PDA

View Full Version : Mage pet level + afk leveling

Karbuk
05-17-2013, 04:46 PM
I almost go through an entire stack of malachite to even get 1 of my top 3 hitting pets and the majority are all the weakest pets. Shouldnt it be random? its clearly not and why to have the higher pets be harder to summon is beyond me. and AFK leveling is a disaster..You did nothing but screw all mages who enjoyd soloing needing 51 percent damage to a mob to get full exp or most of it.

Heres an easy fix....you do at least 1 damage to the mob yourself or you get ZERO exp. Wow problem fixed that was tough.

Instead you actually hurt the people who WANT to play instead of afk levelers...What in the hell do afk levelers care at what rate they get their exp nerfed...they arent even THERE. Could afk level for 2 days it wouldnt matter. you only hurt the people who actually sit there and play.

Perhaps I should put this is the bugs section.....

Hackscendence
05-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Mad because classic dynamics on classic server?

Blame Verant.

Karbuk
05-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Pets were random on classic I never had this much trouble summoning a pet..and the pet nerf wasnt there either from what I recall.

Karbuk
05-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Im sure it was something implemented here...BOTH of my issues were never an issue in live...3-4 summons at most id have a max pet..I havent had a max pet in ages cuz i get tired of trying and stick with 3rd best or maybe 2nd

Karbuk
05-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Mad because classic dynamics on classic server?

Blame Verant.

Check out splorf post on pet nukes as well...pets nuked a lot more than they do here...changes were made..all the issues i mentioned were not Verants doings

this user was banned
05-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Ever considered grouping instead? This is a MMO after all.

fohkure
05-17-2013, 05:30 PM
pet exp nerf is classic. nothing to see here

Karbuk
05-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Ever considered grouping instead? This is a MMO after all.

Sure but the option to solo is nice...I dont have to group lol

Karbuk
05-17-2013, 05:44 PM
pet exp nerf is classic. nothing to see here

Classic for like 2004 lol

Karbuk
05-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Classic for like 2004 lol

Im near positive it was in the luclin era or maybe even after pets ate exp 50-60 percent if you didnt do half damage..99-2000 my pet would do most of the work because hes part of the mages class and you suck without him. I clearly remember 1 nuke here and there and pet to do easily 70 percent of the damage and getting great chunks of exp.

Razdeline
05-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Pets damage was nerfed here. It's a p99 custom thing. Not classic. I believe their melee damage/mitigation was tweaked as well.

Karbuk
05-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Pets damage was nerfed here. It's a p99 custom thing. Not classic. I believe their melee damage/mitigation was tweaked as well.

I had a feeling..my next question would be why mess with that at all lol...classic EQ server leave it classic. Was nothin wrong with the way it was :P cant argue OP there are a few ultra OP classes with no nerf heh

Recycled Children
05-17-2013, 06:26 PM
So because you hold some high regard for wasting time you demonize those who take advantage of a game mechanic?

Karbuk
05-17-2013, 06:34 PM

Also the small issue with pet summoning levels...That I do not remember at all. I cant even remember the last time I had a max pet summon :/

Karbuk
05-17-2013, 06:37 PM
AFK leveling is exploiting.

Stop being a faggot.

Lol janitor you beat me! I had plans on no reply at all but this works well too

Razdeline
05-17-2013, 07:23 PM
I did dig this up, though. You can read the rest of the thread here:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49674&highlight=damage&page=2
I do wonder how they quantify pets being classic, would be nice to see some comparable data.

Pets on the other emulators are generally are very wrong.. and very much in the OP category.

They aren't that far from classically accurate on p99 now. I think some additional work on npc vs pet hate is needed, but the damage and ac are correct.

And you can see your elementals using the classic models. Choose it in Options, uncheck Luclin elementals and horses. Alternately, you can change UseLuclinElementals=TRUE to UseLuclinElementals=FALSE in your eqclient.ini file.

Karbuk
05-17-2013, 07:49 PM
I did dig this up, though. You can read the rest of the thread here:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49674&highlight=damage&page=2
I do wonder how they quantify pets being classic, would be nice to see some comparable data.

Yeah the pet nukes are a little off I think and the summoning is a bit of a pain...I get a ton of low pets...wish it was random or at least i think it should be totally random which pet level you summon.

Recycled Children
05-17-2013, 07:55 PM
AFK leveling is exploiting.

Stop being a faggot.

LOL keep riding that high horse, geek.