PDA

View Full Version : Gear feedback (paladin)

pallius
08-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Looking for some ideas of stuff to get outside of VP.

http://wiki.project1999.org/Magelo_Blue:Pallius

I know I could use a few obvious items, like DW BP/Legs and hiero cloak; also want a few pieces off of ragefire/noble. Particularly looking for suggestions on ring/earrings/face/bracer.

Looking for all-purpose items. Obviously resist gear is separate.

Lorraine
08-12-2013, 04:48 AM
Fingerbone Hoop is the only thing that comes remotely close to being all-purpose (and gotta remember to swap it when you're lulling stuff etc etc).

Apart from that, it depends what you're after.
Want more STR? Get a Gem Encrusted Ring.

Want more procs?
Get a Bracer of Scavenging.
Get a Gangrenous Beetle Mask.

Want more HP?
Get a Mask of Wurms or an Enshrouded Veil.

EDIT: Throw in Twisted Bone Earring too, while +Int is not optimal, the other stats might be somewhat close to what you're looking for and might want to consider it.

pallius
08-12-2013, 10:58 AM
ac/HP mainly. I hit 255 str with buffs.

Thanks for the ideas.

Danth
08-12-2013, 01:41 PM
There's 212 worn AC on that gear setup (or close to that if I happened to miscount slightly). That's a bit low for a high level Paladin in good-quality equipment. I would suggest aiming for 250 as a target, and the more the better (up to 289, anyway). A common rule of thumb for the Kunark era is to aim for at least 1100 AC with normal buffs when tanking. This of course depends, too, on how often you actually tank; some guilds use Paladins as tanks more often than others. If you're only called on to tank once in a blue moon then AC is less important.

The obvious choice is to replace some of the +strength pieces and some of the Valorium with Deepwater or other high-AC pieces (targishin's mask) when tanking. The mask, arms, and both bracers in particular can be swapped out with no loss of critical stats aside from resist-specific encounters; doing that could net you upward of 24 worn AC. The above plus the Deepwater chest and legs you already said you want would take you to that 250 worn AC target. Replacing other pieces would require more of a tradeoff, but is still potentially worth doing if you want to reach stellar AC levels.

Danth

pallius
08-12-2013, 09:24 PM
I MA grind/clearing stuff. Generally only MT a boss if there is an aggro issue or lack of warriors for some reason. That is one reason I went for str and can swap in resists depending on the fight. Routinely parse higher DPS than pets and lower level monks/rogues.

I do think swapping some STR gear for ac could work situationally.