PDA

View Full Version : so, after playing my warr for a while...

kined
06-25-2013, 01:37 PM
I kind of got nervous and abandoned him. He's lvl 17 ATM and I decided to level a bard instead so I could do some soloing. Now that my bard is caught up I think I wanna switch back and forth between the two.

My issue is that I'm worried it will be a waste of time and plat. I feel like warriors are mediocre and won't be able to advance me very much for gear and farming, nor will I have any utility to anyone outside of group. But I really like filling the role of tank and I love high end content.

So basically I just wanna ask you how are warriors from 30+? Will I really be needed? Will I be able to fund my own gear with him? What makes warrior worth playing?

I'm trying to get a decent starter kit for him. With only 300 plat to spend I won't be getting aany sets of crafted or fungi, so hopefully ill be okay he he. If anyone has any old gear for sale let me know :)

spoils
06-26-2013, 09:52 AM
I kind of got nervous and abandoned him. He's lvl 17 ATM and I decided to level a bard instead so I could do some soloing. Now that my bard is caught up I think I wanna switch back and forth between the two.

My issue is that I'm worried it will be a waste of time and plat. I feel like warriors are mediocre and won't be able to advance me very much for gear and farming, nor will I have any utility to anyone outside of group. But I really like filling the role of tank and I love high end content.

So basically I just wanna ask you how are warriors from 30+? Will I really be needed? Will I be able to fund my own gear with him? What makes warrior worth playing?

I'm trying to get a decent starter kit for him. With only 300 plat to spend I won't be getting aany sets of crafted or fungi, so hopefully ill be okay he he. If anyone has any old gear for sale let me know :)

U went the wrong route if your goals were to farm...shaman, druid, chanter, necro, mages are the farmers...

U farm to get the cash u need to play the toon u really want to main...

Infectious
06-26-2013, 03:51 PM
Dude play what you want. I know everyone says that, but its the truth. What I did on blue was roll mage. Got him to 60 and sold the account. I then went to play my first choice, sk. After puttin so much time in the mage I didnt feel like playing for a couple months. Once I got back, red was released and I used my blue plat for red. Moral of story. Just play what you want. Velious isnt gona be out in a month or two, so you have plenty of time to get maxxed out gear/stat wise. Just looking back, I played a mage to farm gear for the character I really wanted to play. When If I played an sk I would have gotten to 60 anyway and been happy leveling him up

Cords
06-27-2013, 01:44 AM
First off, Warrior is not a solo class, it shines brightest in Groups and raids, Warriors have the highest hp, and have the highest Taunt ability modifier. SK, and Palidians are great, but in a raid I would rather have a warrior in front.

Bards are one of the best plat farmers in the game don't mind Spoils. You can swarm kite pulling as many mobs as you want in a single pull, lots of xp, and faster loot. You not only have one way to solo but 3, Charm kiting, Fear kiting, and swarm, so no matter what the situation you have a song for it. I only say this because, Warriors are all gear based, and unless you have a guild who will help you get that gear, The bard is where its at when it comes to fast cash.

The other thing I want to mention that you brought up, "But I really like filling the role of tank and I love high end content." Bards and warriors are key rolls, So if you want to tank and hold the mob, keeping it taunted, while all your dps is at the back doing there jobs that is awesome, If you want to twist buffs, de-buffs, memorize, charm, stun, and heal/clarity then that is awesome also, both are great class choices. I hope you have fun no matter what choice you make. I played both when I started everquest back in 1999, and I loved both of my characters when I stopped in 2005. I'm just glad I found EqEmu so I can do it all over again.

kined
06-27-2013, 03:27 PM
First off, Warrior is not a solo class, it shines brightest in Groups and raids, Warriors have the highest hp, and have the highest Taunt ability modifier. SK, and Palidians are great, but in a raid I would rather have a warrior in front.

Bards are one of the best plat farmers in the game don't mind Spoils. You can swarm kite pulling as many mobs as you want in a single pull, lots of xp, and faster loot. You not only have one way to solo but 3, Charm kiting, Fear kiting, and swarm, so no matter what the situation you have a song for it. I only say this because, Warriors are all gear based, and unless you have a guild who will help you get that gear, The bard is where its at when it comes to fast cash.

The other thing I want to mention that you brought up, "But I really like filling the role of tank and I love high end content." Bards and warriors are key rolls, So if you want to tank and hold the mob, keeping it taunted, while all your dps is at the back doing there jobs that is awesome, If you want to twist buffs, de-buffs, memorize, charm, stun, and heal/clarity then that is awesome also, both are great class choices. I hope you have fun no matter what choice you make. I played both when I started everquest back in 1999, and I loved both of my characters when I stopped in 2005. I'm just glad I found EqEmu so I can do it all over again.

thanks for the advice, this is the kind of answer i was looking for. i think bard is what im looking for at the moment, i didnt realize how many uses they had. once i get some plat to fund my warrior though i hope i can get into a raid scene. i definitely love the tank role, so ill just play it when i get bored of kiting hehe.

Cords
06-27-2013, 06:33 PM
I think that's an awesome idea. Warriors with the right gear can solo blues, and whites so don't completely count them out. Just make sure to always carry bandages, and max out your bind wounds fast. Hope to see you online, when I get my main computer back up and running. Cheers.

Buellen
06-27-2013, 11:05 PM
as other have said "play what is fun for you"

War can solo and their have been plenty of threads on what to kil to get your shiny toys warriors depend on.

Bandages are you friends

group , duo , trio are the bomb for war class but more than likely you will have to solo.

I personally have seen more than a few warrior soloing in 30's and no they did not have fancy regeneration gear. way i saw guy in frontier mountains doing it was bind wound to half then sit a few min to get some siting hp regen then engage. rinse repeat. It not amazingly fast like solo classes but it doable .

nothing more Boring than sitting on you butt with LFG tag o and not doing anything else.

Learn what mobs you can kill solo with half your hp. max bind wounds etc etc.

will not discuss gear as plenty of other threads exist about that.

Garu 40th Level Half Elf Warrior

Sarius
06-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Can make a lot of plat easy with a bard if you can master swarm kiting. A lot of bards offer a PL service for PBAoE classes 30-50, but if you can level to 30 and offer PL services for melee 30-50 I'm sure you would get a lot of business. Get sacrificed down to 45, sell EE's and PL more.

wolffien
06-28-2013, 11:26 AM
I just found p1999 2 weeks ago. solo most of my way to 25, finding a few groups in befallen then solo in unrest then grouped in MM and now in highkeep, just hit 30 yesterday. i did the same thing back in 1999 when xegony 1st went live. my plan will have me to lev 50-60 with in 30 days. trick for warriors is post lev 25ish you have to group. group with players At or over your level. so you are not holding the group up for dps. stick to dungen/ exp bonus zones. and move on to the next zone when you are no longer killing a mix of red/yellow and some dark blue. get out of zones with light blues fast! ignore anyone giving you crap over tuant. it is not effective much untill lev 50+, and dont worry about it. best thing you can do to have agro is be the puller. pull with melee and tuant. not arrows/daggers.why? so that you build higher agro on the pull. once you get them to camp you have a better chance of holding agro. but truth is and always will be. any DPS can pull agro off a warrior. it is on the DPS to be on top of there own output, a major issue I have seen so far is the high number of noob casters, ping pong of the early years of EQ is alive and well. I finaly grouped with a real enc the other day who had a real sack on her, and i had no problem holding agro when I did not have to go chase the mob down to pull agro back. she stood right next to me when she knew she needed to. she knew she would draw agro. she knew her best chance for me to get it back was to stand there and take it, i worked on regaining the agro. this is a dance that even back in the day on live most players have no clue or desire to figure out. but they will blame the warrior for not holding agro. lastly best advise, work on your core group players, build the relationships with other players leveling other class's at your same rate, but dont lock yourself down to a click. always be extending your brood, and some day you may be a warrior with a strong alliance of players that work together well and can win great battles and have a blast doing it. I highly suggest the use of a voice chat service lie teamspeak3 or ventrilo. I have both a vent and TS3 server I use myself. got long in the tooth sorry. last word. dont get distracted keep drilling mobs. dont let your exp ticker stop. if your going to be online playing this game focus on getting to 60 the lev cap atm. when people see you working your ass off along the way you will find support in people who are quality, ignore those who need to flame or hate.

Wolffien
Remember if you need to cheat or BUY your advancement have you really advanced? If you pay attention and work, you gain the skills to be Pro!

wolffien
06-28-2013, 11:41 AM
make a few who keys and update them often

if your say lev 20
hot key says
Name: LFG
/who all LFG 19 25 keep this a 6 level spread

Hot key says
Name:friends
/who all friends

Name: Guild
/who all GUILD

key ones for warriors

Name: Heals
/who all sham 19 25
/who all cleric 19 25
/who all druid 19 25
make sure you update the levels on your hot keys as you level up.
there is a great you tube video out there P1999 hotkey sence heading. watch it if you dont know already why i say this.

read player leveling guides and advise, but build your own road to 60. great example, a lev 30 druid said he was to high to group with us in highkeep basement. in he time he was online we had 1 player also a druid go all the way from ding 30 to 47% into 31, that druid is still lev 30, if there is a solid group never pass it up. if the can chain mad pulls nothing is faster.

this all based on a warriors take.

Wolffien
Remember if you need to cheat or BUY your advancement have you really advanced? If you pay attention and work, you gain the skills to be Pro!

Samoht
06-28-2013, 11:41 AM
^ terrible advice, lol

wolffien
06-28-2013, 11:48 AM
do the crafted _________ warrior armor quests or buy the armor its cheep to buy off others who no longer need. some farm the quests most parts are 150-200p each
plat wed rings 5ac 55 health 150p each, there is a 5ac 5 str 5 int neckless. get str or stan earings. watch auction for cheep 10 20 wep bash or slash, anything close to 10 20. this is all great for leveling to 60, for leveling gear focus only on AC sta, this will change later when you reach lev 60 to focus on the type of war you want to be.
Wolffien