PDA

View Full Version : Blind

Nytch
09-14-2013, 02:00 PM
How does it work? Rolling a pally, I know if you pull with it the mob runs, but as long as you have engaged the mob it works like root where it is proximity aggro? Also it makes it so the do not run when low health correct?

Stinkum
09-14-2013, 05:56 PM
As long as you're touching the mob, feel free to cast Blind on that mob to snap aggro to yourself. Other than that, use it with caution.

If you're not touching the mob when you cast blind, the mob will run around in random paths until the blind effects wear off. Most of the times, this is undesirable as the blinded mob tends to aggro other mobs, causing adds. Sometimes, you'll be in front of a mob and then Blind it, and the mob will still run around like crazy. This is due to either lag or a bonky NPC hit box that didn't detect anyone was touching it at the time of blinding. Just accept that this will happen sometimes and root the mob if it does.

Someone in this thread will probably mention that you can use Blind before you get Root at level 22 as some form of a poor man's fear/root CC on adds, but it's really not reliable or worth it.

dethbringre
10-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Can confirm that blind is tricky as shit as a form of CC. Its like fear but the mob skips, appearing to be bugged almost, but it will still aggro other mobs while "fleeing"

Rhambuk
10-09-2013, 07:08 PM
works like root if agrod in proximity range, works like fear otherwise.

one more reason paladins suck.

Stinkum
10-10-2013, 12:12 PM
works like root if agrod in proximity range, works like fear otherwise.

Nah, Flash of Light doesn't care who is standing the closest to the mob. All that matters is that you're in melee range, and the mob will attack you whether or not you're closer to it than the next guy.

one more reason paladins suck.

I fail to see the logic in how an instant snap-aggro, 12 mana cost spell is somehow a bad thing?

Estu
10-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Nah, Flash of Light doesn't care who is standing the closest to the mob. All that matters is that you're in melee range, and the mob will attack you whether or not you're closer to it than the next guy.

So are you saying that the effect of the blind is a large amount of aggro (basically, regardless of whether it is resisted), or that it actually causes the monster to exclusively attack the person that blinded it, if it's not resisted, regardless of how much aggro anyone else has?

Nagash
10-10-2013, 02:00 PM
So are you saying that the effect of the blind is a large amount of aggro (basically, regardless of whether it is resisted), or that it actually causes the monster to exclusively attack the person that blinded it, if it's not resisted, regardless of how much aggro anyone else has?

Not sure on the server but on Live, which the server tries to mimic, the mob would attack the target with the highest aggro that is within melee range.

Stinkum
10-10-2013, 04:53 PM

The first one.

Sorry for the confusion. The main point I was trying to make was that it does not revolve around proximity the way Root does. With Root, the mob will simply attack whoever is standing the closest to the mob. With Flash of Light, the mob will still attack you if you are standing slightly farther from the mob than that Rogue in your group, as long as you're still within the mob's melee range.

susvain0362
10-11-2013, 10:16 AM
The mob only runs like its feared from pally blind if you are not on the aggro list. Once you hit it once or shoot it with a bow you can spam blind 2 or 3 times for amazing aggro.

Just wanted to correct someone who posted above me who was mistaken.

Blind us amazing on pally for aggro. You dont even need stun, and once you know to be on the aggro list blind will never be a problem for you

susvain0362
10-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Shoot the mob with a bow, then cast blind a couple times and youll never lose aggro. Even to lvl 20 rogues with an epic. Pallys my favorite group tank to play on, aggro king. Once you know blind will never make the rob flee, its easy mode tanking

kaev
10-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Yeah, shit's totally not classic. Flash of Light was shit for agro generation on live, worth less than a smallish nuke, and rarely lasted more than a tick or two except against low blue mobs. There's a reason that this FoL love here on p99 was never seen on any of the classic Paladin boards, and it isn't that 10,000 Paladins somehow completely missed the amazing power of a super-cheap to cast low level spell.

Danth
10-11-2013, 07:04 PM
That's a strange recollection you have, because I used Flash all the time on live for aggro and it worked quite nicely. Nilbog said he did the same when I talked with him in IRC awhile back. Folks also discussed using it on the forums I read back then--that's how I initially learned to use it. Flash fell out of common use when the Luclin expansion added low-level stun spells which generated similar hate for similarly low mana cost but without the potential drawbacks.

Danth

Stinkum
10-11-2013, 07:24 PM
I remember Pallies using it during the Kunark era as well. If anything it worked even better on Live than it does here.

kaev
10-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Well, I sure had no good results with it, eventually gave it up as worthless. Couple early breaks, couple resists, dead healer, group wipe, long painful CR (didn't have 73-1/2 epic'd Cleric alts camped around every third corner in every zone.) Stun, otoh, was awesome. Most characters then weren't nearly so well-geared as they are here and a single stun would often hold agro for an entire fight.

susvain0362
10-12-2013, 04:40 PM
??? Whats goin on kaev. Did you see what i wrote? Stun is G O D L Y. Its the easiest and most easy mode tanking ever.

If you are on the aggro list, the mob wont run. So you can shoot it with a bow and miss, then cast blinds non stop and it will never run. Mobs will never run from blind once youre on the aggro list. It is soooooo much better than stun, atleast up till 32, thats when i stopped my pally. But short casts and amazing snap aggro? Its all you need i never stunned unless its a caster. Always blind 2-3 times and youll never lose aggro even to an equal level epics rogue

If you wanna cc with it, i dunno about that.

mtb tripper
10-13-2013, 10:32 PM
he doesnt understand