PDA

View Full Version : Shaman 35+ soloing and farming?

Zeonick
09-18-2013, 10:53 AM
So now that i've hit 35 I feel like I don't really remember what my options are for soloing. Also, I was wondering if anyone could tell us some good places to farm for the plats! Right now I'm in HHK killing guards (at least on the first floor where the pathing is good) and it's pretty good cash!

Does anyone know of some good nameds to camp that drop valuable loot? I've done some soloing in Sol A and it looks like there are various nameds in there that drop some pretty sweet loot. But I have no idea if I could break their spawns or not, i'll have to give it a try and report back!

I know of a couple other shamans around my level that would be curious to know where we can go from here! If you have some spare time let us know!

Thanks

Exmo
09-18-2013, 03:09 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Ancient_Crocodile

http://wiki.project1999.com/Gabbie_Mardoddle

http://wiki.project1999.com/Totemic_Helm (2k a Piece)

fishingme
09-18-2013, 04:39 PM
I do not recommend yeti's in DL yet, was just there the other day on my 35 shaman and each single fight drained my mana/hp down. lots of resists even with malise/insidious fever which both got resisted numerous times each fight.

Zeonick
09-18-2013, 11:09 PM
I do not recommend yeti's in DL yet, was just there the other day on my 35 shaman and each single fight drained my mana/hp down. lots of resists even with malise/insidious fever which both got resisted numerous times each fight.

Yeah based on their levels I wouldnt do yetis or HGs yet, they're just too close to my own level. I just got 36 last night in HHK. I didnt notice level 35 too much because I just soloed the whole time and tried to make some money, so even if the exp was slow I still was gaining a few PPs farming!

I was wondering about the shrunken goblin earring. Does that goblin have place holders/what are their spawn timers? I did try to camp some spots in Sol A the other night but everything was camped for a long time. I have gone in there and seen it dead, but i'm also not sure if I can break the spawns for some of the mobs in there like kindle, lava ele, etc, as I just have not tried yet.

I did camp the foreman/pred area in sol A for a little while, but was just killing lots of place holders on 18 minute respawn timers.

Zeonick
09-19-2013, 12:15 PM
For earring, kill everything! He is a random spawn and is pretty common. Multiple Grachnists can be up at once. Earring is rare tho!

Ooh ok I see. Yeah I will give this a try for sure! I'm trying to save up enough to buy canni 2 around the time I hit 39, because that quest sounds like a real bitch!

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
09-20-2013, 09:19 AM
Ooh ok I see. Yeah I will give this a try for sure! I'm trying to save up enough to buy canni 2 around the time I hit 39, because that quest sounds like a real bitch!

The quest is actually very easy to do. Go to KC get Warlord bones, find and grab the ground drop in TD, buy the Ochre clay (I do anyways) and finally grab someone to help get Yun powder in TT.

As a word of advice - I've never seen a Yun Shaman in FV. May be a rarer spawn but I didn't feel like killing frogs till the cows came home until I found one.

Zeonick
09-20-2013, 12:10 PM
The quest is actually very easy to do. Go to KC get Warlord bones, find and grab the ground drop in TD, buy the Ochre clay (I do anyways) and finally grab someone to help get Yun powder in TT.

As a word of advice - I've never seen a Yun Shaman in FV. May be a rarer spawn but I didn't feel like killing frogs till the cows came home until I found one.

Yeah I guess when you put it this way it does sound pretty easy heh. When you say buy the ochre cay do you mean sit in EC and try to find a seller? Or is there a merchant somewhere?

I got agroed by a yun shaman in FV once, but I never saw one again after that.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
09-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Yeah I guess when you put it this way it does sound pretty easy heh. When you say buy the ochre cay do you mean sit in EC and try to find a seller? Or is there a merchant somewhere?

I got agroed by a yun shaman in FV once, but I never saw one again after that.

Yeah - head to EC and find a seller. People say you can go to CoM and loot it for free but you're spending nearly 30 mins to run to a zone where the mob might not even be camped. I see them selling fairly regularly in EC and if memory serves me correctly you can get it for 150p.

I think the Yun Shamans in FV are exceedingly rare. I spent 20 mins running through the zone looking and I didn't even find one. I was able to find a Yun Shaman in TT just past the center wall in the SE part of the zone (before entrance to Seb). I've see him twice in almost the exact same spot so take that fwiw.

I don't know why but they made all of the quests for Kunark spells 10-15 levels higher than you can accomplish with equally levelled help.

RahlaeRuffian
09-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Decent cash to be had soloing at the giant fort in FM. Exp shouldn't be too bad either. Shouldn't be that hard since the Burynai won't attack you as a Barbarian unless you've killed them before.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
09-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Decent cash to be had soloing at the giant fort in FM. Exp shouldn't be too bad either. Shouldn't be that hard since the Burynai won't attack you as a Barbarian unless you've killed them before.

While this is true with regards to Burynai, they have close to 2/3 the HP of even the lower level Hillocks. If you're going for raw solo power with dots (50%+1 dmg) then excluding burynai can really slow you down in FM.

Besides mole people are ugly and they have disturbingly small hit-boxes so they're a pain in your melee friends asses.

Malone88
09-20-2013, 07:18 PM
At 35, you can do any of these camps:

SK Gnolls around Spires (lots of FS drops, Split Paw Gloves, Gnoll Whips, Split Paw Necklace, etc)
Splitpaw Gnolls -- before double-doors (Dungeon modifier - same loot as SK Gnolls)
West Karana Ogres (lots of good drops. Chief Goonda is only tough one there, but
he should be dark blue to you at 35. Just be careful with him.)

billw134
09-20-2013, 08:15 PM
As it was said earlier, Ancient Crocodile in upper guk.

Up to 5 crocodiles at a time, single pulls, named drops wis legs sell for up to 1.5k, and int arms about 150pp.

Will take you to 39 where some go light blue.

Hard camp to get tho.

Dokt

Zeonick
09-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! A big shout of to Yumyums for a) looking exactly like me in-game, and b) coming and helping me out a TON getting the canni 2 spell!

I tried getting the goblin earring today with no luck, it was all camped to hell but it's the weekend so that is expected. I may try and head to guk at some point to see if I can camp that croc.

Zeonick
09-22-2013, 11:42 AM
As it was said earlier, Ancient Crocodile in upper guk.

Up to 5 crocodiles at a time, single pulls, named drops wis legs sell for up to 1.5k, and int arms about 150pp.

Will take you to 39 where some go light blue.

Hard camp to get tho.

Dokt

I want to try this when I can find the camp. Sometimes upper guk is empty, I just never feel up to traveling there at the time but it would be worth it if I could get those sweet legs :) Thanks Dokt!

Intrinsic
09-27-2013, 05:02 AM
Ain't seen you in game for days Zeo!

And i'm at that stage now where i need Canni2 also(lvl40 now), i'll try and buy the clay and get what i can(crushed diamons, warlord bones when pop is higher at night/weekend) but seems the only problem will be the mob in TT so any assistance would be amazing :)

IGN is same as forum.

fishingme
09-27-2013, 10:13 AM
Ain't seen you in game for days Zeo!

And i'm at that stage now where i need Canni2 also(lvl40 now), i'll try and buy the clay and get what i can(crushed diamons, warlord bones when pop is higher at night/weekend) but seems the only problem will be the mob in TT so any assistance would be amazing :)

IGN is same as forum.

Just tried soloing the shaman in TT at lvl 39 and none of the attempts went well. Bring a friend that's 5 or so levels higher than you

Intrinsic
09-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Just tried soloing the shaman in TT at lvl 39 and none of the attempts went well. Bring a friend that's 5 or so levels higher than you

Yeah I know another shammy(Nags) that needs it too. Sometime this weekend we were planning on trying, you'd be welcome to join us if we're on and doing it just leave a name.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
09-27-2013, 12:58 PM

Yeah he's tough - cons LB to me at 53 so definately mid 30's.

Try to pull him back to the wall in the center of the zone. There don't appear to be any roamers there.

fishingme
09-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Yeah I know another shammy(Nags) that needs it too. Sometime this weekend we were planning on trying, you'd be welcome to join us if we're on and doing it just leave a name.

Cool, char name will be pm'ed. Depending on where my rogue is parked ill bring him to help with the kills.

Roamers weren't really a problem, I was able to single pull more or less without much of a hitch. It's just the mob is pretty much equal to me with more hp and seems to dish out spells faster than I.

Zeonick
09-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I haven't been on much lately. School started, i'm tutoring, and am a full-time parent! So basically things just got crazy once school started and my eq time went in the toilet :(

Hoping to get on soon though and get level 39 finally! I duo'd a bit in TT with an enchanter charming aviaks today, worked insanely well. I do wish I had a snare, but oh wells. We were killing red-con mobs as a duo, and fast. Was awesome!

Intrinsic
09-30-2013, 03:48 PM
Well me n Nags got our Yuns, freaking nasty bastard the 1st one was, was even con to me at 41 so the wiki saying they are 36 is poop, Nags almost died hoho. The next one we had help from a Bard who tracked it for us and that was blue con to me.

A big thanks to Zanstad(Bard)