PDA

View Full Version : Noob - Gear Advice?

Wells
06-05-2013, 03:32 AM
Just some background...

EQ was my first MMO and even though I've played many others, I've never had quite the experience that I had with EQ. After hearing about Project 1999, I had to jump back in. With that being said, I have several friends who started their MMO experience with Asheron's Call 2 and I've always felt like they've been screwed as far as first experiences go... You never forget your first.

Before trying to bring them in, I wanted to level up a druid so that I could have a character that was solid support (healing, buffing, porting) in order to help the transition.

As far as gear and what I have:
Jasper Gold Earring x2 (Gifted)
Testament of Vanear (Quested)

I'm currently level 16 and plan on hitting up the Nybright Sisters until level 19 or so and from what I've read will net me about 1-2k plat. With that kind of plat, what would be the biggest bang for my buck?

Thanks in advance!

Pyrion
06-05-2013, 06:59 AM
As a druid you are not very gear dependent at all. Maybe the best bang for your buck is to simply save the money for alts or for your friends who might need it for a melee class.

Estu
06-05-2013, 09:29 AM
FYI a druid is not a very good support class; they are outhealed by clerics and outbuffed by various classes, so they are not in very high demand for groups or raids. They are a good solo class if you charm animals.

That being said, if you plan on charming or grouping, you don't really need gear, so you can save the plat for an alt or just buy wis/mana gear if the druid is going to be your main (the gear will come in handy for eventual raids, and has some use in groups). Basically, try to get your WIS to 200 and get +mana whenever you can (especially if your WIS is already 200). If you plan on quad-kiting, which is slower EXP than charming but preferred by some, you should push for wis/mana gear faster.