PDA

View Full Version : new wizard

Joox
07-29-2013, 07:32 AM
Hi fellow casters, any suggestions for wizard soloing locations 4-60? Thanks!

Raavak
07-29-2013, 07:59 AM
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Wizard_Soloing_Guide_by_Level

Estu
07-29-2013, 08:39 AM
That guide is kind of hard to read. Here's what I suggest:

Without JBoots or SoW potions, you can't really quad until you get Bonds of Force at 29, so it will be very slow going until then. You could try and find/form dungeon groups (Crushbone/Blackburrow, Unrest, Mistmoore) until you get there, or root-nuke in outdoor zones (you can pretty much do 1-29 in the Karanas). If you DO have JBoots or SoW potions, you can quad before getting Bonds of Force. I haven't done it, though, so I'm not sure about locations. You could probably do the Karanas starting at level 10 or 12 (bandits in WK, then wolves and spiders in EK, then whatever in SK).

At around 29, you can do Everfrost mammoths near the Permafrost zone line, which are great because they commonly drop tusks that sell for 9pp each to merchants.

Once they go light blue, go to Firiona Vie. Exit the town and follow the cliffs on your right to find a large safe spot with a lot of monsters walking around nearby. Start with pirates, then move to drolvargs.

Once FV gets light blue, you should be good to do tundra yetis in Dreadlands. After that, spectres in Feerrott, Oasis, or Ocean of Tears, After that, spirocs in Timorous Deep, then maybe raptors in TD if you can handle them, then start looking for or forming AE groups, because they're the fastest EXP in the game in the mid-to-high 50s.

Raavak
07-29-2013, 08:53 AM
Agreed.

Someone should write a new soloing doc. Basically take what you wrote and flesh it out some.

Mythdar
07-29-2013, 10:22 AM
What about the bard diet? Do wizards need faction?

Raavak
07-29-2013, 10:33 AM
Not that I know of. Just Sol Ro faction really. Bard diet might be good up until you can quad effectively, at which point I think that's your best bet (aside pbaoe).

Lojik
07-29-2013, 12:12 PM
If you are NOT evil I suggest blackburrow. Get some gnoll teeth and do that quest. Early solo levels on a wiz are the most difficult. You can get to 8 pretty fast by turning in gnoll teeth, could probably even get to 12. I would definitely leave BB by 12 though, too slow after that.

Joox
07-29-2013, 01:02 PM
I'm a dark elf