PDA

View Full Version : The Story of Poopgun and Galadhwen

runlvlzero
06-24-2013, 05:30 PM
The foul mansion of unrest lie just beyond the dwarven realm of Kaladim. The dwarves had driven trolls and ogres from their fair rural homesteads in the Butcherblock mountains. Faydwer was looking to be a serene and calm place again. Many young elves, gnomes, and dwarves ventured into the wilderness to seek new glory and adventure.

One night in Crushbone defending the front lines of her homeland a powerful elven princess by the name of Faerie whispered there was much to be gained from unrests foul undead occupants. A bloodstained mantle and pair of incredibly fine dwarven work boots once worn by the King of Kaladim himself. These items would greatly aid the young elf in her adventures throughout the lands.

Galadhwen stepped into the Cauldron in which the estate was located. No one knows how the place was created. Its almost as if it was blasted from the very bedrock of the mountains. One may wonder if thats how unrests residents died. She made her way over the rocks and boiling pools of acidic water. Past a camp of mighty adventurers. Sneaking past fearsome Tidal Lords who would like nothing more then to feast on her flesh. A few scattered risen dead made their way aimlessly about in circles. Perpetually lost in an endless loop. Shoal serpents hid behind every boulder.

When she arrived at the estate of unrest there was no sign of sentient life. Just beetles scurrying about the yard and a few moans and groaning off in the distance. She fought these foul beasts before and knew what to expect. She quickly made her way to the front door and and charged the ghouls within. They fell before her mighty blades. Tired, Galadhwen sat to rest a moment pondering what happened to the trolls and ogres that lived long ago on Faydwer.

Half way through her rest she smelled something foul wafting in through the doors of the mansion. Something worse than undead. It wreaked of a sewer instead of rotting flesh. She quickly made her way outside. Running towards the front of the estate to see what had arrived. It was a massive troll. Almost 12 ft tall and bristling with an amazing set of incredibly dark armor. He wielded a giant maul that was almost as big as the troll himself. Surely there was no way this troll could have crafted, neigh any troll could have achieved such masterful work in the art of armor smithing. This troll served a march more powerful enemy.

Galadhwen stood for a moment thinking if this creature did not attack she would just observe and see what he was here for. Galadhwen and this monstrous agent of the shadow stood facing off for a minute. As Galadhwen moved to leave so did the troll. He came directly at Galadhwen. She didn't hesitate to swing first. She struck a blow to the troll who barely noticed the pain. It laughed and swung its mighty maul lazily missing Galadhwen's agile small frame. He roared and spun. Galadhwen knew this was going to be a tough fight. It seemed she was more skilled and accurate with her blade. More agile. But this troll should he land a blow would cripple her and stagger her to the ground where she would be easy prey. The armor was clearly something suited more for a General then a lowly infantryman. This troll was a grizzled veteran of many campaigns, even if unskilled in personal combat.

Galadhwen determined to avoid the troll as he summoned his foul magic and swung his mighty maul. She hid in the tunnel leading to the cauldron avoiding many of his attempts to use shadow to destroy her advantage of agility. The troll radiated something worse then stench, some dark magic emanated from his being. She attempted to purge this magic, but every time she did, the troll just glowed a bright and sparking red. It seemed any attempt to even the odds would be futile. She had to rely on her superior skill and training alone.

The troll charged again screaming POOOOPGUUNN SMASH!!! LILTLE EVLES... she wounded him badly, but was slowly loosing the fight. Poopgun managed to steal some of her life every attempt. Yet she hid from most of his life drains. Dodging around the corner to let fly an arrow and stop the troll from regaining any of his focus or catch a breath of rest. The fight went on. As Galadhwen slowly worked through attrition the troll became more and more eager to end the fight. Galadhwen managed to bandage and staunch some of her wounds giving her just enough rest to make a crucial charge. The troll took a few severe blows. Galadhwen felt a brutal pain rip through her spine. She was near death and ran for escape. The faster and healthier Poopgun was sure victory was his. She ran to the far back corners of the tunnel hoping her agility would allow her to dodge the troll more nimbly if she could put him in a space too small for his massive clumsy frame.

Poopgun was expertly lured into the trap. In Galadhwen's berserk fury she determined to end the fight. Her sword cut deeply into the troll making him scream in pain. The odds were even again. Galadhwen furiously worked to finish him. She knew that she would not feel the sting of his dark gods blessing again. Fear of instantaneous death was no longer a burden. Buff less and with weak and tattered armor she finally brought Poopgun to his knees. Poopgun was surprised and overwhelmed by the young warriors fierce tenacity. Galadhwen and Poopgun stood face to face one last time. Both near death and exhaustion. The final hit would determine the outcome of this fight. Luck and adrenaline prevailed that day. The young and inexperienced Galadhwen managed to time her attack just right. She struck the final blow on her opponent. It could have ended differently a thousand times. No mistakes were made and the kill was as clean. She stood over her fallen opponent triumphant in her first victory. This was the life she had always dreamed of. Fighting for honor and glory. No opponent would ever break Galadhwen.

http://i.imgur.com/iz19jgS.jpg

/ooc I was a red con to Poopgun, but Poopgun had far superior gear, clickies, jboots, started the fight at 100% hp while I was 60%. Poopgun is a grizzled veteran of EQ PvP. I'm a total noob. I don't know if he even broke a sweat while fighting me. But my heart was pounding towards the end where every joust counted. It was amazing and I love this warrior =) Thanks for the fight. I had to write a little story to share. I know its fairly amateur but its the best I could do. I honestly think my adrenaline rush made this fight, had I passively 'just pvp'd' without caring I would have lost. The fact that I was going to have a shot at killing Poopgun really pushed me to the edge of my abilities. Had a headache hangover for the rest of the day. But it was glorious and well worth it.

Sickpuppy
06-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Did not read

Bazia
06-24-2013, 05:52 PM
i enjoyed it, only read the last 3 paragraphs though

Agatha
06-24-2013, 06:21 PM
cant read it, want to, but just cant, but i assume its good. A+

mtb tripper
06-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Nice

p-niner
06-24-2013, 06:42 PM
Well plated

big league chew
06-24-2013, 06:49 PM
not sure what kinda gear you think poopgun has but gatorsmash maul & no haste isn't really what i call a twink today

good fight tho i had fun & was disappointed when you immediately plugged upon my return :/

runlvlzero
06-24-2013, 06:56 PM
I saw Quina and /camped to do some housework and chores, I was still reeling from the first fight and wanted a break and to keep my small victory for a little while. That doesn't lessen the fun had IMO. Sorry to disappoint. I think Poopgun is geared fairly ) Not saying you were unfairly geared, just that it helped make up for the difference in con somewhat. But I have bronze/raw-hide and some decent weapons. Now I have a bit better stuff like HBC which I transferred off my wiz to the war.

I was pretty speechless till I came back and <Knights Templar> got me in the hallway hehe.

Thanks all who enjoyed my writing. If you didn't read I really understand I hate reading amateur stuff myself.

Tomato King6
06-24-2013, 07:54 PM
i enjoy storytime posts and read them all

sure beats the mads or crybabies imo

Faerie
06-24-2013, 08:02 PM
Great story! I read it with this playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmf34m42JyI&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Galadhwen a heroine for the ages :)

runlvlzero
06-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Lol - seriously great song though =) TY!!!

mtb tripper
06-24-2013, 08:56 PM
Ol pal chew