PDA

View Full Version : Winter is Coming!

this user was banned
04-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Now that Velious is going to be released in a few days, what is the first thing you are going to do?

orsk
04-30-2013, 11:39 AM
first

OMGWTF420
04-30-2013, 11:45 AM
Now that Velious is going to be released in a few days, what is the first thing you are going to do?

wake up and realize it was just a dream

kotton05
04-30-2013, 11:48 AM
wake up and realize it was just a dream

It was all a dream
I used to read word up magazine!

this user was banned
04-30-2013, 11:51 AM
So nobody else is going to masturbate furiously on dwarves in Thurgadin?

Rhambuk
04-30-2013, 11:56 AM
im gonna ride lodi straight to st and kick kerafyrm in the nuts

this user was banned
04-30-2013, 12:34 PM
So Harrison came back for Velious or is someone trolling hard?

Nirgon
04-30-2013, 01:33 PM
Never gone.

Lots of needed fixes are going in to ensure a more legit Velious experience.

nilbog
04-30-2013, 01:41 PM
By that logic is it better to never fix it?

Like if something is on fire for 2 days straight.. and then is finally extinguished, do you say what the fuck, let it keep burning, it's been going for 2 days!

Not everything is easily fixable. And, to be quite honest, it took a hell of a long time for people to provide specifics of what exactly was wrong with it. (Thanks Treats)

Barkingturtle
04-30-2013, 01:43 PM
For the record, if you ever find me on fire after two steady days of burning: just let me die.

nilbog
04-30-2013, 02:03 PM
Guilds weren't the only ones who took advantage of mechanics. I imagine many groups with invis/ivu-ers were enjoying easier pulls, respectively.

It's the details that are tough to deal with and I bothered kanras enough for him to write it all. Specifically, distinguishing direct hate from indirect hate.

Eliminating this overpowered mechanic will likely shed light on the next one. And, eventually we'll get them all :x

The bright side.

http://chrislott.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/bright-side-3199154697_4b7fbde665.jpg

Lanuven
04-30-2013, 02:03 PM

Like if something is on fire for 2 days straight.. and then is finally extinguished, do you say what the fuck, let it keep burning, it's been going for 2 days!

Not everything is easily fixable. And, to be quite honest, it took a hell of a long time for people to provide specifics of what exactly was wrong with it. (Thanks Treats)

In my opinion, yes it still needs to be fixed. But the damage has already been done. At this point its more or less just preventative measures from it happening again.

nuglord
04-30-2013, 02:06 PM
all about dem sneak tags

fohkure
04-30-2013, 02:29 PM

I liked this allegory... and the fact a dev came in here to tell you, ever so politely, to stop criticizing him. Do you bitch at volunteer workers who take too long to get your soup and cot, too, Harrison?

Rhambuk
04-30-2013, 02:34 PM
nilbog derailment. thread officially ovef

Nirgon
04-30-2013, 02:59 PM
And, eventually we'll get them all :x

You still doing the "time line true launch" after you get all this stuff banged out?

this user was banned
04-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Remember when Harrison actually played the game and didn't just Forumquest without pants on?

Pepperidge Farm remembers

EnnoiaII
04-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Nilbog, you know you're the only member of the staff I trust is actually doing their job.

I'm not implying that at all. I'm just saying that it's a shitty situation that it was "legal" the entire time when it was clearly an exploit of a mechanic that wasn't supposed to work that way.

Man, this server has far worse problems than people exploiting pulling bugs.

finalgrunt
04-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Man, this server has far worse problems than people exploiting pulling bugs.

Still have been a huge issue for quite long. Watered down much of the content.

Razdeline
04-30-2013, 08:41 PM
Guilds weren't the only ones who took advantage of mechanics. I imagine many groups with invis/ivu-ers were enjoying easier pulls, respectively.

It's the details that are tough to deal with and I bothered kanras enough for him to write it all. Specifically, distinguishing direct hate from indirect hate.

Eliminating this overpowered mechanic will likely shed light on the next one. And, eventually we'll get them all :x

The bright side.

http://chrislott.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/bright-side-3199154697_4b7fbde665.jpg

Trying to quantify fixes for overpowered "classic mechanics" have will not fix the problem of a specific class being under-powered to begin with (classically).

Leave classic mechanics, classic. Part of the nostalgic drive that people play this are in respect of each class having that "Niche" use.

nilbog
05-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Trying to quantify fixes for overpowered "classic mechanics" have will not fix the problem of a specific class being under-powered to begin with (classically).

Leave classic mechanics, classic. Part of the nostalgic drive that people play this are in respect of each class having that "Niche" use.

Not sure if you're implying we're unclassically changing something in regards to invis pulling, but we're not.

Rhambuk
05-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Not sure if you're implying we're unclassically changing something in regards to invis pulling, but we're not.

Can we ever see bug implementations? not exploits but things like graphic bugs?

definitely at the extreme bottom of list of things to do but i miss my graphics bug!

raff01
05-01-2013, 09:34 AM
I stopped believing Velious could ever be released on this server...Better hope for the other project to complete.

Rhambuk
05-01-2013, 09:36 AM
I stopped believing Velious could ever be released on this server...Better hope for the other project to complete.

I believe theres just an insane amount of work to be done mostly hp logging?

Gaffin Deeppockets
05-01-2013, 09:37 AM

You are such a whiner dude, this is a free project and has come a very long way from when it started, and its a fun server. If you don't like it go to sleeper server. *Spoiler alert* Its horrible there.

Lanzellot
05-01-2013, 09:39 AM
raff you make me a bid angry first the account thread than this answer .

nilbog and his stuff work very hard on it what i heard .is all not so easy spawn timers ,path wayes etc .than much thingys got lost from classic what will you? the time will make it

nilbog and his stuff has all my honor so great work very thx at this Point

nilbog
05-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Can we ever see bug implementations? not exploits but things like graphic bugs?

definitely at the extreme bottom of list of things to do but i miss my graphics bug!

What exactly? Like, large races using a guise will display to subsequent players zoning in as a large dark elf. That would be considered a graphic bug.

Coooooool.

Rhambuk
05-01-2013, 10:04 AM
What exactly? Like, large races using a guise will display to subsequent players zoning in as a large dark elf. That would be considered a graphic bug.

Coooooool.

no on live if you switched out your armor, used a non PC illusion like skeleton, switched armor around again, then clicked it off you would have the graphics you had before the illusion.

I used it to hide my helm before the option.

played a dwarf rog, i would put on a rob, skel illusion, put my chain chest back on, click off skel, show as a tinted naked chest, go iksar illusion and be an iksar wearing a robe but if you inspected my chest would be chain graphic chest piece.

its never worked on eqemu i remember trying it on SoD back in the day, but loved it in live.

Gaffin Deeppockets
05-01-2013, 10:15 AM
no on live if you switched out your armor, used a non PC illusion like skeleton, switched armor around again, then clicked it off you would have the graphics you had before the illusion.

played a dwarf rog, i would put on a rob, skel illusion, put my chain chest back on, click off skel, show as a tinted naked chest, go iksar illusion and be an iksar wearing a robe but if you inspected my chest would be chain graphic chest piece.

its never worked on eqemu i remember trying it on SoD back in the day, but loved it in live.

I loved doing this for velious custom helmets switching it for the look then putting on better helmet.

nilbog
05-01-2013, 10:16 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/fkve5t.jpg

Document everything you remember/know/can research about it, create a Miscellaneous bug report. If it's quantifiable and doable, then it goes on a list.

Rhambuk
05-01-2013, 10:17 AM
I loved doing this for velious custom helmets switching it for the look then putting on better helmet.

My personal fav was iksar rog chain legs/chest/wrist with naked feet head hands arms. kind of looked monkish just a vest and bracers.

I was also a huge fan of dyes =p

Gel Mibson
05-01-2013, 10:19 AM
summer's actually on the horizon

Gaffin Deeppockets
05-01-2013, 10:30 AM
My personal fav was iksar rog chain legs/chest/wrist with naked feet head hands arms. kind of looked monkish just a vest and bracers.

I was also a huge fan of dyes =p

If you wanna post in bug forum ill help you back it up. We can find some resources so maybe they can implement it since nilbog approves. Id love to see this happen. :cool:

Rhambuk
05-01-2013, 10:39 AM
If you wanna post in bug forum ill help you back it up. We can find some resources so maybe they can implement it since nilbog approves. Id love to see this happen. :cool:

Lets do it! gonna start researching wayback machine forums for posts. classic posts should be some sort of proof right? not sure what else to look for.

new #1 mission!

Gaffin Deeppockets
05-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Lets do it! gonna start researching wayback machine forums for posts. classic posts should be some sort of proof right? not sure what else to look for.

new #1 mission!

Sounds good :D

Tecmos Deception
05-01-2013, 11:19 AM

This guy. Jesus H. Christ.

Tecmos Deception
05-01-2013, 11:21 AM

My chanter always ends up looking like he has his RoA equipped even though I actually have epic in hand cause of interactions with werewolf and weapon swapping. Is that the same thing?

Rhambuk
05-01-2013, 11:36 AM
My chanter always ends up looking like he has his RoA equipped even though I actually have epic in hand cause of interactions with werewolf and weapon swapping. Is that the same thing?

I don't believe so, weapons were the one thing i couldnt change with this bug as no matter what illusion you use weapons are visible and carry over through the illusion application/click off...

Rhambuk
05-01-2013, 11:36 AM
but please explain )

Gaffin Deeppockets
05-01-2013, 01:14 PM
I don't believe so, weapons were the one thing i couldnt change with this bug as no matter what illusion you use weapons are visible and carry over through the illusion application/click off...

Never saw that happen. Could be a bug on emu. Interesting though.

HeallunRumblebelly
05-01-2013, 03:49 PM

Cleanse it all with righteous fire Nilbog. No item, no currency, no character to remain. Only the untouched powder of velious for unclad feet shall remain.

Rhambuk
05-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Double illusion with minor illusion and any other illusion
Click off the other illusion (not minor illusion)
Magically now you can run around minor illusioned(and not rooted as you're supposed to be with it on)

Classic bug should be re-instated imo

I want to run around as a bag on the ground.

Create bug thread, try to find evidence, this would be a blast on red.

Tecmos Deception
05-01-2013, 08:04 PM
but please explain )

I believe if I have my RoA equipped then cast werewolf, swap epic back in, then click off werewolf... it looks like I still have the RoA equipped when I'm back to my normal form even though I actually have epic equipped.

Rhambuk
05-01-2013, 08:08 PM
I believe if I have my RoA equipped then cast werewolf, swap epic back in, then click off werewolf... it looks like I still have the RoA equipped when I'm back to my normal form even though I actually have epic equipped.

do me a favor and try it with a robe or something similiar. ideally creating a graphic where one isnt normally present if you had a helm that would be good.

cyryllis
05-01-2013, 08:55 PM
used to be able to use illusion bug to look like you were geared in whatever else you had in bag. I remember carrying around netted kelp and brawl stick in velious, wearing that and then illusioning into werewolf/minor illusion and then swapping in real gear before clicking off illusion. Wish we could do that here, but every time I tried it never bugged the graphic.

also there was another way of moving in minor illusion on live which worked up and through the GoD expansion.

There were areas where it says there is nothing nearby to illusion into (for example, worked really well in plane of tranquility waters) and the text color would either be blue or red. you would find the spot right where it was still blue (and one step more you would have red text) and drop a bag/weapon/anything droppable on the ground. then you would cast minor illusion, pick up the dropped item, cast minor illusion a second time and you could then move around in minor illusion.

but the easiest most classic minor illusion movement I remember was simply root yourself and then minor illusion. the root effects wouldnt stack and you could move around. this was fixed in early luclin iirc.

I remember running around umbral plains in minor illusion and not being kos to anything, was nice.

Rhambuk
05-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Need all of you to post your experiences and any other information you can remember/find in the thread link in my sig please

citizen1080
05-01-2013, 09:47 PM
For the record, if you ever find me on fire after two steady days of burning: just let me die.

I giggled

this user was banned
05-10-2013, 01:08 PM
TOFS!