PDA

View Full Version : new files

Rulien
11-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Hi all I am new to this server and while playing yesterday i came across some spells that said level 2 and 3. I was 3 so i bought them and when i tried to scribe them they locked up my screen and i had to relog in(3 times). I asked in ooc and got the response that there were non that level and i thought they were kidding me. I have played eq from launch date for the first 5 years.
When i replied to people that there were these spells they said i was lying,that i never played before. Well after checking my old notes they were right. The spells only are available levels 1,5,9,14 etc. I opologize to them they were right.
My question is now that I have redone the files according to the forum, will my eq emulator account still work on other servers or will i have problems.I really loved eq classic and want to get back into it. I was playing on another server with 5x exp and free gear but it was not the same game.I just want to know if i can still play another server at times . I just repaired my files and the server is down so I have no way of knowing if I did it right or if it will work.

Allizia
11-29-2009, 10:23 PM
If you go to other servers you will likely need to change the files back (you didn't delete them did you?) You can do this by changing the spell_us file to spell_us_bak1999 and changing the spell_us_bak to spell_us

I backed up my entire folder in UI files that has Gemicons1 etc. Just change that folder back to default and the current default to default_bak1999 if you have problems on another server

Rulien
11-29-2009, 10:25 PM
no I did not delete them just renamed them "_backup"

kich1414
11-30-2009, 12:12 AM
I just installed EQ in 2 different areas so i wouldn't have to bother with changing the backups back and forth. works like a charm, a charm that takes up about 5 extra gigs of space.

Rowyn
11-30-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm working on writing a guide to easily change back and forth using this program I found... works like a charm that takes 2 megs =)

I have it working right now; it only takes 5 seconds to switch from Normal to P1999, and then back. I just need the time to write it out...