PDA

View Full Version : Server going to hell

raff01
05-01-2013, 06:50 AM
Just look at the east commonland section of the forum : more people selling accounts than actual stuff...
This is getting wrong...
Something needs to be done.

gotrocks
05-01-2013, 06:50 AM
i didnt realize this was new news

Tecmos Deception
05-01-2013, 07:00 AM
Server is fine. Forums have been in the 9th circle for a while, thanks mostly to terrible players bitching about every little thing.

myriverse
05-01-2013, 07:10 AM
More people are selling pixels... instead of pixels.

raff01
05-01-2013, 07:19 AM
Nah, its increasing fast now. People weren't selling that many accounts before.

Tecmos Deception
05-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Nah, its increasing fast now. People weren't selling that many accounts before.

Well no shit. You and your ilk have a witch-burning mob stoked up on the forums because you think banning account sales will severely reduce RMT which will somehow make you all less terrible, and staff have stated that something is in the works re: account sales. Of course people are getting rid of the accounts they have but don't really want.

raff01
05-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Server is fine. Forums have been in the 9th circle for a while, thanks mostly to terrible players bitching about every little thing.

you litterally have no life, so anything that comes out of your mouth is basically invalid.

arsenalpow
05-01-2013, 07:38 AM
I beg to differ (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=940609&postcount=1)

raff01
05-01-2013, 08:25 AM
I beg to differ (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=940609&postcount=1)

This concerns RMT. What I see now isn't RMT, but simply so many ppl selling their accounts or trading their accounts for other accounts or ingame plat.
People simply dont want to play the game, they want it straight to lvl 50+ fully equiped...

Tecmos Deception
05-01-2013, 08:30 AM
This concerns RMT. What I see now isn't RMT, but simply so many ppl selling their accounts or trading their accounts for other accounts or ingame plat.
People simply dont want to play the game, they want it straight to lvl 50+ fully equiped...

People who buy and sell accounts (and aren't RMTing) already HAVE played the game, sometimes repeatedly. It's not like someone who is buying a level 60, VP-geared cleric is jumping right into the endgame or something; they almost certainly already have been 60 with another character (or 3) for months and months.

raff01
05-01-2013, 08:33 AM
People who buy and sell accounts (and aren't RMTing) already HAVE played the game, sometimes repeatedly. It's not like someone who is buying a level 60, VP-geared cleric is jumping right into the endgame or something; they almost certainly already have been 60 with another character (or 3) for months and months.

Or perhaps indeed they want to quickly get plat from their accounts which they know are about to be banned...

Tecmos Deception
05-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Wtf? There's no fucking talking to you. You JUST said that the account sales we were discussing were NOT about RMT, but rather about people who wanted to skip past being low level and ungeared. But then when I poke a hole in your argument, you start talking about people trying to liquidate accounts before they get banned.

raff01
05-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Wtf? There's no fucking talking to you. You JUST said that the account sales we were discussing were NOT about RMT, but rather about people who wanted to skip past being low level and ungeared. But then when I poke a hole in your argument, you start talking about people trying to liquidate accounts before they get banned.

yup could be either of those 2 reasons. Hadn't seen the recent news.

Rhambuk
05-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Get over account sales already, gms have announced they are against it they have announced when they find out how they will stop it, theres a 60+ page thread in server over people arguing about it.

the playerbase opinion means NOTHING when it comes to changing rules like this.

your just stirring up shit so please shut the fuck up.

raff01
05-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Get over account sales already, gms have announced they are against it they have announced when they find out how they will stop it, theres a 60+ page thread in server over people arguing about it.

the playerbase opinion means NOTHING when it comes to changing rules like this.

your just stirring up shit so please shut the fuck up.

Can you link the thread?

Rhambuk
05-01-2013, 08:50 AM
do you ever leave rnf?

Server chat forum
Time to end account selling thread
theres like 60 pages you CANT miss it
just try...

raff01
05-01-2013, 09:03 AM
do you ever leave rnf?

Server chat forum
Time to end account selling thread
theres like 60 pages you CANT miss it
just try...

found it...!

Rhambuk
05-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Cheers! the discussion there is more civil than one you would find here )

Lanzellot
05-01-2013, 09:17 AM
People who start a so a thread are envy for sure

to can buy a so a high end char you must Play the game very Long what tecmos said ,and envy Person seen always RMT shut up

Rhambuk
05-01-2013, 09:24 AM
People who start a so a thread are envy for sure

to can buy a so a high end char you must Play the game very Long what tecmos said ,and envy Person seen always RMT shut up

right, to buy some of these accounts youd have to put in WAY more time than it would take to just lvl up a toon.

Briscoe
05-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Are you so inattentive that you didn't notice Lanzellot went through and bumped every recent account sale thread this morning?

Lanzellot
05-01-2013, 10:10 AM
why not Pixels are Pixels and is it forbidden to help other peoples to sell there stuff?:D

Lanzellot
05-01-2013, 10:11 AM
just forgot i bumped only accounts they was awesome or the Price was fair .......

Briscoe
05-01-2013, 10:14 AM
why not Pixels are Pixels and is it forbidden to help other peoples to sell there stuff?:D

I'm just pointing out that shortly before the OP started this thread, you bumped a whole page's worth of account sale threads within a few minutes. The poor OP then saw an EC Tunnel forum full of account sale threads and thought that everyone is selling off their accounts all at once at an exponentially higher rate than before.

Briscoe
05-01-2013, 10:14 AM
It's an indictment of the OP's mental agility, not your forum behavior.

Doors
05-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Tecmos I already have a thread about this with overwhelming support and lady nilbog stating account selling is eventually coming to an end. Why even troll or post in this one.

I mean Bouncer got banned for MQ, openly admitted to duping plat in Naez's irc channel then bought another account to keep playing with. I'm sure Stealin and other banned TMO are doing the same.

At least make these no lifers level back up and build a rep on a new name.

Hailto
05-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Just look at the east commonland section of the forum : more people selling accounts than actual stuff...
This is getting wrong...

You can find comments of people saying the exact same thing several months after the server launched and here we are today. Some people always need to feel like the sky is falling i guess.

harnold
05-01-2013, 11:10 AM
What do you care what other people do with thir account lol? Stop being completely terrible / a huge bitch or quit if you insist on being so obsessed with what other people do with their characters lol.

Probably the most pathetic person who posted about the server in its whole existance

kotton05
05-01-2013, 11:20 AM
i didnt realize this was new news

Hell is a cold place (velious)

Bamzal Sherbet
05-01-2013, 11:30 AM
how u dupe plat

Nirgon
05-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Harrison laughing hard as hell

SamwiseRed
05-01-2013, 12:16 PM
harrison never forgets.

Hitchens
05-01-2013, 12:36 PM
First world problems.

Autotune
05-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Doors, Stealin didn't cheat. He was part of an elaborate hacking conspiracy involving other TMO members who are clean. The fact he sold his account the very moment it was about to be banned is just a coincidence.

It isn't that TMO has been caught dirty countless times and he's so pathetic that he needs to lie online about his reputation on an elf simulator that is 14 years old now. It isn't that...

Clueless, I gave up the rights to my account almost a year ago. I came back and played on his info for a few months and thought about coming back. My account got flagged about a week or 2 weeks before I decided it wasn't worth it and retired.

You don't know this because you just got back on after your GF left you and took your son.

Gaffin Deeppockets
05-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Clueless, I gave up the rights to my account almost a year ago. I came back and played on his info for a few months and thought about coming back. My account got flagged about a week or 2 weeks before I decided it wasn't worth it and retired.

You don't know this because you just got back on after your GF left you and took your son.

/thread

Nihilist_santa
05-01-2013, 02:42 PM

People who play p99 period have played the game before. We get very few true EQ noobs here so whats your point? Should you just log in as a 60 since we have all played the game before? Go roll on EZ for that shit.

Rhambuk
05-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Tecmos I already have a thread about this with overwhelming support and lady nilbog stating account selling is eventually coming to an end. Why even troll or post in this one.

I mean Bouncer got banned for MQ, openly admitted to duping plat in Naez's irc channel then bought another account to keep playing with. I'm sure Stealin and other banned TMO are doing the same.

At least make these no lifers level back up and build a rep on a new name.

love how after your done with account sales you start this campaign to stop it. so noble of you...

Captivate
05-01-2013, 03:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbl_Gqh0W0w

Gwence
05-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Never saw a problem with rmt personally, kind of a no brainer actually if you dont plan on playing here anymore and someone is willing to pay.

Im sure technically speaking it could lead to the server getting shut down?? I don't know how valid that is though seeing as how it's been going on for 2 years now (at least)? and the server still trucking along.

The GM's have to condemn it openly to save face of course but it doesnt seem like they care about it too much either.

I just cant place all the steps that would need to be taken from a legal standpoint to go after a server because players are selling things to other players for money. It would be a nightmare for the prosecuting party. It's like Warner Bro's trying to come at me for selling DVD's at a garage sale or something.

Captivate
05-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Never saw a problem with rmt personally, kind of a no brainer actually if you dont plan on playing here anymore and someone is willing to pay.

Im sure technically speaking it could lead to the server getting shut down?? I don't know how valid that is though seeing as how it's been going on for 2 years now (at least)? and the server still trucking along.

The GM's have to condemn it openly to save face of course but it doesnt seem like they care about it too much either.

I just cant place all the steps that would need to be taken from a legal standpoint to go after a server because players are selling things to other players for money. It would be a nightmare for the prosecuting party. It's like Warner Bro's trying to come at me for selling DVD's at a garage sale or something.

coming from a player that was one of the 3 dozen that rmt'd thier accounts all at the same time.

Back to eqmac girly man. Come see me on red sometime if you need you eq pixels crushed.

Rellapse10
05-01-2013, 03:44 PM
sup cheaters

Gwence
05-01-2013, 03:44 PM
actually Gwence is still my account and fully geared with all my platinum

but I'll give you a D- for effort though

HeallunRumblebelly
05-01-2013, 03:46 PM
sup cheaters

Relapse why do you keep getting banned :|

Captivate
05-01-2013, 03:48 PM
looks like a bunch of girly men scared to die to another player in a video game. Blue is so boring and fucked up i cant believe you guys waste your time trying to attain pixels... for what again? lol

Rellapse10
05-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Relapse why do you keep getting banned :|

been busy = being banned? sorry i haven't had time to browse these forums while taking a shit lately....rest assured i am dropping a log with tmo's name on it as we speak.

quido
05-01-2013, 03:49 PM
u just get out of jail?

Razdeline
05-01-2013, 03:52 PM
coming from a player that was one of the 3 dozen that rmt'd thier accounts all at the same time.

Back to eqmac girly man. Come see me on red sometime if you need you eq pixels crushed.

Looks like this kid is too much of a pussy to RMT. It's "Awgainst da wulllesss"

Razdeline
grow a sack, go back to red

Rellapse10
nope ...so is FE the new premire raiding guild yet? is Tmo selling off their accounts at a alarming pace?

quido
05-01-2013, 03:54 PM
lol

Captivate
05-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Looks like this kid is too much of a pussy to RMT. It's "Awgainst da wulllesss"

LOL

big tough internet guy not scared to sell an account for a few dollars

how intimidating

Rellapse10
05-01-2013, 03:59 PM
LOL

how intimidating

how is the mom and daddy trust fund kiddie doing today? i see you're stil acting like a tough gangster on elf emulator forum b/c you are just a little skinny punk in real life..

Razdeline
05-01-2013, 04:00 PM
LOL

how intimidating

You're the forum police, intimidate me pls

Captivate
05-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Ive been banned like 5 times. Duno how that makes me forum police.

Keep braggin bout dat rmt brah, you really do sound tough AND cool.

heheheheheheheohohoho

youre killing my sides brah.

Autotune
05-01-2013, 04:16 PM
actually Gwence is still my account and fully geared with all my platinum

but I'll give you a D- for effort though

Yeah. Never seen Gwence for sale or heard about it, so you have to give him that, plenty of other stuff to shit on him about though.

Hitchens
05-01-2013, 04:22 PM

http://i.imgur.com/nshCjcY.jpg

Razdeline
05-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Ive been banned like 5 times. Duno how that makes me forum police.

Keep braggin bout dat rmt brah, you really do sound tough AND cool.

heheheheheheheohohoho

youre killing my sides brah.

That's because I am tough and cool......

Do you even lift?

EnnoiaII
05-01-2013, 06:19 PM
This is getting wrong...

Because no one wants to play on a server where cheaters run rampant and raiding guilds act like fucking children when they lose out on a race to a target. P99 is FAR from how EverQuest was on live. Keep in mind, most of the people playing here were like 10-12 when the game came out, so they never really got to do any of the big league stuff because they sucked, and since they still suck, they resort to zergfesting and bitching. There's just so much of it going on that the staff can't keep up with shutting it all down.

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-01-2013, 10:34 PM
I would highly doubt this server would "die." mmorpg's die because the designers and the company have no idea how to manage a gameworld, and have no idea how to manage a sustainable population.

I played SWTOR. I have seen what must of been tens of thousands of man hours... for what? An online single player game. With a zillion servers. And broken and/or totally derivative high end content as an added treat.

p99 has a solid gold mission identity, ONE server (you know what I mean), and a "classic" game that I am guessing, anyone who plays online games will eventually hear about, and wonder, hmm, what was it like?

I would argue this is one of the most stable game worlds (this community) and ideas (the concept behind p99) I see anywhere even close. I would bitch about specific issues, but not "the server is dying."

The only way that would happen is if the ability to "see what this p99 thing is about" became too hard to do, or people stopped hearing about it, or, Everquest disappeared from the memory of classic online games. I just do not see that happening.

My advice?

Figure out how to market retro gaming to the Chinese. It would be funny to see the population number on the home page all of a sudden read, "Project 1999; Status UP; players 4,000,000,000"

lol

EnnoiaII
05-01-2013, 10:53 PM
I would highly doubt this server would "die." mmorpg's die because the designers and the company have no idea how to manage a gameworld, and have no idea how to manage a sustainable population.

I played SWTOR. I have seen what must of been tens of thousands of man hours... for what? An online single player game. With a zillion servers. And broken and/or totally derivative high end content as an added treat.

p99 has a solid gold mission identity, ONE server (you know what I mean), and a "classic" game that I am guessing, anyone who plays online games will eventually hear about, and wonder, hmm, what was it like?

I would argue this is one of the most stable game worlds (this community) and ideas (the concept behind p99) I see anywhere even close. I would bitch about specific issues, but not "the server is dying."

The only way that would happen is if the ability to "see what this p99 thing is about" became too hard to do, or people stopped hearing about it, or, Everquest disappeared from the memory of classic online games. I just do not see that happening.

My advice?

Figure out how to market retro gaming to the Chinese. It would be funny to see the population number on the home page all of a sudden read, "Project 1999; Status UP; players 4,000,000,000"

lol

All you'd have to do is inform them of the nonexistent punishment for RMT and they'd be all over it.

Kagatob
05-01-2013, 11:01 PM

My advice?

lol
^ that
All you'd have to do is inform them of the nonexistent punishment for RMT and they'd be all over it.

gotrocks
05-02-2013, 12:20 AM
don't think this server could handle a pop of 4 mil >_<

raff01
05-02-2013, 03:23 AM
What do you care what other people do with thir account lol? Stop being completely terrible / a huge bitch or quit if you insist on being so obsessed with what other people do with their characters lol.

Probably the most pathetic person who posted about the server in its whole existance

Funny to have a guy speaking of the whole server existence and who just made up his account...
At least I post with my real account...Usually people with that kind of reaction to threads like this take a personnal insult because they are cheaters.:D

Mandalore93
05-02-2013, 04:33 AM
I'm not sure what P99 chars go for, but I would have to assume it's a pretty low sum...200 maybe? If you think about the amount of mind numbing hours they put into that player, it probably works out to far less than the minimum wage if they're selling a maxed char.

OMGWTF420
05-02-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm not sure what P99 chars go for, but I would have to assume it's a pretty low sum...200 maybe? If you think about the amount of mind numbing hours they put into that player, it probably works out to far less than the minimum wage if they're selling a maxed char.

i know right? people are so fucking sad

Gajkk
05-02-2013, 11:00 AM
I see the so-called "Elite" players are coming out of Qeynos.

harnold
05-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Funny to have a guy speaking of the whole server existence and who just made up his account...
At least I post with my real account...Usually people with that kind of reaction to threads like this take a personnal insult because they are cheaters.:D

unfortunately for you, your just wrong, AGAIN

harnold
05-02-2013, 11:14 AM
raff01 = stupidest person on the forum lol

harnold
05-02-2013, 11:18 AM
and thats saying a lot because harrisons back around

OMGWTF420
05-02-2013, 11:34 AM
anon accounts are so fucking lame. its like..

"OMG I HAVE AN OPINION BUT IM TOO MUCH OF A LITTLE BITCH AND HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CONVICTION AND WILL NOT STAND BEHIND WHAT I SAY, SO I POST ANON AS TO NOT TARNISH MY ELF SIM REPUTATION"

post under your real name or gtfo pussies

raff01
05-02-2013, 02:21 PM
unfortunately for you, your just wrong, AGAIN

Unfortunatly you don't have much of anything backing that up...Your account is new and you only have a few posts...

Nirgon
05-02-2013, 02:27 PM
and thats saying a lot because harrisons back around

Thank the gods. Get some real truth in here.

Rhambuk
05-02-2013, 04:56 PM
can we get a Harrison forum ban?

If he breaks actual rules, yes. If it's just because he's posting that people were caught exploiting - no. He and I have discussed this and he agreed to back off. Now maybe if everyone else will back off (And by the way - quit posting that he's on your ignore list. You feed the problem with that) I think things will be fine.

Macarena
05-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Ive always thought that while buying/selling accounts does reduce the quality of the game as a whole, it would be impossible to regulate, and requiring the GMs and guides to deal with such a non-important issue would be a bad waste of GM resources.

All around it would be a great addition to the server but it is not realistic. Don't worry so much about what other people are doing with their accounts and worry about your own and you won't have a problem.