PDA

View Full Version : So when did everyone make 100 alts to camp every raid target at once?

Sinlea
04-15-2013, 12:53 PM
I've been gone quite a while and I didn't expect to come back to this. This isn't even the same game anymore, with batphones, people being able to buy as many alts as they want and then camp them at every target...

There's so much drama and rage and bragging and flaming and for what? Because some people can drop everything and log in faster than others, or some people have too much free time and can level 10 alts or camp enough cash to buy them?

It's stupid and I can't be the only one WTFing over this.

How about we have some REAL competition and raiding guilds only raid with one character (or SOMETHING, limit #s, I dunno), because honestly, you all look like idiots bragging over who got what when there's really no competition or skill involved whatsoever. I for one am not going to bother leveling 15 different characters for this crap, it's stupid and I have better things to do with my time.
:cool:

I have no idea what kind of practical solution there is to this, but it's lame.

TL;DR: Raid scene is retarded.

PS: Don't care about raiding or getting mobs (at least not in this environment) superlol

quido
04-15-2013, 12:57 PM
take a hike then, bub

you and yours are to blame

Stinkum
04-15-2013, 01:05 PM
Jeremy Irons The Mystic - 60 Shaman
Bruce Lee - 60 Monk
Redonk Ulysses - 60 Bard
Beavis Christ - 52 Cleric
Skippy - Bard

One day you will look back and cringe at how immersed you are in P99.

And I know you have like 15 other characters that you're not listing in the sig.

Swish
04-15-2013, 01:13 PM
It was funny, the account I sold with Swish on it a couple of years ago. The new owner saw that I'd made an alt called "Swishh" but hadn't caught on that it wasn't the same character and accused me of hacking the account back, but in a really "oh well, never mind" type way.

Clearly those buying the accounts have amassed platinum beyond a lot of casual players wildest dreams. Good for them, if they've got the time...most people who don't have hours to play every day most probably wish they could devote more time to playing :)

What I don't like, as a high end cleric, is seeing epic MQs available for big plat... the bottleneck for cleric epics has always been an issue but it really shouldn't be these days, if not for the fact that the MQs make a fortune and there's a market out there for people to just have a L20 cleric with their epic finished.

Ban MQs? It would stop the lazy throwing plat at the guilds who then buy all these accounts up.

It must be said though, I've sold an account and am therefore a part of the problem as much as anyone else who has :)

Vexenu
04-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Yes, it's retarded and completely un-classic.

The only way to get rid of it at this point would be to pre-announce raid mob spawn times (at least 1 hour out) and enable PvP in raid zones until the target mob has been killed.

Totally un-classic, but an un-classic problem requires an un-classic solution, and this would be the simplest and allow the most competition between guilds.

skipdog
04-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Meh, everyone has known what the rules are for raiding and the kind of mobilization and organization that it takes to be the best and for quite awhile. It wouldn't matter if alts were allowed or not(and it's a silly notion to complain about people having alts imho), the top guilds would still be the top guilds.

Seems far too late to want to change anything too major about the raid scene imho. Anybody who wanted to leave for a server that worked differently, should've left at this point. Believe it or not, there are lots of people who actually like the competition that mobilization and the mechanics on this server bring.

Honestly, don't pay too much attention to RnF. It's just fun for a lot of people to exchange verbal blows in the spirit of keeping the hate strong and the competition fierce. Without the hate and competition, I can only imagine that TMO wouldn't be enjoying dominating a server repop as much as they did some months ago when it was expected. I can also only imagine that many FE members have never felt as much joy in EQ as they have training TMO in VP(even if just slowing them down) and getting those trak kills over TMO.

Cars
04-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Yes, it's retarded and completely un-classic.

The only way to get rid of it at this point would be to pre-announce raid mob spawn times (at least 1 hour out) and enable PvP in raid zones until the target mob has been killed.

Totally un-classic, but an un-classic problem requires an un-classic solution, and this would be the simplest and allow the most competition between guilds.

You sir, are on the wrong server.

eqravenprince
04-15-2013, 01:31 PM
Have the raid targets spawn in different zones and different locations. Want to make it even more challenging, make them untrackable, invisible, can zone, and port.

Gadwen
04-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Have the raid targets spawn in different zones and different locations. Want to make it even more challenging, make them untrackable, invisible, can zone, and port.

This is a great idea.

Bidoof
04-15-2013, 01:50 PM

And on different servers.

"I found Trak! He's in CB on Hidden Forest!"

Sinlea
04-15-2013, 01:54 PM
This is a great idea.

The different zone thing would be really funny as an event or something like that. I'd like to see CT stomping around Rivervale and murdering halflings, personally.

Zade
04-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Come over to the red side, young Jedi.

Kill them poopsockers. Steal their camp. Grief their alts. Blood. Death. Sand.

damn, star wars AND a spartacus reference? I went there.

Sinlea
04-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Then I'll be bombarded with cyber requests from Karsten! But seriously, I probably suck at PVP.

Lazortag
04-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Here are some novel solutions that no one has ever thought of:
-enable pvp
-enforce rotations
-disable the variance
-make the variance even longer
-allow training
-start a new server
-just ban everyone
/thread

Sirken
04-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Then I'll be bombarded with cyber requests from Karsten!
this is the only reason i log in

:D

Sinlea
04-15-2013, 02:12 PM
Here are some novel solutions that no one has ever thought of:
-enable pvp
-enforce rotations
-disable the variance
-make the variance even longer
-allow training
-start a new server
-just ban everyone
/thread

We could do what that other guy said in some other thread and take away ports and binds and everything else that makes EQ EQ :-P

feanan
04-15-2013, 02:31 PM
This is what happens when you allow account sales. Much easier to just buy characters than to bother pl'ing them.

A level 60 alt at ever spawn! Mobilization means how fast can you switch characters.

GM's seem to have something in the works to stop account sales, but like most things here, it will be too little, too late.

Cars
04-15-2013, 02:33 PM
This is what happens when you allow account sales. Much easier to just buy characters than to bother pl'ing them.

A level 60 alt at ever spawn! Mobilization means how fast can you switch characters.

GM's seem to have something in the works to stop account sales, but like most things here, it will be too little, too late.

Yes because it's already too late.

Stinkum
04-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Account sales is the root of most evils.

What stopped me from being a dick in game on live? The fact that it took me so long to level my character and I couldn't just re-roll on a whim.

quido
04-15-2013, 02:57 PM
One day you will look back and cringe at how immersed you are in P99.

And I know you have like 15 other characters that you're not listing in the sig.

This is the one MMO I've ever played, so you'll have to forgive me for doing it big while I'm here!

How many games you played?

Trojanman
04-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Lets do a server wipe so people learn not to take this all so seriously. Would probably benefit the health of a lot of these people to go outside.

Swish
04-15-2013, 03:01 PM
What stopped me from being a dick in game on live? The fact that it took me so long to level my character and I couldn't just re-roll on a whim.

Definitely this ^^

The fact that it's free to play, that you can reroll with another free account and sell your old one with its terrible reputation (or buy another ready made account for similar plat) promotes bad behaviour.

Reputation really was a thing on live. With RnF and stuff here its almost encouraged to be a bad guy...be immortalised in a thread with your name on it. Infamy is much sought after it seems. I don't get it, too much of playing Fable.

quido
04-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Some of us choose to stand by our terrible reputations! =)

Stinkum
04-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Definitely this ^^

The fact that it's free to play, that you can reroll with another free account and sell your old one with its terrible reputation (or buy another ready made account for similar plat) promotes bad behaviour.

Reputation really was a thing on live. With RnF and stuff here its almost encouraged to be a bad guy...be immortalised in a thread with your name on it. Infamy is much sought after it seems. I don't get it, too much of playing Fable.

Another thing is that I relied on groups exclusively in order to advance my character (get XP) on live. I knew that if I wanted to not stay LFG for hours then I better be good at my class role in the group and have a decent rep. Not only is rep irrelevant here, but there are more Fungi Tunics than actual players on the server. Fungi Tunic was completely unheard of on live.. Whenever I saw someone wearing one it was jaw dropping.

Here 80% of people are wearing them and soloing to 60. And most don't know shit about how to play their class.

Swish
04-15-2013, 03:11 PM
It was a while ago now but I do remember a well geared SK in his 50s asking what the command was to get up from FD... just sad :D

Unidus
04-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Their are a lot of things about this server that gets on my nerves. I have no idea why they allow account selling which wasn't classic or allowed in 1999 but they ban dual boxing which was allowed and classic. Would be nice to be able to duo level some alt characters and avoid having to group with morons who bought their characters and have no idea what the heck they are doing. The high amount of soloers with epics and fungis makes finding or forming a group hard at times.

The raiding on this server makes me puke at how train infested, multi-account camped, emo drama fest it is. Most of the top guilds would be disbanded or banned from the server if they tried half the crap they do here on a live server.

I would be all for some sort of server revert to Kunark release or a new blue server without account selling and with 2 boxing. This would get rid of all the epic wielding fungi wearing twinks and even the playing field again. If you want to have multiple 60s to camp raid bosses then level them from 50-60 your self. Now without your fungis and epics you will have to group more often.

feanan
04-15-2013, 03:55 PM
It doesn't help that the GM's have unbanned characters that have gotten banned if you tell them it happened "before you bought the account"

Too lazy to search for the threads

Swish
04-15-2013, 03:56 PM
2-boxing lol. Pick any other server on the EQemu list that isn't P99 and enjoy your boxing there. Else there's a new server recently launched that caters for such things.

If there was a new server (no point, the existing population isn't high enough) then I'd want account sales banned, no boxing and no MQs. Fun would be allowed, in small measures.

eqravenprince
04-15-2013, 04:19 PM
If classic EQ had instancing, that would have solved a lot of problems.

Faerie Blossom
04-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Account selling is a serious problem that has affected both servers in negative ways, but even if it were not allowed it would still happen some and blue would still be in the terrible place it is. The real solution is, and always has been, pvp. If the majority of players on blue don't like their endgame, I really am confused as to why so few of them have come to red.

Raavak
04-15-2013, 05:09 PM
I think it's being blown out of proportion. On Live you would occasionally get someone in a pick up group that didn't know their class. Or was really lame (I remember a monk puller on Live not returning after several minutes, so I went out and found them fd and afk in an empty hall). I think you could E-bay characters early on in Live? I dunno, anyway, if someone sucks, leave the group, or if everyone else agrees tell them to beat it. Most of us are older now with more responsibilities and have less time to waste on deadweight.

Swish
04-15-2013, 05:16 PM
I think you could E-bay characters early on in Live?

Yes you could, and plat sales were a regular feature as well. I can't remember who I sold my Live account to but it was after the banhammer on eBay got dropped, had to do it through a third party site.

Thulack
04-15-2013, 05:35 PM
All i'm saying is when account trading gets banned inflation will be huge. People thought it was bad over the last month or 2. What does everyone think people are gonna do with their plat they have from not buying accounts? Buy all the twink gear they can for all the toons they want to level up and then pay people to PL them. Any zone with good XP is gonna be gone for casual players to use. Personally i buy/sell accounts because its easy to flip them and make a profit. To each their own.

myriverse
04-15-2013, 06:03 PM
You mean I get to sell my HQ Bear Skins for 2kpp? Cool!

Sinlea
04-15-2013, 06:08 PM
Another thing is that I relied on groups exclusively in order to advance my character (get XP) on live. I knew that if I wanted to not stay LFG for hours then I better be good at my class role in the group and have a decent rep. Not only is rep irrelevant here, but there are more Fungi Tunics than actual players on the server. Fungi Tunic was completely unheard of on live.. Whenever I saw someone wearing one it was jaw dropping.

I only played up until a few months into Luclin, but someone bought my Fungi tunic (on live, NOT here) for $500, and as a 13 or 14 year old or however old I was that was fucking awesome. Although I'm against RMT here and now because it's just lame. But yeah, if it had been as common as it is here, I would not have gotten that much money.

And the rep thing is an issue too. People that sucked or were douchebags on live were either driven off the server, had to start over, or just had a shitty time.

All i'm saying is when account trading gets banned inflation will be huge. People thought it was bad over the last month or 2. What does everyone think people are gonna do with their plat they have from not buying accounts? Buy all the twink gear they can for all the toons they want to level up and then pay people to PL them. Any zone with good XP is gonna be gone for casual players to use. Personally i buy/sell accounts because its easy to flip them and make a profit. To each their own.

I suck at math and this probably doesn't make sense anyhow, but couldn't they decrease everyone's plat by a certain percentage? I don't know if that works either because I guess some people are still going to be ridiculously rich compared to others.

Really wish there was some solution to this other than "RESET THE SERVER!", because it's not cool for those of us who've worked hard for our shit without cheating and buying accounts. Also, it would be a MASSIVE clusterfuck, there were not this many people here at the beginning of the server, picturing all of us leveling at once... ugh.

I think GM's should stop account trading/selling NOW while they figure shit out, because it's only going to get worse.

Bidoof
04-15-2013, 06:24 PM
I suck at math and this probably doesn't make sense anyhow, but couldn't they decrease everyone's plat by a certain percentage? I don't know if that works either because I guess some people are still going to be ridiculously rich compared to others.

Reducing everyone's platinum at the same time only makes it "easier" to keep track of money, but does nothing to combat inflation. I think of the example of Mexico's Nuevo Peso (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_peso#Second_peso), but its pretty much the same as when people say "85k" instead of "85,000". Its just lopping off zeros to make it easier for everyone counting.

Say we reduced everyone's plat by 90%, so if I had 10k, I now have 1k. I still have the same currency value, since 1k of the New Platinum would be worth 10k of the Old Platinum. Items would be listed in New Platinum prices, but that would correlate to Old Platinum values.

SirAlvarex
04-15-2013, 06:29 PM
Reducing everyone's platinum at the same time only makes it "easier" to keep track of money, but does nothing to combat inflation. I think of the example of Mexico's Nuevo Peso (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_peso#Second_peso), but its pretty much the same as when people say "85k" instead of "85,000". Its just lopping off zeros to make it easier for everyone counting.

Say we reduced everyone's plat by 90%, so if I had 10k, I now have 1k. I still have the same currency value, since 1k of the New Platinum would be worth 10k of the Old Platinum. Items would be listed in New Platinum prices, but that would correlate to Old Platinum values.

The only difference is that the platinum gained through normal means (farming gems) would stay consistent, thus giving platinum a "higher worth". So the influx of new plat stays the same, while the total current platinum levels have been lowered, thus making "new plat" effectively worth more.

With that said I do not support the artificial deflation of plat. Give plat sinks in the game for no longer dropped items. Hell, if you had a vendor that sold pre-nerf fungi staffs you'd probably see 2-5 million plat out of the economy within an hour...

Swish
04-15-2013, 06:36 PM

I see where you're going with it, but if a skeleton in Kurn's Tower still drops 2pp in coins...you'll find difficulty holding the value of that 1k.

Sinlea
04-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Give plat sinks in the game for no longer dropped items. Hell, if you had a vendor that sold pre-nerf fungi staffs you'd probably see 2-5 million plat out of the economy within an hour...

How is that different though? Everyone would have a pre-nerf fungi staff and then everyone would be leveling their alts and stuff with it. I say throw in some illusion items or novelty items that were added later on in the game, stuff that isn't around right now, so that people who have like, a troll or de guise, for example, still get to be somewhat unique because they won that contest or whatever. There's gotta be other stuff people would buy.

Can GMs "make" items that didn't already exist in the game? Like a potion that turns you into a little tiny CT or something for a day. Or like a Vah Shir illusion, I dunno, I'm just throwing out random stuff here.

Swish
04-15-2013, 06:38 PM
I forget who but someone suggested a custom title, or guises or something else in exchange for a massive chunk of plat....something like 250k or so.

I think it would work as a stopgap at least, drain some of the plat out of the economy. I wonder if there's 1 billion plat on the server as it stands?

Bidoof
04-15-2013, 06:39 PM
The only difference is that the platinum gained through normal means (farming gems) would stay consistent, thus giving platinum a "higher worth". So the influx of new plat stays the same, while the total current platinum levels have been lowered, thus making "new plat" effectively worth more..

My response was under the (sane) assumption that they would have to also reduce platinum creation. If you didn't reduce the rate of farmed platinum to coincide with the New Platinum created in people's inventories, you'd have a large array of mostly negative effects, including:

1) Extremely volatile markets before the shift as people try to unload their platinum reserves for investments that retain value (items), while people simultaneously refuse to sell in exchange for platinum.

2) Lack of trust in the economic system. The regulating body pretty much wiped out a percentage of your character's wealth, what would stop them from doing it again?

Even as a college dropout, I would see such a move as horrible, and doubt the GMs would do this.

Aaron
04-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Why are you communists talking about plat reduction?

stonez138
04-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Believe it or not, there are lots of people who actually like the competition that mobilization and the mechanics on this server bring.

If by lots of people you mean TMO then you are correct. If you think any other guilds like the raid scene in its current state, then you need to remove your head from your anus.

SirAlvarex
04-15-2013, 07:07 PM
How is that different though? Everyone would have a pre-nerf fungi staff and then everyone would be leveling their alts and stuff with it. I say throw in some illusion items or novelty items that were added later on in the game, stuff that isn't around right now, so that people who have like, a troll or de guise, for example, still get to be somewhat unique because they won that contest or whatever. There's gotta be other stuff people would buy.

Can GMs "make" items that didn't already exist in the game? Like a potion that turns you into a little tiny CT or something for a day. Or like a Vah Shir illusion, I dunno, I'm just throwing out random stuff here.

You're going to have twink items in the game no matter what. We already have hundreds of mana stones, and thousands of Fungi's in circulation.

There isn't anything you can do to prevent twinking, because it's hella fun to kick the ass of content that used to kick your ass. But instead you can concentrate on lowering prices by putting in plat sinks.

If you want to remove plat (deflate) an economy, you'll have to have something that'll entice them. 250k for a Title or a guise makes sense, but so does a million plat for a pre-nerf item. While there are plenty of rich people on the server, it's unlikely that there are more than a couple dozen with the plat to buy an item for 3million platinum. And if that item just so happens to be no-drop, you don't introduce said item back into circulation.

It's the solution that was used on live with the Shadowhaven casino, so it's actually classic (although it came an expansion pack later than this server). And I would think atleast it wouldn't be too hard to implement. Just take a bunch of pre-nerf/removed items, duplicate them in the database but with the no-drop flag, and stick them on a new NPC (in EC-Tunnel?) on Beta-Netrual faction with the given prices.

In old GM events I saw Uthgaard create merchants like this on the fly, so if it was the chosen solution it'd have the least amount of overhead and the greatest amount of support. Atleast of the comprised solutions.

Swish
04-15-2013, 07:21 PM
It can even be more trivial stuff but people do hate the mention of custom content.

1kpp for a 5 charge pot of werewolf/gnoll/orc/goblin form?

...not hard to think stuff up. People dig that kind of thing, but is it going too small in terms of plat draining? :p

SirAlvarex
04-15-2013, 07:28 PM
It can even be more trivial stuff but people do hate the mention of custom content.

1kpp for a 5 charge pot of werewolf/gnoll/orc/goblin form?

...not hard to think stuff up. People dig that kind of thing, but is it going too small in terms of plat draining? :p

Going small AND big would be a great solution, if one were to be considered. Some things, such as faction-changing potions (illusinos) would probably be too overpowered, so there would have to be some thought put into it. Too many "special" items and you start going to far away from the original vision of the server, especially if they allow you to do unclassic things.

But a potion that doesn't alter faction and dissappears on zone, much like the mass-illusions some guides like to cast in EC, probably wouldn't be that overpowered.

Honestly? If you put all the buyable "expendable" items that are available across various cities onto a merchant in EC tunnel, you'd see a decent plat sink.

Nihilist_santa
04-15-2013, 07:32 PM
I introduced the idea in another thread but how about race/gender changes? already 2nd and 3rd hand toons floating around why not get a new look with that toon :P. This could be the 250k+ kind of things that would be popular and suck up plat.

Nihilist_santa
04-15-2013, 07:34 PM
Another way of looking at it. Any change that is long term to a character , name/title, race/gender etc would be the uber expensive stuff and items with charges or limits would be priced at a power/rarity level that would not hurt the server.

With name changes and such you can start to force the reputation stuff on people and then they have to adopt new names etc and this eventually forces the plat out of the economy and discourages account selling/swapping accept for the super wealthy.

Just some thoughts on the issues, I love the server but am not raiding level but don't want to see a bad economy ruin the game.

Tiggles
04-15-2013, 07:37 PM
Didnt read casual complain thread #454

But my opinion is we should drive all you casual baddies into the sea.

would rather have a server with two raid guilds racing mobs then to have to deal with these 2013 joined accounts complain that they can't afford fungis so no one should have fungis.

SirAlvarex
04-15-2013, 07:41 PM

would rather have a server with two raid guilds racing mobs then to have to deal with these 2013 joined accounts complain that they can't afford fungis so no one should have fungis.

It's the new "Get rid of Variance!" meme. No matter what we say, nothing will change. But it keeps us occupied to complain about it.

Alarti0001
04-15-2013, 07:44 PM
take a hike then, bub

you and yours are to blame

Eh, partly although I think Velious being years late which allows people to level so many characters might be to blame also.

Thatguy05
04-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Kunark has been out for over 2 years with no velious. What did you honestly expect to see end game besides a clusterfuck of level 60's all wanting a piece of the shortcake.

SirAlvarex
04-15-2013, 07:53 PM
The economy kinda sidetracked the original discussion...

The parking of multiple characters could really only be enforced by the guilds doing the parking. Getting rid of account sales would help stem it sure, but people would still level alts. And there's nothing wrong with that, even if they do the "dreaded twink". I mean what else are people supposed to do with static content for 3+ years? People want to play the game, and a lot of times that includes making alts.

It's a problem that just "is". Some view it as a competitive edge, while others would put it as a "performance enhancing drug." Personally I find it more exciting to use my actual character to do fights, but to each their own.

Aaron
04-15-2013, 08:12 PM

*looks at your join date*

Gtfo noob.

webrunner5
04-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Why in the hell is there so many hate threads lately?? If you don't like the way this server is or how it is run leave the damn thing. Start up your own, or just quit playing EQ. Christ, what a bunch of cry baby bastards. Goddamn, life is hard enough without having a bunch of piss and moaning turds. Get a freaking life. :mad::mad:

Doors
04-15-2013, 09:00 PM
On a server like this an enforced rotation is the only solution. Red99 has a smaller population but a better raid scene because pvp solves most of the problems.

Sinlea
04-15-2013, 09:09 PM
Why in the hell is there so many hate threads lately?? If you don't like the way this server is or how it is run leave the damn thing. Start up your own, or just quit playing EQ. Christ, what a bunch of cry baby bastards. Goddamn, life is hard enough without having a bunch of piss and moaning turds. Get a freaking life. :mad::mad:

It's not a hate thread, it was to get a conversation going on the current state of the server. I guess instead of trying to improve things you just walk away from them. Pretty lame if you ask me.

HeallunRumblebelly
04-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Server's been corrupt since Eashan bought Rogean. Server raiding has been fucked since variance (and to a lesser extent first 15 rule). FTE with no variance, obvious solution.

edit: Vittra, the reason you saw those prices was due to fungi drop rate being nerfed (from about 75% to 15%) in late velious? I believe. After the old ones started rotting on alts, new fungus tunics became rarer.

Wonton
04-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Server's been corrupt since Eashan bought Rogean.

ROOOOOFL

HeallunRumblebelly
04-15-2013, 09:33 PM
ROOOOOFL

Probably before that, too, but that's the first I have confirmed anyway.

Also, wonton, when's the last time you played? Last time I played with you you were looting a bladestorm :P

Wonton
04-15-2013, 09:41 PM
I quit when I heard Oly wasn't gay for me

Fountree
04-15-2013, 10:26 PM
EQ is an evolving game - needs new content to spread players/plat out. The timeline is stretched so these are the side effects.

HeallunRumblebelly
04-15-2013, 11:38 PM

Karsten throwing enough dick for errybody. You just can't compete with that.

enr4ged
04-16-2013, 02:57 AM
Okay, none of these ideas are classic, so they wouldn't be implemented... and I doubt any of it would work.

Maybe make the high priority targets spawn more often (every 2-3 days) and then "lock" players of the mobs who were already present during a kill for 5 days or whatever. Guilds would then have to take turns otherwise they would run the risk of locking themselves out and not getting loot. Kind of like a non-instanced dungeon but "instanced" kills. You still get that randomness feeling of EQ raids but the sharing of targets happens instead of the camping 24/7.

Win win situation, more guilds get a shot at the mobs and tmo/fe dont have to spend their whole lives on the game.

It wouldn't even be that hard to code. The devs are just too afraid to make changes to the situation or something.

Live servers would have been the same way if new expansions weren't being released every year. Eventually everyone would have multiple alts and nothing to do but camp the same mobs over and over until they got their new alts gear.

And I also agree that account selling/trading should be illegal. Why is it even allowed? They should take responsibility for their server and comment on some of shady stuff that they allow.

dmann253
04-16-2013, 04:15 AM
There's only 1 reason for the state of the game and it is simple. The GM's are getting a piece of the action. As a member of a long term guild that spans many games, it is without a doubt that the owners of this server are making money from RMT. From words of my own members, they are without a doubt that Roegan etc. are cashing in. To think anything otherwise is naïve, honestly. I'm sure I'll be banned for such a stance. But, believe me when I tell you people it is the truth. I've spent 12 years leading guilds and from that have many friends shady or otherwise. THE GM'S ARE MAKING MONEY, period. Why stop the money train.

rsloans84
04-16-2013, 06:12 AM
gm bashing is illegial my ears cant handle it..

webrunner5
04-16-2013, 06:26 AM
It's not a hate thread, it was to get a conversation going on the current state of the server. I guess instead of trying to improve things you just walk away from them. Pretty lame if you ask me.

Like I said just leave if you don't like it. You think Nilbog is going to change the way the server is run just for you? Its his sandbox, so like it or quit. If anything he has made it harder and harder as a game with every patch. So you want easy mode now? People pissing about raiding just join TMO or FE. How hard is that.

Faerie Blossom
04-16-2013, 06:37 AM
Being the first to hit a raid NPC isn't hard, just tedious.

Samoht
04-16-2013, 08:06 AM
First you said:

none of these ideas are classic, so they wouldn't be implemented.

Then you said:

make the high priority targets spawn more often (every 2-3 days) and then "lock" players of the mobs who were already present during a kill for 5 days

Wow.

Sinlea
04-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Like I said just leave if you don't like it. You think Nilbog is going to change the way the server is run just for you? Its his sandbox, so like it or quit. If anything he has made it harder and harder as a game with every patch. So you want easy mode now? People pissing about raiding just join TMO or FE. How hard is that.

It's not just me, and no, I don't expect anything to change. I am not bitching about "easy mode" (honestly don't really care about raiding, I play more for the social aspect, especially now), im saying that there's no real competition and the alt poopsocking extravaganza eliminates the fun of racing to mobilize and having to work with whatever number you had on like on live. There were no 50 people ready to log on at a moments notice. Obviously smartphones, twitter, etc weren't around then, so this tactic wouldn't really work.

At this point I'm not even complaining anymore, just explaining my view on things since you seem to think I'm just some newb whining for "easy mode". It's a game I'll probably just get sick of again in a month anyhow. Can still make an observation though. Who knows, if enough people are unhappy with the same thing things could possibly change but I'm not crossing my fingers.

Kieu
04-16-2013, 10:25 AM
There's only 1 reason for the state of the game and it is simple. The GM's are getting a piece of the action. As a member of a long term guild that spans many games, it is without a doubt that the owners of this server are making money from RMT. From words of my own members, they are without a doubt that Roegan etc. are cashing in. To think anything otherwise is naïve, honestly. I'm sure I'll be banned for such a stance. But, believe me when I tell you people it is the truth. I've spent 12 years leading guilds and from that have many friends shady or otherwise. THE GM'S ARE MAKING MONEY, period. Why stop the money train.

Wash that dirty mouth out before you get in trouble.

Stinkum
04-16-2013, 12:02 PM

Settle down and take your meds, gramps.

nilbog
04-16-2013, 12:58 PM

You're an idiot. If we wanted to make items or platinum, why the fuck would we go through the trouble of having people raid to obtain them. I can make infinite amounts of platinum.. out of thin air. It sounds like you have absolutely no imagination. Like, why would people dedicate their free time volunteering, for nothing. You can't understand that I guess, so you can get the fuck out.

47shadesofgay
04-16-2013, 01:13 PM
You're an idiot. If we wanted to make items or platinum, why the fuck would we go through the trouble of having people raid to obtain them. I can make infinite amounts of platinum.. out of thin air. It sounds like you have absolutely no imagination. Like, why would people dedicate their free time volunteering, for nothing. You can't understand that I guess, so you can get the fuck out.

Uhh.. not sure what this was supposed to indicate given the post you were replying to.. but.. ya. :P

Alarti0001
04-16-2013, 01:14 PM

This was always the foil of the conspiracy idiots.

Kieu
04-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Uhh.. not sure what this was supposed to indicate given the post you were replying to.. but.. ya. :P

Indicating that people do things for more than money.

Lazortag
04-16-2013, 01:22 PM

Actually you can't make infinite amounts of platinum, you can only make arbitrarily large amounts of platinum.

47shadesofgay
04-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Actually you can't make infinite amounts of platinum, you can only make arbitrarily large amounts of platinum.

Why do you think this?

falkun
04-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Why do you think this?

You don't have a background in math, do you? Good troll Giegue, good troll.

Hasbinbad
04-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Why do you think this?
Because he is right.

Hasbinbad
04-16-2013, 01:27 PM
He was only ever gay for me.

Helnam, on the other hand..

nilbog
04-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Indicating that people do things for more than money.

Righto.

You are correct. I would have to define an amount and that amount may not be infinite.

Long story short: I am sided with the npcs, and I hope they kill everyone.

Hasbinbad
04-16-2013, 01:30 PM

47shadesofgay
04-16-2013, 01:31 PM
You don't have a background in math, do you? Good troll Giegue, good troll.

Nope.. but I'm still confused. I mean I know an infinite is unobtainable, but there is nothing to say that Nilbog can't continuilly generate platinum until the end of time using a sql loop.

If we're saying he can't insert a ∞ into the database that is incorrect. If we're saying he can't theoretically create a never ending loop that does nothing but create platinum that is incorrect.

If we're instead saying that he can't "create an infinite" well that's only logical since they cannot be obtained/proven to exist. So.. I'm confused.

47shadesofgay
04-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Righto.

You are correct. I would have to define an amount and that amount may not be infinite.

But you could continously generate said amount, or you could change the table column from an int (presumably) to a varchar and just insert the symbol for infinity.

There are a lot of things you could do!

enr4ged
04-16-2013, 03:42 PM
First you said:

Then you said:

Wow.

Wow, I said that cause I was listing a non classic idea... Reading comprehension, learn some.

Splorf22
04-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Personally I don't find this kind of quibbling over the precise definition of infinity to be very interesting, but if we are going to nitpick Nilbog can't even generate arbitrarily large amounts of platinum because he is limited by the memory/disk size of the machine.

falkun
04-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Personally I don't find this kind of quibbling over the precise definition of infinity to be very interesting, but if we are going to nitpick Nilbog can't even generate arbitrarily large amounts of platinum because he is limited by the memory/disk size of the machine.

He's more limited by the data type (number of bits) for the platinum field (and gold/silver/bronze if you want to get technical) than he is by the memory/disk size. As long as you have memory to spare, you can dynamically assign bits to specific fields, but if you can only utilize a maximum number of bits, you can never have values higher than that artificial maximum. In this day and age, you almost always have memory to spare.

Splorf22
04-16-2013, 03:56 PM
He's more limited by the data type (number of bits) for the platinum field (and gold/silver/bronze if you want to get technical) than he is by the memory/disk size. As long as you have memory to spare, you can dynamically assign bits to specific fields, but if you can only utilize a maximum number of bits, you can never have values higher than that artificial maximum. In this day and age, you almost always have memory to spare.

Ah, but he can create multiple accounts!

Splorf22
04-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Also I had a random idea for account swapping: what if we logged the IP address that every account had logged into. You can only change the password on the emu if the IP address has not changed for at least a month.

Zeelot
04-16-2013, 04:10 PM
If Nilbog uses my time machine there are no limits on what is possible

Kassel
04-16-2013, 04:12 PM
What do we want???

TIME MACHINES

When do we want them??

IT DOES NOT MATTER !!

Funkutron5000
04-16-2013, 04:14 PM
What do we want?

Fry's dog!

When do we want it?

Fry's dog!

47shadesofgay
04-16-2013, 04:31 PM

Why are you assuming this is all stored in the same row in the DB?
He could just create a new row (new character) and start over again. Why does he need 100 platinum all on one character as opposed to 10plat on 10 characters? This circumvents any data size issues.

47shadesofgay
04-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Ah, but he can create multiple accounts!

I should have read this before my previous post.. but ya.. this ^.

Alarti0001
04-16-2013, 04:47 PM
What do we want???

TIME MACHINES

When do we want them??

IT DOES NOT MATTER !!

Lol AWESOME!

Hasbinbad
04-16-2013, 04:47 PM
What do we want???

TIME MACHINES

When do we want them??

IT DOES NOT MATTER !!
The last line is "That's irrelevant!"

Lyra
04-16-2013, 04:52 PM

I KNEW IT!

Everyone thought I was paranoid when I said you were chasing me with a sand giant.

Pfft Who's crazy now???