PDA

View Full Version : Game of Crowns

Glitch
06-05-2013, 03:25 AM
Okay, so since you're all into Everquest the television show, and since everyone I know freaked out about some wedding thing this week, I figured I'd start working on getting caught up on this nonsense.

I have a torrent running for season 1 and plan to watch the entire thing on 2x speed in VLC. If anything seems pretty important I may slow down to 1.5x, but either way, It was nice getting through the first episode in the amount of time it takes to get through an episode of Seinfeld.

First impressions: parties and fucking are pretty funny in double-time, and I liked when they put googly-eyes on the dead guy near the beginning.

Razdeline
06-05-2013, 03:29 AM
Winter is comming sir Glitch.
http://i39.tinypic.com/i6b0xd.jpg

Transient
06-05-2013, 07:45 AM
You definitely got one thing right, Adriana is a badass.

FenninEQaddict
06-05-2013, 01:35 PM
if u watch it on 2x speed, you might as well not watch it. im a huge GoT nerd, and imo most of Game of Thrones is political maneuvering + manipulating people with a dash of action sprinkled on top. you would have no idea what was going on, or why any of it was going on, and you would have wasted about 15 hrs of your life (if u watch 2x speed). just invest 29 hours watching at 1.0 speed. without the dialog, your wasting your time. (still MUCH faster than reading five books with 1k pages each)

So that is where you keep vanishing to! Rereading GoT every week to see what they did differently on the show!! jk we know you GMs are working hard to keep the realms safe on Norrath99.

Loved the books havent been able to bring myself to watch the show yet out of fear of disappointment(and just very little time to watch on sunday night)

Btw the picture above is off for some reason. Ohhh got it your missing Eccezan. Also can we get a before and after pic or maybe one updated as characters are killed off??

Razdeline
06-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Eccezan lives beyond the wall (U.S. border that is) and has no relevance here!

Glitch
06-05-2013, 02:54 PM
if u watch it on 2x speed, you might as well not watch it. im a huge GoT nerd, and imo most of Game of Thrones is political maneuvering + manipulating people with a dash of action sprinkled on top. you would have no idea what was going on, or why any of it was going on, and you would have wasted about 15 hrs of your life (if u watch 2x speed). just invest 29 hours watching at 1.0 speed. without the dialog, your wasting your time. (still MUCH faster than reading five books with 1k pages each)

I'm keeping up with the dialogue just fine, it's really not too hard to adapt.
Only problem I'm having is remembering everybody's name, which I would probably have at 1x speed. Like seriously, this Ned guy has like 20 kids.

Sirken
06-05-2013, 03:28 PM
I'm keeping up with the dialogue just fine, it's really not too hard to adapt.
Only problem I'm having is remembering everybody's name, which I would probably have at 1x speed. Like seriously, this Ned guy has like 20 kids.

if u are getting dialog, then i will shut my mouth! show cuts all the dreams from book 1. names are going to be hard because theres soooo many characters and so little screen time.

but if u have questions, u can ask me here or via PM later down the road :D

Glitterati
06-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Do you canadians even get HBO? =P

Glitch
06-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Do you canadians even get HBO? =P

We do, but we also get the pirate bay. ;p

finalgrunt
06-05-2013, 05:56 PM
With twice speed, many facial and body expressions will be lost. A brief and serious pause will look like a hiccup.

Razdeline
06-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Glitch is trolling you, lol.

Grahm
06-05-2013, 08:54 PM
We do, but we also get the pirate bay. ;p

reported. hope you get banned.

Glitch
06-05-2013, 10:38 PM
reported. hope you get banned.

no ban for the speed hack? :(

India
06-05-2013, 11:13 PM
I'm liking megashare.info for all my GoT needs

Nune
06-05-2013, 11:38 PM
hbogo losers

Glitch
06-06-2013, 12:54 AM
episode 5 down. When do I get to the episode that will make me want to make my forum display picture and signature a Game of Thrones GIF?
It's not bad, ps!

Glitterati
06-06-2013, 03:02 AM
episode 5 down. When do I get to the episode that will make me want to make my forum display picture and signature a Game of Thrones GIF?
It's not bad, ps!

Season 2, episode 9

Gwence
06-06-2013, 04:08 AM
hbo tracks those torrents, they're going to send a nasty letter to your isp

I bet you will get an firmly written email from your isp soon

srsly though hbo tracks torrents pretty hard, hope you use some kind of torrent ghosting thingy

Glitch
06-06-2013, 05:16 AM
That doesn't happen in Canada.

Sinlea
06-06-2013, 01:49 PM
If you have HBO shouldn't you have HBO Go? Or Canadians don't get neat things like that?

Glitch
06-07-2013, 04:14 PM
If you have HBO shouldn't you have HBO Go? Or Canadians don't get neat things like that?

idk what hbo go is.
Anyways, just got to the end of season 2. That was quite a fair bit of zombies.

moklianne
06-07-2013, 04:42 PM
idk what hbo go is.
Anyways, just got to the end of season 2. That was quite a fair bit of zombies.

Its HBO's Roku channel. You can stream all of their stuff if you pay for HBO on cable.

moklianne
06-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Season 3 Episode 9 must be kinda weird at 2x.

Glitch
06-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Season 3 Episode 9 must be kinda weird at 2x.

I'll find out once these season 3 torrents finish!

Glitterati
06-07-2013, 06:22 PM
it won't finish till next sunday! last episode 9pm! omg!

Glitch
06-08-2013, 05:31 PM
I am now officially caught up!

Reapin
06-10-2013, 12:21 AM
I have decided this show sucks. It is like a soap opera where they try to titillate people with nudity. One scene I watch was this ragged looking woman talking to some crippled boy in the woods and for no reason some bald dude steps out of the bushes cock swinging. They exchange some words and he is gone.. WTF was the first thing that came to mind. It served no purpose.

Even some of the female nudity was just thrown in I am guessing to get the dudes to watch.

The show needs a bigger budget. The large scale war that is supposed to be happening (20k soldiers) is just not believable because at the most you see 10-20 people at a time on screen. This show proves to me everything on TV is crap and the last good show to ever be on was Firefly, and before that Dark Skies both only lasted 1 season.

I am guessing the books are much better, perhaps I will give them a shot.

gotrocks
06-10-2013, 01:00 AM
hbo tracks those torrents, they're going to send a nasty letter to your isp

I bet you will get an firmly written email from your isp soon

srsly though hbo tracks torrents pretty hard, hope you use some kind of torrent ghosting thingy

this is not necessary if you know what you are doing.

and no, you dont need to ghost or proxy.

Reapin
06-10-2013, 06:05 PM
I haven't had cable for years:

http://www.1channel.ch/

Use an Ad Blocker

Kodlar
06-11-2013, 06:51 AM
Winter is comming sir Glitch.
http://i39.tinypic.com/i6b0xd.jpg

Tyrion should definitely be Ephi, not Nillbog.. just saying.

Clark
06-11-2013, 06:56 AM
Vikings > Game of Clowns

Clark
06-11-2013, 06:57 AM
Razdeline that picture is hilarious

Kagatobs
06-11-2013, 07:35 AM
This show is really bad. It's as if you all have been misguided from the direction of any type of worthy talented story telling and theater. Reading all those pages of nonsense in the book form must have been an intellect retardment.

Oh boy, a bunch of people were stabbed in a wedding betrayal synopsis. Oh my god, lets all freak out and record reactions of very young children watching low tier horror and act like it's the greatest thing ever produced in the history of anything.

S
T
U
P
I
D

S
H
O
W and book.

Hasbinbad
06-11-2013, 12:16 PM
nobody was emotionally invested in jason_victim_01

that's the beauty of GRRM, he makes you love his doomed characters.