PDA

View Full Version : Don't know where to post this! Devs please give me input!

dagarath
11-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Ok so heres the deal, I tried asking in game and it was crazy as hell so I am gonna type out the entire thing that finally got some answers.

I have 2 running EqEmu LS accounts, I want to know if it is ok to play a character on both accounts. These characters will not be played by me simultaneously, let me explain.

Me and my friend when we used to play EQ together freely shared our accounts, and had a few of them. So we would use each others accounts to level, or directly trade from a character he owned to a character he owned without having to multi-box.

So first question was can I play 2 characters independently on seperate LS accounts?

Second question, is it a big deal if I let my friend use my account?

I'm gonna go ahead and make my 2nd character, if you say its no allowed I will delete said character, thank you for taking the time to help me out with this dilema

Reiker
11-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Okay the rule is that two characters cannot be under the control of one human individual simultaneously. As long as you dont break that rule, you can do whatever you want (share account info, etc). However, if you're both connected from the same router you will need to contact the GMs to request an IP exception. It is not guaranteed that you'll be granted one. A GM may see this post but you may have better success using the Petition Forum.

Wenai
11-27-2009, 10:44 AM
There is no rules about having multiple accounts. I myself have three play characters on three separate accounts. You however are NOT allowed to play two characters simultaneously. You are free to share your login details with whoever you want. We will not replace gear/money/characters which are lost because you give your account information to untrustowrthy people.

So short version is: Yes. You can have multiple login accounts. No you are not allowed to ever personally have them logged in simultaneously.

dagarath
11-27-2009, 11:48 AM
what if I theoretically had two different IPs and didnt tell you? lol no jk, cool clears everything up.. definately think I am staying with the p99 server for the long haul.

Threepoint
08-07-2011, 05:56 PM
yeah

Marley
08-08-2011, 08:36 PM
what if I theoretically had two different IPs and didnt tell you? lol no jk, cool clears everything up.. definately think I am staying with the p99 server for the long haul.

I think you just did tell them

Fourthmeal
08-08-2011, 11:47 PM
yeah

Koota
08-09-2011, 02:31 AM
yeah

Ektar
08-09-2011, 11:02 AM
I saw reiker and wenai post and I was like OH HEY PALS! then looked at the date :(

Shannacore
08-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Big ol' post about account sharing (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41530)