PDA

View Full Version : So I just got my new DOT :(

Tiltjag
04-03-2013, 08:45 AM
I just hit 53 last night and got Winged Death, but it only does 110/tick(wiki got my hopes up) for 300 mana as opposed to Breath of Ro which is 103/tick for 225. As an evo specced Druid, besides mobs where I would need to stack them is there any other reason to use this?

Tecmos Deception
04-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Your magic dots have a large resist modifier that your fire dots don't?

Gylen
04-03-2013, 12:12 PM
As Tecmos said, apart from the large resist modifier, because you're evocation spec'ed and Winged Death is conjuration.... Breath of Ro will simply be better.

Even without being evocation spec'ed, you pay a higher mana cost for the resist modifier for your swarm DOT line.

Handull
04-06-2013, 02:44 AM
ro is for exping, its your most efficient mana/dmg dot (aside from the clickie arms). wingded death stacks with every other magic dot, so it allows you to stack up to 3 dots at once (4 when you count epic). this lets you dps hard when you need to pack a punch. as was said, ro gets resisted easily. not just during raid content, but i found exping in KC that the bezerker would resist ro more than i liked. one last use for winged death is that it doesn't need a fire beetle eye. so when you die out in the world and zone in to KC, hit track, and notice a named up you want to snipe, now you can harmony to it and root/dot it down with 110+68(?)/tic, rather than just being stuck with drifting death or nukes.