PDA

View Full Version : Account Trading

Rogean
08-05-2013, 11:38 PM
Similarly how it used to be treated by Sony, account trading/selling for virtual currency/items is no longer allowed. While we cannot stop the regular account sharing between family and friends, the original owner of an account will always be considered the owner of the account. Even though we have stated our refusal to support it, we can no longer allow players to be conned into accounts, either to be scammed by account recovery, or by accounts receiving disciplinary action for past actions.

I'd also like to reiterate our stance on account violations. If you share your account information, you inherit responsibility for their actions. Should an account be used to commit a violation of the rules it will be disciplined appropriately regardless of who was playing it at the time.

happyhappy
08-05-2013, 11:46 PM
This is the best day of my life, and I'm married with children.

Thank you sir.

quido
08-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Are there any consequences for people who knowingly and clearly violate this? Or is it just the liabilities listed above?

kronika
08-05-2013, 11:49 PM
Is this effective immediately? Account sales already posted in the east commonlands forum are no longer allowed to be completed?

fastboy21
08-05-2013, 11:51 PM
This is good. I only wish it had happened sooner. Still, better now than never.

Estu
08-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Great change!

AceTravis
08-05-2013, 11:57 PM
Similarly how it used to be treated by Sony, account trading/selling for virtual currency/items is no longer allowed. While we cannot stop the regular account sharing between family and friends, the original owner of an account will always be considered the owner of the account. Even though we have stated our refusal to support it, we can no longer allow players to be conned into accounts, either to be scammed by account recovery, or by accounts receiving disciplinary action for past actions.

I'd also like to reiterate our stance on account violations. If you share your account information, you inherit responsibility for their actions. Should an account be used to commit a violation of the rules it will be disciplined appropriately regardless of who was playing it at the time.

/applaud

Messie
08-06-2013, 12:00 AM
This is the best day of my life, and I'm married with children.

Thank you sir.

this is the best reply ive ever seen

teija
08-06-2013, 12:00 AM
i posted a account for sale a few hours before this post....

fishingme
08-06-2013, 12:05 AM
this will be neat to see how it effects the server a month or two down the road

Tiggles
08-06-2013, 12:08 AM
Great change!

Coolname
08-06-2013, 12:09 AM
the original owner of an account will always be considered the owner of the account. Even though we have stated our refusal to support it, we can no longer allow players to be conned into accounts

I don't get this part, so original owners are going to be reclaiming their old sold accounts now?

zanderklocke
08-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Great change!

There is going to be a huge demand for power leveling now ha.

citizen1080
08-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Gonna have some grumpy clients! =)

khanable
08-06-2013, 12:17 AM
awesome stuff

Snackies
A+++++++++++++++

senna
Crazy lol..

goodnight sweet account traders

Ephi
08-06-2013, 12:18 AM
So whats this mean? No more trading accounts?

Correct

Heebo
08-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Will this finally give us the ability to recover lost login server passwords if we own emu info?

Ephi
08-06-2013, 12:21 AM
Will this finally give us the ability to recover lost login server passwords if we own emu info?

That is EQEmu, not P99. Bug them ;)

citizen1080
08-06-2013, 12:21 AM
Sadly it will all just go underground and RMT for accounts will flourish. At least with it on the public board it was a lot harder for people to sell accounts for RMT...now RMT is going to be more common than in game currency as there is no paper trail.

Ephi
08-06-2013, 12:22 AM
Are there any consequences for people who knowingly and clearly violate this? Or is it just the liabilities listed above?

Consider this just a warning to those who want to trade accounts, buyers and sellers. This should not be an invitation for all the "hall monitors" to start reporting every instance they see (we have enough to do).

As it has been in the recent past, anyone who complains that their account was banned for RMT, MQ2, SEQ, whatever, and they just bought it, they're SOL.

Don't buy accounts, don't sell accounts, and don't share your info. Too many sad stories of people getting banned because of it.

Laledorie
08-06-2013, 12:22 AM
Great change! :)

Lanuven
08-06-2013, 12:23 AM

Doing this you would be able to bypass any owner of accounts now and in turn sending a recovery email to another one not listed on the EQemu account.

This in turn means all previously sold or traded accounts could be recovered by previous owners as long as they retained the EQemu account username. Sounds terrible.

fastboy21
08-06-2013, 12:28 AM
Doing this you would be able to bypass any owner of accounts now and in turn sending a recovery email to another one not listed on the EQemu account.

This in turn means all previously sold or traded accounts could be recovered by previous owners as long as they retained the EQemu account username. Sounds terrible.

Hopefully the folks you dealt with aren't scum bags...

Heebo
08-06-2013, 12:29 AM

not talking about recovering emu passwords - just p99 accounts. although when you buy an account you should have changed emu email anyway

Lanuven
08-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Consider this just a warning to those who want to trade accounts, buyers and sellers. This should not be an invitation for all the "hall monitors" to start reporting every instance they see (we have enough to do).

As it has been in the recent past, anyone who complains that their account was banned for RMT, MQ2, SEQ, whatever, and they just bought it, they're SOL.

Don't buy accounts, don't sell accounts, and don't share your info. Too many sad stories of people getting banned because of it.

NM..they aren't messing with EQemu account info at this time..
I think whats going on is they are saying dont post about account trades on the forums anymore.

Tiggles
08-06-2013, 12:38 AM
not talking about recovering emu passwords - just p99 accounts. although when you buy an account you should have changed emu email anyway

Heebo
08-06-2013, 12:48 AM
That is EQEmu, not P99. Bug them ;)

Rogean = EQEmu, rite?

Tiggles
08-06-2013, 12:52 AM
Rogean = EQEmu, rite?

Correct

Frieza_Prexus
08-06-2013, 12:58 AM
Can we activate the SMS account verification system, and make it so that passwords can be changed only by responding through the system with the original numbers? This will prevent accounts from ever being fully secured after selling which stymies the market.

Additionally, there is no security problem for those who did not sell, but changed phone #'s because they have no reason to give their info out.

chtulu
08-06-2013, 01:08 AM
All i want to know is does this mean I can finally get my Chtulu account back by letting rogean know what my original e-mail was? or was the password used to be?

pharmakos
08-06-2013, 01:13 AM
good change IMO, i just worry that RMTers are gonna make even more off of account sales now

Ephi
08-06-2013, 01:13 AM
All i want to know is does this mean I can finally get my Chtulu account back by letting rogean know what my original e-mail was? or was the password used to be?

No

Loli Pops
08-06-2013, 01:22 AM
Bravo.

Portsche
08-06-2013, 01:27 AM
All i want to know is does this mean I can finally get my Chtulu account back by letting rogean know what my original e-mail was? or was the password used to be?No
Thanks Ephi.

Lanzellot
08-06-2013, 01:34 AM
i say bravo rogean he knocked me out.i was planing my last sale and than this i can life with this thx rog to keep my accounts hehe

Rogean
08-06-2013, 02:11 AM
rogean turn back on the xp bonus for red ya wiener

You guys are paranoid as fuck. Nobody ever turned it off.

mysql> select * from rule_values where rule_name = "Character:GlobalExpMultiplier";
+------------+-------------------------------+------------+-------+
| ruleset_id | rule_name | rule_value | notes |
| 3 | Character:GlobalExpMultiplier | 3 | |

Loli Pops
08-06-2013, 02:14 AM
prais

Faerie
08-06-2013, 02:28 AM
Wow, this is wonderful news! Red99 getting better by the week :)

HallygukRZ
08-06-2013, 03:21 AM
Great news indeed, wow.

PS: How is/was Vegas? Heading there myself next year hehe.

beyondinfin
08-06-2013, 04:09 AM
VICTORY! Thank you for making a great choice. Bravo.

Lanzellot
08-06-2013, 04:19 AM
The Good point is much Scammers Cheaters and liers now fucked up ;)that was my Sense Too/applaud

Sarius
08-06-2013, 04:38 AM

No offense Ephi, but this isn't really clear. To me this sounds like "don't buy and sell accounts or you will be banned if the account was connected to MQ or RMT."

Please clarify, is account buying/selling a bannable offense now? What are the repercussions of doing participating in this?

Clacung
08-06-2013, 07:18 AM
No offense Ephi, but this isn't really clear. To me this sounds like "don't buy and sell accounts or you will be banned if the account was connected to MQ or RMT."

Please clarify, is account buying/selling a bannable offense now? What are the repercussions of doing participating in this?

It's not allowed, period.

Lanzellot
08-06-2013, 07:36 AM
aye sarius=now forbidden when you do this is against the rule. you ll get an perma ban:rolleyes:

Barkingturtle
08-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Has there ever been any thought given to making EQEmu emails unchangeable?

That would solve all account trading, I reckon--even that which will now occur on other message boards and whatnot. Great change and a big day for P99, but I don't think we're going far enough toward curbing the actual problem.

username17
08-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Great change! Well done GMs.

Abbot
08-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Next nerf to epic MQ please.

Hitpoint
08-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Thank God.

Next nerf to epic MQ please.

pharmakos
08-06-2013, 10:07 AM

^^^

will just the traded account get banned? will all accounts owned by both the buyer and the seller get banned? permabans all around, or just permaban the traded account and temp bans for the other accounts? etc etc

JackFlash
08-06-2013, 10:12 AM
A++.

Epic MQ was in classic......selling accounts isn't.

Ele
08-06-2013, 10:20 AM

It means that bona fide traders/purchasers of accounts that were not currently banned, but simply flagged for MQ/RMT and subsequently banned, got screwed. While the sellers made off like bandits.

diplo
08-06-2013, 10:23 AM

Not to be a wise-ass, this is a serious question but based on your remark, trading accounts for accounts should be legal then, correct?

big league chew
08-06-2013, 10:24 AM
id figure another acct is a form of virtual currency

Ravager
08-06-2013, 10:37 AM
It means that bona fide traders/purchasers of accounts that were not currently banned, but simply flagged for MQ/RMT and subsequently banned, got screwed. While the sellers made off like bandits.

Serves them right, they've only been warned about the dangers of account trading since the dawn of the server.

Ele
08-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Serves them right, they've only been warned about the dangers of account trading since the dawn of the server.

That might have merit if the bannings/unbannings were handle evenly in the past. The constant flow of unbannings for RMT/MQ after a few months is a waiver of that argument and basically nullifies that position held by the staff. Tons of blatant and notorious RMT'd accounts are running around still. Why do the people that were known RMT'ers get a free pass when BFP victims get screwed?

Mythoxxus is standing next to me in KC right this instant as an example.

Nirgon
08-06-2013, 11:06 AM
You need to outlaw in those rules paying people plat to play an account

Ephi
08-06-2013, 11:30 AM

Sorry, my fault for lack of clarity. I was speaking more from a historical sense.

Account trading in any form is against the rules. It could result in the buyer, seller, forum accounts, etc. all being banned. So just don't do it.

Ephi
08-06-2013, 11:31 AM
You need to outlaw in those rules paying people plat to play an account

This would fall under sharing account credentials, which is also subject to the same treatment.

Ephi
08-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Has there ever been any thought given to making EQEmu emails unchangeable?

Other servers that use EQEmu allow account trading. Not a bad thought, but probably wouldn't solve anything anyway. People would just create a fake email for an account they intend to sell, and sell the email account with it.

Ephi
08-06-2013, 11:32 AM
^^^

will just the traded account get banned? will all accounts owned by both the buyer and the seller get banned? permabans all around, or just permaban the traded account and temp bans for the other accounts? etc etc

Anyone and everyone could be banned for trading or selling accounts. Yes I'm being vague on purpose. Just don't participate and theres no problem.

Estu
08-06-2013, 11:33 AM
This would fall under sharing account credentials, which is also subject to the same treatment.

So sharing an account with a friend or some guildmates (no trade or selling involved) is also illegal now?

Ephi
08-06-2013, 11:36 AM
So sharing an account with a friend or some guildmates (no trade or selling involved) is also illegal now?

Not illegal, purely because we have no way of stopping it. But the account owner assumes all responsibilities for actions taken on the account.

In the past 3 weeks I've banned maybe 10 accounts where a family member or friend used MQ2/SEQ on someones account. We don't really care who uses it, it'll be banned.

Raavak
08-06-2013, 11:45 AM
In the past 3 weeks I've banned maybe 10 accounts where a family member or friend used MQ2/SEQ on someones account.Omg, what idiots. Its widely broadcast that running those programs is totally detectable.

Nocte
08-06-2013, 11:47 AM
FINALLY.

Ephi
08-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Omg, what idiots. Its widely broadcast that running those programs is totally detectable.

Yeah but you'd be amazed at how many thought they were "running the build that wasn't detectable." It's amazing what you can sell a dumb player, even after 14 years.

indiscriminate_hater
08-06-2013, 12:15 PM
It's amazing what you can sell a dumb player, even after 14 years.

Yapas
08-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Very good news and nice move !! Thanks :)

Sektor
08-06-2013, 12:57 PM
I have bought accounts awhile back. Can the Admins use this against me at any point? Example I get accused of rmting all the time. I obviously do not RMT GMs get spammed that I RMT alot . Could an Admins just ban me making the accusation that I buy accounts to stop the community from spamming them that I RMT?

heartbrand
08-06-2013, 01:03 PM
I have bought accounts awhile back. Can the Admins use this against me at any point? Example I get accused of rmting all the time. I obviously do not RMT GMs get spammed that I RMT alot . Could an Admins just ban me making the accusation that I buy accounts to stop the community from spamming them that I RMT?

:rolleyes:

Elderan
08-06-2013, 01:10 PM

You get accused of it because we have seen the receipt for the purchase. You have propositioned many other players for RMT.

You went onto EZServer and starting talking in OOC about how to spend money to buy stuff there. (obviously not an admission of guilt on R99 but an indication of your tendencies.)

You sir remind me of Ryan Braun.

Triangle
08-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Why was the account holding the character Mythoxxus unbanned?

Mythoxxus was originally banned after being traded from his original owner to a new owner who was involved in RMT activity (platlord).

According to your rules, then and now, account owners take responsibility for the actions of past-owners.

However the new Mythoxxus paid platlord or one of his cronies for a banned account (who would do this unless they already had knowledge that it would be unbanned?). Once the new Mythoxxus took over the account, some unknown GM unbanned the account and Mythoxxus is now currently playing on the server.

Here are some SS's of some evidence:

1) http://s18.postimg.org/dkjr9w0ih/EQ000103.png

2)http://s2.postimg.org/ec9iderux/EQ000105.png

3)http://postimg.org/image/hfx2ep8xt/

4)http://postimg.org/image/868m6ssqj/

FWIW: the new Mythoxxus seems like a very decent guy. I weighed for a long time whether or not I should post this, not only because he is a good guy but because I am sticking my neck out as well. However I do not like double standards, especially when they are not really known to the community. I think we deserve an answer as to why this was allowed to happen. Thanks guys.

senna
08-06-2013, 01:29 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/d0b01d78ebdf81b8824e8e546d3501ac/tumblr_mjixq5aITR1qdek7to1_500.gif

Messie
08-06-2013, 01:44 PM

Mythoxxus was originally banned after being traded from his original owner to a new owner who was involved in RMT activity (platlord).

According to your rules, then and now, account owners take responsibility for the actions of past-owners.

However the new Mythoxxus paid platlord or one of his cronies for a banned account (who would do this unless they already had knowledge that it would be unbanned?). Once the new Mythoxxus took over the account, some unknown GM unbanned the account and Mythoxxus is now currently playing on the server.

FWIW: the new Mythoxxus seems like a very decent guy. I weighed for a long time whether or not I should post this, not only because he is a good guy but because I am sticking my neck out as well. However I do not like double standards, especially when they are not really known to the community. I think we deserve an answer as to why this was allowed to happen. Thanks guys.

quite a post - have you thought about making a forum post w the topic in the server chat? not a ton of people check the news & announcements section and many more will never see this due to the topic differing from your post.

Llodd
08-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Nice.

Now, anychance you could backdate this to server birth? That would put the cherry on the cake.

Ephi
08-06-2013, 01:59 PM
However I do not like double standards, especially when they are not really known to the community. I think we deserve an answer as to why this was allowed to happen.

Here's your answer: GM discretion. I know, you all hate that.

The general rule is we don't unban accounts that someone else got flagged for MQ2, blah blah blah. But there is a scenario in there where GM discretion comes into play.

There are a variety of reasons why a GM might unban an account with a bad history:

The player:

1. Worked with us to expose a much bigger issue (most common reason)
2. Was patient, calm, and understanding. (rarely works, need more than that)
3. Made a great case for why the character should be unbanned or returned to its original owner (rarely works, must include #1 and #2)

Flame on, but this is how it works. If you get banned, and then help us do some greater good for the server, we might consider reinstating one or more of your accounts (usually stripped or deleveled).

EDIT: I won't be answering follow-up questions to this, or anything specific to the case you mentioned. So, don't bother asking.

Triangle
08-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Here's your answer: GM discretion. I know, you all hate that.

The general rule is we don't unban accounts that someone else got flagged for MQ2, blah blah blah. But there is a scenario in there where GM discretion comes into play.

There are a variety of reasons why a GM might unban an account with a bad history:

The player:

1. Worked with us to expose a much bigger issue (most common reason)
2. Was patient, calm, and understanding. (rarely works, need more than that)
3. Made a great case for why the character should be unbanned or returned to its original owner (rarely works, must include #1 and #2)

Flame on, but this is how it works. If you get banned, and then help us do some greater good for the server, we might consider reinstating one or more of your accounts (usually stripped or deleveled).

EDIT: I won't be answering follow-up questions to this, or anything specific to the case you mentioned. So, don't bother asking.

Thanks for posting this.

Pringles
08-06-2013, 02:41 PM
While I support this change.... its too late really. The damage is already done. But at least this removes my temptation to sell a few of my toons off, no need now!

xarzzardorn
08-06-2013, 03:43 PM
does this mean some sort of LS password recovery is in the pipeline? I miss my 54 shaman :(

Trebeh
08-06-2013, 04:20 PM
I haven't played for long and was wondering if I could get a meaning to "MQ2/SEQ "?
I understand not to run any programs, but was just curious what they are.
And yes curiosity did kill the cat lol.

Raavak
08-06-2013, 04:32 PM
I haven't played for long and was wondering if I could get a meaning to "MQ2/SEQ "?Programs that let you cheat. Macroquest and ShowEQ.

botrainer
08-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Me personally, Id love a NERF on Epic MQs, all of them, in all forms of it. That would help with RMTs, with people chargin 20k upto 300k for epic MQs. with them also keeping those mobs on lock down because of there MQ'able values. It would atlease make, making plat for RMTs abit harder...in some form or another...but banning account selling is a great start! A+ took to long to make this move tho. (As true classic EQ ban even the sharing within the same house hold an bannable offense.)

Just my thoughts....

Nirgon
08-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Many of the epics were lvl req based. 45 at least, some turn ins being 50 with some of it being lootable or questable if it had "newbie quest" portions to start it. Proof is hard to find, because, frankly I didn't see anyone selling epic MQs during Velious (again, timeline..).

Jarnauga
08-06-2013, 04:47 PM
https://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=639121#post639121

A YEAR AGO, GUISE.

Sarius
08-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Me personally, Id love a NERF on Epic MQs, all of them, in all forms of it. That would help with RMTs, with people chargin 20k upto 300k for epic MQs. with them also keeping those mobs on lock down because of there MQ'able values. It would atlease make, making plat for RMTs abit harder...in some form or another...but banning account selling is a great start! A+ took to long to make this move tho. (As true classic EQ ban even the sharing within the same house hold an bannable offense.)

Just my thoughts....

I don't think epic MQ's are at all related to RMT unless players are buying platinum from dealers and then in turn buying the MQ with the dirty PP.

I also don't think it will help at all with mobs being on lockdown because most of the mobs drop other awesome stuff.

Alorae
08-06-2013, 05:04 PM
So is giving an account to a friend now against the rules? Assuming it is otherwise how can this be enforced?

Sarius
08-06-2013, 05:16 PM
It is my understanding that it is against the rules now to give anyone your account information for any reason. Period.

Kika Maslyaka
08-06-2013, 05:20 PM
So is giving an account to a friend now against the rules? Assuming it is otherwise how can this be enforced?

if your friend fucks something up - it will be YOU who will be punished ;)

Aaron
08-06-2013, 05:21 PM

Frowned upon. Cannot be enforced.

It is my understanding that it is against the rules now to give anyone your account information for any reason. Period.

Selling accounts is banned. Don't overthink this, guys. Don't sell accounts, and don't worry.

Ravager
08-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Just be like me and don't have any friends. Then you don't have to worry about what they're doing with your stuff.

Alorae
08-06-2013, 05:29 PM

Selling accounts is banned. Don't overthink this, guys. Don't sell accounts, and don't worry.

Just seems super easy for someone to do the deal somewhere other than this forum. If someone can give away their account, then I don't see how they can prove that person A isn't just giving their account to their good friend person B, and person B isn't just giving their good friend person A a large sum of plat.

Lanuven
08-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Just seems super easy for someone to do the deal somewhere other than this forum. If someone can give away their account, then I don't see how they can prove that person A isn't just giving their account to their good friend person B, and person B isn't just giving their good friend person A a large sum of plat.

Basically, just keep it off the forums and dont complain to the GM's if something does happen. You take all the risk and so does the other person. Give your account away if you want, dont post about it on the forums. Account trading and selling for in game currency was always against the rules, but back ally trades is classic as shit.

BiscuitBandito
08-06-2013, 05:36 PM

It is. The change in policy just closes any possible appeal for people to say "but soandso did this, not me!" If you get scammed/banned/outted/etc its entirely and only your fault for doing so. No appeals, no sorting through details. Greatly simplifies things from a CSR point of view and as a server policy it lightens the operators liability and responsibility.

Faerie
08-06-2013, 05:36 PM
I hope we see some bannings for this soon, to further discourage people from account trading.

Ephi
08-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Basically, just keep it off the forums and dont complain to the GM's if something does happen. You take all the risk and so does the other person. Give your account away if you want, dont post about it on the forums. Account trading and selling for in game currency was always against the rules, but back ally trades is classic as shit.

It is. The change in policy just closes any possible appeal for people to say "but soandso did this, not me!" If you get scammed/banned/outted/etc its entirely and only your fault for doing so. No appeals, no sorting through details. Greatly simplifies things from a CSR point of view and as a server policy it lightens the operators liability and responsibility.

^^

Raavak
08-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Systolic goes, "f__k"

Pringles
08-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Ill bet the dude selling that ogre shaman that removed his buyout after receiving offers for his buyout is pissed right now.... karma's a bitch.

Karafa
08-06-2013, 06:30 PM

Platlord never had access to Mythoxxus, it was Stabbityjoe who stole gear/plat from Platlord and equipped Mythoxxus with it, hence why it got banned. I was the original owner, and out of the good graces of Ephi/Sirken I was able to get it back as long as Stabbityjoe no longer had the ability to log into the account. Also this happened weeks prior to any ruling on account trading or selling.

Edit: As I said, I had prior knowledge that it could possibly be unbanned, and I went through the proper channels (petition/pm/patience) to do so. It was ultimately the kindness of the staff to +1 the pop and give me the opportunity to play here again.

Deuces
08-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Platlord never had access to Mythoxxus, it was Stabbityjoe who stole gear/plat from Platlord and equipped Mythoxxus with it, hence why it got banned. I was the original owner, and out of the good graces of Ephi/Sirken I was able to get it back as long as Stabbityjoe no longer had the ability to log into the account. Also this happened weeks prior to any ruling on account trading or selling.

Edit: As I said, I had prior knowledge that it could possibly be unbanned, and I went through the proper channels (petition/pm/patience) to do so. It was ultimately the kindness of the staff to +1 the pop and give me the opportunity to play here again.

Wasnt Myth owned by nordenwatch and got stolen from him?

xarzzardorn
08-06-2013, 06:45 PM

im curious how you had the account info restored to you?

Karafa
08-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Wasnt Myth owned by nordenwatch and got stolen from him?

Norden sold Myth for a stolen fungi staff (platlords) and some plat, I don't know the entirity, just the fungi staff for certain. Norden got a wonderful deal. I paid 40k plat to Stabbityjoe for the information to a banned account. I paid upfront, and after the whole forum ordeal took quite the risk in doing so. Fortunately it all worked out.

Edited to add in that everything Myth was restored with was the no droppables I had before I got rid of him. This means everything I had worked towards for a vp key, epic, etc were removed since the Epic and gear Stabbity purchased on him were removed.

Aaron
08-06-2013, 06:52 PM
im curious how you had the account info restored to you?

Are you curious enough to read the thread (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1063614&postcount=82) you posted in?

Deuces
08-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Norden sold Myth for a stolen fungi staff (platlords) and some plat, I don't know the entirity, just the fungi staff for certain. Norden got a wonderful deal. I paid 40k plat to Stabbityjoe for the information to a banned account. I paid upfront, and after the whole forum ordeal took quite the risk in doing so. Fortunately it all worked out.

Good to see the GM's took the time to help someone who really didn't need it.

kuuky
08-06-2013, 07:51 PM
WOOHOO!!! About Time

xarzzardorn
08-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Are you curious enough to read the thread (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1063614&postcount=82) you posted in?

idgi. he answered the question right above you

Bodeanicus
08-06-2013, 08:04 PM
I hope we see some bannings for this soon, to further discourage people from account trading.

Fuck banning, RMT and MQ2 tainted accounts should be deleted from the database. That would clear up a lot of shit, real quick.

Faerie
08-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Fuck banning, RMT and MQ2 tainted accounts should be deleted from the database. That would clear up a lot of shit, real quick.

Throw in accounts that have been traded/bought/sold and I'm on board :)

Laledorie
08-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Throw in accounts that have been traded/bought/sold and I'm on board :)

Amen sista! :)

Karafa
08-07-2013, 06:05 AM
Good to see the GM's took the time to help someone who really didn't need it.

You seem upset online, this pleases me.

Sirken
08-07-2013, 07:06 AM
so im seeing lots of petitions along the lines off, "due to the new anti acct trading law, does this mean i can recover lost passwords from accounts i own"

first of all, one thing has nothing to do with the other. taking the time to make a thread that states acct buying/selling/trading is illegal does not equate to Rogean developing a password recovery option. not sure why people think it does.

second of all, id bet body parts that 90% of these people are just trying to steal back an acct they sold in the past. stay classy

Lanzellot
08-07-2013, 07:35 AM
The Same Thing what i Thinked sirken.now is accountrading illegal and some Real. Creator want it now back . That falls by me under lier Cheater . Ignore this scumms oh Great gm .but Maybe Not all ;)

finalgrunt
08-07-2013, 09:15 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ayWbXiHaaJ8/T8uUqdKTbwI/AAAAAAAAA3Y/xZ4aZfOg2KM/s320/Sky.jpg

A bit late, but hey, still great! *claps*

Aaron
08-07-2013, 09:58 AM
so im seeing lots of petitions along the lines off, "due to the new anti acct trading law, does this mean i can recover lost passwords from accounts i own"

first of all, one thing has nothing to do with the other. taking the time to make a thread that states acct buying/selling/trading is illegal does not equate to Rogean developing a password recovery option. not sure why people think it does.

second of all, id bet body parts that 90% of these people are just trying to steal back an acct they sold in the past. stay classy

Figured that would happen. The original post kinda asked for it with this line: "the original owner of an account will always be considered the owner of the account."

Lanzellot
08-07-2013, 10:02 AM
first:real EQ players want not back his sold stuff that isnt fair,and second:they ll have no chance anyways or have you ever heard the staff got a pw back from a LS account not emu .i let emu out .and without the emu pw and the other informations peoples can suck up:D

Aaron
08-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Who are you talking to?

And more importantly, what are you saying?

Lanzellot
08-07-2013, 10:09 AM
too you;)
and my austrianenglish make sense when you read it again ;)

Aaron
08-07-2013, 10:17 AM
If you're talking to me, then you're just confused. I wasn't arguing for players getting their passwords back for their old accounts. I pointed out the reason why I could see players would believe they are now entitled to old accounts. My post was literally two sentences. I don't know how you misread it so horribly.

Lanzellot
08-07-2013, 10:20 AM
i let sometimes words out what i dont understand haha, but that was not my sense to attack you when you think that. was only my mind to a answer;)

ripwind
08-07-2013, 10:53 AM
If you're talking to me, then you're just confused. I wasn't arguing for players getting their passwords back for their old accounts. I pointed out the reason why I could see players would believe they are now entitled to old accounts. My post was literally two sentences. I don't know how you misread it so horribly.

I've seen multiple people asking specifically about the scenario he's describing. It isn't just you.

Lanzellot
08-07-2013, 11:01 AM
thx bamzal and we all know my english isnt perfect that i know too but what i know from much peoples and my guilkd too is .all can life with my english and they have fun with it too .i cant understand but is so;) so project 1999 that is my english life with it;)

Stinkum
08-07-2013, 11:05 AM
aaron - lanzellots comments were in direct reply to sirken. cant you follow a goddamn conversation

Aaron is just a grouch, ignore him. He's angry or hating on someone in every thread.

Lanzellot, keep doing your thing bro.

Aaron
08-07-2013, 11:59 AM
aaron - lanzellots comments were in direct reply to sirken. cant you follow a goddamn conversation

lol wut?

Who are you talking to?

too you;)

ripwind
08-07-2013, 12:09 PM
thx bamzal and we all know my english isnt perfect that i know too but what i know from much peoples and my guilkd too is .all can life with my english and they have fun with it too .i cant understand but is so;) so project 1999 that is my english life with it;)

You should just reply to threads in German, so everyone needs to use Google translation. I think your English is fine!

Lanzellot
08-07-2013, 12:24 PM
hehe this idea is awesome man thx for the tip;)

Faerie
08-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Would the devs be willing to consider making it against the rules to trade plat/items from one server to the other?

"WTT blue plat for red plat!"

^bad

citizen1080
08-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Would the devs be willing to consider making it against the rules to trade plat/items from one server to the other?

"WTT blue plat for red plat!"

^bad

You really want Red to die dont you?

Faerie
08-07-2013, 02:07 PM
You really want Red to die dont you?

I just want to prevent blue's economic woes from leaking over onto my server. Also, I don't remember cross-server trading being allowed on live.

heartbrand
08-07-2013, 03:19 PM
blue to red is the biggest facilitator of new pop for red

Faerie
08-07-2013, 03:21 PM

So let's get transfers with no drop gear going.

Reapin
08-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Great news. Please ban disable ALL MQ when you get the chance. Thanks.

citizen1080
08-07-2013, 11:15 PM

Wise man

Nirgon
08-08-2013, 12:25 AM
Ill bet the dude selling that ogre shaman that removed his buyout after receiving offers for his buyout is pissed right now.... karma's a bitch.

Yeah he dragged his feet on that a bit, I saw that go down lol

raff01
08-08-2013, 05:10 PM
YEEEESSSSSSS !!! Now please ban epic MQ, so TMO can stop cockblocking other people from getting their epics. Please.

skorge
08-10-2013, 10:23 AM
While we cannot stop the regular account sharing between family and friends

You should probably remove this part of your post...this opens up a loop hole - people can simply trade or sell their accounts like usual to "friends" and claimed it was "shared."

Secondly, and I read all 15 pages, I guess I am the only one who thinks this is a bad idea? Yes, it will eliminate some petitions/work from you by avoiding people getting scammed, but is it worth it? Accounts were largely in demand by people with large amounts of plat...now that there are no accounts to openly purchase, what will they do with their plat? I foresee more people considering doing RMT now because they have nothing to spend their plat on.

Just a though. I like the fact you are making more bold decisions now. Account trading was a feature that people like me (with little time to take a toon up to 60) really enjoyed about the server.

FYI just because I dont take the toon up to 60 myself does not make me a bad player, if anything it makes me smart because I was able to afford to do so.

happyhappy
08-10-2013, 10:49 AM
I foresee more people considering doing RMT now because they have nothing to spend their plat on.

Then they'll get caught, banned and we'll be rid of them and their dirty plat. Win on all sides if you ask me.

citizen1080
08-10-2013, 11:53 AM
You should probably remove this part of your post...this opens up a loop hole - people can simply trade or sell their accounts like usual to "friends" and claimed it was "shared."

Secondly, and I read all 15 pages, I guess I am the only one who thinks this is a bad idea? Yes, it will eliminate some petitions/work from you by avoiding people getting scammed, but is it worth it? Accounts were largely in demand by people with large amounts of plat...now that there are no accounts to openly purchase, what will they do with their plat? I foresee more people considering doing RMT now because they have nothing to spend their plat on.

Just a though. I like the fact you are making more bold decisions now. Account trading was a feature that people like me (with little time to take a toon up to 60) really enjoyed about the server.

FYI just because I dont take the toon up to 60 myself does not make me a bad player, if anything it makes me smart because I was able to afford to do so.

Check out the similar thread stickied in trade chat Skorge. Actual discussion there.

tops419
08-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Isn't this a little late? i mean, those people buying up tons and tons of accounts (which worked to further destroy any sane way to raid on this server) have already done so. Just look at some folks with 5+ level 60, fully geared, permanently camped at raid target spots and also the huge amount of level 52's camped at nagafen/vox.

I'm not sure if the only motivation was to reduce the headache this gave to the administration, but surely the effects account trading/selling has had on everyone's ability to enjoy the server was taken into account as well.

Another thing: all the crazy scrambling to lock down prenerf items and mobs (guise, etc) could have been atleast mitigated somewhat if this were the policy from day 1.
I'm totally on-board with what another poster said as well - MQ's desperately need to be discontinued as well.

So pretty much,
Open up a new server without MQ's, account trades, and possibly consider an overall xp reduction of 25% or so to account for all the things on this server which cause it to be considerably more forgiving/easier to level than it was in the past (vision, medbook, etc).

It's been pretty accepted by everyone that item-duping/cheating/rmt ruled this server for a very long time. I commend the efforts of the administration to correct these things and of course Ephi has become a hugely positive factor for this server, yet these issues cannot be retroactively corrected.
Project 1999 has been a great test and many, many issues have been identified and solved, but I think alot of folks here get the feeling that this beta phase should be over, it's time to implement these new findings on a fresh slate.

Tecmos Deception
08-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Just look at some folks with 5+ level 60, fully geared, permanently camped at raid target spots and also the huge amount of level 52's camped at nagafen/vox.

Ok, let's look at those folks.

Who are they?

tops419
08-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Really? I don't see any point in calling out specific people, but I'm sure you as well as I know that many people on this server that are 60 have multiple accounts which were acquired through trades. Not many folks advertise it, but I'd point at Jeremy as a case and point (only because he advertises his toons in his sig). I've taken a long hiatus from the game myself and I'm waiting for a new server to be formed to come back. I just think banning account trading is a really good step in the right direction, but could have been an initial policy.

I'm not some guy that never accomplished anything on this server or never participated in account trading, but looking back, I wish it had never been allowed. The server is being ruined by both it and MQ's.

citizen1080
08-10-2013, 11:24 PM
Jeremy is a bad example. I am fairly certain he leveled all those himself. However, not all of us have that kind of time.

Tecmos Deception
08-11-2013, 02:33 AM
Really? I don't see any point in calling out specific people, but I'm sure you as well as I know that many people on this server that are 60 have multiple accounts which were acquired through trades. Not many folks advertise it, but I'd point at Jeremy as a case and point (only because he advertises his toons in his sig). I've taken a long hiatus from the game myself and I'm waiting for a new server to be formed to come back. I just think banning account trading is a really good step in the right direction, but could have been an initial policy.

I'm not some guy that never accomplished anything on this server or never participated in account trading, but looking back, I wish it had never been allowed. The server is being ruined by both it and MQ's.

The only person I'm calling out is YOU. You're exaggerating the fuck out of the account trading "problem" when you say stuff like "lol errybody got 5 fully geared 60s logged out at raid spawns and it ruins the game and it's all because of account trading."

I asked who these people are because I know you won't be able to list more than a handful (if that), even though you talk about it like it is common knowledge how many of these people there are and who they are and how that is causing such a big issue.

quido
08-11-2013, 02:37 AM
I've never bought or sold an account/character.

quido
08-11-2013, 03:10 AM
cool

Clark
08-11-2013, 03:27 AM
A+++++++++++++++
A+++++++++++++++
A+++++++++++++++

tops419
08-11-2013, 12:43 PM
The only person I'm calling out is YOU. You're exaggerating the fuck out of the account trading "problem" when you say stuff like "lol errybody got 5 fully geared 60s logged out at raid spawns and it ruins the game and it's all because of account trading."

I asked who these people are because I know you won't be able to list more than a handful (if that), even though you talk about it like it is common knowledge how many of these people there are and who they are and how that is causing such a big issue.

I said "some people" which is a bit different than "errybody". maybe it was a bit of an exaggeration, but the point is account trading made accounts way too easy to get - I personally had a hand of the maestro for sale before taking my break and was offered several different 58+ accounts for just the MQ. It's kind of strange that a single item (there are many many others) can be traded for a fully geared account capable of raiding or more specifically, capable of being camped on a raid target.

As far as jeremy goes - I didn't know that, if its true. bravo.
It's worth noting that if even 10 people have multiple 60's or 52's acquired through trades, thats probably a good portion of the true raiding community. Of course, there are more than 10 people with multiple accounts (maybe not 5) gotten through trades.

Did I say account trading alone ruined the game? or did I say it contributed to to its ruin, along with MQ's? And raiding isn't the only problem it causes, as i stated in my original post. It perpetuates people camping mobs/items only for the reason of making valuable accounts (pre-nerf items, epic mobs, etc.).

No problem alone is severe enough to RUIN the game, but in conjunction with one another, they do. Especially for those that get to their late 50's and realize there's no room to do anything fun except reroll an alt. Sometimes this is because of the more hardcore people that have gotten everything they need and are now just snatching up MQ's or are getting gear for their trade acquired char, cockblocking the more casual players.
There will certainly be people that are willing to level up a few chars themselves for the sole purpose of raiding and gearing, but I think at least having to do it personally slows down or deters people.