PDA

View Full Version : Recent Bans/Guild Crap

orsk
04-24-2013, 04:39 PM
WARNING WALL OF TEXT:Being a casual player on p99 right now and at one point having fun in a full raid scene has been a lot of fun for me. I was real happy in the guilds i have been in but The recent bans are part of this reason Orsk is un guilded now after the ill informed and no fucks given to veteran players in FV which has since been formed into Rapture.

I log in, my longtime guild FV is broken up.The problem? Knightt under heavy suspicion of RMT. Guild officers decide to break off and form Rapture(I was an officer in FV, was not informed at all probably due to my lack of playtime cus of RL issues). Myself and other started FV with Knightt.

Rapture is formed,new rules, no vent no raid policy, understandable somewhat, thought i was in a casual guild. I was MT till RL took over and i wasn't available as much as i would like. Gave info to a still great friend Layze to use Orsk when needed.

Fast forward, be in rapture log in to raid, go to raid, cant get in vent due to small quarters and having young children, just wouldn't be able to participate via vent.

Go to sky raid, cant get in vent, start tanking up there. Suddenly announced i am no longer MT, Flickerr decides if MT is not in vent its not possible to tank. MT NEEDS to be in vent. Apparently its a miracle anyone ever successfully raided anything before vent or team speak was ever created. Annoying to say the least.

Flickerr is the "leader" of rapture, professes there is not a "leader" just officers, that's until something happens she doesn't like then passive aggressively it becomes law, i wasn't sure if this was just my thinking but after talking to a few other members who i will not name they gave same response to her actions.

Now im reading this Knightt business and it looks like Stabbyjoe who was a FV officer/Rapture officer tried to take a chunk out of the sinking ship. Scumbag move nonetheless.

fuk.

Tiggles
04-24-2013, 04:42 PM
WARNING WALL OF TEXT:Being a casual player on p99 right now and at one point having fun in a full raid scene has been a lot of fun for me. I was real happy in the guilds i have been in but The recent bans are part of this reason Orsk is un guilded now after the ill informed and no fucks given to veteran players in FV which has since been formed into Rapture.

I log in, my longtime guild FV is broken up.The problem? Knightt under heavy suspicion of RMT. Guild officers decide to break off and form Rapture(I was an officer in FV, was not informed at all probably due to my lack of playtime cus of RL issues). Myself and other started FV with Knightt.

Rapture is formed,new rules, no vent no raid policy, understandable somewhat, thought i was in a casual guild. I was MT till RL took over and i wasn't available as much as i would like. Gave info to a still great friend Layze to use Orsk when needed.

Fast forward, be in rapture log in to raid, go to raid, cant get in vent due to small quarters and having young children, just wouldn't be able to participate via vent.

Go to sky raid, cant get in vent, start tanking up there. Suddenly announced i am no longer MT, Flickerr decides if MT is not in vent its not possible to tank. MT NEEDS to be in vent. Apparently its a miracle anyone ever successfully raided anything before vent or team speak was ever created. Annoying to say the least.

Flickerr is the "leader" of rapture, professes there is not a "leader" just officers, that's until something happens she doesn't like then passive aggressively it becomes law, i wasn't sure if this was just my thinking but after talking to a few other members who i will not name they gave same response to her actions.

Now im reading this Knightt business and it looks like Stabbyjoe who was a FV officer/Rapture officer tried to take a chunk out of the sinking ship. Scumbag move nonetheless.

fuk.

You sound like a casual piece of shit.

Go join fucking peace pipe if you want to be terrible.

I'd kick a main tank out of a raid too if he couldn't listen to vent.

Garbage

Chloroform
04-24-2013, 04:46 PM
lol tiggles,

knightt got bruise banned for RMT, and a perfectly good Fungus staff locked up many moons ago. FV was tainted since the begining thanks to Knightt. lol fucking rmters

OMGWTF420
04-24-2013, 04:47 PM
You sound like a casual piece of shit.

Go join fucking peace pipe if you want to be terrible.

I'd kick a main tank out of a raid too if he couldn't listen to vent.

Garbage

vent is so classic

Vadd
04-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Fuck vent.

Haha, I remember /shouting when I made my first P99 raid...... "SPEAK ONLY IN GUILD CHAT OR VENT!"

TWDL_Prexus
04-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Lol if a guild needs vent/ts to do anything on this server they are terrible.

Kagatob
04-24-2013, 04:52 PM

This.

Kruel
04-24-2013, 04:55 PM
You had me until you said "she"......

All I can think about is Aurelia and yelling "let Ledzepp Talk!!!" (my ears still tingle when I hear that).

This chick needs to go!

Chloroform
04-24-2013, 05:07 PM
http://i36.tinypic.com/2irp3r4.jpg

OMGWTF420
04-24-2013, 05:56 PM
orsk is actually a pretty beastly tank, their loss imo

Peekae
04-24-2013, 06:07 PM
Orsk is good people's but rapture is good people's as well. Shitty situation on both sides :(

Also who am I gonna get my back to back tanking action on with in sky now?

Ouzin
04-24-2013, 06:11 PM
I hate vent. That is all.

Kassel
04-24-2013, 06:16 PM
I never understood why folks can not simply plug in headphones to listen in on vent, No one cares if you talk, just be able to listen.

Weak Excuse imo.

Hitchens
04-24-2013, 06:26 PM
I never understood why folks can not simply plug in headphones to listen in on vent, No one cares if you talk, just be able to listen.

Because having to listen to people breathing through their mouths just to play a game that never needed Vent in the first place is lame.

OMGWTF420
04-24-2013, 06:28 PM

Weak Excuse imo.

some people just dont like it, we didnt need/use it in '99 and we dont need it now. if nilbog/rogean really wanted to recreate a classic experience the use of voice chat and/or batphones would be prohibited during play, of course there would be absolutely no way to enforce that at all. plus just imagine the shit storm of tears guilds like tmo would spew when they realized they would not be able to function at their current capacity without the aid of this newer technology

Peekae
04-24-2013, 06:46 PM
some people just dont like it, we didnt need/use it in '99 and we dont need it now. if nilbog/rogean really wanted to recreate a classic experience the use of voice chat and/or batphones would be prohibited during play, of course there would be absolutely no way to enforce that at all. plus just imagine the shit storm of tears guilds like tmo would spew when they realized they would not be able to function at their current capacity without the aid of this newer technology

To play the devils advocate you can always mute half the people in vent and just listen to those actually making raid calls. Officers / chanters / tanks / pullers etc

Kassel
04-24-2013, 07:16 PM
I agree vent can be stupid but it is even stupider to join a guild that REQUIRES it up front. Dont wanna use vent, dont fucking join a guild that requires it or buy some headphones.

Ouzin
04-24-2013, 07:19 PM
To play the devils advocate you can always mute half the people in vent and just listen to those actually making raid calls. Officers / chanters / tanks / pullers etc

My solution.

Cecily
04-24-2013, 07:38 PM
3rd party program. Ban vent users imo.

HeallunRumblebelly
04-24-2013, 07:44 PM
3rd party program. Ban vent users imo.

I can not fully climax until I hear cecily and brutillus talking at the same time in vent. My life is just so incomplete and hollow right now.

Peekae
04-24-2013, 08:02 PM
Used to live down the street from a girl named Cecily. Cecily confirmed girl next door

Nirgon
04-24-2013, 08:11 PM
You call that a wall of text?

Woahnelly
04-24-2013, 08:21 PM
vent is stupid. Type you lazy bastards! Are people's fingers too fat to punch one key at a time?

Kagatob
04-24-2013, 08:26 PM
Only used vent with one guild in the past 14 years, the only reason I did was because I knew more than 75% of them personally and none of them happened to be wheezebags, the ones I didn't know personally I felt were all cool peeps anyway and the one child of a guild member who was also on raids wasn't allowed to talk on Vent so it worked out well.

I don't even remember why we started using Vent, We raided Velious - elemental planes fine without it.

radditsu
04-24-2013, 08:29 PM

If i didn't have to talk in voice chat, I would lead any and every raid, for TMO, for FE, for BDA, every fucking raid. I really really stink at/hate with a fiery passion giving directions in an elf simulator with voice chat. I am no good at it. I loved having half a page of macros devoted to TAG and FLOP and instructions typed out for encounters. Hit a button and a wall of text on a strategy inc.

Right now I have a PC in the bedroom with a sleeping wife/child in the general vicinity, and it makes it super difficult to tell people to SHUT THE FUCK UP. Also, Too much dissonance. I would rather listen to some Bowie and type shit out.

Hated the shit in warcraft too, and I was single in a big empty apartment back then.

Peekae
04-24-2013, 08:39 PM
vent is stupid. Type you lazy bastards! Are people's fingers too fat to punch one key at a time?

Some may not like it but doesn't change the fact that it makes things easier. I'd rather say "hey guys this is protector ph stop attacking" than have to spam guild chat with "stop attacking !!" 30 times before people get a clue.

Now obviously orsk knew his stuff and didn't need to be told but still nice to have vent.

Kinda like using a horse and buggy over a car because people used to get around just fine without cars, I mean what's your problem so fat a horse can't pull you ? ;)

OMGWTF420
04-24-2013, 08:40 PM
I would rather listen to some <insert metal band where applicable> and type shit out.

yup this is my reason for not liking vent, but ill still log myself in and mute it just to look like i care/pay attention lol

Woahnelly
04-24-2013, 08:41 PM
fat people used stage coaches, duh

Kimm Barely
04-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Fuck Vent. If I wanted to hear fat sweaty mouth breathers, I'd go to the comic book shop and play Magic the Gathering.

Peekae
04-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Vent the ultimate elf fantasy immersion ruiner for some I guess heh. Also everyone is a fat mouth breather except them of course !

Kagatob
04-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Fuck Vent. If I wanted to hear fat sweaty mouth breathers, I'd go to the comic book shop and play Magic the Gathering.

orsk
04-24-2013, 11:24 PM

I agree but its nice to have sometimes but definitely not needed. And definitely not something to get mad about if someone cant get in.

To those who cant seem to grasp the idea that being is "vent is so easy whats the problem?" Yes headphones exist, yes i have other stuff to worry about besides chatter in vent thats 99% shooting the shit. Basically, vent is not that important, but nice to have for sure.

Ele
04-24-2013, 11:33 PM
Vent is nice and all for grouping, but I really don't want to hear about your day when a raid is in progress.

canker
04-25-2013, 12:23 AM
paging portsche

boudicca
04-25-2013, 12:35 AM
Because having to listen to people breathing through their mouths just to play a game that never needed Vent in the first place is lame.

push to talk? :eek:

SamwiseRed
04-25-2013, 12:51 AM
People don't play a social mmo to socialize. Makes sense

radditsu
04-25-2013, 08:43 AM
People don't play a social mmo to socialize. Makes sense

I don't, too many assholes

Rhambuk
04-25-2013, 09:12 AM
I hate vent. That is all.

I have literally ran from ec to pofear only to be told to join vent outside the portal.

I swiftly turn around and head back to EC. I hate vent, its NOT necessary as people seem to think it is, and the worst thing it works like shit. I have 2 people with volume so loud it cracks my speakers while 8 people are mute quiet, and dont tell me about the uqualizer its crap. Sure i could manually change everyones volume independently but F that.

Did people forget how to play and type at the same time? How do you do exp groups with no vent or do you let the pug group join your raid vent?

arsenalpow
04-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Use the vent equalizer if its an issue.

Rhambuk
04-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Use the vent equalizer if its an issue.

*note* doesn't work, wether its on my end or not ive tried the equalizer MANY times and it does literally NOTHING.

I lead raids through luclin/pop in live without vent just fine, i can type yell at people all day but its just not my personally to vocalize a HEY SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DO WHAT I SAY!!!

but thats a me issue i guess..
ill just continue logging into vent and turning my speakers off. still being able to raid perfectly fine without being able to hear a word in vent, but not getting bitched at for not being in vent. win win

now if only i could get someone else to log me in so i didnt have to have this shit taking up an icon on my desktop

Uggme
04-25-2013, 12:15 PM
I also despise Vent/TS especially in classic EQ. It's mood breaking, it's annoying, and frankly, even more difficult to manage when playing with others in the household.

Might I also mention that for 6 years I worked at a job that required me to wear a headset the entire time I was there. Going hope to just to put another headset on and physically talk to even more people was annoying as hell. Plus your ears really start to hurt if you wear those kinds of things for long enough.

We have a chat box - use it. It's certainly less intrusive.

orsk
04-25-2013, 02:17 PM
I also despise Vent/TS especially in classic EQ. It's mood breaking, it's annoying, and frankly, even more difficult to manage when playing with others in the household.

Might I also mention that for 6 years I worked at a job that required me to wear a headset the entire time I was there. Going hope to just to put another headset on and physically talk to even more people was annoying as hell. Plus your ears really start to hurt if you wear those kinds of things for long enough.

We have a chat box - use it. It's certainly less intrusive.

Well said well said, I just think it should be an OPTION not be removed from a raid position without it, just silly.

Tiggles
04-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Well said well said, I just think it should be an OPTION not be removed from a raid position without it, just silly.

A tank who has vent will out perform a tank with out if similarly geared.

Stop being bad and accept the fact that you got replaced.

getsome
04-25-2013, 04:47 PM
one reason I like Vent.

Vent Recording of Calm Down Emoqq (http://tinypic.com/r/34fdzqe/4)

Another classic eq gem

Vent Recording of IB Takes Gorg from WI (http://tinypic.com/r/35byyb7/4)

KotBK
04-25-2013, 04:53 PM
one reason I like Vent.

Another classic eq gem

Oh so long ago, yet those voices remain ever so familiar to this day. Was many laughable times within WI vent back in the day, glad i only listened during those times. Had some weirdo's up in that beast.

myriverse
04-25-2013, 06:03 PM
one reason I like Vent.

Another classic eq gem

Vent is post-classic.
Vent is post-Luclin.

getsome
04-25-2013, 06:09 PM
I used roger wilco in kunark

Peekae
04-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Vent is post-classic.
Vent is post-Luclin.

Brb loading up roger wilco

Alawen
04-25-2013, 11:14 PM
Who is the screechy female voice? That shit is incredibly unpleasant.

KotBK
04-25-2013, 11:43 PM
Who is the screechy female voice? That shit is incredibly unpleasant.

If you are talking about the one who yells to calm down it is Auena who was an officer and Bumamgar's wife. Bum use to be a dev here as well as the GL of WI.

Sckrilla
04-26-2013, 12:12 AM
We have formed a new guild called 'Aim to Misbehave' on the Fippy Darkpaw progression server.

The membership of this new guild comes from a variety of sources, however most are ex-WI members,
including the officers/leaders.

Fippy Darkpaw is currently at the Depths of Darkhollow expansion, with the vote to open Prophecy of Ro
due in about a month. This is a great time to join if you want to pickup where Wrathful Inquisition
left off previously.

We plan to raid 3 days in a row then take 2 days off in a row consistently with raids starting at
8PM EST and never going later then midnight. We are currently going to be backflagging for Gates of
Discord and farming Tacvi along with Anguish and DoN dragons. Our progression is aimed at Demiplane
of Blood after killing the 5 blood raids and Vule.

We utilize a bid DKP system and gain 1 DKP per hour. More information on this can be found in the
DKP thread under the Public: Recruitment section on the forums.

Our forums are at http://www.misbehave-eq.com

Currently all classes are open as we are a new guild looking to build up our numbers. For more
information PM or /tell one of the following officers in game

Bumamgar
Yace
Auenah
Zerker
Taarth
Garten