PDA

View Full Version : People calling the Dhampyre in Mistmoore as camped when not even there

HydroPonics
05-24-2013, 11:59 AM
First of all i'd like to state if you are camping the Dhampyre, you need to stay there, and not be AFK when/if Dhamp spawns. Its still rightfully yours if the Dhamp spawns while you are AFK at the camp, but i promise you after a certain amount of time someone will kill it. Also, YOU WILL LOSE you're camp if you decide to leave for a minute and go kill Lasna Cheroon. I'm usually nice about this issue, but as of late i've had more than five people call Dhamp as being camped when they are not even there.

If you are not at a camp, its not yours. I've had a Dhampyre stolen from me numerous times, each and every time a GM does nothing about it... this in turn has gotten around to the bad players, who take advantage of this. (FattyFatty for example, ran up out of nowhere, DT'ed the Dhamp immediatley after engaging to make sure i couldnt out DPS it.)

I wear a See invis item and if the Dhamp spawns and no one is there, me and anyone else in the right mind will engage. Stay there, don't go anywhere.

Hasbinbad
05-24-2013, 12:04 PM
was there some dumbass gm precedent that says you can afk at a camp?

Hasbinbad
05-24-2013, 12:05 PM
last i heard you had to be present at your keyboard and kill static spawns as soon as they pop in or you lose your camp

Ephirith
05-24-2013, 12:09 PM
I've had this camp stolen because me and my group of mid 30's were sitting in the courtyard instead of on top of dhamp himself.

People can and will kick you in the balls for a hooded black cloak

kotton05
05-24-2013, 12:59 PM
I like that clicky regen, and yes people will cherry pick him from uptop.

Hasbinbad
05-24-2013, 02:27 PM
yeah you're an idiot if you leave a contested spawn like that unengaged for more than 10 seconds or so. no sympathy.

Hasbinbad
05-24-2013, 02:50 PM
dude if frenzy is up and you're off clearling lord, i'm killing frenzy. CC is a courtesy. The only thing that matters is if the mob is alive for more than ten seconds.

Ephirith
05-24-2013, 03:12 PM
yeah you're an idiot if you leave a contested spawn like that unengaged for more than 10 seconds or so. no sympathy.

This mentality an example of why this server can be pretty terrible. The ratio of ego gangsters with a MOBA mentality to mature, gentle, carebear neckbeards is way skewed in favor of the former. Red didn't do its job soaking up all the gargantuan pixel penises and young doctors

Tiggles
05-24-2013, 03:19 PM
First of all i'd like to state if you are camping the Dhampyre, you need to stay there, and not be AFK when/if Dhamp spawns. Its still rightfully yours if the Dhamp spawns while you are AFK at the camp, but i promise you after a certain amount of time someone will kill it. Also, YOU WILL LOSE you're camp if you decide to leave for a minute and go kill Lasna Cheroon. I'm usually nice about this issue, but as of late i've had more than five people call Dhamp as being camped when they are not even there.

If you are not at a camp, its not yours. I've had a Dhampyre stolen from me numerous times, each and every time a GM does nothing about it... this in turn has gotten around to the bad players, who take advantage of this. (FattyFatty for example, ran up out of nowhere, DT'ed the Dhamp immediatley after engaging to make sure i couldnt out DPS it.)

I wear a See invis item and if the Dhamp spawns and no one is there, me and anyone else in the right mind will engage. Stay there, don't go anywhere.

FattyFatty is a full member of Forceful Entry.

Trakanon or Dhampyre it does not matter FE will use any underhanded tactics to try and get loot.

Since they can only muster 20 or so members on at a time, they have resorted to camping named in Mistmoore

skipdog
05-24-2013, 03:23 PM
This mentality an example of why this server can be pretty terrible. The ratio of ego gangsters with a MOBA mentality to mature, gentle, carebear neckbeards is way skewed in favor of the former. Red didn't do its job soaking up all the gargantuan pixel penises and young doctors

Sorry but that just isn't accurate. There are WAYYYY more generous, nice and all-around cool people on this server than there are dbags.

Tiggles
05-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Hey, how's cheating for 2 years straight compare to harm touching a lowbie camp mob disputed?

Shouldn't you be busy looking for a new GM to try and fuck for preferential treatment on pixels?

Sirken won't put out.

kotton05
05-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Sirken won't put out.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/neOTV3wZsSc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/neOTV3wZsSc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Hasbinbad
05-24-2013, 05:08 PM
I disagree with your premise that this kind of behavior constitutes douchebaggery, and in fact I counter that it counters douchebaggery because it takes a real douchebag to camp a fuckton of spawns and expect to dictate what goes down -IF- you are ALSO not going to keep those mobs down.

My entire premise has to do with people who are NOT keeping their mobs down.

If you can't do that, you're overreaching for whatever reason, and I would say it is capital for a young entrepreneur to come gaff your UNATTENDED AND RESPAWNED camp.

holy fuck stupid

Hasbinbad
05-24-2013, 05:10 PM
afk = unattended as far as i'm concerned as well so kiss my ass kthx

Hasbinbad
05-24-2013, 05:12 PM
leave your spawn unattended and repopped, i'm gonna kill it, and i suggest anyone else do the same.

Ephirith
05-24-2013, 05:16 PM
I disagree with your premise that this kind of behavior constitutes douchebaggery, and in fact I counter that it counters douchebaggery because it takes a real douchebag to camp a fuckton of spawns and expect to dictate what goes down -IF- you are ALSO not going to keep those mobs down.

My entire premise has to do with people who are NOT keeping their mobs down.

If you can't do that, you're overreaching for whatever reason, and I would say it is capital for a young entrepreneur to come gaff your UNATTENDED AND RESPAWNED camp.

holy fuck stupid

Nah I agree with you when you're talking about some asswipe claiming the whole zone, lettings his mobs pop while clearing other ph's.

But if it's just a guy and his camp, and he's fighting something, and his named pops.... well then

The only thing that matters is if the mob is alive for more than ten seconds.

is horse shit. For example a group sitting in courtyard, and dhamp pops in the middle of a big pull from near gypsy.

Hasbinbad
05-24-2013, 05:20 PM
if the mob is repopped, and you want some kind of claim on it, you need to pull it immediately. The shit should be on timer and you should not pull before that. that is your responsibility.

If you cannot sit your party ON the spawn and kill it immediately, then other nearby groups can pull from any static spawn nearby just as much as you if it becomes contested.

Hasbinbad
05-24-2013, 05:22 PM
douchebaggot(tm)
that's actually p. good.
u kno i coined fucktard right?

Ephirith
05-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Why is the guy an asshole if he's claiming the whole zone while it's empty, and someone zones in and doesn't say a word to the guy who thought the zone was empty.

Should he be required to spam /who just in case someone wants to steal his work?

That's not really the situation I was talking about. Let's say someone calls CC, and the guy says "Dhamp", but in reality he's running around clearing all the named's. That's what the OP was about:

I'm usually nice about this issue, but as of late i've had more than five people call Dhamp as being camped when they are not even there.

Ephirith
05-24-2013, 05:34 PM
if the mob is repopped, and you want some kind of claim on it, you need to pull it immediately. The shit should be on timer and you should not pull before that. that is your responsibility.

If you cannot sit your party ON the spawn and kill it immediately, then other nearby groups can pull from any static spawn nearby just as much as you if it becomes contested.

We know those are the rules, that's not the issue. It's a matter of courtesy; what behaviors do or do not constitute douchebaggery. In my opinion, hounding other people's camps when they aren't being greedy and are making a good faith effort to keep it clear means you're being a douchebag. If you disagree, you can go lick a grundle.

I'll give you an example: TMO druids cherrypicking named's from the areas groups are clearing in KC. Perfectly within their right according to the rules, but downright greedy, douchlike, and frustrating. This behavior is ubiquitous, and it very often results in group-wiping trains when there is a group at LCY. (Not that people at LCY shouldn't be somewhere else if they don't want to get trained).

All I'm saying is people should try to be more respectful, less greedy, and just generally less like MOBA manchildren.

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/6943/fountree.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/fountree.jpg/)

Jfertal
05-24-2013, 05:57 PM
FattyFatty is a full member of Forceful Entry.

Trakanon or Dhampyre it does not matter FE will use any underhanded tactics to try and get loot.

Since they can only muster 20 or so members on at a time, they have resorted to camping named in Mistmoore

Hmm this was back like 6 or 8 months ago, Prior to FE actually tiggles, I have been ganking mobs long before I joined FE. I was there all day just grinding faction doing lasna and dhampyre as well, seeing both camps open well why not take them, the mobs were down in dhamp room when I came back from killing that wench in the pool. You are sitting there claiming the camp is yours, blah blah blah. I mean you go into a room and all the mobs are down, you could be cool and ask who is camping what etc. If someone has 2 or 3 camps they are doing uncontested and someone wants to come in and take one, you can be a polite guy and ask which one they would prefer, and then go take the other one. instead you wanted to rule lawyer your way in, and my harm touch knocked you and the dhampyre outa there.

TL;DR Fuck your gay ass rule lawyering

Tiggles
05-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Hmm this was back like 6 or 8 months ago, Prior to FE actually tiggles, I have been ganking mobs long before I joined FE. I was there all day just grinding faction doing lasna and dhampyre as well, seeing both camps open well why not take them, the mobs were down in dhamp room when I came back from killing that wench in the pool. You are sitting there claiming the camp is yours, blah blah blah. I mean you go into a room and all the mobs are down, you could be cool and ask who is camping what etc. If someone has 2 or 3 camps they are doing uncontested and someone wants to come in and take one, you can be a polite guy and ask which one they would prefer, and then go take the other one. instead you wanted to rule lawyer your way in, and my harm touch knocked you and the dhampyre outa there.

TL;DR Fuck your gay ass rule lawyering

Forceful Entry people.

The only guild that "factions" in Mistmoore so they can not attempt mobs in VP and just train other guilds.

Jfertal
05-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Forceful Entry people.

The only guild that "factions" in Mistmoore so they can not attempt mobs in VP and just train other guilds.

Again I was doing this long before I joined FE, I did it so I can sing songs with the league Of Antonica Bards my friend.

Hasbinbad
05-24-2013, 09:05 PM
tiggles did u rly screw amelabia?

Hasbinbad
05-24-2013, 09:06 PM
i mean amelinda

Hasbinbad
05-24-2013, 09:06 PM
u can tell me bro

Tiggles
05-24-2013, 10:08 PM
u can tell me bro

Never met her irl.

Salem Orchid
05-25-2013, 12:31 AM
you guys are fucking blue, why do you even play this game

big league chew
05-25-2013, 12:33 AM
you guys are fucking blue, why do you even play this game

Tasslehofp99
05-25-2013, 12:50 AM
Same, multiple times. Lolz

No one cares if you get kicked in the nuts, cheater.

OMGWTF420
05-25-2013, 02:09 AM
frenzy

Nitholias01
05-25-2013, 01:36 PM
1. Going forward, if you intend to hold or claim a camp, your group must retain presence at that camp. If you have no competition in the zone, you are more than welcome to hold as many as you like. The moment another party wants to claim a camp and you are "farming" multiple, you must decide which camp you want and forfeit the ones someone else is interested in. We still expect players to use the courtesy camp check before zerging a room. If there is a full spawn of mobs in a camp room up I think that would be considered not camped. How you pull the camp is up to you, as long as you are able to engage the mobs very shortly after they are spawned.

*Example* You are doing Ghoul Magi, Lord, and Frenzy in lguk. Another group arrives to claim a camp. If they stumble upon a spawned room devoid of players, they can claim it. Where your group resides is your camp; choose wisely.

2. Just because you know the timer a mob's spawn does NOT mean you are entitled to the camp. Examples include Ishva mal, Estrella, and Undertow. I have seen too many threads about ishva mal in particular where there is a person there at the camp and someone comes and either KS's the spawn or charms the mob to bring it somewhere else etc claiming it was theirs due to it being on timer. If you are trying to timer a spawn and you arrive and someone else is there, too bad, you should have been there earlier.

[...]

6. AFK camping is not respected and is frowned upon, if caught afk camping you will be booted to the character select screen.

Nitholias01
05-25-2013, 02:09 PM
but I got quotes, yo

Sirken
05-25-2013, 05:05 PM
not reading 3 pages for this topic.

people that respond to "/shout camp check" do so merely to be courteous. calling a camp does not make it yours, and not calling a camp doesnt make it open.

for a camp to be yours you must be at the camp. if a person left Dhampyre to check on Lasna, then THEY LEFT the first camp, to go to another camp.