PDA

View Full Version : How do I PVP well as a bard?

zanderklocke
08-08-2013, 12:09 PM
I come from the other server, but I figured this would be the best place to post this question.

I was messing around with my guild doing some 4 v 5 pvp (only had 9 people), and I really had no idea what to do. I was basically running in circles to be defensive playing selos and resist songs.

However, if I want to play offensively as a bard, what are some of the best songs to use. I was trying a bunch of things including single target snare, song of highsun, the level 59 AE/stun, AE fear, and sometimes just running up and attack with two stun proc weapons. Also there's the ability to just kite someone, but if their resists were too high and it was a confined space, it didn't go so well. It seemed like these strategies might work well if I were fighting one other person, but with multiple people I had no idea what to do.

Any advice or tips?

zanderklocke
08-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Ur highsun and the 59 poison stun whatever its called

Single target dots

Tha dirge nuke for harmtouchesque finishes

Not a bard tho

Yeah I kept getting resisted on the highsun, 59 poison stun, and single target dots. The other group did have a bard too, so that was probably part of the problem.

Kraftwerk
08-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Yeah I kept getting resisted on the highsun, 59 poison stun, and single target dots. The other group did have a bard too, so that was probably part of the problem.

Switch server to Red, never get resisted on Highsun lolol.

zanderklocke
08-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Wait - highsun gets resisted on blue lol?

Apparently it does, although I've heard it doesn't get resisted on red. I watched it get resisted 3 times in a row yesterday, and I'm not talking about the song not being able to be used at night. The other group had a bard who was playing resists though; aren't resist mechanics different on red?

Colgate
08-08-2013, 02:59 PM
blue server confirmed better and more meaningful pvp than red99

god fucking dammit null you master troll

Nirgon
08-08-2013, 03:08 PM
wtb blue's pvp code, sounds pretty good

Combobreaker
08-08-2013, 03:09 PM
I was always under the impression that Red99 was essentially Blue99 with pvp activated...

Potus
08-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Guards assist on pvp on Blue as well.

It was hilarious to see guards beat up people in Freeport.

aborted
08-08-2013, 08:45 PM
I collect as many trak teeths as i can and only pick a fight when i have atleast 5 teeth.

Syft
08-09-2013, 03:59 AM
Yea, blue resists are 10x better than red. I honestly don't use highsun all that much, unless I'm dealing with mages or people on walls. I like to get up in their face and melee/denons. I also snare and use nukes when they try to run.

Pls don't advise people on pvp, you have almost the same gear as Tune yet he's a real boy while your just a wooden ass puppet.

Colgate
08-09-2013, 04:03 AM
twainz is the worst bard on the server(the only one without a title)

Darksinga
08-09-2013, 06:37 AM
Every pvp scenario is going to be different so there is no direct answer to the question. If you are fighting any caster class 1v1, you're going to want to get in their face, cast highsun for interrupts and melee um down. If their MR is high, you can spam your mez for interrupts as each mez land will decrease their MR by 30-40, also can use your MR dot for this as well (as stated previously. Not a good idea with highsun due to the dispell component.) In open world against any sort of non casting melee, you're going to want to keep your drum on and just dot kite. Once a single dot lands, their resist to that element is decreased by 30-40 (at least,) so landing dots on a target once one dot lands is much easier. Against a pet class such as a mage or necromancer, you're going to want to AE fear or highsun the pet, and just wail on um with your stun weapons and mez/highsun. Its never really worth it to twist dots against a caster as if you miss a single interrupt (due to casting a dot) you'll get blasted and your one dot of 150-200 dmg isn't worth the 500-800 dmg nuke to the face. The only exception to this is if you mez your target, cast 1-2 dots, then instantly begin your mez.

Oh also, stay clear from paladins/shadowknights that are half decent, they'll rape you unless you can somehow mez/mana drain them for 10 minutes.

Mahalo and good luck!

Agatha
08-09-2013, 07:50 AM
reading this thread made me want to slash my wrists...... the fuck... i dont play on blue, so wait. Highsun gets resisted on blue but not here? why? l0l....

Junkman
08-09-2013, 11:06 AM
doesnt flash of light and shit like that land everytime on blue ? shits not classic

Silikten
08-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Pls don't advise people on pvp, you have almost the same gear as Tune yet he's a real boy while your just a wooden ass puppet.

Dacuk
08-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Where tha fuck u been. Can you quit ur job and get back on the box? Kthx

Every pvp scenario is going to be different so there is no direct answer to the question. If you are fighting any caster class 1v1, you're going to want to get in their face, cast highsun for interrupts and melee um down. If their MR is high, you can spam your mez for interrupts as each mez land will decrease their MR by 30-40, also can use your MR dot for this as well (as stated previously. Not a good idea with highsun due to the dispell component.) In open world against any sort of non casting melee, you're going to want to keep your drum on and just dot kite. Once a single dot lands, their resist to that element is decreased by 30-40 (at least,) so landing dots on a target once one dot lands is much easier. Against a pet class such as a mage or necromancer, you're going to want to AE fear or highsun the pet, and just wail on um with your stun weapons and mez/highsun. Its never really worth it to twist dots against a caster as if you miss a single interrupt (due to casting a dot) you'll get blasted and your one dot of 150-200 dmg isn't worth the 500-800 dmg nuke to the face. The only exception to this is if you mez your target, cast 1-2 dots, then instantly begin your mez.

Oh also, stay clear from paladins/shadowknights that are half decent, they'll rape you unless you can somehow mez/mana drain them for 10 minutes.

Mahalo and good luck!

Syft
08-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Botb happened more than 2 months ago. If you aren't Swyft, how do you know?

Who's talking about botb I was referring to your pathetic rank of 228 on the boards with only 3 kills!!!

Bardalicious
08-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Or you could just kill yourself on druid damage shield and not have to worry about any of that other fancy stuff amirite darksinga?