PDA

View Full Version : Decent all-around shaman gear

Fartbarf
07-12-2013, 10:39 AM
Hello,

Currently looking for a shaman gear set that is viable for slow tanking and root/roting. I play exclusively solo and am running out of funds. This is what I haveto far:

Head -
Neck - black sapphire platinum necklace
Shoulders -
Face - platinum ruby veil
Ears - black sapphire earrings
Back - hooded black cloak
Arms -
Wrists - runed mithril beaver x2
Hands -
Chest - fungi tunic
Legs -
Feet - golden efreeti boots
Primary - slime coated harpoon
Secondary - book of obulus
Range - darksea harpoon

This is what I am thinking:
Not sure what to do about shoulders, money is getting tight. Totemic for all other armor slots. But a poison wind sensor for tanking.

Any advice is appreciated.

Sorry for typos, done on phone.

Estu
07-12-2013, 11:48 AM
What level are you? I think that if you're above level 30 or 40, root-dotting will be more efficient than tanking. I think tanking is only really useful when you have torpor or if you're fighting a monster that summons, or something; if you're just EXPing, dotting would be faster. Correct me if I'm wrong, other shamans, but this has been my experience. Granted, my gear is less than mind-blowing.

DOPE
07-12-2013, 11:54 AM
You had me at runed mithril beaver.

Estu
07-12-2013, 12:31 PM
You had me at runed mithril beaver.

Haha, I missed that.

Fartbarf
07-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Currently a 10 troll shaman.

My intent is to buy a set of gear that will float me to 45 ish. So I can get away from the tunnel.

Estu
07-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Currently a 10 troll shaman.

My intent is to buy a set of gear that will float me to 45 ish. So I can get away from the tunnel.

OK, at your level, meleeing is certainly very effective, but at around level 20 or 30 you'll probably want to switch to dotting. Experiment and see what's fastest (including recovery time). Make sure to pick up 5/55 rings.

Lojik
07-12-2013, 01:52 PM
OK, at your level, meleeing is certainly very effective, but at around level 20 or 30 you'll probably want to switch to dotting. Experiment and see what's fastest (including recovery time). Make sure to pick up 5/55 rings.

I could not afford on my shaman at that level, but check out a poison wind censor... heard those are great for slow tanking come level 20.

Fartbarf
07-12-2013, 02:19 PM
Will do!

Fartbarf
07-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Any suggestions for the unfilled spots?

Should I just stick to totemic? Or maybe jaundiced bone for handss and arms.?

Suggestions for shoulders? I was looking as embroidered black cape, if nothing else.

Thanks again.

xexbis0
07-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Tattered mantle for shoulders.