PDA

View Full Version : 45-60, which is better: JBB or Barbarian Spiritist's Hammer?

loramin
10-25-2013, 12:41 PM
I have a very nice friend who lent me a Barbarian Spiritist's Hammer, and it's been great. However, my friend said that if I wanted I could sell the hammer and convert it it to a JBB. I'm only a few levels away from 45 (aka the JBB level), and I'm wondering: should I?

I had a JBB on live, and it was great, but it's hard to say (based on 10-year-old memories) which one was better. Once I get my epic, it seems like the JBB would clearly be better, but until then should I keep the hammer or sell it and buy a JBB?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Wiery
10-25-2013, 01:07 PM
It probably depends on how you intend on playing. The JBB has an 8sec cast time. So, if you're meleeing all the time, it's probably not beneficial to stop and cast. That being said, I tend to find more efficiency in dotting/nuking/canni, so I'd personally roll with a JBB. And like you said, once you have your epic, JBB is absolutely the way to go.

Tecmos Deception
10-25-2013, 01:22 PM
Unload the hammer before they implement the proc rate nerf!

Your welcome for trying to get someone to buy one of your JBBs, Greeny :p

Wiery
10-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Unload the hammer before they implement the proc rate nerf!

I didn't take that into consideration. Tecmos is absolutely correct.

loramin
10-25-2013, 01:53 PM
I didn't even know that there was a proc rate nerf coming, but that's obviously very relevant ... thanks Tecmos!

*edit*
And thanks Wiery too for the feedback.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
10-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Tecmos = Mike Armantrout of threads.