PDA

View Full Version : Where to go (35 Enchanter)

Malone88
05-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Hi All,

Looking for some recommendations on places to find groups for a level 35 Enchanter.
Currently, I'm parked at Mistmoore, but CE groups don't seem to be forming anymore.

Are there many groups in these locations and am I at the right level?

SolA
SolB
Lower Guk
City of Mist

Thanks in advance,

Selenia

Splorf22
05-14-2013, 04:05 PM
On red with mediocre equipment I was able to solo the CE at MM easily at 35 (its possible but risky starting at 33 or so).

Sol A is kind of annoying in my opinion with the horrible pathing.

Sol B will really open up at 40, when you can charm solo the regular kobolds and group for the royals and will continue to be awesome all the way to 60 (efreeti area).

Lower Guk you could probably handle a BR group at 35, but 40+ is preferred when you can start doing the early parts of the undead areas.

City of Mist I remember as being more of a 40+ zone as well.

A couple of things you could try: CT sewers, Splitpaw (entrance, then eventually the Ishva Mal area), or Kaesora (definitely grouped at 35. At 40 its probably a reasonable solo. and the xp mod is insane).

Malone88
05-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the advice, Loraen.

Tried SolB last night with Warrior+druid and it was tough. Definitely
can't solo there. SolA looked like a lot of greenies to me.

So, I think LGuk is my next spot. Am hoping the entrance frogs will
be soloable for me, so I can bide my LFG time there offering buffs
to the zone ;p

Enjoyed your guide, immensely.

Selenia

Pyrion
05-16-2013, 06:40 AM
Go to the giant fort in FM, usually enchanters are very welcome there.

falkun
05-16-2013, 07:56 AM
FM's xp mod is horrible, and kunark mobs generally have higher HP than their classic counterparts. Nurga/Droga I can understand, but giant fort? really?

CE should be soloable around 35, LGuk dead zone-in to BR should all be blue, but shaman wreak havoc. I'm interested in trying Nurga. Also, Uguk back by the live side zone in, near AC, has shins that should be DB. I clear that area regularly on my paladin for fantastic EXP, should be easier for an enc.

Malone88
05-16-2013, 05:09 PM
Thanks Falkun.

Tried Splitpaw last night both solo and with group (bard+shaman). Solo a little rough, but group did well especially with healer backup. Most dogs DB or LB. Discovered that a hasted Tesch Mal Gnoll with a Gnoll Whip is OP :)

Will hit up UGuk and LGuk soon I hope...Not really up for Kunark at this point because I've heard it's less crowded and mobs are tougher.

Selenia

reddi lol
05-17-2013, 07:02 PM
I did mistmoore graveyard then the mobs on the floor before ramp up to castle 35-40 ish.

Moved to guk soloing ass/sup area (bridge to ass/sup)

Thens charmed a solB bat and Did work on kobolds

pasi
05-17-2013, 07:04 PM
Undead Knight of Unrest/Tower camp might be the best exp for casters until 40. Basically 2 Hags on a 6 minute respawn. Hags only have like 600 or so health (3 nukes). Time and hit them with a mez when they respawn so they won't have rune/shielding. for knight, just make sure your pet eats the HT (open with root on him so he will lifetap you which will make pet aggro).

The ZEM is one of the largest ZEMs in the game, and you can simply jump off and gate (bind outside) or jump off and zone if things go bad.

Formal
11-02-2013, 02:11 AM
Downside of Unrest/Tower camp is they cast spells way over their level (ie. I was getting hit with Force Strike when they're level 30 or so). Generally the first spell they cast eats my Berserker and Rune III. Luckily it's only 2 casts to take them down, but what's the point of fast respawns if I can't meditate my mana/hp back before they pop again? I think CE will work better. At least I can manage a pet there or something. Maybe the hags are different if I'm using a summoned pet.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
11-02-2013, 02:58 AM
Fear kite in FV using a hasted Pirate pet. Shits insane.

Crede
11-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Your list looks decent for groups. Really not that many grouping options in the early levels.

If we're talking about soloing/duoing then...

The thing that concerns me about Unrest is the availability. It's one of the most overcrowded zones in the game. From the yard trash all the way up.

I'm going with Yumyums on FV. Essentially infinite mobs there. I have found that both charm-break solo method and fear kiting with charmed pirate pet work pretty good, although I prefer fear kiting with a snarer.

Hope that helps

Snagglepuss
11-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Undead Knight of Unrest/Tower camp might be the best exp for casters until 40. Basically 2 Hags on a 6 minute respawn. Hags only have like 600 or so health (3 nukes). Time and hit them with a mez when they respawn so they won't have rune/shielding. for knight, just make sure your pet eats the HT (open with root on him so he will lifetap you which will make pet aggro).

The ZEM is one of the largest ZEMs in the game, and you can simply jump off and gate (bind outside) or jump off and zone if things go bad.

This is easily the best exp in the game for the level. I did 34 to 40 in a weekend soloing there. At 39 the mobs go LB, but it's still awesome exp. At 40 you need to move to the deep basement or find a new home.

The hardest part is dealing with the middle spawn / knight named because he harm touches. The two hags on the opposite sides of the room are on standard outdoor timers. The middle spawn is on something close to a 25 minute spawn. When breaking the room, just charm the middle one after pacifying the room and send him in against one of the hags. I often would suicide one of them just to save mana to break the camp. There is a roamer outside in the hallway so it can be used as a pet against the named or you can kill it for exp too when you are closer to 40 and can handle the camp easily. Sitting by the pot in the room allows you be out of aggro range.

Ultimately, when dealing with the hags, the "secret" is using your lowest level AE stun spell Color Flux because it has a casting time of 1 second. Force Shock is 2 seconds I believe so you can beat any hag who is casting. ALWAYS DISPELL OR MEZ THEM BEFORE THEY THEY BUFF. This takes away about a third of their hps and puts them at under 550 hps or around 2 casts of Anarchy to die. I always would start out with Mez when they pop. (Remember they dont' start buffing for a tick when they spawn). If they are up, I cast dispell on them to take off Rune, Shielding, and DS. If you mez them after they are buffed, it goes to the bottom of their spell order so you can cast taper enchantment 3 times to clear all their buffs and still have them mezzed.

When engaging, I would run up next to the mezzed hag and cast anarchy. Immediately mash color flux until it refreshes, then take a couple steps back and start casting mez. The hag will almost always start casting instead of chasing you. You'll land the mez while they are casting and can then cast another nuke to kill them.

Repeat this process for hours and keep track of the named in the middle. I'd usually just charm a hag and send them into the named to eat the HT. You can break charm and kill both or just suicide one if you are feeling lazy or closer to level 34. Sometimes that's the wiser of the two. Yet if you are super twinked and have a high mana pool. Root nuking the named works too. Just remember to have something eat the 250pt HT. I think I had 20+ blood stained mantles and 3 blood stained tunics by time I was done.

fishingme
11-20-2013, 09:59 AM
you can do lguk entrance all the way to 40 at your level.

Malphite
11-20-2013, 10:13 AM
FV pirates. Charm the cartographer, and you can solo or duo with a snare class. I did that on my wizard, i'd duo with a chanter there and some of the quickest exp i've ever had going to 41

ReoDobbs
11-25-2013, 08:00 PM
This is easily the best exp in the game for the level. I did 34 to 40 in a weekend soloing there. At 39 the mobs go LB, but it's still awesome exp. At 40 you need to move to the deep basement or find a new home.

The hardest part is dealing with the middle spawn / knight named because he harm touches. The two hags on the opposite sides of the room are on standard outdoor timers. The middle spawn is on something close to a 25 minute spawn. When breaking the room, just charm the middle one after pacifying the room and send him in against one of the hags. I often would suicide one of them just to save mana to break the camp. There is a roamer outside in the hallway so it can be used as a pet against the named or you can kill it for exp too when you are closer to 40 and can handle the camp easily. Sitting by the pot in the room allows you be out of aggro range.

Ultimately, when dealing with the hags, the "secret" is using your lowest level AE stun spell Color Flux because it has a casting time of 1 second. Force Shock is 2 seconds I believe so you can beat any hag who is casting. ALWAYS DISPELL OR MEZ THEM BEFORE THEY THEY BUFF. This takes away about a third of their hps and puts them at under 550 hps or around 2 casts of Anarchy to die. I always would start out with Mez when they pop. (Remember they dont' start buffing for a tick when they spawn). If they are up, I cast dispell on them to take off Rune, Shielding, and DS. If you mez them after they are buffed, it goes to the bottom of their spell order so you can cast taper enchantment 3 times to clear all their buffs and still have them mezzed.

When engaging, I would run up next to the mezzed hag and cast anarchy. Immediately mash color flux until it refreshes, then take a couple steps back and start casting mez. The hag will almost always start casting instead of chasing you. You'll land the mez while they are casting and can then cast another nuke to kill them.

Repeat this process for hours and keep track of the named in the middle. I'd usually just charm a hag and send them into the named to eat the HT. You can break charm and kill both or just suicide one if you are feeling lazy or closer to level 34. Sometimes that's the wiser of the two. Yet if you are super twinked and have a high mana pool. Root nuking the named works too. Just remember to have something eat the 250pt HT. I think I had 20+ blood stained mantles and 3 blood stained tunics by time I was done.

My level 20 calm seems to get resisted more often than not....since I can't seem to calm the whole room without drawing aggro I'm not sure how exactly this is supposed to work. Killing the side hags seems easy enough but it's breaking the room with a middle spawn at level 35 is what's making this difficult.

Edit: seemed to have originally had really bad luck. Calm still seems to get resisted 1/3rd of the time but it rarely draws aggro. Once the room is broken it is pretty easy, though sometimes you won't get color flux off before you get cast on but as long as berserker/rune is on it's not a big deal. Thanks!

Calaf
12-24-2013, 01:04 AM
Thanks for pointing out this great camp. XP is great though it does feel like I am standing around watching paint dry. The key to success is the Level 4 mez and Level 4 stun. You can easily recover Mana long before the next round.

At 36 I was getting around 5% XP and cycle
At 37 Its more like 3-4% a cycle

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-24-2013, 10:14 AM
FV pirates. Charm the cartographer, and you can solo or duo with a snare class. I did that on my wizard, i'd duo with a chanter there and some of the quickest exp i've ever had going to 41

Pretty sure this was with my enchanter, Lemonspoon.

Seriously though, I think I was doing a level per hour in this zone with pirate pets. There was no other level that was ever as fast.

Craige83
01-19-2014, 08:42 AM
Can you give an approx. /Loc of these pirates? I have run around most of the zone and could not see anything worth charming.

Lojik
01-19-2014, 11:34 AM
Can you give an approx. /Loc of these pirates? I have run around most of the zone and could not see anything worth charming.

If you're not KOS in FV, start at the bridge, face away from the outpost, then hug the coastline to your right. You should be running along cliffs. If you keep running and don't see pirates eventually I don't know what to tell you.

DrKvothe
01-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Tons of shamans soloing in CoM stables/temple/entrance for epic faction. I'm not sure at what level you can reliably charm there, but I remember duoing with enchanters just for clarity and to keep my pet from eating exp. 35 might be a bit low, but not by much.

Tuljin
01-19-2014, 01:42 PM
unrest basement really isn't camped too often, especially the deeper part. you don't have to worry about breaking it up cause most of the pulls you can take one at a time. the tower usually has someone camping it, but the basement not so much. just be careful the tentacles don't smack you around, fight them in that little hallway between the first basement room and the lava floor room or the first hallway after the hidden staircase behind the fake bookshelf.