PDA

View Full Version : As a Druid, what do you guys suggest?

Ishio
09-30-2013, 06:41 PM
I just hit level 40, yeah, fun hell level. I've been quadding in OT with cacti, and before then I was having good luck with charming. Now, I can't seem to charm to save my life at SF ramp. Charm breaks, seven mobs appear from nowhere causing me to zone, etc.

Now OT's exp has dried up a bit, and it's a bit bland, so I am looking for another place to go. I was thinking yeti's in DL, but I've been told they have decent HP and are a pain in the ass to manage.

So I turn to you, for suggestions on either quadding, or material on how to better my charming.

As I said earlier, my charming just breaks, or mobs swarm me, as I try to drag snared mobs to a safe spot. I can't get an invis off in time to save my pet and get all the EXP. I'm sitting on 1.5k mana here. So I implore you, for some advice on to either better my playing experience, or better develop my skill as Druid.

That is until I dump her for a toon that will be useful end game. I hear a lot of people are turning down druids due to lack of group support.

Estu
09-30-2013, 10:25 PM
Well, the most important thing for charming is targeting mobs that are as low dark blue as possible, or maybe even light blue (for the charmee). For that, yetis are still a little high, but they have the advantage that they're in a very safe area - you can very easily single pull them, don't have to worry about adds, lots of places near the zone wall that monsters don't roam. So in a few levels I'd try yetis. Until then, I'm not sure. If you want to quad, I believe Firiona Vie is good at your level - pirates would be turning light blue, but drolvargs would still be dark blue, if I recall correctly. Head out of the city and follow the cliff on the right and you'll get to a great area for quadding.

Ishio
10-01-2013, 09:54 AM
I'll give FV a shot then. It's pretty convient as well. More so than OT. The cacti I take on now are about 1.4k hp and the yeti's are about 1.5khp. I use about 70-80% of my mana bar per quad, including finishing up mobs that resisted. I'm wondering if I should try this or still hold off.

What did you do near my level?

Estu
10-01-2013, 10:53 AM
I'll give FV a shot then. It's pretty convient as well. More so than OT. The cacti I take on now are about 1.4k hp and the yeti's are about 1.5khp. I use about 70-80% of my mana bar per quad, including finishing up mobs that resisted. I'm wondering if I should try this or still hold off.

What did you do near my level?

Despite advocating charming on the forums (because I found it very fast when I did it in East Karana at a low level and most people agree that charm EXPing in general is the fastest non-bard solo method), I mainly leveled my druid quadding, because I was lazy and liked the AFK time. I think if I started over again I'd try to charm all the way through.

Ishio
10-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I like charming, I'm just not 100% confident in it. Too much to go wrong, and a lot of mechanics I don't understand. Like what affects charm, what boosts success rate besides con *i mostly do tigeress or rhinos in OT* then I try to learn mob pathing to find a safe spot, which doesn't work as well.

Maybe I need another zone, but I'm told there's a hidden ZEM in OT.

Ghost of White Ranger
10-01-2013, 12:01 PM
As a Druid, what do you guys suggest?

Rerolling.

Exmo
10-01-2013, 12:32 PM
I don't remember what level the xp slows down, but you could try the guards at the docs in Butcherblock. There's like 6 of them or something on pretty short spawn timers.

Fuddwin
10-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Bloodgills in LOIO... Once you learn the camp spots quad these all the way to 51ish... You should get close to 2 blues per quad all the way to 46ish... then it slows slightly to 50 then quite a bit after that... awesome exp though...