PDA

View Full Version : Iksar shamans gimped?

Numbers_
06-26-2013, 07:43 PM
I have a level 25 (I think) shaman and while I'm enjoying the class I'm a little worried that I won't be able to do the things other shamans can at max level, like soloing big named mobs.

I don't mind leveling slower (while soloing) without a JBB from 45-60, but not being able to solo some of the harder stuff at 60 might be a deal breaker for me.

Do you need a JBB to solo super hard mobs like the dragons and such in Velious? How big of a disadvantage is not having a JBB while soloing epic type mobs?

Thanks for the info.

Sarius
06-26-2013, 08:36 PM
I don't think the JBB is a deal breaker. The extra regen will help you canni dance so you can throw in an extra dot as needed

Estu
06-26-2013, 09:44 PM
At 60, when you'll be soloing hard mobs, a JBB is irrelevant since you have infinite mana from torpor anyway.

gotrocks
06-26-2013, 11:12 PM
iksar shamans end up being the best shamans in the game come velious. they are very close to the best in kunark. dont worry about that silly jbb, its not a dealbreaker.

Numbers_
06-27-2013, 06:23 AM
Whew, ok good.

I rrrreally didn't want to start over again and I like the way Iksar look.

Thanks for the info guys.

diplo
06-27-2013, 10:46 AM
by the time your 60, velious will be out and iirc you should be able to wear some plate?

SirAlvarex
06-27-2013, 10:50 AM
The only thing Iksar Shamans are missing is frontal stun immunity. I tried a Troll Shaman to 20, then re-rolled Ogre and I found it to be a world of difference. But this was with some pretty decent twink gear.

So if you were wanting to re-roll, the Stun Immunity would be the only reason. I hear it's important if you want to solo dragons/wurms in Velious, but I'm sure with good gear and careful planning/skill you'd be fine.

Splorf22
06-27-2013, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't be quite so quick to dismiss the JBB. The problem with Torpor is that it doesn't stack. If you cycle torpor/canni/dots, then yes you'll probably do similar damage to the JBB. But if you are tanking something really badass (like the Sebilite Protector, even slowed) you'll be taking huge damage and need your torpor to heal up.