PDA

View Full Version : How does RFS compare to other weapons at 60?

Sinlea
04-12-2013, 04:07 PM
I guess "other" weapons would include epic fist/stave of shielding, tranquil staff, peacebringer, IFS, sky fists, etc.

I'm terrible with parsers and just wondering ;)

quido
04-12-2013, 04:20 PM
How can one be terrible with parsers?

username17
04-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Perhaps the monk doesn't have the budget to buy each weapon and test it out.

I'd be willing to bet this has already been discussed though.
Maybe search the forums Sinlea?

Sinlea
04-12-2013, 09:22 PM
I have the budget I'm just not that concerned with it. I've used like 2 parsers before and I just remember them being very buggy and unreliable. And I did search the forum just didn't see anything regarding the RFS.

And I can be terrible with all kinds of things, sometimes I'm just a little bit slow :-p

quido
04-12-2013, 09:25 PM
GamParse has never given me any issues - you just gotta get your settings right

Sinlea
04-12-2013, 09:26 PM
I'll have to check it out.

Thulack
04-13-2013, 02:49 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61644&highlight=runed+fighters+staff

Should help alittle or atleast give you the idea. i found this by using the search feature and searching for Runed Fighters staff.

Cippofra
04-14-2013, 12:07 AM
I use gamparse and it is very simple to set up and surprisingly easy to read. Obviously have nothing to compare to, but the results seem to be very consistent which makes me think it is very accurate. After all, it's simply adding up info from your logs.

Splorf22
04-14-2013, 01:03 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=690963&#post690963

If C++ isn't your strong point (and while the code is very readable and well commented, the lack of lookup tables pains me greatly):

Originally, the damage bonus was the same for 1H and 2H (era 0. RFS: decent)

Then, Verant increased the damage bonus for 2H on the theory that they were slower (era 1. RFS: fantastic)

Finally Verant changed the 2HB bonus to be a function of weapon delay (era 2. RFS: back to how it was).

TL;DR: Get a tstaff

Silent
04-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Doing some parsing against a epic fist/SoS 60 human monk and a 53 iksar monk with Trance stick/whitened treant fists(fighting mainly 51-53 mobs so i have a high chance at low hits/misses etc). Said monk with Ench haste usually pulls about 70dps average, I have seen it go as high as about 110-120 on certain mobs with bard haste. While I sit around 40-45 and oddly enough around 50 with IFS(no epic, less geared). While this has nothing to do with the RFS dps, Rogues are crazy dps compared to monks always 100dps+ sometimes even when not backstabbing vs certain targets.

on that note, download gamparse. Go to options and lower every damage setting to 500 or 1000 that way it will track your dps. You can enable a live dps display that will overlap the screen as well as a completed fight info which is useful for tracking dps. Usually you want a good 200-300 kills AT LEAST with a steady set of either buffs or no buffs to get an idea of where you sit.

Tecmos Deception
04-16-2013, 07:52 AM
Silent's numbers are off compared to my experience.

I've never seen a 60 monk averaging 70 DPS on level 51+ mobs. Maybe in VP gear with avatar and dance of the blade and visions of grandeur. Maybe. 110+ is disc or RIDICULOUS luck.

Rogues are not "always 100dps+" on anything, especially if they aren't backstabbing.

I can't specifically comment on monks, since my only monk was only about 50 and that was quite a while ago, but a 60 rogue with max str, full haste, epic but no VP gear, no avatar/dance of the blade? That's probably AVERAGE of 80 DPS on xp mobs. Yep, just checked an old hate log - 80 dps over the course of the night probably with SoS/VoG all the time, but no avatar/dance/wolfform. I seem to recall my 50/51 monk (tstaff and CoF) being only 30-40 solo... so yeah, probably around 50 with buffs.

Chloroform
04-18-2013, 09:32 PM
My favorite way to parse is on Jugs. then u have someone pull them to u. Next step is to keep the same buffs consistent (no buffs easiest). NO FLYING KICKS, only strike from the back! very nice parse if u follow those simple stepps

Its all about consistency!

Silent
04-19-2013, 06:35 PM
That is just what I have observed Tecmos, Those DPS were not taken from short fights where one can burst their dps up over a few seconds before a mobs dead. This was scaled over hundred of kills in disco seb. I will re-do some parsing now that I am higher level, Will be difficult to parse those same rogues again and know what buffs they have unless im grouped with them. As far as your 51 tstaff monk/cof that sounds about right, I played with 2 seperate tstaff monks one 51 and another 53 and they averaged around the same in solb efreeti area. Though one had RBB and other basoon for haste. I'll see if I can get some logs up in the future for all to see.

edit - Just looking back at a couple boss mobs, ragefire, trakanon, talendor I see one rogue whos not even 57+ pulling 79 dps scaled 72 dps on ragefire alone(lvl 53 mob iirc?) Lasting about 182 seconds entire fight. I sat at 39dps, iirc I took 2 fears though due to bard song not hitting me. He has just over twice my damage done to ragefire and 79 hits(me) vs 251 hits of his while i was using an IFS.

Chloroform
04-19-2013, 11:14 PM
accurate parses are not simple. but you can make it simple.

Juggs
`DONT PULL
`Hit from the BACK
`no buffs (epic click accpetable)
```NO FLYING KICKS```

kill like 20 jugs for each weapon. Flying kicks will fuck ur parse up!

Silent
04-20-2013, 04:15 AM
Easier said then done, Guessing your on blue? Not so easy on red, Especially just to test dps.

Chloroform
04-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Easier said then done, Guessing your on blue? Not so easy on red, Especially just to test dps.

im extremely blue. if u need help i can do it again i lost my records / piece of coffee stained paper.

Peekae
04-20-2013, 07:28 PM
im extremely blue. if u need help i can do it again i lost my records / piece of coffee stained paper.

Knowing you its smoke stained paper huehue