PDA

View Full Version : TCH in Colorado

Raavak
01-08-2014, 10:07 AM
1) Is it legal to test for TCH as a pre-employment test in Colorado?
2) Is it legal to deny someone employment because they test positive for TCH in Colorado?

Autotune
01-08-2014, 10:14 AM
2) Is it legal to deny someone employment because they test positive for TCH in Colorado?

Someone wants to move to Colorado

Freeport
01-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Thought it was thc. Not tch. Those fucking tmo people are way too smart.

Autotune
01-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Thought it was thc. Not tch. Those fucking tmo people are way too smart.

or way to high?

Rhambuk

I'm assuming yes to both.

just because its legal doesn't mean you can't be denied employment for it.

I'm a medical patient in maine and places that do drug testing have it written on the paperwork that they don't care, then again maine isn't a right to work state.

also I hear there is a breathalyzer for thc so no driving stoned people!

Autotune
toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo*

Nikon
01-08-2014, 10:50 AM
I'm assuming yes to both.

just because its legal doesn't mean you can't be denied employment for it.

I'm a medical patient in maine and places that do drug testing have it written on the paperwork that they don't care, then again maine isn't a right to work state.

also I hear there is a breathalyzer for thc so no driving stoned people!

Same here in Colorado. Almost every job I've had here has drug tested and each business still has the right to deny employment if you come back positive for THC on your screening. I haven't heard anything on the breathalyzer as they are still working that out. It's okay if you come to work pumped up on Percs or Hydrocodone, but you better not have any marijuana in your system. :rolleyes:

ymw
01-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Yes and yes. Depending on where you work, though, a lot of employers turn a blind eye if you fail that part of the 5-panel test, but YMMV.

Raavak
01-08-2014, 05:05 PM
I know people that have been busted for driving high, but it was obvious they were and I think had to give a blood test or something.

TCH, THC, who cares yah wanker :P

sanforce
01-08-2014, 05:10 PM
I know people that have been busted for driving high, but it was obvious they were and I think had to give a blood test or something.

TCH, THC, who cares yah wanker :P

Yea, I believe a blood test is the only way to prove the amount of THC that has been recently ingested. But, a person who has a high tolerance (regular toker) will have much more in their system than a filthy casual toker - which leads to skewed results on the blood tests.

Nikon
01-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Yea, I believe a blood test is the only way to prove the amount of THC that has been recently ingested. But, a person who has a high tolerance (regular toker) will have much more in their system than a filthy casual toker - which leads to skewed results on the blood tests.

This is the big issue with the limits being set in Colorado. I believe it's currently set at 5 nanograms per liter of blood which supposedly a daily smoker would have in their system at all times. Plus, a lot of people don't like LE's ability to force you to get a blood test for a traffic infraction such as speeding because the LEO thought you were high. There's a big gap between a breathalyzer and a blood test.

baalzy
01-08-2014, 06:48 PM
This is the big issue with the limits being set in Colorado. I believe it's currently set at 5 nanograms per liter of blood which supposedly a daily smoker would have in their system at all times. Plus, a lot of people don't like LE's ability to force you to get a blood test for a traffic infraction such as speeding because the LEO thought you were high. There's a big gap between a breathalyzer and a blood test.

Similar arguments can be made about blood alcohol and tolerance. Although I will admit ignorance as to the amount of ambient THC a daily user would have in their system even when not experiencing any effects.

I live in Washington and we're having the same issues though we haven't even gotten around to figuring out how to sell the stuff yet.

Problem is, ya gotta start somewhere and even if being high doesn't make you as dangerous as a drunk it still impairs your ability to drive. I also feel like some groups are bringing up this argument because they're actually anti-marijuana and want to get people who would normally be pro-marijuana to still be against this legislation.

People can be arrested for driving under the influence of painkillers too. Driving while impaired (DWI) has a pretty wide margin for interpretation.

To answer the OP:
1) Yes
2) Yes

It's still federally illegal and some jobs may be required to test in order to continue w/ their contracts.

mishurza
01-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Studies show that the most common result of smoking and getting behind the wheel is driving under the speed limit.

Marijuana is illegal because William Randolph Herst led a smear campaign against it, primarily to protect his interests in the timber industry as hemp fiber was going to replace wood pulp as the primary source of paper.

Michigan currently has a proposal in the state legislature to legalize pot, tax it, and use the money for road construction. They are calling it, "Pot for potholes" If that isn't a win I don't know what is.

Rhambuk
01-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Studies show that the most common result of smoking and getting behind the wheel is driving under the speed limit.

Guilty.

usually 5 under, put my blinker on about 1/4 mile too early, and stop like 10 feet before the stop sign/light lol

You're driving too cautiously! you must be high!

sanforce
01-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Ive stopped at a green light before, oops

quido
01-08-2014, 09:05 PM
When I'm high on cannabis I'm liable to steal things, steamroll guilds, and rape teenage girls.

Andervin
01-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Ever wait for the stop sign to turn green?