PDA

View Full Version : Are shamans annoying to play?

bhatz01
07-31-2013, 12:26 PM
I've gotten a shaman to 20, and so far it has been fairly enjoyable.

My concern is that once I acquire Canni, that my life will be reduced to buff botting and canni dancing, with endless slows thrown in.

It's great to be needed, but playing a class that appears to need an extra set of hands, or bard like dexterity to manage seems a bit ADD.

Can any shamans pipe up and give their thoughts?

big league chew
07-31-2013, 12:28 PM
pve or pvp?

if pve, congrats you just figured out EQ.... regardless of class you do the same thing or few things over and over again until you finally grow up

Craglar
07-31-2013, 12:29 PM
I loved the solo life. But mistmoore wasn't bad around your level.

Rhambuk
07-31-2013, 02:15 PM
My concern is that once I acquire Canni, that my life will be reduced to buff botting and canni dancing, with endless slows thrown in.

If your in a raid this is pretty much it. In a group you only need to buff 6 people so youll have mana to slow / dps and heal a bit here and there. Solo/duo there are a lot of different play options.

Shaman are versatile and can fill many roles and are wanted everywhere all the time. Great class hope you enjoy it

lecompte
07-31-2013, 02:35 PM
I've gotten a shaman to 20, and so far it has been fairly enjoyable.

It's great to be needed, but playing a class that appears to need an extra set of hands, or bard like dexterity to manage seems a bit ADD.

If you don't have ADD, consume vast quantities of caffiene to s(t)imulate it.

Shaman is fun for me cause I revel in my own bad-assery.

Estu
07-31-2013, 05:13 PM
I enjoy Shaman play. I'd rather have a lot of stuff to do than hit auto-attack at the beginning of a fight and click a taunt button once in a while, or whatever.

Malone88
07-31-2013, 05:42 PM
You get nukes and DoTs and a pet wolf too....lots of variety.

Canni-dancing to manage your mana is a lot more interesting than
just sitting there medding like the other priest classes.

All classes are monotonous to a degree. Shaman has more variety
than most.

Lojik
08-01-2013, 01:55 AM
I dont think its annoying. I have the kind of personality where I always have to be doing stuff. Even with shaman though it can be over the top with how much you're clicking, plus so many different spells /items in your arsenal it keeps it interesting. Duos are lots of fun, raids would be annoying, groups are good too and solo is good.

If it gets to be too much make another char too that is simple to play. I picked a wizard heh. Then you can play both depending on what sort of mood you're in.

lecompte
08-01-2013, 02:48 PM
[QUOTE=Lojik;1056190]I dont think its annoying. I have the kind of personality where I always have to be doing stuff. Even with shaman though it can be over the top with how much you're clicking...[QUOTE]

I rest my case.

Zyn
08-01-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm enjoying my level 24 Shaman, I'm excited for the variety that awaits me. Shamans really do get a lot of tools: slows, hastes, nukes, dots, heals, regens, buffs, wolfy pets, and more.

Plus you become a demigod at level 60 with torpor.

Arterian
08-01-2013, 04:29 PM
For those of you that have played a class with FD as their main...how do you adjust to playing a shaman?

phobus
08-01-2013, 04:43 PM
For those of you that have played a class with FD as their main...how do you adjust to playing a shaman?

At a high level, you're pretty hard to kill, so there is that.

If you're really screwed, though: Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap (http://wiki.project1999.org/Leatherfoot_Raider_Skullcap). Accept no subtitutes.

Rhambuk
08-01-2013, 05:02 PM

Theres always,

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/9/9/9959617a15eaa1b58c1ac9c94230100b.png

lecompte
08-01-2013, 05:06 PM
and shaman's get FD:
http://wiki.project1999.org/Vermilion_Sky_Ring
Yes, it is rechargable with a stone from PoS

Lojik
08-01-2013, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=Lojik;1056190]I dont think its annoying. I have the kind of personality where I always have to be doing stuff. Even with shaman though it can be over the top with how much you're clicking...[QUOTE]

I rest my case.

Prescribe me some aderol doctor!

kaos057
08-02-2013, 11:27 AM
Pretty much every spell caster other than wizard is nothing more than a utility on raids. Even wizards can sometimes get jobs other than dps. The only exception to that is guilds that zerg stuff and have more than enough of each class. Most raids will have a buff shaman or 2, a debuff shaman, and any extras are used for keeping dps alive. If you want the satisfaction of feeling like you killed something, get a duo partner and kill some cool nameds.

lecompte
08-02-2013, 01:22 PM
well... I guess Utility means useful... so you're saying that wizard is less useful than all other casters? Hmm, not sure. A druid is less useful for sure and arguably a necro.

I guess I'd agree though, mostly. I'd rather a CoTH/Mod Rod mage over a wizard. Shaman over a wizard. Cleric over a wizard. Enchanter over wizard.

kaos057
08-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Utility just means they make other classes do their jobs better. Wizards are very useful for making HPs drop fast while shamans are useful for making other classes drop HPs faster and and not die.

jarinaEQ1
08-04-2013, 05:30 AM
I've played Shaman Barbarian sine 1998 : Is you know your jobs and your limit is awersome class.

You are pur support class. Avoid to be a healer... That worst and underusage of your skills.

The most dangerous task : pull with slow :)

crossplay
08-04-2013, 10:24 AM
In raids: Yes.
In groups/soloing: No.

Waedawen
08-04-2013, 02:49 PM
If you're bitching about having a plethora of buffs / the ability to cannidance / the ability to slow, you're bitching about the adaptability and skill cap of your class.

Good shaman are stupid powerful. Bad shaman bitch about running OOM from buffs.

Faerie
08-04-2013, 04:00 PM
I've always wanted to play a shaman, but refuse to without spellsets. Swapping out spells all the time bums me out even as a druid; not gonna be doing that any more than I already do lol.

Bantam 1
08-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Well my experience thus far is:

1) I only full buff at the start and before tougher mobs/during breaks. If I'm the low level dude in the group and I'm like going to get a lot of resists... I'll full buff always (most efficient use of mana).

2) I like the feel of a shaman because the slow is starting to get really noticeable and so are my buffs.

Taking that into account - I haven't felt annoyed at all.