PDA

View Full Version : Erudite Pal starting stats

tankh
10-15-2013, 01:04 PM
is it safe to assume that the wiki is correct in the allocation of starting stats for the erudite starting stats ? I was just thinking that sta is easy to comeby in the way of gear and buffs but would more AC(agi?) be a better stat ?

sorry for the newbish questions :)

Tecmos Deception
10-15-2013, 01:33 PM
You'd probably be better served in a quality-of-life/convenience sense by putting all of an erudite paladin's starting stats into strength, although stamina probably isn't UNwise... nor would 5 in agility to try to ensure you're never suffering from the sub-75 agility ac penalty, etc.

Apart from getting up to 75 agility (if you want to - it isn't hard to have a single piece of agility gear or get a buff from a sham to be above 74), agility is basically never a good choice.

koros
10-15-2013, 01:53 PM
If you're going to get/use a shield of the Stalwart Seas, which I'm imagining you would. You STR won't be quite the concern. In that case, get your agi to 75 and go sta.

Stinkum
10-15-2013, 02:03 PM
Go 5 agility no matter what. You don't want to have to tied to a certain piece of gear for the rest of your life just to get your agility over the 75 cap. Save yourself the headache.

Personally, I would put the other 15 in STR as that will improve your overall quality of life over the course of your leveling dramatically more than STA would. 15 STA for a Paladin at level 60 is only like 75 hp, which is pretty insignificant.

susvain0362
10-15-2013, 02:46 PM
welcome to the club. big brother Rajohn will help you out, you are following Prexus, correct? If you are going to be an erudite paladin you have to be a Deepwater Knight of Prexus, if you follow someone else you will be shunned in the Erudite/Pally community.

Stinkum
10-15-2013, 03:27 PM
If you are going to be an erudite paladin you have to be a Deepwater Knight of Prexus, if you follow someone else you will be shunned in the Erudite/Pally community.

This is 100% true.

dethbringre
10-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Quellious!

Vadd
10-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Human

Arteker
10-17-2013, 08:53 PM
dump all ur points in sta then str.

Elerion
10-18-2013, 08:21 AM
Do you want to min/max? --> Don't make an erudite pally.

Do you want to have an enjoyable leveling experience as a highly unusual class/race combo? --> AGI to 75 so you don't absolutely need agi gear, and then the rest in STR so you don't spend your first 50 levels encumbered.

If you're a twink you can disregard the last point and max out stamina, using STR/AGI twink items to fill the gaps there. That also goes for the hidden "I want to min/max, except I absolutely want to play erudite paladin" option.

Vallanor
10-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Definitely put 5 points into agility. I'm still using a 9sta 6agi necklace over a lovely 15ac 5str 5wis necklace from Sky because I failed to bump myself up to 75 agility at character creation and I have no other agi gear.

Sad but true.