PDA

View Full Version : New Halfling Druid

Numkin
07-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Just started a halfling druid on blue. Never really played a druid or a halfling on live and wanted a class I could use to quickly get on and kill a few things or run some errands.

I'm use to ak'anon and other newbie areas that have sklys or other humnoids carrying armor/weapons that I could sell for spell money, but I'm not finding that in mistythicket area.

What can I kill/do around this area to get spell money to at least buy my lvl 1/5 spells and some backpacks?

I do not have any high lvl chars so twinking or the like isn't an option, only other char I have is an 8 chanter.

Thanks!

Estu
07-10-2013, 11:23 AM
You can go to EC, get buffs from people in the tunnel, and just melee things with your Club* to level 10 or so without any spells. At that point, there are a ton of decaying skeletons in North Ro near Freeport where you can farm bone chips to sell for 5-10pp a stack, as well as rusty weapons and cloth armor to sell to merchants; you can also go after spiderlings for spiderling silk and bears for high quality bear skins to sell to people.

Crawdad
07-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Killing bears will be the easiest way to get spell money. My low level toons always struggle to sell bone chips and other lowbie drops, whereas someone's always buying HQ bear pelts. Spiderling/Spider silk also sells well, but I'm not familiar with Misty thicket mobs. Heading to WFP/EC area as low level as possible is not a bad idea, unless you're doing the Qeynos experience.

You don't need anything above patchwork for armor, keep one cracked staff to melee with and sell the rest for that mad 1pp. No need for +wis gear until 19 or 20, if even then.

Once you get to 14th, head to LFay and solo the Sisters Camp and relish not having to worry about money for a while. You'll easily make 1-2k pp from 14-20 soloing, a little less if you duo it-- which is fine, you'll probably have a hard time keeping up with respawn until 19 untwinked, I know I did.

Gustoo
07-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Level 1-20 are by far the hardest levels on a druid. Just stick with it and you will get to be more powerful. Once you outgrow the thicket you will need to go to freeport newbie areas, the thicket runs out of mobs atl ike level 8.

Kill skeletons and goblins and hope for cracked staffs.

lecompte
07-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Can also get into orc groups at around level 5 and sell belts. Or just outright ask in ooc in EC if someone is willing to throw 20-50pp your way to get you started -- that kinda money is easy come easy go and will more than pay itself off for the giver when they start asking for ports ;p. Speaking of which, I'll be home in an hour and can give ya some PP.

Numkin
07-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I was hoping to stick around mistythicket as I have never really played in that area.

I've noticed that bear skins sell well. So will work on getting pelts.

@IECompte I won't ask for money, but if its offered never turn away someone's good will :P

I won't be on for several more hours, around 5ish. If you happen to be on I'll look you up. Would assume your on one of the chars in your tag.

I'm looking forward to getting 14+ for sows and then ports, should make life lot easier and if I can talk my wife into playing make her life easier too :P

lecompte
07-10-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm at work myself and raid after work. I'm not sure what character I'll be on during that but I'll /who numkin later this evening and send you a tell if you dun send me one first.

Numkin
07-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Nimkin is my chanters name, for some reason Numkin was already taken....

My druids name escapes me as I just created him and used a random name.

I'll respond later this evening, when I know his name, and I'll log into my chanter anyways.