PDA

View Full Version : Cannibalize II

Vaildez
08-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Is Canni 2 worth it? I am currently 43 leveling at a casual pace. I am not very well geared since this is my main. It seems to be fairly expensive at 3kish and that's a lot of gear slots i could fill instead...Thoughts?

Garguren
08-12-2013, 01:56 PM
The canni 2 quest is very easy to do. You could knock it out of a night or two with no problems. I am amazed at how many people resort to buying it instead of just doing the quest. As to how much difference it makes, undecided.

Vaildez
08-12-2013, 02:06 PM
The canni 2 quest is very easy to do. You could knock it out of a night or two with no problems. I am amazed at how many people resort to buying it instead of just doing the quest. As to how much difference it makes, undecided.

I suppose that would be the cheaper option. I guess since my play time can be somewhat limited I am wondering if its worth the time taken or just keep grinding to the next upgrade.

Danth
08-12-2013, 02:29 PM
My wife didn't bother obtaining canni2. She didn't mind sticking with Canni1 up until about level 50/51. The last couple levels prior to obtaining Canni3 were decidedly tedious for her. In the long run I don't think it made any real difference.

Danth

gotrocks
08-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Worth it.

Furniture
08-14-2013, 12:58 AM
definitely worth it

Something'Witty
11-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Is the canni 2 quest shaman only? ~I know the spell is~

I have the bone chips on my 57 chanter, and was wondering if I could MQ or just do the quest for my wife's shm.

~Thanks

Psycher
11-02-2013, 01:08 PM
49-53 will be brutal without it, I wish I didn't skip Canni 2. I was lvl 50 when kunark came out, so I had some what of a reason to attempt to just grind 4 levels to get canni 3, but if I was 39 and able to get canni 2, i wouldn't hesitate. Just get it, its absolutely worth it. Make it your priority before continuing with the grind.

BlkCamel
11-02-2013, 03:57 PM
49-53 will be brutal without it, I wish I didn't skip Canni 2. I was lvl 50 when kunark came out, so I had some what of a reason to attempt to just grind 4 levels to get canni 3, but if I was 39 and able to get canni 2, i wouldn't hesitate. Just get it, its absolutely worth it. Make it your priority before continuing with the grind.

I tried to grind to canni 3 while skipping canni 2 as well. I started to regret it once I hit 51+. Once you hit that level range your having to constantly cast canni to keep up with mana costs and so the extra ammt that canni 2 does will save you many clicks.

One thing, once I got canni 3, I still used canni 2. Canni 3 without fungi or other regen in addition to regrowth just takes too much hp. Canni 2 is way more efficient for solo or general group use.

If you are raiding or have a spot healer to let you canni without worry then you will switch to canni 3. All other times you will find it more efficient to use canni 2.

TL;DR Get Canni 2 do not wait.

Brohug
11-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Worth it. Bought it just the other night with no regret. I only use it in Kunark and I still think it's worth it.

Something'Witty
11-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Ya the spell is worth it, but can any class do the quest or only shm?

murcielago200
11-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Leveled 2 shaman in their 40s and I was able to get the quest done by 41 normally. Most people let the parts in KC and CoM rot, the yun powder in Traks isn't too hard. Just ask someone passing through to kill him for you. Diamond dust is easy to go loot then turn it all in. Took me about 4 hours and most of that was just waiting in CoM and KC for mobs to spawn.

Intrinsic
11-03-2013, 07:41 AM
Canni3 is awful compared to Canni2, make sure you get it and just ignore Canni3 :)

The Yun powder is the hardest bit i'd say by a mile, you will need help killing him. Me and a shammy mate around Canni2 lvl found a bard to help track(anything with track really will help) and kill him with us.

Vicatin
11-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Any class can do quest.

Something'Witty
11-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Any class can do quest.

Coo, thanks for the info.

Zeonick
11-05-2013, 06:52 PM
If anyone needs the strange ochre clay (the drop from com) let me know. I have it and will give it to a needy shaman free, considering yumyums hooked me up big time when I needed canni 2.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
11-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Canni 2 is definately worth it. I used Canni 1 till 47 I think and by then it was really feeling old. Some helpful tips for you guys thinking of doing the quest:
- it doesn't take more than a few hours TOPS after you've gotten the Greyish Bone Chips. If you're a newb Barb or Ikky I would highly suggest going to KC at low level anyways and camping out for Jarsath Scale. Send tells to groups at various camps saying you're interested in looting JS as well as the bone chips.
- Froglok Yun Shaman confirmed the worst. He is around level 41-42 and is tough as nails. If you're around 39 you will not be able to kill him solo. I have never found him in FV as the wiki says so you're pretty much shit outta luck in terms of getting the easier spawn. There are usually 2 roamers in TT that spawn around -1000, 0. Pull them back towards the concrete arched-wall that separates the north part of the zone from the south as there are no roamers there.
- Clay is easy to find and can be purchased from 100p-200p. Can also just go to CoM and camp it/loot it for free from most groups.
- Don't bother with the tradeskill line in getting the crushed diamonds. Get a port to BB and wait for the shuttle. Once the ferry takes you to the Bloated Belly (I think that's what its called) simply throw up lev and run straight north for about 67 hours till you get to the yeti island.

Turn in and you're done. Very satisfying quest to do and truly a good spell that has some lasting power in your lineup.

DrKvothe
11-06-2013, 01:03 PM
I tried getting Canni 2 at ~ 40 and the yun powder was just impossible so I gave up. I'm ~25% into 48, and I'm eagerly looking forward to it at 49.

I have a major concern, which is faction. I'm a barbarian, but in my 20s I killed the sisters in OOT for cash. One of the buddies who joined me there later told me that he'd ruined his druid's faction and also faction with FV guards. I havent been to FV, so I'm not sure if this is true. Will I be able to turn in the canni 2 quest?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
11-06-2013, 01:22 PM
I tried getting Canni 2 at ~ 40 and the yun powder was just impossible so I gave up. I'm ~25% into 48, and I'm eagerly looking forward to it at 49.

I have a major concern, which is faction. I'm a barbarian, but in my 20s I killed the sisters in OOT for cash. One of the buddies who joined me there later told me that he'd ruined his druid's faction and also faction with FV guards. I havent been to FV, so I'm not sure if this is true. Will I be able to turn in the canni 2 quest?

If you need assistance with the powder I can help you tonight (will be on at 7pm cst).

As far as your faction concerns go, I'm not sure sisters affect any FV faction. OOT came with original EQ while FV is part of Kunark - there are very few, if any, factions that cross continents with the exception of maybe global factions like Beta Neutral and Druid faction. You have to actually hunt druids + ranger afaik to ruin this.

You should consider amiable in FV if you're a Barbarian Shaman (I am and this is what I conned). If you're actually in terrible condition for faction in FV you could kill pirates or help wizards/druids quad kite them. Can also turn in Drolvarg teeth for additional faction as well. Best bet is to just go out and check it.

Estu
12-16-2013, 03:33 PM
I went and got Canni 2 at level 53 (!) after reading this thread and decided to figure out what the HP/mana conversions were for both spells at my level.

Canni 1: 25 mana for 50 HP. 0.5 mana per HP spent.
Canni 2: 30 mana for 67 HP. 0.45 mana per HP spent.

I was surprised since the wiki says that Canni 2 gets more efficient as you level, and 30 mana was the lowest return listed; I assumed that by 53, it would give more mana. Yet, it doesn't.

This leaves me kind of conflicted. On the one hand, if you time your med ticks between canni casts (I don't bother doing this, especially because of client-server lag making it confusing), then certainly it seems like Canni 1 is the better option. On the other hand, if you don't do this, or you're not doing a lot of medding during a given fight (maybe you're busy casting root and epic on multiple mobs), there may be some argument for Canni 2: even if it's less efficient, it gives you more mana if your time for casting it repeatedly is limited, and also, you will be able to get in more meditation time if you're spending less time casting it.

In any case, I think that the lower efficiency makes Canni 2 less attractive than people in this thread have been saying. An argument could be made for sticking with Canni 1 most of the time (though personally I'm probably gonna go with 2).

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-18-2013, 12:59 PM
I went and got Canni 2 at level 53 (!) after reading this thread and decided to figure out what the HP/mana conversions were for both spells at my level.

Canni 1: 25 mana for 50 HP. 0.5 mana per HP spent.
Canni 2: 30 mana for 67 HP. 0.45 mana per HP spent.

I was surprised since the wiki says that Canni 2 gets more efficient as you level, and 30 mana was the lowest return listed; I assumed that by 53, it would give more mana. Yet, it doesn't.

This leaves me kind of conflicted. On the one hand, if you time your med ticks between canni casts (I don't bother doing this, especially because of client-server lag making it confusing), then certainly it seems like Canni 1 is the better option. On the other hand, if you don't do this, or you're not doing a lot of medding during a given fight (maybe you're busy casting root and epic on multiple mobs), there may be some argument for Canni 2: even if it's less efficient, it gives you more mana if your time for casting it repeatedly is limited, and also, you will be able to get in more meditation time if you're spending less time casting it.

In any case, I think that the lower efficiency makes Canni 2 less attractive than people in this thread have been saying. An argument could be made for sticking with Canni 1 most of the time (though personally I'm probably gonna go with 2).

Yeah I was always under the impression it got more efficient but that didn't seem to flesh out.

I used the same line of thinking with regards to making the switch from canni 2 to canni 3 but from what I can tell it's not a significant difference. One thing to consider in all this is that if you do forego upgrading to the next in line, you do have to canni dance regularly to make up the difference in efficiency. Letting even 1 med tick slip by (0mp gained) is worse than 2 casts of canni 1. Not to mention you're missing out on sit-regen as well during this period (although for myself mana regen and hp regen are not synched).

I also root rot 4-5 things with epic dot which leaves very little time for sitting between casts. Taking advantage of the 0-cool down between epic casts to throw a canni in is sometimes the only way I regain mana. With that said, the largest canni is easily the most helpful in this scenario - especially if I'm going to follow up that root-rot group Witt another group of 4-5 consecutively.

Ymmv and if you find it's different post for discussion!

blondeattk
12-18-2013, 03:08 PM
`Froglok Yun Shaman confirmed the worst. He is around level 41-42 and is tough as nails. If you're around 39 you will not be able to kill him solo.`

why solo it, place is often full of trackers doin seb key or after certain named. Most folk will help you if you are polite. lvl 60 bard did it for me(kill shaman), and i completed the quest at 38/9

I found it inefficient to use at 39 tho.....43 onwards its getting there....