PDA

View Full Version : If the server was wiped today ...

nilzark
12-30-2013, 11:51 AM
All toons erased! Who would start over and do it all again? Should this happen one day?

Holey
12-30-2013, 11:52 AM
hahah hahahah NO

i dont think they would
i'd think majority of the veterans since they started would NOT come back
but thats my 2 copper cents

Tecmos Deception
12-30-2013, 12:01 PM
I'd like to say I would come back, but I dont know. And it's not just because I've worked pretty hard for my pretty pixels, although that is a factor for sure. Everyone botched about how long we have been in kunark, but these same people seem to think starting the timeline over in classic and having like 9 months of that then 9 more months of kunark is a good idea? Instead of only being a few months from velious? I don't get it.

Nuggie
12-30-2013, 12:15 PM
I would, but Landmark isn't too far away.

jaybone
12-30-2013, 12:50 PM
hahah hahahah NO

i dont think they would
i'd think majority of the veterans since they started would NOT come back
but thats my 2 copper cents

of course the high end guilds will be back. how else will they pay for their bills? I mean they are already willing to batphone 24 hours a day and sit on their ass to kill 14 year old pixels for the 200th time. They will be back

Holey
12-30-2013, 12:58 PM
of course the high end guilds will be back. how else will they pay for their bills? I mean they are already willing to batphone 24 hours a day and sit on their ass to kill 14 year old pixels for the 200th time. They will be back

if this was a pvp server i'd be a different story.
but on blue its just a cluster fuck with 100 level 1's in the same zone

nilzark
12-30-2013, 12:59 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ill_be_back_terminator.gif

jaybone
12-30-2013, 01:04 PM
a wipe needs to happen to give us a truly classic experience. This server has already been ruined by 3 years of kunark.

Bones
12-30-2013, 01:12 PM
I would totally come back even if just for the sight of seeing the server launch with 1000 people instead of 25-50 like it did; and this is coming from oct 09 with several semi leveled alts, some guised and jbooted, a manastone, pots bound full planar necro, etc. But I've always been a very casual player since day 1 and these pixels mean squat to me.

Itap
12-30-2013, 01:23 PM
I would. I play for fun, not to brag about pixels. Plus, who the hell would I brag to about a 14 year old elf emulator except for ~1000 of us losers

Rhambuk
12-30-2013, 01:27 PM
I would start over if there was no variance and a zerg limit.

but I would honestly bathe in tears while laughing.

Tecmos Deception
12-30-2013, 03:43 PM
a wipe needs to happen to give us a truly classic experience. This server has already been ruined by 3 years of kunark.

It isn't possible to "give us a truly classic experience." You might think a wipe would make things more classic than they are right now, and you MIGHT be right. But you also might not. 1200+ people playing nightly, all knowing how to get guises and manastones and every other legacy item, etc, for months and months? Yeah. That'd be really fucking classic.

Dr. Edge
12-30-2013, 03:57 PM
I would play again,

it would be fun, but the devs would have to adopt a zero tolerance cheating policy this time around and run the booger eaters out of here

baalzy
12-30-2013, 04:08 PM
It would be fun not having to wonder how much platinum is out there because of various exploits. It would be fun seeing who gets to 60 first knowing they weren't abusing bugged charms. But at the same time, too much stuff is established right now. A new blue once Velious is a good way through its timeline would be nice though.

Dr. Edge
12-30-2013, 04:09 PM
the sad thing is that even though it would fix a lot of the skewed broken economy and bring back a ton of players,

you know that the pathetic Mongoloid ass hats from the top guilds would just log on for a month straight and race through the content to block everyone else from it and douche it all up for every normal person that has a life outside of this old ass out dated video game.

Ahldagor
12-30-2013, 04:19 PM
the sad thing is that even though it would fix a lot of the skewed broken economy and bring back a ton of players,

you know that the pathetic Mongoloid ass hats from the top guilds would just log on for a month straight and race through the content to block everyone else from it and douche it all up for every normal person that has a life outside of this old ass out dated video game.

way to compensate for sucking at the game

http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Shh-No-Tears-Only-Dreams-Now-Rustled-.png

Pint
12-30-2013, 04:25 PM
Wouldn't restart if they wiped blue but I'd tool around on an entirely new server if they opened a third.

DrKvothe
12-30-2013, 04:30 PM
If they did a 'restart' that immediately included all content updated through velious? Sure, that'd be pretty fun, imo.

Dr. Edge
12-30-2013, 04:31 PM
sucking at eq?

I didn't realize it was a competition.

Are you sure you're playing the game right?

You make a avatar, complete quests, make friends, group up, join a guild, raid dungeons.
Yep, that's the game I want to play.

But you guys play a different game, your game is more like,
Make avatar, join guild, cheat, buy-sell shit, get twinked, log in non stop race to top, skip all, get to the end, block content.

I guess I'm not in to your game Brah

Ahldagor
12-30-2013, 04:37 PM
sucking at eq?

I didn't realize it was a competition.

Are you sure you're playing the game right?

You make a avatar, complete quests, make friends, group up, join a guild, raid dungeons.
Yep, that's the game I want to play.

But you guys play a different game, your game is more like,
Make avatar, join guild, cheat, buy-sell shit, get twinked, log in non stop race to top, skip all, get to the end, block content.

I guess I'm not in to your game Brah

this is too easy. your game still sucks.

myriverse
12-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Probably, but I wouldn't be happy about it.

Dr. Edge
12-30-2013, 04:46 PM
this is too easy. your game still sucks.

and this is why me and hundreds of others no longer play here, because you guys ruined what was a fun nostalgic game and turned it into a huge aggravation and waste of time

Rhambuk
12-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Loooooove the sig ahlgdor, truly epic.

real dredge?

how did your weightloss thing go, did you win did it work? pm me if you dont want to post it here though im sure your not worried about what these fools think of you.

Obrae
12-30-2013, 05:00 PM
It isn't possible to "give us a truly classic experience." You might think a wipe would make things more classic than they are right now, and you MIGHT be right. But you also might not. 1200+ people playing nightly, all knowing how to get guises and manastones and every other legacy item, etc, for months and months? Yeah. That'd be really fucking classic.

I would comme back and remove these items from the start.

Rhambuk
12-30-2013, 05:02 PM
I would comme back and remove these items from the start.

Permacamp manastone and delete them as you loot them.

Obrae
12-30-2013, 05:03 PM

The best time youll have in this game is leveling up. Raid as always been lacking and a weakness in EQ. What makes the game great is the interection you get while going to the top.

It's my opinion anyway. Other mmo have got awesome raid content nowadays but havent seen one where interaction was a key to gameplay. This is what EQ did best.

Obrae
12-30-2013, 05:05 PM
Permacamp manastone and delete them as you loot them.

Way to casual for that :)
I pass 90% of my gaming time in unrest or Mistmore helping with rezzes. I rarely have anytime to join a group anymore sadly :(

Rhambuk
12-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Way to casual for that :)
I pass 90% of my gaming time in unrest or Mistmore helping with rezzes. I rarely have anytime to join a group anymore sadly :(

Someone give this man a medal, a TRUE everquest player.

Somewhere along the road we forgot that everquest was about helping those struggle in the adventurous world and not sitting at the bottom of a cave for days on end for a chance *snicker* "glory"

Obrae
12-30-2013, 05:19 PM
And its actually some of the best time i have indeed.

Rhambuk
12-30-2013, 05:22 PM
It's all I used to do, sit in ec with rhambuk buffing noobs running to unrest etc etc. hopping on rosalyn doing free ports.

The day I sold that account was the day gave up anything important to me on p99, biggest mistake i made on this server.

Xelris
12-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Absolutely not. Too much work put into my toons, would end up going back to Shards of Dalaya or Live.

Dr. Edge
12-30-2013, 05:25 PM
real dredge?

how did your weightloss thing go, did you win did it work? pm me if you dont want to post it here though im sure your not worried about what these fools think of you.

I didn't win the free trip to juice camp but my sister ended up paying for me to go. It was great, I met lots of really great people, made a lot of friends that I'm still in contact with.

I met Joe Cross and other inspirational people that have lost over a hundred pounds each and have kept it off for years. Met with Harvard trained Doctors and Nutritionist who have given me lots of advice and a plan to gain my health back. Also met Kris Carr, who basically cured her cancer through diet and Alex Jamieson.

I ended up straight juicing for 45 days, lost about 50 or so pounds and learned a lot about making my regular diet a lot more balanced and healthy.

My leg pretty much healed itself and is so much better now.

I also dabbled in the daily Yoga, meditation and whatever other seminars that were offered at the Omega institute.

I have gained back about 10-15 pounds of that since switching back to solid foods but most of that is from eating crap I know I shouldn't.

I plan on getting back in the health kick mode after the New Years. My plan is to maybe do a week or so on just juice to clear out my system, and then switch to a plan of Juice for breakfast and plant based meals for lunch and dinner, with a little meat mostly from fish and eggs.

also going to start training to run this 5k thing my fiancee is doing with her coworkers

Rhambuk
12-30-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm glad you did end up finding a way to go, I voted for you everyday. Congratulations on the loss! Sounds like your much happier! Great to see

Dr. Edge
12-30-2013, 05:34 PM
I'm glad you did end up finding a way to go, I voted for you everyday. Congratulations on the loss! Sounds like your much happier! Great to see

thanks Man, appreciate that.
I'm sure I'm about to get bombarded with negative comments from the peanut gallery :rolleyes:

whitebandit
12-30-2013, 05:41 PM
I would start again

Rhambuk
12-30-2013, 05:45 PM
thanks Man, appreciate that.
I'm sure I'm about to get bombarded with negative comments from the peanut gallery :rolleyes:

hahaha just think its been nearly a year, theyre still antagonizing people on rnf and look at how far youve come.

at least they have a bank full of trak teeth, you can't take that away from them!!!!!

Barkingturtle
12-30-2013, 06:04 PM
I thought Dredge was Kagatob.

Congrats on your weight-loss, Dredge. Congrats also on not being Kagatob. Do you have a date yet for that surgery where they remove all your floppy, excess skin?

Skittlez
12-30-2013, 06:57 PM
I would, but Landmark isn't too far away.

Dr. Edge
12-30-2013, 07:09 PM
I thought Dredge was Kagatob.

Congrats on your weight-loss, Dredge. Congrats also on not being Kagatob. Do you have a date yet for that surgery where they remove all your floppy, excess skin?

ugh,
you thought I was obsessed with little girl anime stuff?

:-(

Itap
12-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Absolutely not. Too much work put into my toons, would end up going back to Shards of Dalaya or Live.

Work? I think it's more "time" then "work"

HeallunRumblebelly
12-31-2013, 01:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kJXGKRSSmQ

runlvlzero
12-31-2013, 01:57 AM
yes

nilzark
12-31-2013, 02:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kJXGKRSSmQ

That's some weird shit.

jaybone
12-31-2013, 03:33 AM

Can guarantee you would not go anywhere.

Rhambuk
12-31-2013, 10:33 AM
Can guarantee you would not go anywhere.

100%