PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions (New Druid)

Xyenz
08-15-2013, 11:44 PM
At the level (16) when I should be charm kiting right now I'm messing around with kodiak's in WC before I hit EK. I think I've got it pretty much down, cept breaking my charm so the pet doesn't eat 50% of my xp...so how do I break that charm so I can kill two birds with one stone? (my biggest problem so far)

Gear wise, I shouldn't be too gear dependent unless I'm quad/aoe kiting correct? since in charm kiting my pet is doing most the dmg

Thanks for feedback

Zeonick
08-16-2013, 12:24 AM
I've seen chanters break their charm by going invis. Not sure if this is very mana efficient, as i've also seen them cast some spell that looks like a nuke which seems to breaks charm.

Ichven
08-16-2013, 01:39 AM
Zeonick was likely seeing some form of dispell.
As a Druid you should use the Hide skill to break your charm. And, you are correct; You won't be too gear dependent charming.

dnice
08-16-2013, 01:48 AM
interesting! didnt know using hide would break charm. but then again i am a noob.

lecompte
08-16-2013, 02:09 AM
.. I think it is interesting that you have characters on the server Dnice, and both are porter types.

Estu
08-16-2013, 10:12 AM
If you don't have Hide, you can use Invisibility Versus Animals, which is a pretty cheap spell. You're right, charming does not require gear.

Xyenz
08-17-2013, 11:14 AM
Any idea why my charm is breaking like 5 - 10 sec's on dark blues? Does it have something to do with my cha rating or just bad luck?

Estu
08-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Any idea why my charm is breaking like 5 - 10 sec's on dark blues? Does it have something to do with my cha rating or just bad luck?

Nothing to do with CHA. Charm duration for druids is based on MR and monster level. You should target dark blues that are as close to light blue as possible - high dark blues will partial resist a lot more.

Xyenz
08-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Thanks again

kaos057
08-17-2013, 10:34 PM
Zeonick was likely seeing some form of dispell.
As a Druid you should use the Hide skill to break your charm. And, you are correct; You won't be too gear dependent charming.

Hide hardly ever works. It's just not worth it to chance. Just put invis vs animals in a spell slot then make a hotkey to target yourself and cast that spell slot. The way I do it is snare two mobs, charm one, turn on taunt + attack, run in a circle until they are fighting each other, med. If charm breaks... repeat. If one mob gets to 20% hit your invis button.

Tasslehofp99
08-18-2013, 02:42 AM
I would suggest oasis of marr till 20 if you're charming. The caimans and crocs are nice, also its somewhat sketchy without the lvl 29 snare but you can fear kite using animal fear and snare.

dnice
08-20-2013, 10:23 PM
why is it interesting? i was like 10 years old when i played back in the day i didnt know what was goin on

billw134
08-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Druid charm break, do in this order:

Hide, if it works your pet will charge you. Mob pet is killing is rooted. If it fails... Then camo.

Camo: target self and camo, only 15 mana. Invis vs animals is 30 mana.

Goblin Gazughi ring: instant cast invis vs animals clicky ring. Drops in lake of ill omen. At 20 when you get track, go there and kill till you get a sarnak courier who drops this as a rare drop. Might take till lv 30 as what you can kill at 20 is between explorer tower and goblin ruins, then as you lvl you can do between goblin ruins on lake and the windmill.

Samoht Farstrider
09-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Nothing to do with CHA. Charm duration for druids is based on MR and monster level. You should target dark blues that are as close to light blue as possible - high dark blues will partial resist a lot more.

How can you tell if a dark blue is close to light blue?
I cannot tell the difference when I con dark blues.

Estu
09-03-2013, 05:06 PM
How can you tell if a dark blue is close to light blue?
I cannot tell the difference when I con dark blues.

You have to get an idea of what level the monsters are. The wiki can be helpful for this. You can also look at their max hits.

LethClaypool
09-20-2013, 09:06 AM
One interesting thing you can do is "park" multiple mobs then use a pbaoe to kill them all.

It works like this:

You'll need Flame Lick, Invisibility vs Animals, Snare (Ensnare is better), and Spirit of the Wolf

You charm a mob (lightblue or db and close to light blue)
Find a monster, cast snare, then flame lick twice. (this should grab aggro)
Sic pet.
When the mob get to less than 20% of it's health, it can't run because of snare.
Re-snare the mob.
Find monster number #2
This time, let your pet get beat on some.
Snare the mob.
When you're pet reaches ~25-30% of his hp, pull him back.
Cast Flame Lick twice on the mob, and resnare mob number 1.
Then sic your pet again.
Try to line it up so that mob number 1 and mob number 2 are very close to one another.
When mob number two is below 20%, here's where the fun begins.
Resnare both of them mobs.
Run away a distance and have your charmed pet follow you.
Set the charmed pet to guard.
Stand over the Mob 1 and 2 and cast Invis vs Animals.
Here comes your pet, start casting your PBAOE.
If you time it right, you'll kill mob 1 and 2, and either kill your pet, or send it fleeing.
Kill the pet.
EXP and profit.

That's what I do when I charm kite. Once you get Ensnare at 29 it's much, much better.