PDA

View Full Version : Druid Charming

SirSmithington
07-02-2013, 04:53 PM
I have read several threads on Druid Charming strategies and have been attempting to apply them on my new 14 druid in East Karana. I have run into a couple of issues that I was hoping to get some direction on.

First, I have tried charming a dark blue (often a lion of some sort) and sending it against a yellow gorge hound. I find the gorge hound tears apart the lion rather quickly while taking minimal damage itself even if I throw thorns and/or a heal to my pet lion. If this happens, I use flame lick/whirling winds to take agro and kite it while it's snared. Unfortunately, the pet seems to miss a lot and takes forever to kill it while I have to reapply snare several times before it gets low enough to run. Am I doing something wrong or is this just trickier and more mana intensive at lvl 14?

My second question relates to the opposite scenario when I take a dark blue pet and send it on another dark blue target (lion vs lion). I find my pet often destroys the target without taking much damage. I then break charm early to dps down my pet (taking extra mana since my pet is only lightly damaged) before killing the non pet lion.

Lastly, I was wondering does it matter whether I kill the target or my former pet first? Does the exp suction happen only if the pet is currently charmed or if the former pet is still alive regardless?

Any help would be much appreciated as this is all new to me.

Estu
07-02-2013, 05:45 PM
1) You should be snare kiting most of the time, but let your pet take enough damage that it's almost dead at the same time that the target is almost dead. Do not bother casting anything on your pet. This method worked well for me in EK at your level; I dunno about it taking forever to kill the yellow target, it seemed fine to me.

2) Don't buff your pet, if you already are. If your pet is killing the target too fast then attempt tougher targets.

3) You need to kill your pet first, or you will only get 50% exp for the target kill.

SirSmithington
07-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the reply and the info.

Furinex
07-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Fighting animals? Fear them. Your pet wont get hit.

Fuddwin
07-03-2013, 06:00 PM
The order in which u kill the mobs after you break charm does not matter.... You can kill them in any order...

Infectious
07-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Just charm mob and kite away. Once your higher and get the invis to animal ring their are better methods to charming on druid. But at 14, take the exp penalty. Your still gona level fast then most other classes... Can also find a enc to charm duo with or rogue or any other class.

Hobie819
07-27-2013, 10:50 AM
You can also do as you've been doing, but root the low HP mob when it's around 10% and back your pet off, find another blue mob and repeat. When you have 3 or 4 mobs all around 10% including your pet, break charm and kill all 4. If done correctly, you should use about 30-40% mana for 4 kills.

The best thing to do is to target animals for the first 3 mobs to include your pet so you can fear kite them, then the last one you can choose whatever because you wont be fearing it. Break charm and kill 4 mobs for a little bit of mana and a significant portion of XP.