PDA

View Full Version : 3 Questions Pets/Ench/Duo

adament1824
07-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Is there any way to tell what buffs your pet has or keep track of them (only way to time them yourself?)

For enchanters quickness the wiki says lasts 6mins up to 11mins but a guide I read said it lasts a standard 11mins anyone know which is correct?

Enc + Nec or Enc + Sham both seem to be good and my friend is currently leveling both but not sure which one he should play more for us.

Thanks!

Malone88
07-09-2013, 02:43 PM
1) Pet buff window doesn't work, so I don't know of a way to tell what
pet buffs are on pet.

2) I think Quickness duration varies depending on your level. Cast it on
yourself and see what the duration is with mouseover.

3) If I had a choice, I'd take enchanter + shaman for the heals. Duoing
with a persistant, hasted pet as your tank is much easier than having
to grab new pets all the time. Nice to have shaman heals to back you
up when pet charm breaks and pet beats down on you. Chloro and
SoW are also very nice.

Estu
07-09-2013, 02:51 PM
1) You have to time them yourself, or eyeball it (if it's a haste buff, see how fast the pet is attacking, etc.).

2) Most buffs scale in their duration with level, and I believe quickness is no exception. You can do a /who all enc 20 30 (or whatever level is relevant) and ask those enchanters how long their quickness lasts, and compare it to a higher-level enchanter. Chances are, the lower-level ones will have a shorter quickness.

Swish
07-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Also don't rely on the wiki to plan for buff timers, they're not always right :p

Estu
07-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Also don't rely on the wiki to plan for buff timers, they're not always right :p

But DO correct them if they're wrong~

adament1824
07-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the quick responses!

Having a blast on P99 so far, any more input on sham vs nec. Seems sham is better option, also he seems like he likes the more melee caster that sham brings.

Treefall
07-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the quick responses!

Having a blast on P99 so far, any more input on sham vs nec. Seems sham is better option, also he seems like he likes the more melee caster that sham brings.

He'll spend a lot of leveling time out of melee though. Early on, and later on, he'll step back up there when need be. ;)

kaos057
07-10-2013, 07:25 AM
1) Pet buff window doesn't work, so I don't know of a way to tell what
pet buffs are on pet.

Pet window should not even exist yet.

I remember on live there was a message when a pet's buff wore off. That doesnt work here unless its a charmed pet. Not sure if that's intended or not.