PDA

View Full Version : This would help guilds to raid

RoKnRuiN1
05-21-2013, 09:55 PM
A fucking Raid Calendar, where guilds can sign up to be chosen that week for rights to a designated raid zone. Why? Because fuck you, that's why. Such a simple solution to such a sour subject.

Thulack
05-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Dev's dont think rotations are classic because they didnt have them on their servers and plus there are guilds in the community that wouldnt abide by a calander sorry to say. It's wishful thinking at best.

Samhain
05-21-2013, 10:06 PM
While we are at it we should put a tax on all raid loots and redistribute them to those that have not gotten any drops in the last 99 weeks so long as they show that they are trying to raid (and are drug free if they live in Florida).

Cippofra
05-21-2013, 10:13 PM
I have this crazy idea. Bear with me for a second. Want to raid? Join a guild that raids. The end.

RoKnRuiN1
05-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Dev's dont think rotations are classic because they didnt have them on their servers and plus there are guilds in the community that wouldnt abide by a calander sorry to say. It's wishful thinking at best.

This isn't EverQuest classic. This is Project1999. If everything on this server was EQ Classic to the fine print, I would be inclined to agree with the dev's, but alas, it's not. At best I feel like saying it's not 'classic' is just being lazy and pig headed when your community cries out for a change and it goes unheeded.

Just my two cents.

RoKnRuiN1
05-21-2013, 10:23 PM
I have this crazy idea. Bear with me for a second. Want to raid? Join a guild that raids. The end.

You. Dumb.

EnnoiaII
05-21-2013, 10:30 PM

Devs obviously played on the wrong servers.

EnnoiaII
05-21-2013, 10:31 PM
This isn't EverQuest classic. This is Project1999. If everything on this server was EQ Classic to the fine print, I would be inclined to agree with the dev's, but alas, it's not. At best I feel like saying it's not 'classic' is just being lazy and pig headed when your community cries out for a change and it goes unheeded.

Just my two cents.

The RMT ring they're running would be in peril if other guilds were allowed at the goods.

Cippofra
05-21-2013, 11:18 PM
I want raid loot but I think its unacceptable to have to join a raid guild to do it. Actually why do I have to raid at all? Every mob in the game should drop a CoF every single time. This whole having to work to get stuff idea is utter BS.

RoKnRuiN1
05-21-2013, 11:46 PM
I want raid loot but I think its unacceptable to have to join a raid guild to do it. Actually why do I have to raid at all? Every mob in the game should drop a CoF every single time. This whole having to work to get stuff idea is utter BS.

Yet another dumb post that has '0' relevance to the thread at hand.

Sarius
05-22-2013, 12:00 AM
Rotation would be wonderful but will not happen on this server. GMs stated many times that they will not enforce a rotation and top raid guilds will not agree to one. Wishful thinking at best.

RoKnRuiN1
05-22-2013, 12:50 AM
Rotation would be wonderful but will not happen on this server. GMs stated many times that they will not enforce a rotation and top raid guilds will not agree to one. Wishful thinking at best.

This is sadly pathetic, to both the Dev's and the respective guild leaders of this server. Way to act like children.

Kagatob
05-22-2013, 12:57 AM
This is sadly pathetic, to both the Dev's and the respective guild leaders of this server. Way to act like children.

Welcome to Project 1999. :)

Enygma
05-22-2013, 01:09 AM

There's this game called World of Warcraft you might enjoy more.

Cippofra
05-22-2013, 01:41 AM
Yet another dumb post that has '0' relevance to the thread at hand.

Sounds pretty relevant to me. You're crying about having to put effort into getting end game content. You seem convinced that crying on the forums will somehow earn you loot faster than playing the game. This seem accurate?

Aeolwind
05-22-2013, 08:39 AM
A fucking Raid Calendar, where guilds can sign up to be chosen that week for rights to a designated raid zone. Why? Because fuck you, that's why. Such a simple solution to such a sour subject.

Why not put up the raid calendar yourself? I'm completely capable of doing it, but I can't be pissed to work on one more thing to be honest.

Then, you try working with the raid guilds on the server to hammer out rotations. Perhaps focusing the calendar on content they are less inclined to raid would be the idea? That way, when they get bored and implode you have a set of guilds that are used to working together. And I'll bet if everyone is holding hands and singing Kumbaya you might be able to convince the devs responsible to remove the spawn variances.

Don't expect the staff to fix your problems.

Tecmos Deception
05-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Accountability. Pass it on!

<3 this server's staff.

Skope
05-22-2013, 09:02 AM

And when they had a hand in creating it? Or what about when they go in the opposite direction of what was promised and agreed upon by the players? two? three times? What then?

Aeolwind, you're a really good dude but even you know that's horseshit.

- Rogean decided against the raid rules that were promised to be enforced back in 2010 when he backed Bumamgar and that naggy incident.

- Rogean adds yet another variance upon a variance that the majority of the players agree should be done away with. We were assured by nilbog that we'd see the exact opposite.

- They agree that poopsocking is an issue, but instead of addressing it with classic mechanics and a classic approach it's instead decided that changing the way every single NPC in the game reacts is a better idea, thus preventing third party M+KB recorders from being abused, and, i'm sure, affecting nobody else in the process.

The rules and the approach needs a major overhaul and it's not just the players I'm talking about.

Aeolwind
05-22-2013, 09:20 AM
The rules and the approach needs a major overhaul and it's not just the players I'm talking about.

If we were talking about a paid game, with GM's that could be paid to take crap and kick ass, sure. But no way in hell does anyone on a volunteer staff need to be available 24/7 to beat mainly adults with a crowbar.

I cannot be convinced that anyone on this project should spend more of their time policing the players.

Skope
05-22-2013, 09:31 AM
If we were talking about a paid game, with GM's that could be paid to take crap and kick ass, sure. But no way in hell does anyone on a volunteer staff need to be available 24/7 to beat mainly adults with a crowbar.

I cannot be convinced that anyone on this project should spend more of their time policing the players.

Then what's up with the inconsistency and half-handed approach? The staff puts up with an insane amount of BS, but, I'm sorry to say, they invite some of the criticism with some incredibly poor decision making as well.

Aeolwind, I think it's silly to claim that it's up to the players when past history, and in particular recent history, proves otherwise. The biggest issue here is clarity and consistency, and that starts at the top. The staff claims to take players' ideas and will back them upon agreement but the last two major changes have been in the exact opposite direction and have benefited (and pertained to) a small selection of players while ignoring what was agreed upon and promised.

From a players' perspective, what should I expect? You're claiming one thing but we're seeing the opposite.

Skope
05-22-2013, 09:36 AM
As to the policing: maybe you guys can follow through with bans and punishments. When it comes to raid disputes it's actually incredibly easy: just delete the loot. The guilds will learn to behave when you take their toys away.

But that's not what's happening here. Rather than addressing a classic problem with a "I don't want to come back. Figure it out amongst yourselves" approach, the behavior of all NPCs in the game changed and even more variance was added.

You say one thing but you do the opposite.

Kagatob
05-22-2013, 09:42 AM

It's not about time taken, it's about enforcing the rules more heavily. Of course you aren't going to be around 24/7 to watch over every player that's known and some people will try to take advantage of it that's why when you do catch them doing any of the BS that's so rampant you slam the hammer down and make it known that you did such.

Don't let R&F be the place where the lists of banned people are debated and speculated, stickie the real list to the top of news and announcements, and for Tunare's sake delete the banned accounts or at least change the passwords on the owners and put the U/N and P/W in a database so in the event that you rescind the decision it's a quick fix!

veejur
05-22-2013, 01:05 PM
We need a guide program, and someone with ethics that will oversee it. Let players sign up to help resolve issues that don't have to be devs. Give them tools to communicate with the devs that will actually take actions that effect the system (give/delete items, ban players etc.). Someone needs to oversee the guides' actions every once and a while to catch people that are not following the ethics rules (people will abuse guide privileges).

I'm in 100% agreement the emulator is great, the 1999 content and scripting is great, but a serious hole in making this an enjoyable spot for all is people who have both the *time* and the *desire* to keep things fair and a level playing field.

However to do this requires the devs giving up some control. It's not until people see some actions taken against players that screw over others (example, KS AC and sell the MQ before GMs can answer petition) that the culture of the server will change and folks will feel like any "fair play" is in place.

RoKnRuiN1
05-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Sounds pretty relevant to me. You're crying about having to put effort into getting end game content. You seem convinced that crying on the forums will somehow earn you loot faster than playing the game. This seem accurate?

Lol. How is making a Raid Calendar crying about loot? In fact, where is loot mentioned anywhere in this thread?

You sir, are quite the intelligent being.

RoKnRuiN1
05-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Why not put up the raid calendar yourself? I'm completely capable of doing it, but I can't be pissed to work on one more thing to be honest.

Then, you try working with the raid guilds on the server to hammer out rotations. Perhaps focusing the calendar on content they are less inclined to raid would be the idea? That way, when they get bored and implode you have a set of guilds that are used to working together. And I'll bet if everyone is holding hands and singing Kumbaya you might be able to convince the devs responsible to remove the spawn variances.

I would love to make a Raid Calendar, the only problem is that I have no idea how to go about that. If someone wants to teach me I will! =D

Hasbinbad
05-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Quality is not the same as quantity. If you actually did something about the violations instead of limp wristed slaps, the players would actually respect the rules and you wouldn't need to police shit so much.

I don't agree with authoritarianism in a governing body of the real world, but in a voluntary shared space, we all agree to follow your rules, and authoritarianism can be expected and even lauded.

The laissez faire way you guys have thus far gone about enforcing the rules, from official postings all the way to decisions in the heat of battle have been so disjointed and inconsistent that even those who WANT to respect you guys and your rules (myself included) don't give a shit because you don't even respect them.

Hasbinbad
05-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Although this seems to be changing now: Aeolwind, you specifically have no fucking room to talk.

Skope
05-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Whatever they decide to give you.

Don't you understand?

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3278

And that's in direction opposite to what Aeolwind said here and Rogean and Nilbog have said previously.

Hasbinbad
..or should we bring up the results and implications of your decisions concerning the first contested dragon on p99?

Hasbinbad
scrub ass GM thinks he can talk down to players coz of his bolded blue name. get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

Strifer
05-22-2013, 01:28 PM
How to get raid loots:

1. Join TMO
2. ????
3. PROFIT!

When applying call Zeelot "sugarbutt", he likes that.

Skope
05-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Quality is not the same as quantity. If you actually did something about the violations instead of limp wristed slaps, the players would actually respect the rules and you wouldn't need to police shit so much.

I don't agree with authoritarianism in a governing body of the real world, but in a voluntary shared space, we all agree to follow your rules, and authoritarianism can be expected and even lauded.

The laissez faire way you guys have thus far gone about enforcing the rules, from official postings all the way to decisions in the heat of battle have been so disjointed and inconsistent that even those who WANT to respect you guys and your rules (myself included) don't give a shit because you don't even respect them.

I'd like to point out a few instances here --

Raren. Oh boy, what is a person to say here? The guy duped manastones and other junk for months and then was caught one night when I lent money to a friend to buy a stone from him, but Rogean showed up, gave me my money back and deleted the manastone. So what happened? It took two weeks for Raren to get banned and then he returned a couple of months later. Apparently, duping manastones isn't a bannable offense here. Dupe away.

With respect to trains while raiding and guild-wide suspensions, they're about as consistent as a coin flip. Sometimes a guild is given a timeout, but it seems that more often than not a single player is given the timeout while the guild goes on as if nothing happened.

I recall DA being given a two week timeout for a player caught MQ/SEQing (in lguk...) while Perun admitted to using SEQ when pulling Talendor and TR wasn't given a guild-wide raid suspension.

There's the above Bumamgar incident where Rogean decided that Bumamgar's argument -- he claimed that he didn't have to abide by the rules the players' had agreed upon (and Rogean said in vent he'd agree to enforce them) because he wasn't here when they were made -- was a reasonable one. Using the same logic, I'd like to invite every new person to the server to train,KS, and ninjaloot all of the raid mobs because they weren't here when the rules were made.

This is just off the top of my head where I recall thinking, "Did they really just do that?"

I get it. It's your server and you can do as you please, but don't expect to follow blindly and respect some truly idiotic decisions.

RoKnRuiN1
05-22-2013, 01:34 PM
I find It absolutely astonishing, after all that has been established in the community about the raid scene, that the community is essentially just flat out ignored. What kind of shit brained operation are you dev's trying to run? Did you just decide that people are going to play your emulator regardless of them being happy or not? If that's the case then all I have to say to you low-life pieces of shit for developers is this.

Fuck you

RoKnRuiN1
05-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Whatever they decide to give you.

Don't you understand?

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3278

Wow, what a fucking joke. The GM's on this server are a bunch of sand filled cunts.

Hasbinbad
05-22-2013, 01:45 PM
dr. obvious posts again

Skope
05-22-2013, 01:50 PM
So what am I saying? I guess I'm just saying, know your options. Given their own attitudes and rules developers/serverstaff CANNOT be held accountable by players. When you played EverQuest you paid them for a service. If you had issues, there were people that could be held accountable and expected to answer to YOU, no matter how big or small the issue.

A little communication and honesty goes a long way. Many of us who have been around for years still want to see the project go on and in a healthy manner, but we're also allergic to bullshit. Aeolwind's claim is complete and utter bullshit given the last two patches and changes to the raid scene, where both have placated and pandered to the same players he wants to stop policing. Were the changes classic? Is it what we agreed upon? Is it even remotely close to what we as players were promised? And that's just the last two patches. Obviously it's what the GMs wanted, but then don't turn around and claim that you're willing to listen to the players' when you quite obviously don't give a fuck.

Hasbinbad
05-22-2013, 01:53 PM
my argument summed up:

1.) If you're going to spend any time policing p99, you can do this effectively or ineffectively.
2.) Effective policing will lead to a lesser need for policing.
3.) Ineffective policing will lead to a greater need for policing.
4.) Staff have a built in method (2) for reducing the need to police the server based on the effectiveness of their policing.
5.) Certain staff have complained about time spent policing the server.
6.) Therefore, one should conclude that certain staff are unaware that they have a built in method to reduce the need to police the server.

Hasbinbad
05-22-2013, 01:54 PM
i.e. dum as fuq

Skope
05-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Why you telling me? =p

I'm not, I'm just expanding :P

I know it's disheartening and even condescending, but it's criticism and feedback that's been built up over years and it's not new. It gets brought up every now and then but never addressed other than the obligatory "We do as we see fit."

We're not bitching and whining because we hate you, we're bitching and whining because there are obvious problems that you're ignoring and only exacerbating. Instead of having us bitch and whine every few months, perhaps you guys can listen...

Clark
05-22-2013, 02:01 PM
http://s21.postimg.org/7itxwfjfr/36d3v8.jpg

Skywarp
05-22-2013, 02:08 PM
The reason your even suggesting this is because you want something. Period

The reason people can't get raid items they want is simple. The Mystical Order.

They have no reason or incentive to work with anyone. They already have a strangle hold on the best drops in game. They only care about first target engage and will do anything it takes to get it. They talk shit to anyone who steps on their grapes and takes a Vox or Nagafen from them. Don't get your hopes up in Velious that things will change. They are going to do the same shit there.

Kiss my ass P99. Stay fat Tiggles.