PDA

View Full Version : The bible is not a history book.

Kagatob
05-19-2013, 02:42 AM
I'll pick an obscure though significant one to start off with.

Israelites, Moses, Pyramids, Passover.

Taking the earliest possible date for Jewish slavery that the Bible suggests, the Jews were enslaved by Egypt a good three hundred years after the 1750 B.C. completion date of the pyramids. That's if they were enslaved at all, while there is certainly evidence that they resided in and around Egypt at that time before their migration, the growing number of archaeological discoveries during the past decade in the area suggests Israelites held a position of power and privilege in Egypt, then a new Pharaoh took over and gave them the same status as the peasants and either forced them out or with their new lower status they themselves decided to exodus.

P.S. I'll save Nocturne the trouble before he argues wagon wheels in the sea, you'd better convert to Mormon then buddy because they've discovered those in the deep Atlantic too.

Recycled Children
05-19-2013, 02:43 AM
ITT: Commie gets mad when people report history of communism to a dumb commie.

Kagatob
05-19-2013, 02:47 AM

?

Daldolma
05-19-2013, 02:52 AM
thread title absolutely correct

history books vulnerable to bias, incomplete information

bible objective fact

GODPARTICLE
05-19-2013, 02:54 AM
Yea if the Jews werent slaves then why did God have to unleash 10 plagues on the Egyptians?

Daldolma
05-19-2013, 03:00 AM
Yea if the Jews werent slaves then why did God have to unleash 10 plagues on the Egyptians?

does not make 1 lick of sense, this whole theory is falling apart

Kagatob
05-19-2013, 03:09 AM
1 Kings 6:1 states that king Solomon began to build his temple 480 years after the Exodus which puts it at odds with other Biblical timelines and puts that event during the reign of one of Egypt's strongest monarchs.

GODPARTICLE
05-19-2013, 03:11 AM
yea but dont you know whats buried under solomons temple?

Kagatob
05-19-2013, 03:14 AM
yea but dont you know whats buried under solomons temple?

You sure don't. No excavations have been allowed on the Temple Mount during modern times.

Kagatob
05-19-2013, 03:15 AM
It also says that bats are birds and that rabbits chew cud...

GODPARTICLE
05-19-2013, 03:16 AM
and do you know for what just reason they are trying to hide?

GODPARTICLE
05-19-2013, 03:18 AM
the bible is the only book i have ever read

not much else worth reading unfortunately. maybe twain, since he wrote a better version of genesis turning it into a thesis on the stupidity of women

GODPARTICLE
05-19-2013, 03:21 AM
http://classiclit.about.com/library/bl-etexts/mtwain/bl-mtwain-exadam-1.htm

Kagatob
05-19-2013, 03:22 AM
Considering there's no evidence or mention of these plagues anywhere outside the bible itself you are dealing with the fallacy of trying to prove the bible with the bible. :)
and do you know for what just reason they are trying to hide?

This isn't legible English, I don't know what you're asking.

GODPARTICLE
05-19-2013, 03:23 AM
Summary of your report:
0 critical mistakes were found in your writing:

http://www.grammarbase.com/check/#

Kagatob
05-19-2013, 04:39 AM
Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Especially the poisonous ones. :rolleyes:

GODPARTICLE
05-19-2013, 04:40 AM
+free will to not eat poisonous ones

GODPARTICLE
05-19-2013, 04:41 AM
+by intelligently designing us to know stuff is poisonous cuz tastes bad

Kagatob
05-19-2013, 04:46 AM
+by intelligently designing us to know stuff is poisonous cuz tastes bad

Implying all poisonous plants taste bad (they do not), and that some won't kill you with just a taste (they can). :cool:

GODPARTICLE
05-19-2013, 04:56 AM
thats atheist propaganda

quido
05-19-2013, 05:01 AM
The Bible, 549th edition

had to iron out all the contradictions and possibly subversive notions

Kagatob
05-19-2013, 05:01 AM
thats atheist propaganda

1 Kings 7:23 And he made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about.

PI = 3!

Kagatob
05-19-2013, 05:32 AM
King David collects ten thousand drams (also known as darics) for the construction of the temple in Jerusalem.

1 Chronicles 29:7 And gave for the service of the house of God of gold five thousand talents and ten thousand drams, and of silver ten thousand talents, and of brass eighteen thousand talents, and one hundred thousand talents of iron.

This is particularly interesting since darics were coins named after King Darius I who lived some five hundred years after David.

gotrocks
05-19-2013, 06:38 AM
arguing about this is like arguing with two bricks walls...

no one will ever see the others point. period. (no matter how silly it may be to stick to the words in the bible like a blind zealot. or any religious text for that matter).

Religion serves an effective purpose (as it always has). To explain the unknown (ie, death, creation), to establish a basic moral code and guidance in everyday life, and to fill a void within us that may otherwise go unfulfilled with spirituality.

When it accomplishes this, fantastic. When we get things like scientology, mormonism, the crusades, religious muslim jihad, any sort of ethnic cleansing, and the catholic church (those guys are fucking *bastards*, look it up), that's when i start wanting to gather up all those people and have their brains rewired.

Rhambuk
05-19-2013, 08:22 AM
there are what 5 or 6 threads on this nonsense?

just let christianity die so we can move on with the real world please

Hasbinbad
05-19-2013, 12:30 PM
The Bible, 549th edition

had to iron out some of the contradictions and possibly subversive notions
ftfy

Ahldagor
05-19-2013, 03:17 PM
http://books.google.com/books?id=Sp1Xg56eUgsC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

quido
05-19-2013, 03:19 PM
ftfy

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYRBzEmpxIDl68Ldj7X1x1Zp0Sfk5C7 SbNgVJVgAfZgxAmxcTG

Safon
05-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Oh hey it's this thread again

Mortiiss
05-19-2013, 03:29 PM
http://infobeautiful3.s3.amazonaws.com/2013/02/iib_rhetological_fallacies_EN.png

Mortiiss
05-19-2013, 03:31 PM
That's why I ignore all these creationist/history paralleling retards on here. Your arguments/explanations have nothing backing them and they are all rhetorical fallacies.

The bible is not a history book.

Eliseus
05-19-2013, 03:39 PM
OP is right. I'm glad I went out of my way to read his post today with no facts to support your evidence and him being a credible source in the matter. I don't know what I would of ever done with my belief towards the Bible if I didn't come by this post on an emulated server board with your superb knowledge.

Let's not even put by us also the many historical facts that HAVE been pointed out to of existed in the bible.

Science has also proven that a God could/may exist based off the fact that with the advancement in technology, that one day man may be able to perform these so called miracles and works of gods like the creation of a planet (not really what OP was about, but thought it was pretty interesting).

In the end, OP is a genius, more of the World needs him, because without him and his wise knowledge, we are all going to decline down this belief that everything that happened in the Bible is true.

quido
05-19-2013, 03:46 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-J-QiCfm3ELs/TjbCOrPSJpI/AAAAAAAAFtU/_JrWGOTfhSE/s1600/beavis.christ.jpg

Mortiiss
05-19-2013, 03:47 PM
There are a lot of historical events referenced in the bible.

You can't ignore them because you hate Christianity. (Well, you can. But you'd look like a Jeremy)

Spotlight + ad hominem. "The bible has some history, therefore it is a history book."

"Your arguments don't matter because you hate Christianity."

Stop appealing to fear.

Ahldagor
05-19-2013, 03:48 PM
best part of all of this is that all of us have faith/trust in that we're correct. believing in nothing or believing in something is still believing.

Mortiiss
05-19-2013, 03:49 PM
best part of all of this is that all of us have faith/trust in that we're correct. believing in nothing or believing in something is still believing.

Ok? The fuck does that matter?

Eliseus
05-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Spotlight + ad hominem. "The bible has some history, therefore it is a history book."

Stop appealing to fear.

Many things are just theories in the world yet we choose to believe that are actually true. For example, there has never been any proof that the idea of tectonic plates is actually what is really happening, yet, that is our answer to why all the random crap involved with them is happening. We throw it down in our books in school to study, it even has some sort of "history" behind it. Should we also throw that out even though its a logical sound reason though it has no actual evidence and may be completely wrong?

I don't know where you are trying to get out with your random comments.

Stop appealing to bigotry.

Mortiiss
05-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Many things are just theories in the world yet we choose to believe that are actually true. For example, there has never been any proof that the idea of tectonic plates is actually what is really happening, yet, that is our answer to why all the random crap involved with them is happening. We throw it down in our books in school to study, it even has some sort of "history" behind it. Should we also throw that out even though its a logical sound reason though it has no actual evidence and may be completely wrong?

I don't know where you are trying to get out with your random comments.

Stop appealing to bigotry.

You're jumping to conclusions and assuming here. First of all, I'm not trying to get anything out of my "random comments" - I'm simply presenting how I view all of these people using the people as a history book. I feel that my stance has a nice logical backing behind it, and I stand by it.

Secondly, never once did I say we should throw anything out anywhere. I may have said that in posts in the past, but that was purely out of trolling given the thread contents. Since this thread is more serious, I'm giving some serious responses.

Hope that helps clear up the assumptions you've got going on there, I'm no bigot. People can practice whatever they want, I don't care, but I do appreciate facts.

Mortiiss
05-19-2013, 03:57 PM
*using the bible as a history book

Sorry, typo.

Eliseus
05-19-2013, 03:58 PM
You're jumping to conclusions and assuming here. First of all, I'm not trying to get anything out of my "random comments" - I'm simply presenting how I view all of these people using the people as a history book. I feel that my stance has a nice logical backing behind it, and I stand by it.

Secondly, never once did I say we should throw anything out anywhere. I may have said that in posts in the past, but that was purely out of trolling given the thread contents. Since this thread is more serious, I'm giving some serious responses.

Hope that helps clear up the assumptions you've got going on there, I'm no bigot. People can practice whatever they want, I don't care, but I do appreciate facts.

Oh I understand, sorry for jumping to conclusions.

Mortiiss
05-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Oh I understand, sorry for jumping to conclusions.

No problem, you are forgiven.

GODPARTICLE
05-19-2013, 04:03 PM
higgs boson proof of Jesus christ's divinity on earth

Ahldagor
05-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Ok? The fuck does that matter?

argument based on fact comes from a trust of the facts that would lead to an empirical argument, right? yall are arguing history which is knowable and untainted by political powers of the time/day, right?

Aph. 125 The madman.—Have you not heard of that madman who lit a lantern in the bright morning hours, ran to the market place, and cried incessantly: "I seek God! I seek God!"—As many of those who did not believe in God were standing around just then, he provoked much laughter. Has he got lost? asked one. Did he lose his way like a child? asked another. Or is he hiding? Is he afraid of us? Has he gone on a voyage? emigrated?—Thus they yelled and laughed.

The madman jumped into their midst and pierced them with his eyes. "Whither is God?" he cried; "I will tell you. We have killed him—you and I. All of us are his murderers. But how did we do this? How could we drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What were we doing when we unchained this earth from its sun? Whither is it moving now? Whither are we moving? Away from all suns? Are we not plunging continually? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions? Is there still any up or down? Are we not straying as through an infinite nothing? Do we not feel the breath of empty space? Has it not become colder? Is not night continually closing in on us? Do we not need to light lanterns in the morning? Do we hear nothing as yet of the noise of the gravediggers who are burying God? Do we smell nothing as yet of the divine decomposition? Gods, too, decompose. God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.

"How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it? There has never been a greater deed; and whoever is born after us—for the sake of this deed he will belong to a higher history than all history hitherto."

Here the madman fell silent and looked again at his listeners; and they, too, were silent and stared at him in astonishment. At last he threw his lantern on the ground, and it broke into pieces and went out. "I have come too early," he said then; "my time is not yet. This tremendous event is still on its way, still wandering; it has not yet reached the ears of men. Lightning and thunder require time; the light of the stars requires time; deeds, though done, still require time to be seen and heard. This deed is still more distant from them than the most distant stars and yet they have done it themselves."

It has been related further that on the same day the madman forced his way into several churches and there struck up his requiem aeternam deo. Led out and called to account, he is said always to have replied nothing but: "What after all are these churches now if they are not the tombs and sepulchers of God?"

Mortiiss
05-19-2013, 04:14 PM
argument based on fact comes from a trust of the facts that would lead to an empirical argument, right? yall are arguing history which is knowable and untainted by political powers of the time/day, right?

Aph. 125 The madman.—Have you not heard of that madman who lit a lantern in the bright morning hours, ran to the market place, and cried incessantly: "I seek God! I seek God!"—As many of those who did not believe in God were standing around just then, he provoked much laughter. Has he got lost? asked one. Did he lose his way like a child? asked another. Or is he hiding? Is he afraid of us? Has he gone on a voyage? emigrated?—Thus they yelled and laughed.

The madman jumped into their midst and pierced them with his eyes. "Whither is God?" he cried; "I will tell you. We have killed him—you and I. All of us are his murderers. But how did we do this? How could we drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What were we doing when we unchained this earth from its sun? Whither is it moving now? Whither are we moving? Away from all suns? Are we not plunging continually? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions? Is there still any up or down? Are we not straying as through an infinite nothing? Do we not feel the breath of empty space? Has it not become colder? Is not night continually closing in on us? Do we not need to light lanterns in the morning? Do we hear nothing as yet of the noise of the gravediggers who are burying God? Do we smell nothing as yet of the divine decomposition? Gods, too, decompose. God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.

"How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it? There has never been a greater deed; and whoever is born after us—for the sake of this deed he will belong to a higher history than all history hitherto."

Here the madman fell silent and looked again at his listeners; and they, too, were silent and stared at him in astonishment. At last he threw his lantern on the ground, and it broke into pieces and went out. "I have come too early," he said then; "my time is not yet. This tremendous event is still on its way, still wandering; it has not yet reached the ears of men. Lightning and thunder require time; the light of the stars requires time; deeds, though done, still require time to be seen and heard. This deed is still more distant from them than the most distant stars and yet they have done it themselves."

It has been related further that on the same day the madman forced his way into several churches and there struck up his requiem aeternam deo. Led out and called to account, he is said always to have replied nothing but: "What after all are these churches now if they are not the tombs and sepulchers of God?"

Now you're just preaching.

Ahldagor
05-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Now you're just preaching.

first two questions were mine, forgot those all important quotation marks. that's from nietzsche's the gay science, and basically describes this whole thread. the premise of a correct history is absurd, think you'll agree with that actually.

Mortiiss
05-19-2013, 04:25 PM
first two questions were mine, forgot those all important quotation marks. that's from nietzsche's the gay science, and basically describes this whole thread. the premise of a correct history is absurd, think you'll agree with that actually.

Yeah, I agree with that.

Alawen
05-19-2013, 04:26 PM
I'm almost positive that Naez presented indisputable proof that God exists in another thread.

GODPARTICLE
05-19-2013, 04:27 PM
0=1

Daldolma
05-19-2013, 04:55 PM
science still catching up to what we already know from the bible morans

stonez138
05-19-2013, 05:44 PM

Well said! I mean you were trying to look stupid right?

stonez138
05-19-2013, 05:46 PM
science still catching up to what we already know from the bible morans

morans?

stonez138
05-19-2013, 05:49 PM
not much else worth reading unfortunately. maybe twain, since he wrote a better version of genesis turning it into a thesis on the stupidity of women

You really do make yourself look like an idiot with every post.

GODPARTICLE
05-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Just the facts bro

Ahldagor
05-19-2013, 06:54 PM
0=1=1=0=1=0=0=1=0=1=0=0=0=0=0=0=1=1=0=0=0=0=1=0=1= 1=0=1=1=0=1=0=1=0=0=0=0=0=0=1=1=0=1=1=1=0=0=1=1=0= 1=1=1=1=0=1=1=1=0=1=0=0=0=1=0=0=0=0=0=0=1=1=0=0=1= 1=1=0=1=1=0=1=1=1=1=0=1=1=0=1=1=1=1=0=1=1=0=0=1=0= 0=0=1=0=0=0=0=0=0=1=1=0=0=0=0=1=0=1=1=1=0=1=0=0=0= 1=0=0=0=0=0=0=1=1=0=0=0=1=1=0=1=1=0=1=1=1=1=0=1=1= 0=1=1=0=1=0=1=1=0=1=1=0=1=0=1=1=1=0=1=0=1=0=1=1=0= 1=1=1=0=0=1=1=0=1=0=0=1=0=1=1=0=0=0=1=1=0=1=1=0=0= 0=0=1=0=1=1=1=0=1=0=0=0=1=1=0=1=0=0=1=0=1=1=0=1=1= 1=0=0=1=1=0=0=1=1=1=0=1=0=0=0=0=0=0=1=1=0=1=0=0=1= 0=1=1=0=1=1=1=0=0=1=0=0=0=0=0=0=1=1=0=0=0=0=1=0=1= 1=0=1=1=1=0=0=1=1=1=1=0=0=1=0=1=0=0=0=0=0=0=1=1=1= 0=1=1=1=0=1=1=0=0=0=0=1=0=1=1=1=1=0=0=1

ftfy

Kagatob
05-19-2013, 08:13 PM
^ you forgot the 2.

GODPARTICLE
05-19-2013, 08:16 PM
the bible is the only history book needed in schools

Daldolma
05-19-2013, 08:22 PM
the bible is the only history book needed in schools

no students must learn american history to ensure proper appreciation of constitution and bill of rights as well as proper understanding of the evil of tyranny

but yes american history and bible study probably two most important aspects of modern education

GODPARTICLE
05-19-2013, 08:23 PM
well I just consider the constitution and declaration of independence to be additional books of the bible since they were penned through the inspiration of Jesus

kotton05
05-19-2013, 08:24 PM
so whats up with easter? a rabbit laid an egg and jesus popped out?

Daldolma
05-19-2013, 08:26 PM
well I just consider the constitution and declaration of independence to be additional books of the bible since they were penned through the inspiration of Jesus

in that case we agree completely

Kagatob
05-19-2013, 08:27 PM

Like Thomas Jefferson am I right?

Kagatob
05-19-2013, 08:30 PM

Rabbits? Eggs? Maybe it has to do with fertility, like the Esther festival that existed thousands of years before the first christian Roman emperor decided to modify it to use as another tool to assert control over the masses that now worshiped heyzeus.

Bazia
05-19-2013, 08:33 PM
ur one of those annoying atheist faggots

im atheist as well but people like u are even worse then jehovah witnesses going door to door

Kagatob
05-19-2013, 10:27 PM
ur one of those annoying atheist faggots

im atheist as well but people like u are even worse then jehovah witnesses going door to door

This is a good time to bring up the point that being an Atheist/Agnostic does not necessarily require someone to be intelligent or to use logic. Case in point above.

Cecily
05-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Atheists seem to be more religious than theists. Poor things don't realize they'll burn in hellfire for all eternity :(

Eliseus
05-19-2013, 10:50 PM
This is a good time to bring up the point that being an Atheist/Agnostic does not necessarily require someone to be intelligent or to use logic. Case in point above.

So what you are saying is Atheists are not only stupid but they don't believe in anything?

Sounds like a win/win plan!

Kagatob
05-19-2013, 10:56 PM
^ Reading comprehension/spin fail.

Eliseus
05-19-2013, 10:58 PM
^ Reading comprehension/spin fail.

Can't spin something you just said. Good try though.

Kagatob
05-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Can't spin something you just said. Good try though.

You're only digging your own laughable hole deeper. But enough sidetracking from you. /ignored.

Eliseus
05-19-2013, 11:06 PM
You're only digging your own laughable hole deeper. But enough sidetracking from you. /ignored.

Goodbye, your defeat was only so imminent.

Kagatob
05-20-2013, 12:22 AM
It's amusing when every single Bible enthusiast ends up resorting to 'no u' instead of conceding to the logical evidence presented.

This is to be expected however, when someone takes a book that is filled with contradictions within even itself, as historical text. :)

Ephirith
05-20-2013, 01:40 AM
Atheists seem to be more religious than theists. Poor things don't realize they'll burn in hellfire for all eternity :(

Meh, at least I'll be kicking it with Gandhi, Kurt Cobain, Ernest Hemingway, Albert Einstein, and pretty much every single person who wasn't a member of the single denomination that was correct-- in addition to all the indigenous and un-contacted peoples from now back to antiquity who never heard the word of Christ.

Also, if I'm to be having pineapples shoved in my butthole by Satan, I can only imagine what's in store for you in heaven at the hands of a God sadistic and manipulative enough to imbue you with an innate sense of curiosity and intellectual independencem and then punish you for it.

Daldolma
05-20-2013, 01:57 AM
kurt cobain married courtney love, his debt is paid

enjoy gandhi

Kagatob
05-20-2013, 02:41 AM
enjoy gandhi

That's a good one, that's another thing I love when the Bible lovers don't hesitate to shout "Communists!" and "Socialists!" or even "Fascists!", whenever any type of misdeed is linked to a remotely secular source, even if there was only a single person behind it all.

Yet all the while, the greats (which since Jesus, Christianity has NONE) are always ignored completely. Then again it's only Christian of you to ignore (or take metaphorically) anything that's inconvenient to your agenda.

Enjoy your crusaders, conquistadors and inquisitors. :)

Daldolma
05-20-2013, 03:02 AM
That's a good one, that's another thing I love when the Bible lovers don't hesitate to shout "Communists!" and "Socialists!" or even "Fascists!", whenever any type of misdeed is linked to a remotely secular source, even if there was only a single person behind it all.

Yet all the while, the greats (which since Jesus, Christianity has NONE) are always ignored completely. Then again it's only Christian of you to ignore (or take metaphorically) anything that's inconvenient to your agenda.

please elaborate

Nune
05-20-2013, 03:07 AM
It's kind of funny watching people like you try to dismantle concepts and ideals so much greater than you. Growing up, I was forced to go to church till I was in high school, so I was naturally resistant to it being a teenager pushed into the arms of conformity. One of my best friend's dad was our pastor, and one day I just let it all out.

I told him I thought religion was modern slavery, that church's cause more strife for people than good, that clearly the Bible was a fictionally based book based around imposed morals; not a book about given characters of history. And mostly that "religious" people were generally judgemental and closed-minded. Pretty much everything I'd ever said to a religious figure, in genuine expression, that resulted in a distasteful judgement. When I was done, he had a smile on his face. He told me that what I felt was what he felt; that no pastor - even the Pope- could believe everything the Bible wrote down, but it was about the message between the lines.

This was the first time I realized the strength of faith. That someone who could believe these things and live by this "code" had more strength than someone like OP who probably finds an elated sense of empowerment from shitting on finite details regarding the Bible.

Snakes can't talk (but they can kick and bash mirite McQuaid), pillars of fire don't appear and guide people through deserts at night, virgins don't give birth, and certainly dead people don't come back to life days later. But through these stories, within the context, is a story about the poison of man and the remedy of a belief in a higher power.

And for the record, I do not believe in the God described in The Bible, nor would I consider myself a religious man. I just find this post similar to some kid in head-to-toe Abercrombie clothes walking by Hot Topic calling goth kids fags; thinking there's a great divide between what he thinks is fashion is compared to them.

Nune
05-20-2013, 03:13 AM

Mother Theresa? rofl. You blindly hate something you obviously don't understand; wiser men than I throughout history refer to this as "fear"

Kagatob
05-20-2013, 03:26 AM
Mother Theresa? rofl. You blindly hate something you obviously don't understand; wiser men than I throughout history refer to this as "fear"

Mother Theresa. She sadistic monster who believed that only through the greatest suffering could someone be closest to God. The conditions of her 'facilities' were abhorable even by 3rd world standards, terminally sick people crowded on the floor next to mildly ill people with no blankets and barely enough food to keep them alive.

Of the millions of dollars in donations that she had received, next to none of it went to any of her 'patients', most of it is still sitting in Vatican bank accounts and the bulk of what was spent went between opening her own Catholic Missionaries to spread more gospel and the rest of the money went to her buddies Charles Keating and the Duvalier family so they could continue making Haiti a worse place to live.

Bazia
05-20-2013, 03:55 AM
sum1 send me weed in mail

Kagatob
05-20-2013, 03:57 AM
Wrong thread hippie, go get a job.

gotrocks
05-20-2013, 04:10 AM
arguing about this is like arguing with two bricks walls...

no one will ever see the others point. period. (no matter how silly it may be to stick to the words in the bible like a blind zealot. or any religious text for that matter).

Religion serves an effective purpose (as it always has). To explain the unknown (ie, death, creation), to establish a basic moral code and guidance in everyday life, and to fill a void within us that may otherwise go unfulfilled with spirituality.

When it accomplishes this, fantastic. When we get things like scientology, mormonism, the crusades, religious muslim jihad, any sort of ethnic cleansing, and the catholic church (those guys are fucking *bastards*, look it up), that's when i start wanting to gather up all those people and have their brains rewired.
Still relevant

Kagatob
05-20-2013, 04:12 AM
Confirmed.

gotrocks
05-20-2013, 04:34 AM
My biggest beef with Christianity? All it takes to get into heaven is to repent your sins to jesus christ and accept him into your heart and life.

So basically, i can be a beacon of integrity, justice, humility, generosity, and peace, and still not get into heaven if i dont say im sorry for that time I wanted to bang my neighbors wife and accept JC as my savior.

But, if I'm a serial child molester, and I've banged 100 kids and used their murdered corpses as marionettes in my twisted orgy of dead-children skull fucking, and as long as I say I'm really really sorry and accept JC as my savior theres a place for me inside the pearly white gates.

Sorry, but my god doesn't work that way. Child molesters burn in fucking hell.

Sorry, had to break my own thesis up there (sort of) with my rant. I get into this argument with my mom a lot (she's a devout christian, and like most of you, has an answer for everything, no matter how ridiculous the answer may be)

GODPARTICLE
05-20-2013, 04:35 AM
tldr

Bazia
05-20-2013, 04:42 AM
tldr

gotrocks
05-20-2013, 04:51 AM
tldr

6 sentences was too long to read, or you just dont like thinking that you plan to sit in heaven with child rapists?

Kagatob
05-20-2013, 04:58 AM
They don't like anything that would even chance them questioning their faith regardless of the amount of evidence placed right before them.

I was hoping for an amount of actual discussion but the entire thread boiled down to Ad-Hominem, the shifting of the burden of proof and ridiculous conjecture with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Bazia
05-20-2013, 05:20 AM
i believe in god now i cannot cope with sharing any belief with as large a faggot as Kagatob

"bible fake im smart u dum magic isnt real" X 50 = thread

Kagatob
05-20-2013, 05:26 AM
i believe in god now i cannot cope ...

The rest of your post matters not. Finally we are getting somewhere and it is acknowledged that there is a personal problem of yours that is the cause or at least a large part of your issue with critical thinking and observation. :)

Bazia
05-20-2013, 05:31 AM
you ruined atheism for me with your know it all faggotness

Kagatob
05-20-2013, 05:33 AM
you ruined atheism for me with your know it all faggotness
Because what you thank/say...
...is oh so relevant. :cool:

Bazia
05-20-2013, 05:34 AM
send the fucking weed i wasn't asking

gotrocks
05-20-2013, 05:36 AM
shouldnt be that hard to find a bag of pot ....

GODPARTICLE
05-20-2013, 05:40 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1t8o4Iv.gif

odiecat99
05-20-2013, 05:43 AM
I found this thread quite interesting. thanks for the read.

odiecat99
05-20-2013, 05:45 AM
just ignore bazia btw, he is a giant troll piece of shit that was attacking me in my thread about how I troll other people's threads.. so he trolls mine.. doesn't that make him a hypocrite? he is a giant steaming pile of dog shit. I had to ignore him because he kept raging me in pms and on my thread. trying to ruin someones rep in-game that actually has a good rep is pretty cool. The shit he posts is fucking pointless and mindless nonsense. ignoring him is the best option.

Akim
05-20-2013, 05:57 AM
no shit..
it's actually written like all greeko hellenistic writings from this peroids, very very steep in symbolism and could very easily be mistranslated and misunderstood in English context.

117 books were removed in Roman reformations - priests were supposedly killing each other with chair limbs over which to exclude during these meetings.

Huge subject, Esra (the true author of the bible, 300BC) was a real historical person.

Akim
05-20-2013, 06:02 AM

i got og for an og

Akim
05-20-2013, 06:18 AM
Meh, at least I'll be kicking it with Gandhi, Kurt Cobain, Ernest Hemingway, Albert Einstein, and pretty much every single person who wasn't a member of the single denomination that was correct-- in addition to all the indigenous and un-contacted peoples from now back to antiquity who never heard the word of Christ.

Also, if I'm to be having pineapples shoved in my butthole by Satan, I can only imagine what's in store for you in heaven at the hands of a God sadistic and manipulative enough to imbue you with an innate sense of curiosity and intellectual independencem and then punish you for it.

na, Jesus taught reincarnation, no such place as hell or heaven except right here.

Idiots in church can't even read a book right, mad that tithing mean give 10% of your time to private prayer and not money to men, mad that religion and church has no place in Jesus's teachings.

mad that the bible says god is god of the living and not the dead, LOL.

so much mad, bad and sad at church.

They take revelations literally, especially bad since 'fire' means spirit to the author & not "God killing everyone he 'loves'"

LOL christians... Jesus said he already returned stop believing in a rapture that is made up garbage like hell and the devil.

Akim
05-20-2013, 06:37 AM

Easter is derived from the Middle English word 'ester', which in turn is derived from the Old English 'eastre'. An ancient pagan goddess.

The ancient Goddess Eastre, also known as Ishtar, was really a worship of sex, and intercourse.

In the temples on the earliest Easter Sundays the ladies would come to the temple with only their Easter bonnets on.

Akim
05-20-2013, 06:41 AM
Easter is derived from the Middle English word 'ester', which in turn is derived from the Old English 'eastre'. An ancient pagan goddess.

The ancient Goddess Eastre, also known as Ishtar, was really a worship of sex, and intercourse.

In the temples on the earliest Easter Sundays the ladies would come to the temple with only their Easter bonnets on.

And what animal is more famous for being in heat then the rabbit, today as the Easter Bunny.

Bazia
05-20-2013, 07:08 AM
Akin my dog

Cecily
05-20-2013, 07:51 AM

I'll pray for you.

Hollywood
05-20-2013, 09:58 AM

Stop appealing to fear.

Have you not just described existence in general?
What once was may no longer seem to be coughcarbondatingcough

Eliseus
05-20-2013, 11:18 AM
Kagatob really is the definition of a bigot (I know you will probably deny it, but just look at your posts with the definition of bigot, you really are one, and yes, that is a bad thing since you should always hold yourself up to not be judged in such a negative fashion) and responding to him has just resulted in long text of personal amusement for me. Can't teach someone that doesn't want to learn. I also find it funny that amount of contradictions he tries to point out yet doesn't provide any credible sources and him himself probably has no credibility to back up anything he says, you know, with his most likely GED he only has.

Inb4 professor google tries to give him all the answers.

Kagatob
05-20-2013, 11:42 AM
So much ad-hominem, so little content.
Yes questioning a sacred text is an act of bigotry. I suppose if aliens landed right now and blew all of the religious books out of the water that would be a bigoted act as well. :rolleyes:

Mandalore93
05-20-2013, 12:37 PM
The only thing more laughable than using the Bible as a history book is using it as a moral compass of any sort.

Ahldagor
05-20-2013, 12:51 PM
The Hollow Men
T. S. Eliot
Mistah Kurtz—he dead.

A penny for the Old Guy

I

We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
Our dried voices, when
We whisper together
Are quiet and meaningless
As wind in dry grass
Or rats’ feet over broken glass
In our dry cellar

Shape without form, shade without colour,
Paralysed force, gesture without motion;

Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death’s other Kingdom
Remember us—if at all—not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.

II

Eyes I dare not meet in dreams
In death’s dream kingdom
These do not appear:
There, the eyes are
Sunlight on a broken column
There, is a tree swinging
And voices are
In the wind’s singing
More distant and more solemn
Than a fading star.

Let me be no nearer
In death’s dream kingdom
Let me also wear
Such deliberate disguises
Rat’s coat, crowskin, crossed staves
In a field
Behaving as the wind behaves
No nearer—

Not that final meeting
In the twilight kingdom

III

This is the dead land
This is cactus land
Here the stone images
Are raised, here they receive
The supplication of a dead man’s hand
Under the twinkle of a fading star.

Is it like this
In death’s other kingdom
Waking alone
At the hour when we are
Trembling with tenderness
Lips that would kiss
Form prayers to broken stone.

IV

The eyes are not here
There are no eyes here
In this valley of dying stars
In this hollow valley
This broken jaw of our lost kingdoms

In this last of meeting places
We grope together
And avoid speech
Gathered on this beach of the tumid river

Sightless, unless
The eyes reappear
As the perpetual star
Multifoliate rose
Of death’s twilight kingdom
The hope only
Of empty men.

V

Here we go round the prickly pear
Prickly pear prickly pear
Here we go round the prickly pear
At five o’clock in the morning.

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow
For Thine is the Kingdom

Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow
For Thine is the Kingdom

For Thine is
Life is
For Thine is the

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

Strifer
05-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Donde esta la biblioteca.

http://i.imgur.com/5PLaifJ.gif

Ahldagor
05-20-2013, 01:26 PM
isn't he dead?

Nune
05-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Mother Theresa. She sadistic monster who believed that only through the greatest suffering could someone be closest to God. The conditions of her 'facilities' were abhorable even by 3rd world standards, terminally sick people crowded on the floor next to mildly ill people with no blankets and barely enough food to keep them alive.

Of the millions of dollars in donations that she had received, next to none of it went to any of her 'patients', most of it is still sitting in Vatican bank accounts and the bulk of what was spent went between opening her own Catholic Missionaries to spread more gospel and the rest of the money went to her buddies Charles Keating and the Duvalier family so they could continue making Haiti a worse place to live.

hahahahahahahahahahahah

Eliseus
05-20-2013, 01:40 PM
So much ad-hominem, so little content.
Yes questioning a sacred text is an act of bigotry. I suppose if aliens landed right now and blew all of the religious books out of the water that would be a bigoted act as well. :rolleyes:

Actually, questioning the bible isn't being a bigot, YOU are being a bigot with your responses. No wonder you think other people have reading comprehension problems. You yourself don't even understand what you are saying.

Eliseus
05-20-2013, 01:50 PM
The only thing more laughable than using the Bible as a history book is using it as a moral compass of any sort.

Definition of MORAL
a : of or relating to principles of right and wrong in behavior : ethical <moral judgments>
b : expressing or teaching a conception of right behavior <a moral poem>
c : conforming to a standard of right behavior
d : sanctioned by or operative on one's conscience or ethical judgment <a moral obligation>
e : capable of right and wrong action <a moral agent>
: probable though not proved : virtual <a moral certainty>
: perceptual or psychological rather than tangible or practical in nature or effect <a moral victory> <moral support>

So, please elaborate more Mandalore?

Just so everyone knows, I'm not stating what I do believe in or don't. I'm mostly stating people like OP don't have anything credible source to back up what they say except their own opinion, which I'm assuming isn't credible either.

On the Morale thing, the Bible is pretty much the best thing to bring morale to the table. People seem to skip over what principles are brought to the table in the belief of God and things like the Bible. They don't just bring a belief in a "deity" but they give reasons for people to essentially just be "good" people. So yes, the Bible as a morale compass is an amazing tool to use and really shouldn't be "laughed" at.

Eliseus
05-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Oh also, so is your face!

Something'Witty
05-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Y'all don't know what you are talking about and risk angering Xenu with all your blaspheme.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17mt8e03opo34jpg/original.jpg

Kagatob
05-20-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm not here to educate, I'm here to rant about how ignorant and illogical a large chunk of a culture is.

If you are so concerned about wanting to continue the tradition of the 5000 year pariah that's your prerogative. Or you can do what logical people can do and just google 'Jewish mercenaries ancient Egypt pyramids' and pick one of the 15,000 sources that pop up in the results. If you don't want to it's not my problem.

The same goes for Mother Teresa, just look up 'Mother Teresa suffering'. Again over 10,000 relevant results, most of them linking to reports from the very women who worked under her.

If you really want your hand held so badly and have the easy answers for everything... welp... bible. :)

gotrocks
05-21-2013, 12:44 AM
magnets, because bible.

and magic.

gotrocks
05-21-2013, 12:45 AM
someone also mentioned that modern science is just now catching up to things the bible laid out 2000 years ago. can someone please point me to what these are....?

Hasbinbad
05-21-2013, 12:54 AM
someone also mentioned that modern science is just now catching up to things the bible laid out 2000 years ago. can someone please point me to what these are....?
god hates fags

Kagatob
05-21-2013, 12:55 AM
god hates fags

That's a cautionary tale about the dangers of tobacco smoking.

GODPARTICLE
05-21-2013, 01:14 AM
and the dangers of homosexuality

Kagatob
05-21-2013, 01:30 AM
and the dangers of child raping priests

ftfy

Mandalore93
05-21-2013, 01:55 AM
(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Moral compass points to loonie.

Kagatob
05-21-2013, 01:58 AM
Well women are most certainly not equal to men, the Bible teaches that lesson quite well. :cool:

GODPARTICLE
05-21-2013, 02:16 AM
liberals approve of dog blowing and baby touching as well

Kagatob
05-21-2013, 03:41 AM
liberals approve of dog blowing and baby touching as well

Where was there ever a massive secular pedophile cover up even 1/10th as extensive as the Catholic Churches? Please enlighten me.

gotrocks
05-21-2013, 06:51 PM
god hates fags

obv.