PDA

View Full Version : Shaman and AC

Norathorr
04-14-2013, 07:17 AM
I was looking over shaman gear and I have been trying to get wisdom up. If I am duoing with a monk and likely to take a hit or two casting debuffs or when soloing, how much does AC play into what we do, and how much should we be willing to sacrifice wisdom for it. Looking at the Jaundiced bone armor is there any point to having any of it apart from the pants bp (not gonna see those any time soon) or a single bracer (again a lil out of my price range:p). Say for the gloves boots hat etc, are there any point in getting these over a lower ac plus couple of wisdom armor piece?

Swish
04-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Yeah AC and stamina are both helpful for shammies, particularly for soloing. Don't neglect your wisdom completely but you want to be fairly tanky. My cleric enjoys some good AC with plate armor and I have to say I'm not as fragile as I think I should be :p

Anyway, perhaps their finest hour comes in Velious when they aspire to tank teh turtle (Lodi) and to do it they'll need HP/STA and AC (with torpor etc) to pull it off.

Norathorr
04-14-2013, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the advice swish. Is it better in groups when you are slower and healer to have more mana and better when soloing to be more chunky. I normally duo with a monk friend so in that circumstance would it be better to be a bit more mana heavy? Especially as its two levels to go to get cani too!

Swish
04-14-2013, 10:52 PM
Yeah you'll be slowing/hasting/etc so it makes sense to get all your wis gear on (having a tanky set of armor and a wis set can't hurt right? :P).

The canni trick will help your mana regen whatever you're wearing. You might already know this so apologies for repeating, but just in case...

When sat, watch for your mana to tick, then canni and sit again before the next tick... wait for mana to tick, and canni again, and sit. Doing that will help your mana a ton compared with just spamming canni without sitting :)

liveitup1216
04-15-2013, 01:26 AM
Make a hotkey for Canni

/cast 1 (or whatever slot canni is in)
/wait 18 (or /pause i forget which command it is, also 10=1 second so with good latency you can be sitting at like 14 or 15 even though canni cast is like 1.6, play with it until the sit works the moment your canni cast ends)
/sit

im pretty sure casting will auto stand you, if not add a /stand line before /cast

now you have a one touch canni that sits you immediately afterwards to use bewteen med ticks

DOPE
04-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Make a hotkey for Canni

/cast 1 (or whatever slot canni is in)
/wait 18 (or /pause i forget which command it is, also 10=1 second so with good latency you can be sitting at like 14 or 15 even though canni cast is like 1.6, play with it until the sit works the moment your canni cast ends)
/sit

im pretty sure casting will auto stand you, if not add a /stand line before /cast

now you have a one touch canni that sits you immediately afterwards to use bewteen med ticks

I've found that early on it's better to just do it manually as fizzles can be a pain in the ass.

SirAlvarex
04-19-2013, 12:53 AM
I've found that early on it's better to just do it manually as fizzles can be a pain in the ass.

What I did to combat that was:
/cast 1
/wait 2
/cast 1
/wait 18
/sit

Atleast it fixes the problem when Cani only fizzles the first time.