PDA

View Full Version : New player with UI question

Sippin
11-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Hello.

Followed the installation instructions to the letter on a Vista-64 system with a big widescreen monitor and it went very smoothly. Up and playing my halfling druid in 20 minutes, including the time to install Titanium from 5 CD's... (talk about nostalgia, lol).

Ran into only these minor problems:

1. No music. I followed instruction and, duh, my sound is on. I hear environment sounds but no combat music or any other music.

2. Windows are all plain transparent boxes... I seem to remember the original windows had scrollwork or the like. Or am I remembering wrongly?

3. I suspect something's maybe wrong with windows because the vertical spellbar has the slots for 8 spells but they're aligned too far to the right. The spells work and all, but the slots should be centered, not right-aligned.

I did download and install Japino's Velious UI because one thing I didn't like originally was the UI.

Any suggestions?

stormlord
11-20-2009, 12:38 AM
The velious UI is transparent, but the shape of the controls is similar to velious. I don't actually remember the velious UI, it has been so long! I did compare the titanium UI to the velious UI. For example, instead of the long/narrow hotbars, you have the squarish hotbar. All of the windows have a special texture as well. In the velious UI you what I do is color hte background a dark shade.

Not sure why you don't get music. Did you double check your options? Maybe you could try going through the walkthrough again to find out whether or not you missed something.

Are you sure the sound issue is not related to your drivers? I hope you fix it!

And the spellbar... it has the spell icons on the right side of the spell window for me.

Sippin
11-20-2009, 07:32 AM
The music fixed itself. Love to hear that great original sound! Re UI I went back to the classic. Works perfectly!

Couple of minor anachronisms: AA tab on inventory window and spellsets? Spellsets are very useful but I don't recall them in the original EQ. Not complaining... some things are too convenient to lose! ;)