PDA

View Full Version : Haste Question

Feanoir
04-28-2013, 05:15 PM
I know for any tank haste is a must, as haste=more hits=more aggro, but my question here, is how long can I go without it? If i am correct, FBSS is the most easily obtainable haste in the game, but at 10k, I dont know how I'll even get close to that. Apart from staying in my bronze/banded/dropped gear until I hit 50, that seems like a ton of money. I know being a hybrid I'm already not at the top of the grouping list, so how long can I go before i have to find a way to come up with some dough for a speedy belt?

PS the FBSS is pretty much the earliest haste to camp also right? (aside from hangman's noose, which is also a pretty low haste IIRC)

Thanks all in advance

Peekae
04-28-2013, 05:37 PM
It might be hard to legitimately farm an fbss as a fresh hybrid however you can always try to tag along / join a guild that does sky regularly and 21% haste belts for hybrids are a common rot honestly so may be able to get one without spending the money.

On my original rogue i didn't even have a fbss until 50 or so.

Also as a hybrid atleast you have the advantage of being able to gain aggro through spells etc. which will make you solid tank regardless.

RoKnRuiN1
04-29-2013, 01:55 AM
A hybrid what? I use a 2h Mithril Sword on my Warrior and let me tell you, 33% haste is no joke. And oh the crippling blows.

cs616
04-29-2013, 03:39 AM
It might be hard to legitimately farm an fbss as a fresh hybrid however you can always try to tag along / join a guild that does sky regularly and 21% haste belts for hybrids are a common rot honestly so may be able to get one without spending the money.

Minor correction, but I believe the hybrid PoSky belts are 16% haste. The melee ones are 21%. This is still great advice though.

Vadd
04-29-2013, 03:46 AM
Paladin/SK have spells for agro.

Like an above poster said, I remember I didn't win an FBSS at Frenzy til like 45, then ended up getting my class specific belt (dropped, not quested) at like 46.

Basically, if you aren't a warrior, don't stress over haste.

Nogdar
04-29-2013, 05:25 AM
Yeah, if you're not a warrior, you don't need a fbss for aggro but only for dps :) I only got a fbss when I was around lvl 48 or so, and changed it soon enough for a sky belt indeed.. Don't worry too much about it :)

Feanoir
05-10-2013, 02:46 AM
Thanks guys, appreciate the info. Good to know It's not going to kill me to wait a while :)

Lorraine
05-10-2013, 04:10 AM
There's the Swirlspine Belt too, but those seahorses are such a pita to farm unless you have a solid group that knows what they are doing. On the upside, they are always open since noone pretty much camps them afaik.

What class are you, Feanoir?

Feanoir
05-11-2013, 09:18 AM
Paladin, haha sorry I thought making a sig would retroactively add it to my posts..I guess not :)

Feanoir
05-11-2013, 09:19 AM
But I just hit 20 so with double attack and ghoulbane procs my undead dps just skyrocketed even without haste

Oldschoolplayer
05-12-2013, 12:37 AM
as a paladin man I wouldnt even bother going after a haste item if your strapped for platinum pieces. I'd focus on your armor and hp items. Use your spells to hold aggro and let dps classes do the rest =)