PDA

View Full Version : Mana Song- Bugged or Shitty?

Kekephee
05-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Watching my mana regen with song, only getting 2 mana per tick. Med (skill lvl 1) should be 1, innate mana regen should be 1, so why am I getting 0 mana from my song? Also noteworthy: no buff icon appearing, but there is a spell message "your mind begins to clear." What's the deal? Wiki says I should be getting 5-7 a tick from the song.

Itap
05-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Bard mana songs do not work on bards

Kekephee
05-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Well ain't that some shit

Alright, thanks Itap

Itap
05-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Well ain't that some shit

Alright, thanks Itap

Np, here's a good quote explaining it better

bards are unaffected by the mana-influencing components of all buffs, debuffs, and other spells and abilities that regenerate or drain mana.

SirAlvarex
05-05-2013, 10:06 PM
..with exception to worn items. Flowing Thought items are the only things that can alter a Bard's mana regeneration.

Splorf22
05-06-2013, 12:24 AM
So it sounds like I need to duel a bard for infinite manataps

SirAlvarex
05-06-2013, 07:55 PM
So it sounds like I need to duel a bard for infinite manataps

Give it a shot, but if it's anything like NPC's the bard will just outright resist your spell cast.

Calabee
05-12-2013, 08:32 AM
erm i get manatapped frequently from enchanter mobs or those amy wars in fear and LOSE mana

quido
05-12-2013, 08:40 AM
you always lose mana - the point is an enc can tap you long after you're out of mana

yeah loraen im sure u didn't know about this!

astuce999
05-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Yeah it's a bug on p99 to lose mana from taps for bards, supposed to be immune. Best example is the named seafury in OoT for epic, you should be able to get at him no problem.

As far as flowing thought is concerned, unfortunately, bards being able to gain more mana through items was a change made during luclin, so on p99 flowing thought shouldnt help bard mana.

thems are the breaks

falkun
05-16-2013, 07:46 AM
What astuce said: FT does not work for bards.

Flowing Thought
Since Luclin shipped, FT has increased from 1, possibly 2, to 15. FT 0->15 is an enormous leap in power for casters and hybrids...yet FT doesn't work on bards. FT is a straight up, across the board, large jump in power for all casting classes...except bards.

Has mob power increased along with FT? Nope. Many times bards/enc have joined groups, adding mana needed for the group to kill without downtime. Now that mana is available to all. Bard/enc mana is no longer necessary to avoid downtime.

Bards lost relative power due to FT itself, and lost power due to secondary effects from FT. What changed with bards? Nothing, bards were forgotten.

http://www.afterlifeguild.org/Thott/retune.php