PDA

View Full Version : Sk Higher lvl gearing?

cuddlesthekilla
04-24-2013, 03:49 PM
These are my current gear and lvl, was wondering if there be anything easy enough to either solo, kite or small man group new gear besides buying it. I know my gear is not the best and needs some work especially my belt and neck.

http://wiki.project1999.org/Magelo_Blue:Gordok

Nogdar
04-25-2013, 04:21 AM
Camp a TBB or FBSS in lguk for the belt with a friend. As to the neck, ask a jeweller to craft you a decent one, they aint expensive at all ;)

Tecmos Deception
04-25-2013, 08:22 AM
You can actually equip runed bone fork in secondary as a SK? That actually works ingame?

falkun
04-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Work on your Innoruuk's Curse quest. The earring (http://wiki.project1999.org/Head_of_the_Valiant) and BP (http://wiki.project1999.org/Will_of_Innoruuk) are BIS or damn near it. Get some Grim Pauldrons (http://wiki.project1999.org/Grim_Pauldrons) from the Forager cycle(Ogres can't use IGS (http://wiki.project1999.org/Imbued_Granite_Spauldors), which have phenominal AC and resists). I agree with camp FBSS (http://wiki.project1999.org/Flowing_Black_Silk_Sash) or TBB (http://wiki.project1999.org/Thick_Banded_Belt) in LGuk, unless you get lucky with a Hangman's Noose (http://wiki.project1999.org/Hangman%27s_Noose) while camping your shoulders on Forager cycle.

Ephirith
04-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Honestly your easiest gear upgrades currently would entail joining a guild and tagging along on a few planes raids. Planar armor will provide upgrades for many of your slots and sky haste belts are rotting constantly.

If you absolutely can't commit to any raids then, aside from the advice so far in the thread, there's really only close-to-negligible upgrades you can solo/duo/small grp.

In a few levels you can solo Chief in Droga and get yourself an Idol of the Thorned, or find a friend who is willing to duo the camp. You can camp a Bracer of Scavenging in WW which is a very, very slight upgrade for one of your wrist slots. You can buy a Cazic Thule Ogre Cultural neckguard, shouldn't be very expensive at all.

Also you can kill Targishin a few times for a Targishin's Bone Mask.

Splorf22
04-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Some good advice in this thread so far, especially joining a guild and picking up some umbral/sky gear.

The only thing I would really add: get an Atramentous Shield/Noctivagant Blade. They'll help your tankability quite a bit which is really all that matters. In fact if you joined a guild and got full umbral, you could probably afford them by selling your current gear.

cuddlesthekilla
04-25-2013, 08:15 PM
Thanks for all the advice.

I am currently trying to find an actual guild and not my little friends only guild, so i can do some raids in hate and sky.

I have been trying to ask druids to tag along for Hangman and i can also try to get the Grim Pauldrons.

I also have been trying to group in kc to see if i can get the noctivagant blade drop.

Also i have about 5k to spend if you guys could think of anything that i should try and grab.

I am not so sure about getting the 2 pieces from the epic they seem quite hard to get at least at this time.

Swish
04-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Was about to say "what about some cultural armor?"

...then I looked: http://wiki.project1999.org/Cultural_Tradeskills:_Ogre :(

August
05-06-2013, 05:34 PM
I am piggybacking this thread since I don't want to create another.

I am approaching 60 on my main and thinking about SK as my first alt. I have camped a ton of JBoots and sold em as well as getting lucky w/ an invite to king camp where i got 16% profits from two fungis.

Long story short I have about 120k and am looking to utilize near or all of it on twinking out my SK. The gear reference list is pretty much dumb (recommends BE for every slot in 'kunark', planar gear for 'planar', and for classic it recommends shit) and I'm looking for pointers, well, basically on every slot.

1) Is Darkforge worth it for any slot?
2) Is cultural worth it for any slot?
3) If no to (1) or (2), what IS worth it for every slot?

I already have:

FBSS
Hooded Black Cloak
Mask of Wurms
Incarnadine Helm
Runed Lava Pendant

I believe these are among the best for their respective slots outside a 50k+ per item budget range (yes i know RBB would >>>> FBSS, same for heiro cloak).

Can anyone provide some gear recommendations? Namely primary/seconary, and then anything outside the ordinary that may be SHD specific and relatively cheap. I am planning on

Earrings: Diamondine x2
Neck: RLP
Face: Mask of Wurms
Helm: Incarnadine
Belt: FBSS
Rings: 55hp/5ac
Back: Hooded Black Cloak
Breastplate: ??????? (Darkforge / Cultural / Fungi (??? - this may be a big ticket item I NEED?)
Leggings: ???????? (Darkforge / Cultural/ Incarnadine ??)
Shoulders: ??????????? (Same - Crested Spaulders?)
Bracers: ????????????? (Same / Hero / Granite ?)
Boots: ??????????? (Same - DWB?)
Hands: (???????? - DF /Cultural / Gauntlets of Fiery Might? / ???)
Ranged: Idol of the Thorned
Weps - 2h: Jade Inlaid Crescent
1h/2h: Noct Blade + Atramentous Shield.

Any help w/ the "???????s" - any slots I should currently reconsider?

Thanks,

August

Lorraine
05-06-2013, 06:45 PM
I am piggybacking this thread since I don't want to create another.

I am approaching 60 on my main and thinking about SK as my first alt. I have camped a ton of JBoots and sold em as well as getting lucky w/ an invite to king camp where i got 16% profits from two fungis.

Long story short I have about 120k and am looking to utilize near or all of it on twinking out my SK. The gear reference list is pretty much dumb (recommends BE for every slot in 'kunark', planar gear for 'planar', and for classic it recommends shit) and I'm looking for pointers, well, basically on every slot.

1) Is Darkforge worth it for any slot?
2) Is cultural worth it for any slot?
3) If no to (1) or (2), what IS worth it for every slot?

I already have:

FBSS
Hooded Black Cloak
Mask of Wurms
Incarnadine Helm
Runed Lava Pendant

I believe these are among the best for their respective slots outside a 50k+ per item budget range (yes i know RBB would >>>> FBSS, same for heiro cloak).

Can anyone provide some gear recommendations? Namely primary/seconary, and then anything outside the ordinary that may be SHD specific and relatively cheap. I am planning on

Earrings: Diamondine x2
Neck: RLP
Face: Mask of Wurms
Helm: Incarnadine
Belt: FBSS
Rings: 55hp/5ac
Back: Hooded Black Cloak
Breastplate: ??????? (Darkforge / Cultural / Fungi (??? - this may be a big ticket item I NEED?)
Leggings: ???????? (Darkforge / Cultural/ Incarnadine ??)
Shoulders: ??????????? (Same - Crested Spaulders?)
Bracers: ????????????? (Same / Hero / Granite ?)
Boots: ??????????? (Same - DWB?)
Hands: (???????? - DF /Cultural / Gauntlets of Fiery Might? / ???)
Ranged: Idol of the Thorned
Weps - 2h: Jade Inlaid Crescent
1h/2h: Noct Blade + Atramentous Shield.

Any help w/ the "???????s" - any slots I should currently reconsider?

Thanks,

August

Fungi is awesome, if you can afford it you should go for it imo.

Darkforge is good, especially the chest/greaves -- tons of +sta and some pieces have +MR as well. Bracer of Scavenging is a good option. Darkmail Gaunts are decent till you can get planar (don't know stats, I assume they are better) or use BE if they are worth it maybe.

What race will your SK be? I'd consider getting IGS for shoulders (kinda pricey but worth it imo), also consider trading your FBSS + some cash for a Sash of a Dragonborn. Also a Glowing Bone Collar instead of the Runed Lava Pendant.

Maybe Ebon Mace instead of Noc Blade.

And last but No 1 in your list imo :

Circlet of Shadow.

August
05-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Thanks Lorraine -

Any suggestion on a race? I do NOT min/max (gnome enchanter what what) and am considering dark elf.

I am aware of the massive stat advantages to ogre/troll and the frontal stun immunity / regen of ogre / (troll/iks) respectively. This still has not colored my opinion on going dark elf - as everyone knows DEs are the sexiest SKs on the planet.

What would dissuade me:

Access/Inaccess to gear
Cultural armor being the bees-knees - I looked at DEF cultural and it looks cruddy but then I looked at ogre cultural and saw it was barely better than DF so whatever.
FAction/Banking issues

As for weapons - do you think it's necessary to have both 2 hander and 1hs/shield? Someone told me 2hander all the way, but my gut tells me I'm going to be grouping for hte majority of the time and as such will probably want to tank.

Thanks again

August

Lorraine
05-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Play what ever you feel like - Your character, your decision, eventually.

Just be prepared to live with the decision, which ever that is.

Dark elves get Ring of the Dead, so at least that's a compromise.
In my opinion, you should have a weapon available for each skill, and try to keep them up on par as much as you can. It might be hard initially, with the melee hard cap in place and all, but it might be worth the bother. And if you're going Dark Elf, then Shield Bash will be your only source of spellcasting interupts until you get a hold of Epic.

August
05-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Versus OGR/TRL getting slam?