal since forever because if they die a ton of times they are losing xp with each death.

what else did u wanna cry about?:cool:

All I want is some clarity on the situation so I can decide if checking back weekly for something that might happen aka "big things" that might draw a bigger base of players.

Fuck the rullset.
Fuck the xp bonus.
Fuck whatever your petty bullshit ideas are about(not directed at staff).

This server needs more people. Any way you slice the bread. Eq is a game about grouping not soloing.

More people should be the MAIN goal of the server right now. All rullsets and XP bonuses and whatever else should be orriented towards facilitating that goal.

Anyone who is content with one guild ruling the server of less then 200 people needs to get their head out of their ass.

Supreme
03-24-2013, 07:50 PM
All I want is some clarity on the situation so I can decide if checking back weekly for something that might happen aka "big things" that might draw a bigger base of players.

Fuck the rullset.
Fuck the xp bonus.
Fuck whatever your petty bullshit ideas are about(not directed at staff).

This server needs more people. Any way you slice the bread. Eq is a game about grouping not soloing.

More people should be the MAIN goal of the server right now. All rullsets and XP bonuses and whatever else should be orriented towards facilitating that goal.

Anyone who is content with one guild ruling the server of less then 200 people needs to get their head out of their ass.

Obviously it is Nihilum's fault that no competition has been formed.

We must ban Nihilum NOW because that will make the population go up!

karsten
03-24-2013, 07:52 PM
you're fucking retarded

aborted
03-24-2013, 07:57 PM
Give a bonus to xp for grouping with 6 people, so people will want a full group.

Galacticus
03-24-2013, 08:05 PM
Obviously it is Nihilum's fault that no competition has been formed.

We must ban Nihilum NOW because that will make the population go up!

Nihilum is a problem because the population is so low. If there were 600 population on this server Nihilum wouldnt be an issue.

But your pathetic for even trying to act like anyone is suggesting that.

Nihilum is the result of low population. Everyone wants to raid end game shit and if Nihilum is the only option to kill what you want then where you going to go?

Get 60 and either - join the only guild that does certian content realistically unapposed.

or

Get 60 and compete against them with odds of 1 v 8.

The only people who dont join nihilum are people who like being underdogs or just hate the idea of what you stand for.

You cant be blamed because if those guilds had your players they would do the same thing.

Inherently its a population issue.

Galacticus
03-24-2013, 08:09 PM
Give a bonus to xp for grouping with 6 people, so people will want a full group.

If everyone on this sever currently 173 (on sunday afternoon) were level 60 - there would still be only 173 and the majority of them would be in one guild because it takes that many people to do end game content in eq.

I dont think a new person to a pvp server will even find 6 people to group with for a long time, and even then people who are already on the server will have the advantage of knowing everyone already and advancing further then any new players with that advantage.

Tippett
03-24-2013, 08:12 PM
I was in DL with 32 Nihi as they prepped to kill a raid target today

there was 164 people online

32/164 they are not the problem to be honest that isn't even a quarter of the people online

Sektor
03-24-2013, 08:26 PM
pretty sure i addressed that pages ago, honestly, the guys bitching just to bitch. all the QQ has been adressed or is a non issue. it gets real old, real fast.

We need the xp bonus up from 25% to 125%
Award the already 60s for being 60. Give them a choice of a guise, unlimited gate pot, or an unlimited cancel magic stone. This server has the potential to hit 1000 plus.

Tippett
03-24-2013, 08:27 PM
Sirken this nerd isn't even worthy

keep on trucking brutha

Sirken
03-24-2013, 08:28 PM
We need the xp bonus up from 25% to 125%
Award the already 60s for being 60. Give them a choice of a guise, unlimited gate pot, or an unlimited cancel magic stone. This server has the potential to hit 1000 plus.

lets just give everyone GM accts! i bet server will hit a thousand million players!

Galacticus
03-24-2013, 08:29 PM
I was in DL with 32 Nihi as they prepped to kill a raid target today

there was 164 people online

32/164 they are not the problem to be honest that isn't even a quarter of the people online

Nihilum is an eventuality of a low population server. Sullon Zek lost population in its later years and was eventually rulled by one guild. Same thing happend to Rallos Zek.

So only 32 Nihilum members out of the group of 100 dont already have an item from a raid target. That doesnt give an acurate description of how many are on alts or anon.

I personally have /who all Nihilum with less then 140 people on and had 91 turn up within the last month.

The only thing Nihilum can do really to help the server is break in two. But if that happens then one of the guilds wont be on top anymore.

Tippett
03-24-2013, 08:30 PM
91 out of 140?

I am praying you are a cast account at this point

Galacticus
03-24-2013, 08:36 PM
fuck the rule set? learn how to play without hacking or training.
fuck the xp bonus? i agree, but would drown in the QQ
fuck our petty bullshit ideas? our ideas rock your socks off. try "fuck not implementing great ideas"

server could use more people. so tell your fellow players to stop logging on their fungi twinks to corpse camp noobs in cloth until they rage log never to return.

and then global ooc. and i know players can turn it off, but guess what, seeing that cesspool of verbal diarrhea gives new players an idea of what to look forward to. but fear not, ive been AFKing on red with my tells off for days on end just logging /ooc so that i can prove all the claims of "WE NEED GLOBAL OOC TO FIND GROUPS AND SELL STUFF" is 100% garbage. talking shit to someone from half the world away does not make you a tuff guy.

By Fuck those things, I should clarify I meant they arent as important as population.

Having a bonus of whatever % or having teams or no teams or 5 lvls pvp variance or 10 levels or yellow text or the small ideas that fix what only one or two people have problems with but doesnt help the server as a whole....

People are arguing for stuff that really wont change anything substatial to the server without a higher population for it to matter to.

I dont have a 50+ character on this server or any fungi friends. I agree they are ruining shit for people. I also agree with the verbal diarreha in ooc. I havent played much since my friends left when the Xp bonus went out.

Galacticus
03-24-2013, 08:37 PM
91 out of 140?

I am praying you are a cast account at this point

Nah Im not even level 50 yet, originally I didnt see any other option but to join nihilum. Im not for logging on and getting pvped 30 to 10 like my friend in Azrael.

Supreme
03-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Nihilum is an eventuality of a low population server. Sullon Zek lost population in its later years and was eventually rulled by one guild. Same thing happend to Rallos Zek.

So only 32 Nihilum members out of the group of 100 dont already have an item from a raid target. That doesnt give an acurate description of how many are on alts or anon.

I personally have /who all Nihilum with less then 140 people on and had 91 turn up within the last month.

The only thing Nihilum can do really to help the server is break in two. But if that happens then one of the guilds wont be on top anymore.

You are being a troll. Obviously mad because you want what Nihilum has built but cant because you do not want to work for it.

Typical liberal mind.

The FACT is that if Nihilum did not exist there would be even FEWER people playing on Red99 not more.

The FACT is that you and your egomanicial pals cannot put aside personal differences and pride to actually make something substantial and competitive. Then you come to the forums to whine about Nihilum "zerg" and brag about griefing people off the server with 5 v 1 ganks.

If you dont like what Red99 is then STFU and GTFO make your own EQ PVP server.

You are definately in the minority.

Galacticus
03-24-2013, 08:53 PM
You are being a troll. Obviously mad because you want what Nihilum has built but cant because you do not want to work for it.

Typical liberal mind.

The FACT is that if Nihilum did not exist there would be even FEWER people playing on Red99 not more.

The FACT is that you and your egomanicial pals cannot put aside personal differences and pride to actually make something substantial and competitive. Then you come to the forums to whine about Nihilum "zerg" and brag about griefing people off the server with 5 v 1 ganks.

If you dont like what Red99 is then STFU and GTFO make your own EQ PVP server.

You are definately in the minority.

Why would there be fewer if nihilum didnt exist? You think nihilum is special? There would be another guild to take its place if it wasnt around. Its called the majority and someone has to have it if there are no teams.

Being proud of acomplisments in a video game that is almost 15 years old and accusing others of wishing they had what you have is classic republican penis envy. Just because your penis is so small you think everyone knows.

The only FACT in your post is the one where you completely ignore any real topic of conversation and fail at trying to insult me and make up bullshit that anyone who plays on this server wouldnt touch with a 10 foot stick.

Oh by the way - I have pals in all the guilds on this server including Nihilum.

Supreme
03-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Why would there be fewer if nihilum didnt exist? You think nihilum is special? There would be another guild to take its place if it wasnt around. Its called the majority and someone has to have it if there are no teams.

Being proud of acomplisments in a video game that is almost 15 years old and accusing others of wishing they had what you have is classic republican penis envy. Just because your penis is so small you think everyone knows.

The only FACT in your post is the one where you completely ignore any real topic of conversation and fail at trying to insult me and make up bullshit that anyone who plays on this server wouldnt touch with a 10 foot stick.

Oh by the way - I have pals in all the guilds on this server including Nihilum.

I must have hit a liberal nerve.

Give me what you have because i do not have the time, ability or desire to work for it. I am entitled to everything you have because...i play here too.

boo fucking hoo.

Stop being a forum troll posting anon crap while bashing the very guild that you claim to "one day join".

Galacticus
03-24-2013, 09:56 PM
I must have hit a liberal nerve.

Give me what you have because i do not have the time, ability or desire to work for it. I am entitled to everything you have because...i play here too.

boo fucking hoo.

Stop being a forum troll posting anon crap while bashing the very guild that you claim to "one day join".

Lol @ liberal. The only thing Supreme about you is your tripple neck fat rolls.

Nice analogy that relates to nothing I said.

Posting anon is the only form of free speech in Nihilum isnt it?

Sear
03-24-2013, 10:04 PM
"WE NEED GLOBAL OOC TO FIND GROUPS AND SELL STUFF" is 100% garbage.

No it isn't.

I agree that chat gets juvenile (it did on live too), but shutting off the only practical means of socializing/communicating on a small pop server isn't a better solution.

Sirken, you should really just make a character here and actually play. Logging chat isn't the same thing - it won't give you the same perspective when you haven't played on the server. This would help you understand which complaints have validity and which are just malcontent whining.

Trash talk is part of the red "classic" experience, like it or not. A few people go overboard. There's like 5 people on the server who are really offensive/bad regularly in OOC.

Supreme
03-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Lol @ liberal. The only thing Supreme about you is your tripple neck fat rolls.

Nice analogy that relates to nothing I said.

Posting anon is the only form of free speech in Nihilum isnt it?

Anon troll crying about XP and server population then blames Nihilum.

Definately fitting in well with the rest of the trolls and server rejects.

Swyft
03-24-2013, 10:28 PM
um.

There is absolutely no correlation between the pop of blue and red, many player's on red do not even have a single character on blue(myself included). And this is an extremely inaccurate way to scale the pop on red.

The population on red should be scaled simply by a timeline of active players without considering blue's pop whatsoever. We wouldn't have scaled the active pop of Sullon Zek by the rise and decline of another server.

Now thurs night Fights and event's would certainly have an impact on existing players or player's that took a hiatus but it does absolutely nothing to encourage new player's to join the server.

And finally exp penalty on death actually discourages pvp for most player's, forcing hours of pve grinding to make up for moments of pvp. This is why Sullon Zek always had an exp bonus to make up for the death penalty and encourage pvp.

Now if Sony had fulfilled there promise of vendor rewards for pvp coins earned through pvp, that was announced on the release of the server, we would have seen something truly unique to gaming... A real world pvp environment(not battlegrounds) that rewarded pvper's as much as pve'rs in content and gear for dynamic and skillful combat with other players. Instead all we see in modern games is BG grinds that make you feel like your farming mobs.

And forcing player's to grind hours of pve for moment's of pvp, shift's the power dynamic in the favor of blue raiders over skilled pvper's.

And that's really why everyone is here, to pvp in a world environment, where your success is determined by skill and adaptability to the constant challenges that arise.

Sektor
03-24-2013, 10:35 PM
lets just give everyone GM accts! i bet server will hit a thousand million players!

That's the thing, even if the xp bonus went up to 125% it's still very hard to level to 60. It's not a cake walk, if anything it's going to take someone 4 months instead of 8 months to get 60. We aren't teenagers anymore, we live with our girlfriends/wives, we have full time jobs, families, friends. Most of us have lives here, at the time time we can only put in so much time into the game. The only reason why I'm 58 is because I got lucky and bought a 57 cleric.

-Hybrid Pen is retarded, there shouldn't be one.
-The Xp bonus needs to be increased.
-Yellow Text

Very simple, this is what needs to happen.

Jenni D
03-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Same things been said since god knows when

have to just sit and hope

03-24-2013, 11:22 PM
And that's really why everyone is here, to pvp in a world environment, where your success is determined by skill and adaptability to the constant challenges that arise.

false, many players(mostly in nihilum) are here because they are banned on blue or cannot make it in the raid scene there(see: supreme, nizzar, etc.)

Swyft
03-24-2013, 11:39 PM
false, many players(mostly in nihilum) are here because they are banned on blue or cannot make it in the raid scene there(see: supreme, nizzar, etc.)

True but I was talking more the majority then the minority. If yellow text were added and pvp vendor rewards for coins introduced I think we would see the blue raiders phased out by an influx of more hardcore pvper's. Sadly I have no hope of ever seeing this come to fruition.

03-24-2013, 11:43 PM
True but I was talking more the majority then the minority. If yellow text were added and pvp vendor rewards for coins introduced I think we would see the blue raiders phased out by an influx of more hardcore pvper's. Sadly I have no hope of ever seeing this come to fruition.

yellow text fo sho but i dunno about custom pvp rewards and stuff like that

yellow text + resist fixes + broken shit like highsun fixes/mage pet would save the server

Sirken
03-25-2013, 12:05 AM
Sirken, you should really just make a character here and actually play.

/lfg ON

:p

Swyft
03-25-2013, 12:06 AM
yellow text fo sho but i dunno about custom pvp rewards and stuff like that

yellow text + resist fixes + broken shit like highsun fixes/mage pet would save the server

I'm not talking about custom items, I'm talking about vendor's to buy items already found in the game all no trade/ no drop items so they cannot be farmed for alt's or influence the server's economy.

The Vendors would sell stuff like Plane of Fear, Hate, Air gear, and could even feature VP gear for an insane cost. This would allow player's an alternate route to compete in high end pvp without destroying the raiding aspect of pve.

It would also guarantee that no one guild could ever box new player's out of the pvp scene by exclusively camping pve content. And would encourage player's to participate in player vs player combat more actively.

Sirken
03-25-2013, 12:14 AM
It would also guarantee that no one guild could ever box new player's out of the pvp scene by exclusively camping pve content. And would encourage player's to participate in player vs player combat more actively.

controlling content is the main reason to pvp :confused:

Supreme
03-25-2013, 12:21 AM

I am here for the PVP over PVE..which never happens because because the server rejects blame Nihilum for stealing all the talent.

The reality is that all of the good players get tired of listening to Mellow, Andis and Lite flake out. Then end up joining us as the last resort to a bad situation where they have invested too much time to just "give up".

Want to increase the population on Red? Allow naked move logs from Blue to Red.

Tippett
03-25-2013, 12:24 AM
Transfers would only be fair if they went both ways

it is easier to level on blue because groups exist 50+ there, they do not here

yes the exp moves 25% faster here, but there is just no groups to grind in

Supreme
03-25-2013, 12:27 AM
I'm not talking about custom items, I'm talking about vendor's to buy items already found in the game all no trade/ no drop items so they cannot be farmed for alt's or influence the server's economy.

The Vendors would sell stuff like Plane of Fear, Hate, Air gear, and could even feature VP gear for an insane cost. This would allow player's an alternate route to compete in high end pvp without destroying the raiding aspect of pve.

Sounds classic.

Supreme
03-25-2013, 12:30 AM
Transfers would only be fair if they went both ways

it is easier to level on blue because groups exist 50+ there, they do not here

yes the exp moves 25% faster here, but there is just no groups to grind in

Nah we want to increase server pop on Red.

Tradesonred
03-25-2013, 12:44 AM
Rallos was the minority pvp server for a long time (up until SZ came out). that said, if all u want to do is run around fragging kids, EQpvp might not be the game for you. EQpvp was intended to be EQ with pvp turned on. nothing more. a primarily PvE game, with the option to kill others. as far as the xp penalty, ive addressed it.

what else did u wanna cry about?:cool:

You did not address any of the points i made, and instead chose name calling. Fine.

Let me try this again though:

- The devs are being told for a year and a half now, that xp loss advantages zergs like nihilum and that it hinders pvp. That the reason why Nihilum is neck deep in dragon gear, has a quadrillion bank alts for high end gear is because no one will challenge them on a regular basis because the penalty for trying so is too harsh.

- "Bind rushing" is classic. I never said it was illegal. I said that Rogean's ruleset goes counter to the kind of gameplay that was prevalent on Rallos, that "LOL this isnt CoD" and "all you wanna do is run around fragging kids" gameplay you obviously werent around to experience back in classic.

- EQ endgame is not interesting enough on its own, to be doing it over, and over, and over, and over again. You do not lose xp on blue, ever, unless youre unlucky and die in PVE and cant find a cleric to rez you. On red, where the focus is supposed to be on PVP, you are asked to do alot more PVE than you are asking people to do on a PVE server, there is something wrong with that. You might say xp is slower on blue but like it was pointed out, its easy to find groups on blue and its alot more fun to be getting groups left and right than what the situation on red is.

I do not mind PVE. I just dont like Rogean's custom ruleset, where its something like 90%PVE and 10% PVP. It doesnt work for people who like to PVP more than 5 times a week. Theres problems that came with Rogean deciding to fiddle with a custom ruleset that werent thought through. (hard twinks who will never, ever lose their gear edge, for example, xp griefing basically naked casuals trying to have fun)

Sirken
03-25-2013, 12:54 AM
what name did i call you?

again, i already posted multiple times about xp loss in pvp. go back and read the thread. i agree with you, it needs to go.

again, my live server, Vallon Zek, had a higher population that RZ. the server Tallon Zek had a higher population than RZ. the only time RZ wasnt the bottom minority lowest pop server in EQ was when they introduced the cesspool that was Sullon Zek. and im truly sorry if your pvp memories simply consist of griefing and bindrushing (which btw is and has always been legal yet you continue to harp about it), because it seems you really missed out. we are absolutely not trying to emulate the lowest pop server on EQ (pre Sullon Zek era).

regardless of what you think, it takes much longer to level on blue than it does on red. im not going to debate that with you, its a fact.

and yes, i have classic highend pvp server experience. id bet i saw more pvp tagged in <Macabre> or <Torrent> then you've seen on live combined. and you know what? i stand by my statement, if all you wanna do is run around fragging kids, or playing CoD with EQ characters, then you are probably playing the wrong game :(

03-25-2013, 12:57 AM
I am here for the PVP over PVE..which never happens because because the server rejects blame Nihilum for stealing all the talent.

lol

what

Smedy
03-25-2013, 12:58 AM
i personally do not support transfer, knowing nihilum inside out i know for a fact their core have only 1 priority, that is to slay avatar of war.

if transfer was done you'd see them reqcruit 99% of the freshlysqueezed bluebies in order to make that 100man raid for velious happen, they even said this themselves when people question their 90+ man rooster while other guilds should be happy to field 25+.

They are not here for the pvp, they are banned on blue and came here to pve, they will not stop reqcruiting until they can field the number required for AOW

gloinz
03-25-2013, 01:01 AM
regardless of what you think, it takes much longer to level on blue than it does on red. im not going to debate that with you, its a fact.

definitely someone who has not leveled a solo hybrid/melee on red

Tradesonred
03-25-2013, 01:01 AM
Here, i highlighted the important parts, so youre less tempted to come up with a ridic reply like U mad? Why u so mad?

U cry like baby? Cuz youre a baby? Aww look at the big baby crying! Thats not a man, thats a man-baby!

Kraftwerk
03-25-2013, 01:03 AM
Here, i highlighted the important parts, so youre less tempted to come up with a ridic reply like U mad? Why u so mad?

U cry like baby? Cuz youre a baby? Aww look at the big baby crying! Thats not a man, thats a man-baby!

Lol wat?

Tradesonred
03-25-2013, 01:10 AM
and im truly sorry if your pvp memories simply consist of griefing and bindrushing (which btw is and has always been legal yet you continue to harp about it)

See its all about language, theres the problem right there.

Heres my take on it and how it translates (in your perception of things):

I am BINDING outside a pvp central zone for easy access (bind rushing) so i can spend a couple of hours there, HAVING FUN (griefing) pvping with other players who also bind nearby to HAVE FUN (griefers).

I never said its been illegal, I said people like you and Rogean, view it as a problem that needs a solution, where i just see people having fun pvping.

Faerie Blossom
03-25-2013, 01:15 AM

I am BINDING outside a pvp central zone for easy access (bind rushing) so i can spend a couple of hours there, HAVING FUN (griefing) pvping with other players who also bind nearby to HAVE FUN (griefers).

I never said its been illegal, I said people like you and Rogean, view it as a problem that needs a solution, where i just see people having fun pvping.

He's repeated himself over and over in this thread: Sirken believes that exp loss from PvP needs to be removed.

What more do you want from the poor guy? It's not his decision to make, as he said way at the beginning of this thread, but he at least agrees with you.

Sirken
03-25-2013, 01:15 AM

if we viewed it as a problem, we'd have made it illegal

/gasp

03-25-2013, 01:16 AM

/gasp

yo sirkdawg hit me up with a PM and let me know when dat YT is coming

nawmean

Tradesonred
03-25-2013, 01:18 AM

/gasp

Do you really not see it or are you just trolling me?

How many times as it been said that xp loss is there so people dont "Bind rush"?

So yes, it was viewed as a problem

Swyft
03-25-2013, 01:18 AM
controlling content is the main reason to pvp :confused:

I fail to see how one guild comprising 2/3rd's of the server's pop and regularly camping all the high end content can be considered competitive.

If literally every player that wasn't Nihlium became one guild they would still be outnumbered and outgeared. Any guild who even downs trak a single time considers it a major victory that's the dismal state of affairs currently.

Sullon Zek suffered the same fate, the evil team was simply so large that every player who wasn't evil was forced to go to Legends just to get competitive gear. And sullon was intended to have pvp item rewards that's why every player dropped a coin.

The only reason sony didn't institute the rewards was because they were making too much money off Legends transfers to put anything in the game that would discourage that.

I'm not QQing or Whining this is just the way things are currently. If raiding encouraged pvp then why do we never see regular pvp groups of Nihi in the world. No farming encourages farming and that's all it is, rewards encourage pvp and would reward skill in pvp.

It doesn't seem to make much sense to have a red and blue server where on both your only rewarded for blue activities.

HippoNipple
03-25-2013, 01:32 AM
I fail to see how one guild comprising 2/3rd's of the server's pop and regularly camping all the high end content can be considered competitive.

If literally every player that wasn't Nihlium became one guild they would still be outnumbered and outgeared. Any guild who even downs trak a single time considers it a major victory that's the dismal state of affairs currently.

Sullon Zek suffered the same fate, the evil team was simply so large that every player who wasn't evil was forced to go to Legends just to get competitive gear. And sullon was intended to have pvp item rewards that's why every player dropped a coin.

The only reason sony didn't institute the rewards was because they were making too much money off Legends transfers to put anything in the game that would discourage that.

I'm not QQing or Whining this is just the way things are currently. If raiding encouraged pvp then why do we never see regular pvp groups of Nihi in the world. No farming encourages farming and that's all it is, rewards encourage pvp and would reward skill in pvp.

It doesn't seem to make much sense to have a red and blue server where on both your only rewarded for blue activities.

How would you stop people from just trading kills to get pvp rewards?

Swyft
03-25-2013, 01:39 AM
How would you stop people from just trading kills to get pvp rewards?

Leave exp loss on death, raise exp rate slightly to compensate. Just like on sullon you could not get more than one coin if you kill the same player within 1 hour rl time.

So kill trading would give you enough to get like 1 item after massive exp loss and about 1 year of rl time.

Sirken
03-25-2013, 01:43 AM

if youre not the #1 guild on the server, downing trak IS a big deal. especially if it's not something thats done often.

if i understand the second bit correctly, your argument is based on the fact that Nihilum doesnt have roaming pvp squads / gank squads (whatever u wanna call them). well, not every guild does (or did) that. i've been in guilds that went looking for pvp, and ive been in guilds that only pvp'd for reasons like taking a camp/raidboss or preventing enemies from having a presence in certain zones, etc. (on Vallon Zek only one guild was able to even hunt in sebilis until some time after the first warrior botb)

fact of it is, there's more than one way to play EQ. if you're chosen play style is less rewarding than you'd like it to be, then maybe it's time to mix things up.

and lastly, the red server is essentially blue with pvp turned on. what i mean by that is EQ is primarily a PvE game. and so even with pvp turned on, EQ is still a PvE game, it just also includes PvP. the main focus of EQ will always be PvE. the main point of PvP imo is to lock down PvE content to prevent your enemies from getting pixels that will help them destroy you for that same PvE content later on. Roaming ganksquads serve absolutely no in game purpose (your enjoyment is out of game), and so they yield no actual in game rewards.

other servers in the past (like VZTZ) have taken the approach to improve upon EQpvp, and work their server the way they feel things would have gone if pvp was a bigger priority than pve. but R99 is not one of those servers. R99 is trying to re-create a pvp server that has a bit from each of the 3 classic pvp servers (admittedly some servers more or less than others). you can love it or hate it, but because of that PvE will always be the largest focus, and will always yield the biggest and the best rewards on this and any live like EQpvp server.

<3

Tradesonred
03-25-2013, 01:45 AM
well that's why

it was being posted all over the forums by lovely and nizzar(nizzar exploiting? unheard of)

Actually i remember all the lovely posts, but i really did not give a fuck. I cant imagine alot of people giving a fuck either about a couple of players exploiting vs holy shit, i can play EQ pvp again. I just thought oh well, some guy is getting wands, and the issue is on the forums, some dev will get around to it.

Losing PVE progress over getting run over by a holocaust gank squad repeatedly in an hour, and visualizing it getting worse as they climbed the levels and not being able to at least try a guerilla payback cuz outcome will most likely be "Lol eat more xp loss, non-zerg", that i can see people quitting the server over for.

mostbitter
03-25-2013, 01:52 AM
I quit originally when I heard about people(exploiting) hitting 30 while me and my friends had taken time off to grind and only made it to 8. lucky for everyone except HB i came back

Tradesonred
03-25-2013, 01:55 AM
the main point of PvP imo is to lock down PvE content to prevent your enemies from getting pixels that will help them destroy you for that same PvE content later on. Roaming ganksquads serve absolutely no in game purpose (your enjoyment is out of game), and so they yield no actual in game rewards.

Thats like me going over to my friend's grandma and watching her play solitaire on the computer and asking, puzzled "But whats the point? Do you get any new games unlocked? Do you win money"

Having fun is the point of playing a game. You can tell us till youre blue in the face that pvp for the sake of pvp isnt fun, that PVE is the point of the game, some people will still find it fun. Theres a reason why the forums is full of "HAHA, i killed this guy with a tactical advantage on top of that rock while he was fighing that mob" posts and you dont see alot of "Hey, guys check out that screenshot of that time when i killed that Gnoll in blackburrow, its a keeper for sure!" posts. Even the big mobs kill posts are few and far between compared to the amount of interest that pvp generates on the forums.

Way more people care about PVP than PVE, when you read the classic PVP forums or the forums here, that means something.

And you can still lock down PVE without xp loss, it will just be harder and youll have to actually work for it instead of letting the ruleset do it for you.

Swyft
03-25-2013, 02:17 AM
if youre not the #1 guild on the server, downing trak IS a big deal. especially if it's not something thats done often.

if i understand the second bit correctly, your argument is based on the fact that Nihilum doesnt have roaming pvp squads / gank squads (whatever u wanna call them). well, not every guild does (or did) that. i've been in guilds that went looking for pvp, and ive been in guilds that only pvp'd for reasons like taking a camp/raidboss or preventing enemies from having a presence in certain zones, etc. (on Vallon Zek only one guild was able to even hunt in sebilis until some time after the first warrior botb)

fact of it is, there's more than one way to play EQ. if you're chosen play style is less rewarding than you'd like it to be, then maybe it's time to mix things up.

and lastly, the red server is essentially blue with pvp turned on. what i mean by that is EQ is primarily a PvE game. and so even with pvp turned on, EQ is still a PvE game, it just also includes PvP. the main focus of EQ will always be PvE. the main point of PvP imo is to lock down PvE content to prevent your enemies from getting pixels that will help them destroy you for that same PvE content later on. Roaming ganksquads serve absolutely no in game purpose (your enjoyment is out of game), and so they yield no actual in game rewards.

other servers in the past (like VZTZ) have taken the approach to improve upon EQpvp, and work their server the way they feel things would have gone if pvp was a bigger priority than pve. but R99 is not one of those servers. R99 is trying to re-create a pvp server that has a bit from each of the 3 classic pvp servers (admittedly some servers more or less than others). you can love it or hate it, but because of that PvE will always be the largest focus, and will always yield the biggest and the best rewards on this and any live like EQpvp server.

<3

The fact is anytime a guild becomes more than 50% of the servers pop that server died and pvp died long before the server's pop.

Telling me this is the way it is when I already said that is just redundant. I'm simply telling you what would improve the server's pop and increase server-wide pvp. You can implement it or not but I've never seen 1 huge guild encourage pvp or world pop on any lvl. Atleast on Rallos and sullon player's could go to Legends to gear up if all else fails here they just leave and the server pop goes down.

I will pvp no matter if there is a reward or not.

SamwiseRed
03-25-2013, 03:29 AM

wrong, in 2-3 weeks i got to 47 on blue with my mage, all focus items, half my planar armor including robe. i think i the end i had 5 days played.

i knew noone on blue nor did i have any help or PL, pretty much started from scratch

not sure if serious or dumb but red's xp bonus is hardly a time saver unless you are getting PL'd or playing a solo class. you cant measure rate of leveling with how much xp per mob you get. there are alot more important factors involved in leveling such as getting a group in the first place which is pretty damn easy on blue.

so really unless you are playing SoloQuest, it is FAR easier and faster to level on blue than red.

Pudge
03-25-2013, 05:35 AM
Just wanted to post in favor of blue transfers:

-Levels 1-58. If transferring a char 58 or higher, level/exp gets reduced to the very beginning of 58.
This gives transfers some reason to grind and stay in-game, making new friends (probably mostly others from blue) and lessens the blow to all the red99-ers who have slugged it out for their hard earned exp. It ain't easy leveling when half the time you're beset by pvp, OR there is no one around to group you because they're all soloquesting. (I'm a 58 SK, created the day red99 launched. i have something like 45 days played...)
-Naked except for no drops.
because they will need so much gear, it will buoy the economy. but let ppl keep keep a little bit of their gear. it does preserve a sense of their character and gives them something to hold on to. who wants to work so hard for their epic only to have it deleted and try to afford -if they're lucky- a wurmslayer? remember these ppl are blue and pixels are all they've ever known.
-All 58+ spells DELETED.
Any spell that is level 58 or greater, be deleted from spellbook (except mage epic). Earn dat torpor. These spells are still sought after by reds. <<Is this reasonable? how hard to come by are these spells on blue? I am assuming they are more widely available.>>

Hrrmm.. it's too late right now can't think of anything else. But i really think a transfer would be good for the server. And that it can be done in a way that everyone agrees is fair.

Jenni D
03-25-2013, 05:54 AM
Pudge is one smart cookie
good post

Labanen
03-25-2013, 06:17 AM
when we raid with an average of about 20, with a max somewhere just below 40 on a 180 person box we re not anywhere near 50 % of the server pop. Havent been for a long time either, not really since the sad days of 45 main time and 2-7 at off time.

There is plenty of possibility for competition if the opposition was able to work together. The few times they did they gave us a run for our money.
For a couple of weeks there was pretty fun pvp to be had over naggy.

Labanen
03-25-2013, 06:18 AM
35+ person raids has happened 2-3 times since kunark too... we really arent as many as you give us credit for.

Jenni D
03-25-2013, 06:36 AM
Ruban the problems are;
1) many dont have the patience and just join nihi
2) some new players join red without even considering joining "the competition"
3) "the competition" have no clear individual leader who knows everything vital
4) nihilum wont close recruitment
5) "the competition" fight amongst themselves more than fighting nihilum

none of which are really your guilds fault bar point 4.

server will never have competition until one person takes control who has respect of everyone

Tradesonred
03-25-2013, 06:56 AM
Even if we say in theory Nihilum doesnt have the numbers it used to, its a weak spot in the ruleset. It means zergs, be it the new zerg on the block, or the old zergs, can stop people from attempting to contest their raids, camp spots etc just by the sheer numbers of their roster.

If the penalty is heavily lessened (say, if you only lost your health/mana bars and had to med for a while instead of losing xp, thats still a penalty for dying, so is running back to get your body) it leaves the possibility for smaller guilds to attempt to guerilla contest for some fun times. Shit, with Nihilum sitting on piles and piles of Plat, i can envision them hiring another guild as protection and buffer while they down a raid target, with pvp happening alot more. Less penalty for the attempters at contesting nihi (or any dominant guild) so they try, less penalty for mercs hired by Nihi from dying, so this scenario is actually appealing to some up and coming guild. This makes end game alot more interesting and less set in stone, IE one guild succeeds in sucking up half the server on their roster, they rule for 6 months, then get broken by another guild, that new guild sits unchallenged for another 6 months, rinse repeat.

It makes having alts fun again (for me) because they are not just a huge grind staring me in the face (because people would pvp alot more without xp loss), i can actually sit my guy at level 12 or 16, and have him as a fun pvp times alternative when i get bored of high end. I wouldnt have to think about "Oh if i die 3 times during the pvp session, ill have to grind some xp grind on top of the xp grind i need to do on my main to keep up with pvp attempts". If we didnt think EQ pvp was fun, we wouldnt play it. I doubt anyone beside a small fraction of poopsockers would complain about the server having quite a bit more of pvp action and interest generated. Its also more friendly to the new people rolling to the server, as if they get demolished by twinks, at least they dont have the added demotivation of losing PVE grind, on top of the frustration of not being able to attempt guerilla fighting the twink and get better at the game.

Who the hell has the time to say, have 3 alts on the side for fun and a main. The only way you can do this, is by almost completely forgetting about pvp on your 3 alts, unless you want progress to slow to a crawl on your main. So it basically transforms the server into a PVE server for your alts, unless you have absurd amount of time to devote to grind xp back for pvp on 4 different characters. Alts to me are important for not burning yourself off the game. The way its working now, its just more burn, not a nice change of pace from the grind of my main. You could "enjoy the journey" on your alts have them stop for a while at level 16, 24, whatever just to pvp (if the numbers pick up, people get interested in playing alts again besides getting PLd the fuck out)

Of course im sure lots of Nihilum must read this and not want this to happen, because it would mean they would actually have to pvp quite a bit to be able to claim some PVE targets (IE, earning them) instead of nobody challenging them because of their numbers.

Again, it could be any zerg down the road, not necessarily Nihilum.

You wanna talk about no purpose? Theres no purpose, xp loss in pvp is only making the server more boring and helps zergs own zones without contest/ helps griefing naked noobs starting out and bleeding out potential long term players of the server.

At this point im not even talking to Sirken, just trying to make a case for xp loss to be either removed (with low bars penalty) or heavily lessened for all the reasons ive just layed out.

Labanen
03-25-2013, 06:57 AM
a guild that closes recruitment dies... it can happen fast or slowly, but its a given. So cant really give in on that one.

I think you re right though, that there is no leader types on the other side of the fence right now. From the outside looking in, it looks like noone really did that since Samwise built VV. But should we then stop playing the game untill one emerges ?

Labanen
03-25-2013, 07:00 AM
If the penalty is heavily lessened (say, if you only lost your health bars and had to med for a while instead of losing xp, thats still a penalty for dying, so is running back to get your body) it leaves the possibility for smaller guilds to attempt to guerilla contest for some fun times.

Of course im sure lots of Nihilum must read this and not want this to happen, because it would mean they would actually have to pvp quite a bit to be able to claim some PVE targets (IE, earning them) instead of nobody challenging them because of their numbers.
Fuck, i would love that. We always hope Azrael will bring the fight when we see they have 20 + online. they never do, and i guess i can understand it as an unressable pvp death at 60 costs like a blue bub each time.

Jenni D
03-25-2013, 07:37 AM
Come on ruban dont play dumb - u a smart cat n cool to boot.
Nihi dont have to close recruitment forever. just pause and let the competition grow some. of course, if your leaders want competition.

Either way, nihi's open recruitment is just a minor issue. Real issue is no organisation or leader on the other team. or patience within the ranks

Tradesonred
03-25-2013, 07:39 AM
Item loss would have been great, but we are past that now. So im suggesting to have an optional mode added in: A voluntary flag for item loot.

How it would work is you flag yourself for item loot at an NPC (Priest of Discord?). You can now loot people who also flagged themselves for item loot. You would have to "KS" that person, IE make more dmg to player than other non-flagged players so that its harder to exploit. You could only flag yourself on-off every week or so. The only way to figure out if someone is flagged for item loot would be to kill them and try to loot.

This is a completely separate idea from the appeal to cutting xp loss, i think it would have a nice layer of pvp stimulation on top of the already stimulated pvp scene (because xp loss has been cut) and would be voluntary.

It would create an economy for low level items, making it more fun for newbs camping lowish end items as they are leveling up as people would actually buy those items to fuck around on item loot characters.

Feel free to critique this idea, im sure theres holes in it i havent seen, but please dont mix em up with my xp loss plea, they are 2 completely different suggestions, although they would complement themselves.

Tradesonred
03-25-2013, 08:00 AM
After all that, you put some events in like the halloween event of 2001 once in a while, with open ended/sandboxy pvp magnets with similar nodrop gear drops (you can look up the stats im sure somewhere?) as cherry on top, and this would make the server thrive big time, i think.

Just like that event you guys organized in Blackburrow, that was pretty cool.