06-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Why do monks hit for 250+ with 30-40 dmg 2handers every few seconds

whereas

Warriors/sks/pals with 2h usually do 50-150 and miss

EH?

Fix 2h damage for warriors so I dont have to play monk plx

heartbrand
06-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Almost positive two hand delay bonus doesn't exist on p99 I made bug report but never got response

Num1RecommendedByDentists
06-02-2013, 10:46 PM
my 29 damage tstaff hits for like 160 with 255 str

maybe if you had 255 str and avatar you'd hit for 250 with an IFS or a trorsmang

jjgerman
06-03-2013, 01:33 AM
warriors and monks hit too hard in pvp here, but good luck proving that

no warrior could crit for over 2k in kunark on live even with mightystrike + cripp

its a melee dmg issue in general, 1 handers are off the most, they hit at least 30% harder than live during this era.

SamwiseRed
06-03-2013, 01:54 AM
there is a 77% chance that you completely made up that statistic on weapon damage.

Bazia
06-03-2013, 01:55 AM
the increased melee damage is not a bug, it was intentionally added while the server was in classic era to help balance out the pvp a bit considering resists are borked which resulted in melees being anally pillaged before kunark

it just has never been reduced back since it was put in

Nirgon
06-03-2013, 10:37 AM
Custom things always turn out the best

(NO)

Faerie
06-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Custom things always turn out the best

(NO)

Speaking in generalities isn't going to help anything.

I like custom systems because they're open to further tweaking, unlike a strictly classic "set in stone" way of doing things.

heartbrand
06-03-2013, 11:31 AM
I have no idea where the thought that pvp damage is custom here came from, my max hits seem to be identical on PC's and NPC's. If anything two hand damage is LOWER than it should be for this era. 2k mighty strike crit's don't exist no clue where he's getting that from, screenshot please.

Nirgon
06-03-2013, 11:44 AM
PSA from Dr. Nirgon:

I'd think if you can get 800 damage on a throwing boulder you can double attack and show 800 on 2 crits, which I think is added to the actual damage not shown in the "scores a critical hit/crippling blow (X)!" text. So, I think somewhere in the neighborhood on double crip+ or on a triple attack you could get real close to 1700-1800 damage here.

Back on live, every SK I knew used a mace of shadowed soul over their Beckon from Inny or w/e because TWO HANDED DAMAGE WAS TERRIBLE IN THIS ERA UNTIL MID(ish) VELIOUS.

You'll notice warriors in the botb are using fast, good ratio 1handers. This isn't because they didn't know how to joust or didn't know how to PvP.

TWO HANDED DAMAGE WAS TERRIBLE IN THIS ERA UNTIL MID(ish) VELIOUS.

Thanks.

* This message recorded in accordance with the make Nirgon Top Poster Act and partially sponsored by the "You People Don't Know Classic EQ Stop Pretending" program.

heartbrand
06-03-2013, 12:24 PM
PSA from Dr. Nirgon:

I'd think if you can get 800 damage on a throwing boulder you can double attack and show 800 on 2 crits, which I think is added to the actual damage not shown in the "scores a critical hit/crippling blow (X)!" text. So, I think somewhere in the neighborhood on double crip+ or on a triple attack you could get real close to 1700-1800 damage here.

Back on live, every SK I knew used a mace of shadowed soul over their Beckon from Inny or w/e because TWO HANDED DAMAGE WAS TERRIBLE IN THIS ERA UNTIL MID(ish) VELIOUS.

You'll notice warriors in the botb are using fast, good ratio 1handers. This isn't because they didn't know how to joust or didn't know how to PvP.

TWO HANDED DAMAGE WAS TERRIBLE IN THIS ERA UNTIL MID(ish) VELIOUS.

Thanks.

* This message recorded in accordance with the make Nirgon Top Poster Act and partially sponsored by the "You People Don't Know Classic EQ Stop Pretending" program.

Hi, search feature is your friend. I tested one hand vs two hand damage it is exactly the same. I also posted the patch notes of when it should be changed. Thanks.

orsk
06-03-2013, 01:16 PM
warriors and monks hit too hard in pvp here, but good luck proving that

no warrior could crit for over 2k in kunark on live even with mightystrike + cripp

its a melee dmg issue in general, 1 handers are off the most, they hit at least 30% harder than live during this era.

Fellstrike would be the disc to improve how hard you hit. Mightystrike = crits every hit.

orsk
06-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Hi, search feature is your friend. I tested one hand vs two hand damage it is exactly the same. I also posted the patch notes of when it should be changed. Thanks.

Who the fuck used one handers in the war botb?

heartbrand
06-03-2013, 01:23 PM
I have no idea what my post you quoted has to do with a BOTB

Nirgon
06-03-2013, 02:21 PM
I mean the live warrior botb. Blade of black dragon eye + blood fire were the weapons of choice with a truncheon proc.

They were also requried to make every effort possible to face each other the entire time as part of the rules (no proccing dots and kiting or jumping around kiting with boulders allowed).

Look the rules up.. and you'll also find the video (here: found it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r41O7tdPhaQ)]) of no one using a 2hander (cept Trunch proc). This isn't because of the face each other rule because you could still joust like that but you'd be sidestrafing facing them... well if you know how to melee pvp you'll see how its possible and then question "why'd they use 1handers" -- again, for the slow blinkers... 2handers were literally horrible until abouts mid Velious.

Kastro
06-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Played a mid 40s to low 50s Troll SK on RZ during Velious (Corbon Monoksyde), Had a Mith 2 hander then got a Moss and the damage was pretty similar... with the exception of with the Moss I no longer had the Max 100 or so hits ( maybe 120 max buffed) that I was getting with the Mith 2H... With the Moss I was hitting a constant 60s... main problem during pvp is I no longer had no drop 30% haste for slam to stop casting and gate and had to risk an FBSS for 22% ( Always ganked them, never camped or purchased )... so while damage was similar... the Mith 2H was superior..

Nirgon
06-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Yes during Velious. But people attacking me 40+ with 2handers were a joke in classic/Kunark.

Kargon (uber ogre SK) used shield of hatred (gm regen shield) + blade of abrogation for quite a while over anything else.

06-04-2013, 04:13 AM
I have no idea where the thought that pvp damage is custom here came from, my max hits seem to be identical on PC's and NPC's. If anything two hand damage is LOWER than it should be for this era. 2k mighty strike crit's don't exist no clue where he's getting that from, screenshot please.

i think theyre talking about some hypothetical situation that would likely never happen

got crippling blow'd by ordaga once with an executioner's blade for ~770 damage

not exactly sure, but i believe if someone is sitting its always max damage doubled

SO theoretically if you used mighty strike with a high damage weapon(above was 42) and got a triple attack on someone sitting, you'd be looking at close to 5000 damage in one swing

but, like i said, this is a fairy-tale situation that will probably never happen

personally i did over 1000 damage in one round with tstaff, inner flame, and a flying kick on a sitting caster one time, let me dig up SS

06-04-2013, 04:17 AM
this was at 59 against a mid-50's mage

going to estimate that i was sitting at around 100-120 str at the time with my resist gear on

http://i.imgur.com/6MVrHDe.jpg

Nirgon
06-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Actually, in classic....

If I was sitting I would get hit for "max" minus +cap from str. Every time.

However, standing, I could get hit for a higher value sometimes than when sitting. The quote I recall was my pal laughing and saying "I just broke the cap over his face" (even tho it was like 2 damage more, whatever for the luls).

Not 100% sure why it worked that way, but there you have it.

For instance, on a lvl 22 troll SK twink, the "cap" was believed to be 50-51 damage or so. We were able to hit for 53 at times because of the twink gear. Fact, not fiction.

Worth wracking our brains over before working on other things? No.

Salem Orchid
06-04-2013, 03:30 PM
one time me and the original owner of tyrionn were dueling ezpk 1v2, we had him down to 40%, and he one shot tyrionn for 2000 damage, weighted axe, two 1000 crippling blows. Even at 59 I would still get one shot by that from 100%.

Nirgon
06-04-2013, 03:47 PM
You are going to have to ask someone about crippling blows on live after the Velious 2hander patch who played a warrior.

I know they exist but I don't recall anything too huge or crazy.

Maybe Kringe will tell you if you're nice to him.

This damage appears to be with primal proc'd and high end velious 1handers (not sure which) so the damage might be possible for the big 2hs..

http://web.archive.org/web/20020709111106im_/http://www.ascendingdawn.com/images/screenshots/pics/screenshot68.jpg

06-04-2013, 06:49 PM
did the stun apply to crippling blows 100% of the time?

Nirgon
06-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Yeah it'd stagger (stun! unstun! stun! unstun!) the living shit out of you if they got a roll going with 1handers

Combobreaker
06-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Stun portion works

It would be sitting and one swing with mighty strike = 1001 damage
double atk = 2002
had to be sitting

Highest cripp nonsitting ive seen with cleaver is ~600

I also think 2h misses too much - often out of 10 swings ill miss a good 40-60%.
landing 20-60 hits for the other 3 successful swings

just my 2cp