PDA

View Full Version : possible to adjust loot tables to guild size?

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-05-2013, 04:38 AM
zerg.

we all know what it means.

It means, to have more members than skill.

It would be nice if, say, a guild like TMO, which is, as near as I can tell, a classic zerg guild, get reduced drop rates of desired items as opposed to a guild who plays with skill.

I cannot imagine this would be hard to implement, in such a closed community. Like, a Blade of Carnage can be a .000000000004 percent chance drop rate, as opposed to any other normal human beings who play this game.

Let them dominate the spawns. But at least try to react to that.
Hello, GM? Game Masters?

That means to run the game.

As it stands, you guys have allowed a pure zerg guild dominate your project. Sad, and embarrassing. I would have thought you more creative. But then again, I tend to think everyone is at least as smart as me. My bad.

Kagatob
05-05-2013, 04:58 AM
INB4 RNF

Autotune
05-05-2013, 04:58 AM
zerg.

It would be nice if, say, a guild like TMO, which is, as near as I can tell, a classic zerg guild, get reduced drop rates of desired items as opposed to a guild who plays with skill.

I cannot imagine this would be hard to implement, in such a closed community. Like, a Blade of Carnage can be a .000000000004 percent chance drop rate, as opposed to any other normal human beings who play this game.

Hello, GM? Game Masters?

As it stands, you guys have allowed a pure zerg guild dominate your project. Sad, and embarrassing. I would have thought you more creative. But then again, I tend to think everyone is at least as smart as me. My bad.

TMO could just split into mulitple guilds, use the same vent and still get all the targets with none of the disadvantages.

Many times TMO splits forces for multiple targets while racing on repops, not like it would be anything new for the leadership to implement.

You should think of better ways to take out your frustration on the top guild imo.

DOPE
05-05-2013, 05:33 AM
2/10 would not read again

Versus
05-05-2013, 06:14 AM
This week in review:

Draco - There are 18 players in Plane of Fear.
Naggy - There are 33 players in Nagafen's Lair.
Nexona - There are 53 players in Veeshan's Peak.
Phara Dar - There are 46 players in Veeshan's Peak.
Hoshkar - There are 36 players in Veeshan's Peak.
Sev - There are 33 players in The Emerald Jungle.

Average TMO : 36.5

Cry less and try to know more about what you're talking about next time you make a QQ post. Confirmed 36.5 the new zerg thresh hold.

Versus
05-05-2013, 06:19 AM
After exploiting VP for 2 years straight, getting BIS, they brag about their low numbers in 2013 killing 14 year-old content they cheated to beat.

I'm going to bed, long night shift. You're a dope.

Kagatob
05-05-2013, 06:20 AM
This week in review:

Cry less and try to know more about what you're talking about next time you make a QQ post. Confirmed 36.5 the new zerg thresh hold.

Gauge the system more please.

Also WTF does TMO need with Naggy? It's not bad enough they have enough lvl 60's to camp the server, they also have 33+ lvl 52's parked in SolB? For shame.

Tecmos Deception
05-05-2013, 07:27 AM
This thread is freaking terrible.

Cecily
05-05-2013, 07:30 AM
I think OP has some great ideas, and I'm sure the development team will give those ideas the time and attention they deserve!

koros
05-05-2013, 09:59 AM
This thread is freaking terrible.

FFS, I don't know if I've read a worse thread.

Rhambuk
05-05-2013, 10:39 AM
I think OP has some great ideas, and I'm sure the development team will give those ideas the time and attention they deserve!

/chuckle

Swish
05-05-2013, 10:47 AM
I can see his point, but there were 101 better ways to approach the thread... the idea is what's causing the rustled jimmies I think.

Ele
05-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Blade of carnage sucks anyway.

But if this got implemented just disband guild and use shout and vent. Lol

Ele
05-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Gauge the system more please.

Also WTF does TMO need with Naggy? It's not bad enough they have enough lvl 60's to camp the server, they also have 33+ lvl 52's parked in SolB? For shame.

Fun raid. Play to have fun yeah?

Also bladestoppers, need more bladestoppers.

cyryllis
05-05-2013, 04:13 PM
actually we do need more bladestoppers, or we wouldnt spend hundreds of K buying the few that ever hit the market. also, did you never play classic eq? nothing here is different. If a raid is called, what do we do? Tell members not to come to the raid? Sorry, we have the 20 people needed for the raid, I know you want to participate but it will make our numbers look too high for some scrub that forumquests instead of doing anything in game.

What a poorly thought out, cry baby thread.

Kagatob
05-05-2013, 05:35 PM
actually we do need more bladestoppers, or we wouldnt spend hundreds of K buying the few that ever hit the market. also, did you never play classic eq? nothing here is different.

You get hit in the head between then and now? In classic every guild including the top one had to clear to Naggy just like everyone else. Let the adults do the talking now please. :)

cyryllis
05-05-2013, 05:38 PM
lol we do clear to naggy, but good try. quick, come back and give a better retort! (despite the fact I was referring to turning away members at raids)

Tasslehofp99
05-05-2013, 06:10 PM
There isn't enough logic in the world to defend what tmo has turned p99 into.

Its good to see others finally voice their frustration, unfortunately though there won't be any changes made which inconvenience TMO. For example in VP recently FE was able to learn how TMO was avoiding trains by using z axis exploits. We used there z axis exploit to pull and engage a dragon unhindered, and the very next day GMs announced that using safe z axis spots was no longer allowed.

Kagatob
05-05-2013, 06:17 PM
lol we do clear to naggy, but good try. quick, come back and give a better retort! (despite the fact I was referring to turning away members at raids)

Oh so logging in 33 alts camped at the fire giant bridge and killing 2-4 mobs before engaging him is considered "clearing" now? My mistake. :rolleyes:

xarzzardorn
05-05-2013, 06:24 PM

Its good to see others finally voice their frustration, unfortunately though there won't be any changes made which inconvenience TMO. For example in VP recently FE was able to learn how TMO was avoiding trains by using z axis exploits. We used there z axis exploit to pull and engage a dragon unhindered, and the very next day GMs announced that using safe z axis spots was no longer allowed.

lol

Ele
05-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Oh so logging in 33 alts camped at the fire giant bridge and killing 2-4 mobs before engaging him is considered "clearing" now? My mistake. :rolleyes:

Need to go back and learn to count there chief.

Kagatob
05-06-2013, 03:29 AM
Need to go back and learn to count there chief.

Count what? I have no idea which of the 3 safe spots near Naggy you've camped your raid. Regardless all 3 spots have 2-4 mobs (Counting the named who drops the caster mask) before you can safely engage Naggy. :)

xarzzardorn
05-06-2013, 07:02 AM
Count what? I have no idea which of the 3 safe spots near Naggy you've camped your raid. Regardless all 3 spots have 2-4 mobs (Counting the named who drops the caster mask) before you can safely engage Naggy. :)

http://i.imgur.com/lY5gwpH.png

Kagatob
05-06-2013, 07:07 AM
For a "premier raiding guild" you really know how to camp why the fuck far from the mob you're going to engage. That's not even close to any of the relevant safe spots. :cool:

xarzzardorn
05-06-2013, 07:30 AM
are you high?

jpeute
05-06-2013, 07:59 AM

lol confirmed tassflehof doesnt understand anything...

Alawen
05-06-2013, 09:17 AM
This week in review:

Yes, for classic and Kunark mobs with 32K hit points, 36.5 is a zerg. If you had that many people in one room with 1999 computers and internet connections, people would lag out. If you played classic, you must have forgotten. When Township Rebellion started running around Velious and Luclin with 50 players, they were universally ridiculed.

However, this was always going to be the fate of Project 1999. There are too many knowledgeable raiders trying to play here. The server is unavoidably top heavy.

If it were my call, I'd turn Red 99 into a second PVE server with just classic at the same time Velious releases. I don't hate on PVP, but the red population just doesn't warrant the resource. I think P99 with Velious and new server with classic time line progression would both be even more popular than the very successful blue server is now. Luckily, there are some smart people working on this project and I suspect they have something similar in mind.

Godefroi
05-06-2013, 09:41 AM

Not sure you want to enter a discussion about IQs, my little inbred fellow.

FE used an exploit used for ages by TMO, the day after it was made illegal since TMO cried to GMs, because we had touched their precious phara dar and almost killed him with our heroic crew of 20 :D

Alarti0001
05-06-2013, 09:43 AM

Derp... TMO wasn't engaging dragons up there. We and you were allowed to be semi-safe up on ledges... and you did camp your characters up there for weeks/months. The problem was when you tried to kill a dragon on a ledge which every one knows isnt allowed.

But nice spin!

Alarti0001
05-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Yes, for classic and Kunark mobs with 32K hit points, 36.5 is a zerg. If you had that many people in one room with 1999 computers and internet connections, people would lag out. If you played classic, you must have forgotten. When Township Rebellion started running around Velious and Luclin with 50 players, they were universally ridiculed.

However, this was always going to be the fate of Project 1999. There are too many knowledgeable raiders trying to play here. The server is unavoidably top heavy.

If it were my call, I'd turn Red 99 into a second PVE server with just classic at the same time Velious releases. I don't hate on PVP, but the red population just doesn't warrant the resource. I think P99 with Velious and new server with classic time line progression would both be even more popular than the very successful blue server is now. Luckily, there are some smart people working on this project and I suspect they have something similar in mind.

----variance.

Alarti0001
05-06-2013, 09:45 AM

FE used an exploit used for ages by TMO, the day after it was made illegal since TMO cried to GMs, because we had touched their precious phara dar and almost killed him with our heroic crew of 20 :D

This is wholly untrue. Which is typical for you. TMO has not killed or attempted any VP dragons since Amelinda and Nilbog made it illegal.

However, if the FE masses believe this lie and it allows you to keep going please keep it up as your days are numbered and I'd like you to hang around a bit longer.

Bubbles
05-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Yes, for classic and Kunark mobs with 32K hit points, 36.5 is a zerg. If you had that many people in one room with 1999 computers and internet connections, people would lag out.

1000x this. The 14 year old elf simulator is simply too powerful compared to the original. Bringing 45 to a dragon raid would mean... horrible black screen of death in 1999. This never gets mentioned enough. If you weren't top in the server at your class... an uber guild had 0 use/space for you.

Ambrotos
05-06-2013, 10:04 AM
I held Bubbles hand during our VP raids on live. Bestest healer ever.

I remember bringing 25ish for dragons/raids was a wipe waiting to happen. No filters,full names+guild names, max clipping if I recall, etc etc. One main reason why some guilds on live were able to do more with less, other guilds would zerg and wipe.

Bubbles
05-06-2013, 10:10 AM
I held Bubbles hand during our VP raids on live. Bestest healer ever.

I remember bringing 25ish for dragons/raids was a wipe waiting to happen. No filters,full names+guild names, max clipping if I recall, etc etc. One main reason why some guilds on live were able to do more with less, other guilds would zerg and wipe.

lol When Salty and Alloria posted our VP pix from back when... every single pic me, or anyone in purple, was sitting face against the wall in a corner. Good times! Twitch heals and face-in-wall graphics. EQ at its finest hour. :)

Godefroi
05-06-2013, 10:18 AM
This is wholly untrue. Which is typical for you. TMO has not killed or attempted any VP dragons since Amelinda and Nilbog made it illegal.

However, if the FE masses believe this lie and it allows you to keep going please keep it up as your days are numbered and I'd like you to hang around a bit longer.

My typical answers imply calling Quickfingers a fat and unemployed sad little voyeur (which he is) and also to ask you about how your soulmate hunt on meetic is going.

How is the search on meetic going Alarti ?

No but, jokes apart, you did use the trick in VP before it was made illegal, then when you got pinned down long enough by FE you moved offworld and did the Z axis shit lol, which Sirken said was fine.

Then for the first time, when we played a trick on ya and pulled phara dar up there (which would basically have been a PITA for TMO since we would have sniped phara dars this way), TMO cried like the big bunch of fat nerds that you are and Zeelot prefered to tell Sirken to make it illegal, White knight sloan let the choice be up to him. If you wonder why Zeelot took this decision go ask him !

Now, It's spring, we have a beautiful blue sky and weather here, I had my first BBQ of the year this sunday, and I'll let you rage on your keyboard and answer me, I'm in a good mood :D

Godefroi
05-06-2013, 10:19 AM

Explain this !

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YdFjw33S4QI?version=3&amp;hl=fr_FR"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YdFjw33S4QI?version=3&amp;hl=fr_FR" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

White Ranger
05-06-2013, 10:26 AM
zerg.

Hello, GM? Game Masters?

I'm not quite sure I understand due to the autistic nature of this post but I believe the OP is trying to say TMO should be rewarded with better loots for killing Druushk with 25 this morning. I agree.

jpeute
05-06-2013, 10:33 AM

just another stupid reply from u....as always...sad :(

xarzzardorn
05-06-2013, 10:34 AM
My typical answers imply calling Quickfingers a fat and unemployed sad little voyeur (which he is) and also to ask you about how your soulmate hunt on meetic is going.

No but, jokes apart, you did use the trick in VP before it was made illegal, then when you got pinned down long enough by FE you moved offworld and did the Z axis shit lol, which Sirken said was fine.

Then for the first time, when we played a trick on ya and pulled phara dar up there (which would basically have been a PITA for TMO since we would have sniped phara dars this way), TMO cried like the big bunch of fat nerds that you are and Zeelot prefered to tell Sirken to make it illegal, White knight sloan let the choice be up to him. If you wonder why Zeelot took this decision go ask him !

Now, It's spring, we have a beautiful blue sky and weather here, I had my first BBQ of the year this sunday, and I'll let you rage on your keyboard and answer me, I'm in a good mood :D

your guild is dead bro :o

Godefroi
05-06-2013, 10:48 AM
your guild is dead bro :o

http://i41.tinypic.com/359l7b5.png

http://i44.tinypic.com/35mr4a8.png

2 traks back 2 back for the "dead guild", you got last one (thanks luck or ShowEQ :D ? Who else than stealin got banned last wave lol, looks like some are still missing)

Keep spinning bra

KEEP THE NERD RAGE FLOWINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

OMGWTF420
05-06-2013, 10:54 AM
feeling better now that you got that out?

Alarti0001
05-06-2013, 10:56 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/359l7b5.png

http://i44.tinypic.com/35mr4a8.png

2 traks back 2 back for the "dead guild", you got last one (thanks luck or ShowEQ :D ? Who else than stealin got banned last wave lol, looks like some are still missing)

Keep spinning bra

Are you sure about this 2 traks claim?

OMGWTF420
05-06-2013, 10:58 AM
god damnit now look what you've done

Alarti0001
05-06-2013, 11:00 AM

Lol tard.... we didn't try to kill a dragon up there. Like you tried with PD. It wasn't a trick you pulled on us... your plan was to kill a PD and hope the loot didn't get destroyed while you feigned ignorance of the rules. What heroes you are!

kotton05
05-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Yes 2 traks in a row, grats on last one TMO

Think we killed druushk with 23? Or something real close...

As for the OP wtf man, you think certain guilds should be nerfed... I know while I did raid leading in FC we'd have 30 for a hate clear... So it's not just Tmo/fe that pull Zerg like numbers.... You sir need to step away from the keyboard and then look in the mirror...

kotton05
05-06-2013, 09:06 PM
god damnit now look what you've done

We could make a post about how awesome crushbone is as a zone and 2 days later its a Tmo/fe hate thread.

Also hope the job works out tarathiel I'm rooting for ya

Alarti0001
05-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Yes 2 traks in a row, grats on last one TMO

Are you sure?

kotton05
05-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Are you sure?

Are you being picky alarti. Should I say you got last one and we got the two befor that? Or are you referring to the nature of the one being trainfest and the petition? Cause I'm certain we just got two before the one on Sunday.

Alarti0001
05-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Are you being picky alarti. Should I say you got last one and we got the two befor that? Or are you referring to the nature of the one being trainfest and the petition? Cause I'm certain we just got two before the one on Sunday.

I am not being picky.....

kotton05
05-06-2013, 09:12 PM
I am not being picky.....

Then what you hinting at if it isn't a flaw in the statement about getting 2 in a row.

xarzzardorn
05-06-2013, 09:35 PM
my money is on unbrelle actively sabotaging his own guild rather than not paying attention to lair lol

Alarti0001
05-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Then what you hinting at if it isn't a flaw in the statement about getting 2 in a row.

Maybe it is a flaw in the statement about getting 2 in a row.

kotton05
05-06-2013, 10:10 PM
my money is on unbrelle actively sabotaging his own guild rather than not paying attention to lair lol

Rofl +1 I think that's a very reasonable statement, pretty sure Brella was in Boston during the marathon too ;) ...was there an argument about this last trak I miss or some shit?

And alarti we got two in a row do you want proof!!? But our two in a row ended with this last one. Is that more correct

Rhambuk
05-06-2013, 10:23 PM
was there repop between the two...

the suspense!

Alarti0001
05-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Rofl +1 I think that's a very reasonable statement, pretty sure Brella was in Boston during the marathon too ;) ...was there an argument about this last trak I miss or some shit?

And alarti we got two in a row do you want proof!!? But our two in a row ended with this last one. Is that more correct

Yes I want proof :)

Alarti0001
05-06-2013, 11:24 PM
Yes I want proof :)

* correction I want proof that your kept the ruling after your illegal train.

Strifer
05-07-2013, 02:14 AM
zerg.

Hello, GM? Game Masters?

http://i.imgur.com/o9jOfrO.gif

Rellapse10
05-07-2013, 02:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/o9jOfrO.gif

why did you post Sodapop's RL pic??

Clark
05-07-2013, 02:17 AM

Strifer
05-07-2013, 02:18 AM
why did you post Sodapop's RL pic??

http://i.imgur.com/PEBF7nk.gif

Clark
05-07-2013, 02:19 AM

Keep spinning bra

Strifer
05-07-2013, 02:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/OUzKT7l.jpg

Rellapse10
05-07-2013, 02:25 AM
Dredge ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Strifer
05-07-2013, 02:26 AM
Dredge ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://i.imgur.com/OdUI6ow.gif

Servellious
05-07-2013, 02:33 AM

would be pretty sweet if they opened a new blue server by the same crew. Maybe with some different raid rules so it doesnt get turned into a cellphone ringing raiding scene.

Strifer
05-07-2013, 02:36 AM
would be pretty sweet if they opened a new blue server by the same crew. Maybe with some different raid rules so it doesnt get turned into a cellphone ringing raiding scene.

http://i.imgur.com/svNSBLn.gif

Clark
05-07-2013, 02:38 AM
http://s9.postimg.org/mdxirnokf/cell_phone_booth.jpg

Rellapse10
05-07-2013, 02:39 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTF-OdKHGwnzAlMu8C66OnIA_7rmN-0pDuUWzolKSbCrkdR9ws1TA

Cecily
05-07-2013, 07:36 AM
http://static.stuff.co.nz/1328748464/286/6391286.jpg