PDA

View Full Version : Go back to the way things were

karekiz
01-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Can't we just go back to the way things were? TMO deserves any kill they can camp for. Isn't that classic?

A lot of people ruining classic with all this. It was fine for years, it will be fine still. It was all made up to de-rail the classic EQ goodness.

Rhambuk
01-08-2014, 03:33 PM
its fine if your in tmo.

but 90% of the playerbase isn't and after years of watching this same pony show even the Devs are tired of it.

pointless post, pointless response.

let the raid discussion continue

Elderan
01-08-2014, 03:37 PM
As someone said.. Only 44 mobs per month to go around. Split those up between a bunch of guilds and it leaves no one happy...

August
01-08-2014, 04:14 PM
There are 11 mobs outside of VP. 2 of them are level 52-restricted.

They pop on average 4 times a month.

That's 44 raid mobs per month. There are at least 6 tier 2 guilds, and 3 tier 1 guilds - that's being pretty stingy

That's 9 guilds that want to compete for 44 mobs a month. That's approximately 5 mobs per guild.

Do you think it's fair to you that you only get 5 mobs a month for your guild?

Oh, you don't? Well that's fine, but keep in mind that if you take another mob, then someone else only gets 4 mobs a month. How many mobs do you think you deserve? Is it 10 mobs a month? Well then another guild gets 0 mobs a month. Do 4 guilds want 10 mobs a month? Gratz 4 mobs total for the rest of the 5 guilds.

This is an unsolvable problem on an EMU server that's been stale for too long. My numbers may not be accurate (i don't raid here) but that's the actual reality of the situation. A LOT of people can kill the mobs. A LOT of people want mobs. There are a static number of mobs per month.

No one guild can be dominant without severely cutting off access to those mobs to the rest.
No coalition of guilds can exist without everyone getting a very very thin slice of pie.

The solution is more mobs, or people being content with less.

Staff / Development are going to have to solve this problem with a coded solution. We are all arguing with each other to no great effect because the numbers behind all these solutions just don't add up.

You can put tiers on stuff, you can put restrictions on who and what can engage and in what time period, but the end result is straight up numbers.

44 Mobs a month

sanforce
01-08-2014, 04:17 PM
signed. then again, the server is probably already fooked. might as well just add raid tokens and instances at this point.

ripwind
01-08-2014, 04:27 PM
All of these people throwing around technical ideas to implement (tokens, simulated patch days, etc.) have obviously never worked on a development team. "Just implement such and such!"

Rogean has to be on the floor laughing at most of these.

karekiz
01-08-2014, 04:32 PM
signed. then again, the server is probably already fooked. might as well just add raid tokens and instances at this point.

Yup, welcome to WoWQuest 99. All your raiding when you want it. Don't want to bother with other guilds? Sure, we have you covered! Don't want to work for your raid mob? Just use our instance. Why not add Normal/Hard mode too? That way everyone can see all the content. Isn't that the whole issue?

Daldaen
01-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Yup, welcome to WoWQuest 99. All your raiding when you want it. Don't want to bother with other guilds? Sure, we have you covered! Don't want to work for your raid mob? Just use our instance. Why not add Normal/Hard mode too? That way everyone can see all the content. Isn't that the whole issue?

I can't help but feel like these responses are akin to neckbeard raiding withdrawal. They need to get their fix or they will continue to post dumb shit like this.

Splorf22
01-08-2014, 04:35 PM
All of these people throwing around technical ideas to implement (tokens, simulated patch days, etc.) have obviously never worked on a development team. "Just implement such and such!"

Rogean has to be on the floor laughing at most of these.

I have worked on a development team and I have a PhD in computer science - plus I looked at the EQ Emulator source code.

Simulated patch days are easy to implement and Rogean even posted the script he used to do the one over Christmas Break - with an appropriate loop it would have been 3-4 lines. Basically there is a function in the questmanager that changes the repop time for a given target, and he just set them all to 1. Doing them without affecting normal repops is slightly harder, but really not bad.

sanforce
01-08-2014, 04:37 PM
P1999 should probably go ahead and allow multi-boxing while they're at it.

Don't like competition? Great! This is the place for you. Instanced raid tokens with your main and 30 alts!

Lord_Snow
01-08-2014, 04:43 PM
New frickin server....Dev's are just going to have headache after headache until they release a new server. I know its about money, but look at your pop on Blue vs Red, Take red down. Or instead of the teams PvP server commin out make it another blue server. You can't have a game made for a constant pop of 500-700 and expect to run smoothly with a pop of 1k+ on the regular.

You guys have stripped away all competition for mobs. The thrill of raiding for me from live was the fact you had to mobilize fast and get to the mob fast, whoever engages first gets the mob. Not this rotation BS where guilds get to call their mobs.... wtf? I would rather compete. Like football.... there is only 1 ball! 1.2k people and 44 mobs....you're guild bags a mob you win. And I think it's absolutly effed up that you guys are not even considering other guilds for t2....So you're telling me these guild leaders have to "Ask" to raid if they are outside the nazi raid coalition? That's messed up, I bet you kids looked for your christmas presents before christmas cause you hate surprises.

Now you say there is a guild out there that already has all of their toys from sky and everywhere else? Don't let that guild raid since they have have beaten the game, and since the servers time periods are'nt "To the T" once velious comes out (Whenever that is *Rolls eyes*) then these top raiding guilds can continue to raid. The problem isnt the 44 mobs, the problem is the 1400 I see online almost everyday. More pop more problems.

Easy expensive solution: Split the server. It's a game, games are supposed to be competitive.

Other up comming guilds may not like this system or even know about it. Not everyone who plays p99 comes to these forums, mostly because its posts from people who have been here for years whineing to the dev's about the same crap instead of doing anything about it. All I see is "I don't wanna compete, I want my hand held."

myriverse
01-08-2014, 04:43 PM
As someone said.. Only 44 mobs per month to go around. Split those up between a bunch of guilds and it leaves no one happy...
You fail at math.

Clark
01-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Can't we just go back to the way things were?

A lot of people ruining classic with all this. It was fine for years, it will be fine still. It was all made up to de-rail the classic EQ goodness.

Aaron
01-08-2014, 04:46 PM
I know its about money,

No it's not.

And we already have an active thread for this dumb idea. You should post your well thought out response in that one.

August
01-08-2014, 04:53 PM
Hey would anybody else like to post without regard to any viewpoint besides their own? These forums are really fun!

Tell me more about how the game is fun to *you* and how anyone else with a differentiating opinion is wrong!

Rupertox
01-08-2014, 04:54 PM
New frickin server....Dev's are just going to have headache after headache until they release a new server. I know its about money, but look at your pop on Blue vs Red, Take red down. Or instead of the teams PvP server commin out make it another blue server. You can't have a game made for a constant pop of 500-700 and expect to run smoothly with a pop of 1k+ on the regular.

You guys have stripped away all competition for mobs. The thrill of raiding for me from live was the fact you had to mobilize fast and get to the mob fast, whoever engages first gets the mob. Not this rotation BS where guilds get to call their mobs.... wtf? I would rather compete. Like football.... there is only 1 ball! 1.2k people and 44 mobs....you're guild bags a mob you win. And I think it's absolutly effed up that you guys are not even considering other guilds for t2....So you're telling me these guild leaders have to "Ask" to raid if they are outside the nazi raid coalition? That's messed up, I bet you kids looked for your christmas presents before christmas cause you hate surprises.

Now you say there is a guild out there that already has all of their toys from sky and everywhere else? Don't let that guild raid since they have have beaten the game, and since the servers time periods are'nt "To the T" once velious comes out (Whenever that is *Rolls eyes*) then these top raiding guilds can continue to raid. The problem isnt the 44 mobs, the problem is the 1400 I see online almost everyday. More pop more problems.

Easy expensive solution: Split the server. It's a game, games are supposed to be competitive.

Other up comming guilds may not like this system or even know about it. Not everyone who plays p99 comes to these forums, mostly because its posts from people who have been here for years whineing to the dev's about the same crap instead of doing anything about it. All I see is "I don't wanna compete, I want my hand held."

i hope this were possible and merge again if you want in velious, but is not only expensive.....

who goes to server one? who goes to server 2?

so if i am BDA and have RL friends of divinity, and each guild goes to a server.... what i am going to do? imagine how many problems it would have, too.

sanforce
01-08-2014, 04:56 PM
i hope this were possible and merge again if you want in velious, but is not only expensive.....

who goes to server one? who goes to server 2?

so if i am BDA and have RL friends of divinity, and each guild goes to a server.... what i am going to do? imagine how many problems it would have, too.

P1999 Filthy Casuals
P1999 Hardcore Neckbeards

We both know which direction BDA and Divinity would go.

Nizzarr
01-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Nobody is gonna be happy with 44 mobs split between 10 guilds.

At least before the raid ban, you had 200 tmo members getting 80% of the mobs but they did put the organizational time in.

You cant claim mobs if youre not interested in putting in as much time as the neckbeards. Thats what everquest was all about. This is also why they made instances on new games, because this isnt healthy for population.

But in essence, this is everquest and dealwithit.jpg

sox7d
TMO are JOB CREATORS, you pithy scum.

Kristian
Can't we just go back to the way things were? TMO deserves any kill they can camp for. Isn't that classic?

People get way too hung up on the 'classic' thing. P99 stopped mirroring 'classic' a long time ago in a variety of ways, now it's just a word people throw around when it suits them. The players and server staff are tired of the raid scene being made unplayable by a few slovenly narcissistic sociopath neckbeards who have decided to make pixels and griefing the entire community the singular focal point of their pathetic existence.

The biggest mistake server staff made was including the neckbeards in negotiations, when staff and the other guilds should have come up with the new raid system and then imposed these changes on the neckbeards. If the neckbeards didn't want to play by the new rules, they could leave for another mmo to ruin and community to grief while all of P99 rejoices and has a blast raiding with the basement-dwelling poopsockers gone.

Vandy
01-08-2014, 05:05 PM
P1999 Filthy Casuals
P1999 Hardcore Neckbeards

We both know which direction BDA and Divinity would go.

It would have to be a forced server split, I highly doubt TMO and FE/IB would go to the same server voluntarily. Both preaching competition but either would split to a server where the other is not in a heartbeat.

Daldaen
01-08-2014, 05:10 PM

At least before the raid ban, you had 200 tmo members getting 80% of the mobs but they did put the organizational time in.

You cant claim mobs if youre not interested in putting in as much time as the neckbeards. Thats what everquest was all about. This is also why they made instances on new games, because this isnt healthy for population.

Everquest didn't have people perma farming the same 20 mobs for 3 years. New expansions were released and the neckbeards moved onto the new mobs. Which allowed the casuals to get the old Kunark mobs. 3 year Kunark means casuals are stuck with no mobs for 3 years. Thus, our current situation.

This isn't everquest. This is limbo-everquest. Stuck in the same content forever. Not a knock at the devs, they are putting in time to get shit right and that's fine. But we have strayed off course due to this and because of that people are getting frustrated. After 3 years the neckbeards are still poopsocking the same content, with even greater efficiency due to more knowledge of the game, more time to make Alts, a cornered market on raid loot to buy Alts, and bat phoning. Which makes "competing" for any new / casual guild near impossible.

Clark
01-08-2014, 05:11 PM

Galelor
01-08-2014, 05:20 PM

Arguing anything about the competition in p99 being classic is being unreasonable. Here is a stat I just found showing how p99 raiding is decidedly not classic:

2000: Text messaging takes off
Now capable of texting with their friends on other networks, Americans begin sending (a now comically low) 35 texts per month.

Extrapolate...

If the server goal is to relive classic competition, work really needs done to reach that goal. If the goal is for people playing on the server to experience the content they all remember, work needs done to reach that goal. We can fully have both only with coding changes.

I already suggested a token system in a thread a few days ago, but since coding changes are now on the table again... If you want competition, FFA all normal spawns + server repops then you can't use the token system. If you want a token system to spawn mobs, you don't get to FFA any raid mobs but can get x amount of tokens to simulate a months worth of spawns without server repops. I also pose that all items dropped from token mobs are no drop, so if the goal is to experience content, you have to do so in order to get your pixels. Additionally, a guild must wait 1 month after the first system change request is granted. Players must also wait 1 month to loot a raid item once their first system change is made by switching guild tags. Punishment for not following the policy is a 4 week guild raid suspension.

This idea scales with all expansions and loot tiers, and prevents hacking the system. It also allows everyone to play how they want to play at each extreme. You want to compete? Have fun with the other people who also want to compete. You want to experience content at your own pace? Have fun doing so only with your guild or in a FFA guild.

Considering coding changes are now a viable option... Good luck, and God bless...

fullmetalcoxman
01-08-2014, 05:33 PM
VarianceQuest. So fun, so classic.

myriverse
01-08-2014, 05:39 PM

Same 44 mobs. Same drops. Just a more diverse group getting stuff and being happier. It doesn't need to be one guild getting 80% of the drops for people to be happy.

Raavak
01-08-2014, 05:40 PM
The biggest mistake server staff made was including the neckbeards in negotiations, when staff and the other guilds should have come up with the new raid system and then imposed these changes on the neckbeards. If the neckbeards didn't want to play by the new rules, they could leave for another mmo to ruin and community to grief while all of P99 rejoices and has a blast raiding with the basement-dwelling poopsockers gone.I think you are completely missing the point that it isn't all about YOU and what YOU want.

We are looking for a solution that includes everyone.

Nizzarr
01-08-2014, 05:41 PM
If you dont have the time the neckbeard does and you wanna raid on everquest I suggest you try world of warcraft.com, its a great MMO with instances and shit.

Raavak
01-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Hey Nizzarr, long time no see. You are kinda late to the discussion, but as you can see the part-timers think the server is all about them.

zanderklocke
01-08-2014, 05:45 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/How+Gaming+Works_549979_4394402.png
Change better and worse to time spent playing because EQ takes hardly any skill in terms of gameplay mechanics and ability.

Even the casuals here have no life. I have 90+ days on Zanderr played.

Raavak
01-08-2014, 05:49 PM
90 days?!?!?! You animal. :P

Kristian
01-08-2014, 05:53 PM
I think you are completely missing the point that it isn't all about YOU and what YOU want.

We are looking for a solution that includes everyone.

The solution needs to fix the problem, and I don't see how that is possible if you are aiming to appease the very people causing the problems. The better the solution, the more the lifeless basement-dwelling neckbeards are going to hate it. They never cared about what anybody else wants, nobody should care about what they want.

Spitty
01-08-2014, 05:58 PM
The better the solution, the more the lifeless basement-dwelling neckbeards are going to hate it.

If every solution you develop reflects this statement, then you should be kept far the fuck away from the solution-developing process on this server.

Kristian
01-08-2014, 06:09 PM
If every solution you develop reflects this statement, then you should be kept far the fuck away from the solution-developing process on this server.

I know how to get shit done son, and slapping a band-aid on the symptoms isn't it.

Nizzarr
01-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Why punish the players farming the same content for 3 years? its not like they had a choice, there wasnt anymore new content for them to do.

If they released velious, you "casuals" would have some of the kunark content opened up for all your "casual" raiding.

Unfortunately, theres no velious and all the casuals are 60s with no epics and want epics handed to them.

At this point, instead of doing raid rules that ruins the community, they should have put in the epics changes from march 2001 and let the casual scums get welfare epics.

Then nobody would cry about not getting raid mobs.

I wish you all many gold plated costanzas and dragonbone bracelets in your future.

Castigate
01-08-2014, 06:21 PM

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance.

Raid Scene
It continues to be an aggravating realization among CSR staff that 10% of the server population causes 90% of the problems. We are all for competition, but it needs to be fair competition. We are also all here for the same thing, to experience classic Everquest. The same guild monopolizing raid content for 2 years that they might not even need anymore is ridiculous, just to block other guilds from the chance of gearing up to take on the same end game content.

I was thinking to myself the other day and I came to ask myself.. Are we providing this server to give people the arena to compete to such bitter extremes that it has resorted to taking every absolute measure to be victorious, or are we here to provide a classic Everquest experience for everyone to enjoy?

A lot of you make fun of it in your own terms, but it really does come down to fighting over very old content.

Either way, we're tired of the constant bickering, the training, the ninja looting, and all the other bullshit that's going on. So here's what we're going to do.

Starting today and then evaluated when Velious is released the CSR staff will be keeping track of how the raid guilds are treating eachother. If we do not see a significant improvement in the behavior of the raiding guilds and how they treat eachother, Velious will be released without raid content. To be clear, we want an enjoyable raid scene for everyone, not just one or two guilds. This means working together to figure out a compromise when racing for mobs, and working with smaller guilds to let them have a chance at mobs you don't absolutely need for gearing main characters.

Don't think that this means you can continue shitting on each other and just not petition, the staff will still be watching.

What you are hoping for isn't going to come back. You, and many others, need to accept that and move forward from there.

Droog007
01-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Why punish the players farming the same content for 3 years?What else can you do with insolent children who've been asked and asked and asked again to figure out how to stop being sucktwats?

its not like they had a choice, there wasnt anymore new content for them to do.Nope - no choice whatsoever. None. Zip. Nada.

Bazia
01-08-2014, 06:24 PM
I don't get it this server has already been destroyed by mudflation of plat and overpowered items (like donals).

Just wipe it and relaunch. By the time Velious is done the server will actually be appropriate for it.

Besides letting account sales go on for so long destroyed raiding irreversibly, it's a fact and the only way to fix it is getting rid of the accounts.

Spitty
01-08-2014, 06:29 PM
I don't get it

You should have stopped there.

Let me be perfectly clear - if you think that the rest of us regular, nonchalant, could-give-a-shit-about-p99-raiding players deserve to be wiped because the top tier is genetically lacking in the department of figuring simple shit out, you've got another fucking thing coming.

Erati
01-08-2014, 06:35 PM
One of the most casual paced EQemu possible (3 yrs of Kunark) is full of hardcore attitudes

hmmm

Kristian
01-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Why punish the players farming the same content for 3 years? its not like they had a choice, there wasnt anymore new content for them to do.

If they released velious, you "casuals" would have some of the kunark content opened up for all your "casual" raiding.

Unfortunately, theres no velious and all the casuals are 60s with no epics and want epics handed to them.

At this point, instead of doing raid rules that ruins the community, they should have put in the epics changes from march 2001 and let the casual scums get welfare epics.

I wish you all many gold plated costanzas and dragonbone bracelets in your future.

They didn't have a choice indefinitely farming the same mobs they no longer needed loot for, just to keep them from everyone else right? They were forced at gunpoint? At this point, they are trying to implement raid rules that the community wants instead of continuing to suffer through the unplayable end-game that existed before server staff forced dialogue. You need to re-evaluate who is doing the ruining around here, it's definitely not casuals or server staff.

Nizzarr
01-08-2014, 06:50 PM
how much time have you spent in game and how much time did they spend?

TanDemain
01-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Man0warr:

THIS SERVER ISN'T CLASSIC - outside of the mobs, loot, and mechanics.

Most servers didn't need a rotation, because there was only ever 1-3 guilds that ever had the capability to kill bleeding edge content - everything worked it self out most of the time because there was enough targets to go around.

Servers weren't stuck on Kunark for 3 years.

Servers didn't have 6-8 guilds capable of killing Trakanon.

Server's didn't have the majority of the player base with a max level character, nor was it classic for the top guilds to have alt armies of maxed out twinks camped at every competitive raid mob.

Therefore, a non classic solution is required. There is no way you can disagree with any of my points above.

This. I don't understand why the hardcore guilds can't comprehend these concepts. They use the argument of "Hardcore guilds and competition is classic" but neglect to realize that over the last few years, the classic experience on P99 has become anything but the classic experience (for all the reasons posted above). Their arguments lack this basic reasoning when bringing up the "classic card".

When Velious came out on Live (just over a year from Kunark's release), the hardcore guilds (I was in Vis Maior on Quellious, I know) migrated to the next content while the smaller tighter-knit, casual and family-oriented guilds moved onto the old content (that was boring and useless in regards to loot etc) and smaller raid targets in Velious and Kunark.

I really have to question the motives of the hardcore guilds, but can't fault them either... what else are they to do? If it brings them fun (whatever warped sense of fun killing Trak 200+ times can give you), who are we to say otherwise? The simplest answer, usually being the most opportune, would have to be to release Velious in a timely manner. Kunark was not designed/intended to go on this long, but here we are.

Velerin
01-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Actually to succeed here has little to do with the time you play and more with how many alts you bought to park at raid targets.

What is a hardcore EQer on p99?
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134101

Clark
01-08-2014, 06:55 PM

lol

chief
01-08-2014, 09:46 PM
WoWquest 2014, hand in your newbie tunic for epic

radditsu
01-08-2014, 10:00 PM
Why!!!!

NextGenesis88
01-08-2014, 10:02 PM
As long as the new rules still allow competition, what's the problem?

Rhambuk
01-08-2014, 10:02 PM
WoWquest 2014, hand in your newbie tunic for epic

I deleted mine, does that mean I can't get my epic!? Damn time to reroll

radditsu
01-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Stop it.

Visual
01-09-2014, 12:24 AM

FE was probably getting ~a third of the global kills recently and tbh I can't even remember the last Inny we got.

The raid scene was becoming more interesting before this happened.

Nizzarr
01-09-2014, 01:30 AM
yea from what I was seeing, FE/IB was out poopsocking them pretty hard.

Then it seems like Guides/Gms had enough and dont want poeple that spend time doing raid content to actually get the raid content.

radditsu
01-09-2014, 01:59 AM
These threads are terrible

Forza
01-09-2014, 02:01 AM
its fine if your in tmo.

but 90% of the playerbase isn't and after years of watching this same pony show even the Devs are tired of it.

pointless post, pointless response.

let the raid discussion continue

truly and honestly, the devs are sick of people like you. The most vocal whiny crybabies. Guess what: This is Project 1999, meaning that this is supposed to be as close to EQC as possible. I am NOT IN TMO. I don't support what TMO has done in the past, but at the same time EQ Classic didn't have rotations on every single server for every single mob, you ALL know that unless there's some specific server that only rotated mobs.

Let the nerdiest of nerds get whatever pixels they want and raid whomever they want to raid for whatever reason. If they cheat, ban them (IMO), if they don't, WHO CARES THIS IS CLASSIC EQ. Did you ever petition when the strongest guild on your live server killed every mob because they worked the hardest for them? Do you ever set an alarm to wake up at odd times in the night just to check and see if a mob spawned, let alone the amount of times countless TMO members have done this with their alts? Come on man, people like you need to stop thinking you're entitled to ANYTHING with this game.

The devs are TIRED of people like you complaining day in and day out about all of this, when in reality YOU SHOULD SHUT UP AND PLAY THE SERVER THEY GRACIOUSLY PUT OUT THERE FOR YOU. SHUT THE HELL UP AND PLAY.

Know why majority of us can't beat TMO in the raid scene? Because majority of us have jobs and a life to attend to.

radditsu
01-09-2014, 02:03 AM
http://blog.hirestrategies.co.uk/erecruitment/images/2008/05/06/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Forza
01-09-2014, 02:08 AM
i wanted to add that the token system is such a stupid fucking idea and that the people suggesting it should probably play another game. years of watered down games has watered down your brain in regard to competitive gaming. Leave.

Forza
01-09-2014, 02:09 AM
http://blog.hirestrategies.co.uk/erecruitment/images/2008/05/06/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Dude, I don't live on the forums, sorry I don't have 800 posts like you.

radditsu
01-09-2014, 02:24 AM
You are not the arbitor of knowing what the Dev's /GMs are sick and tired of.

You are just as bad as anyone on the other side of the coin wanting "free merbs".

Please continue to draw conclusions on things you could know nothing about.

Both sides are like children. At least I could tell my children "Hey share" and it happens.

The more I see this, the more I see that none of this could possibly come to any conclusion without dictation. The situation is untenable, because of ego and general
pitifullness. Full of pity. Tragic. Dismal. Appalling.

Every single one of you that keep bringing this immature mindset and want to dribble their little "opinion", can have their characters stripped and de-leveled to 1.

None of this is funny anymore. It's just piteous.

JackFlash
01-09-2014, 02:48 AM
/thread bad

BillyCranston
01-09-2014, 02:50 AM
The people posting on these topics and the forums and general are the reason this entire community doesn't deserve a fucking thing.

"People complaining about not enough raid mobs/"fair" raid rules for a game that's 13 years old and pre-dates WoW and 99% of what's in WoW? Let me throw around a bunch of wow and instance bullshit, because I'm retarded and never learned how to play with others or anything else from my alcoholic piece of shit parents"

Yeah no, totally, between 200+ people raiding once a week for one or two targets at most each week is what "raiders" should expect. I mean after all, Classic EQ makes up about 1% of the raiding mechanics from all MMOs over time, we should keep those outdated mechanics so that the server feels "classic" aka, like shit.

Keep it up, everyone. You're the kind of cesspool that honestly needs to see the entire EQEmu project shut down, so you can get off your fat fucking lazy ignorant asses, and do even half of what the people putting this dog and pony show on have done. Shut the fuck up already. Sorry P99 crew, but your "classic or bust" mentality when it comes to raiding is bullshit, it has been for years here, it's just now catching up with you. Shutting down the entire raid scene is doing anything except making you all look like people who have let the inmates take over the asylum. Get a fucking grip already and lay down the law, otherwise, you and this entire project is doomed for disaster. It's already been two+ years on Kunark, anyone who really believes in a REMOTELY 'classic' timeline is laughing. Not at the lack of Velious, or XYZ hotfix, but at the utter lack of running this place. Have some balls, tell people what the fucking deal is, and have them accept it, or start their own fucking emulated Everquest project. Honestly if I had the time or dedication to research and redo a bunch of Titanium shit into classic EQ timelines, or a team to do it with, I'd be all for it; I also wouldn't put up with a bunch of pieces of shit who think they're entitled to bitch and moan instead of objectively help and contribute. Sorry, but that is NOT what is going on here anymore, people just whine and then GMs and the staff cater to the whiners. This is just a fucking publicity stunt at this point, from both sides, P99 staff and devs and the community both.

Anyone who wanted to experience what "classic" raiding felt like, aka, PvE "competition" (let's be honest here, all of you neckbeards are calling getting to the target first competition, that's just having enough people with less of a life than <insert other guild(s) here at the given moment>, should have been around when classic PvE competition was relevant. I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks that any guild, 14 years later, shouldn't be able to form up, and zone into Fear, THEIR Fear, and have to do a zone break in, in order to get through all that trash, to finally pull CT, etc etc, is a piece of shit whiner. "No no, they didn't form up at 3 AM and sacrifice their actual careers and lives for a fucking outdated video game, they don't deserve the same pixels as I have on my screen". Yeah that totally makes sense.

Instancing the raids a bad thing? Only to a sociopath who thinks EQ actually had competition when it came to PvE beyond Worldwide firsts and Serverwide firsts. Sorry dickheads, but that's where competition ends on PvE. Whoever the fuck does it first, everyone else after that is chasing what the first people already did, beating everyone else to figuring something no one else has out. If you think that killing Vox with your alts who don't ever level past 52, "first" for the 50th time on the server is anything of an accomplishment, you must be awfully fucking proud to tie (velcro) your shoes each day. There will never be a Fires of Heaven again, because guess what? Everyone knows which mobs can be killed and the only one that shouldn't be able to. Sorry, that's the entire "awe" of Everquest, gone. That's why 90% of the people went to new places or tried new things, to explore and figure out something that no one else had before. Guess how often that can happen on an emulated server based on a classic timeline? Never.

Dicking over people in the name of a "classic" experience is about the furthest thing from recreating a classic experience. If anyone actually thinks Verant would have run a server like this, they are kidding themselves into insanity.

You all should have been spanked more by your lack of parents, what a fine example of the fucked up population that is America.

JackFlash
01-09-2014, 02:55 AM
This isn't rnf.... also, confirmed mad. ^^

BillyCranston
01-09-2014, 03:15 AM
This isn't rnf.... also, confirmed mad. ^^

Aw look, another WoW reply. How non-cliche of you. Really though, what an intelligent fucking response and a worthy addition to a discussion. Keep leading the flag like the other 99% of the community here.

Galelor
01-09-2014, 03:23 AM
i wanted to add that the token system is such a stupid fucking idea and that the people suggesting it should probably play another game. years of watered down games has watered down your brain in regard to competitive gaming. Leave.

Find a better plan that let's everyone enjoy the 15 year old game. Your genius 'do nothing plan' is obviously not working out that well.

BTW, EQ live is in its 15th year and currently has 17 servers + a beta and a test server. They abandoned competition based raiding in year 4 with expansion 6 of 20. Clearly they found that alienating large bases of their population was not fun for the players... Doing nothing doesn't keep people playing the same game for 15 years. Also, More than 50% of p99 agrees that the level of 'competitive raiding' here sucks giant donkey dicks. According to you, it is clear that half of the people trying to have fun don't know what fun is...

Additionally, the raid content in EQ got progressively harder with the addition of scripted events and triggered sequences. The first few expansions were, by and large, tank and spank raid encounters. Many raid encounters further down the line are MUCH more difficult to execute. While the pvp competition was reduced the pve competition blossomed.

Finally, competitive gaming is currently at its peak. The amount of people playing PvP games has never been higher. I don't know how you can dumb down PvP games because you are playing against people, and there is always a winner/loser. My suggestion is that if you want to play a PvE game where you are secretly PvPing by racing, go play Forza or NFS...

Forza
01-09-2014, 04:05 AM
Find a better plan that let's everyone enjoy the 15 year old game. Your genius 'do nothing plan' is obviously not working out that well.

BTW, EQ live is in its 15th year and currently has 17 servers + a beta and a test server. They abandoned competition based raiding in year 4 with expansion 6 of 20. Clearly they found that alienating large bases of their population was not fun for the players... Doing nothing doesn't keep people playing the same game for 15 years. Also, More than 50% of p99 agrees that the level of 'competitive raiding' here sucks giant donkey dicks. According to you, it is clear that half of the people trying to have fun don't know what fun is...

Additionally, the raid content in EQ got progressively harder with the addition of scripted events and triggered sequences. The first few expansions were, by and large, tank and spank raid encounters. Many raid encounters further down the line are MUCH more difficult to execute. While the pvp competition was reduced the pve competition blossomed.

Finally, competitive gaming is currently at its peak. The amount of people playing PvP games has never been higher. I don't know how you can dumb down PvP games because you are playing against people, and there is always a winner/loser. My suggestion is that if you want to play a PvE game where you are secretly PvPing by racing, go play Forza or NFS...

Are you all females or something? Jesus christ. Writing me a god damn story book about what again?

1. The "do nothing" plan doesn't work because there's crybabies like you who think they're entitled to a spawn in an emulated video game, rather than just accepting EQ for what it is and always has been, thereby also inadvertently pissing off the GMs by complaining about what's right and wrong on a server that you don't own.

2. Thanks for telling me about raiding.

3. Thanks for missing my point of competition entirely. Were we talking about PVP or gathering a mass quick enough and organized enough to sweep most of the mobs in the game?

Cool

Forza
01-09-2014, 04:08 AM
You are not the arbitor of knowing what the Dev's /GMs are sick and tired of.

You are just as bad as anyone on the other side of the coin wanting "free merbs".

Please continue to draw conclusions on things you could know nothing about.

Both sides are like children. At least I could tell my children "Hey share" and it happens.

The more I see this, the more I see that none of this could possibly come to any conclusion without dictation. The situation is untenable, because of ego and general
pitifullness. Full of pity. Tragic. Dismal. Appalling.

Every single one of you that keep bringing this immature mindset and want to dribble their little "opinion", can have their characters stripped and de-leveled to 1.

None of this is funny anymore. It's just piteous.

If two people are bitching and complaining about something totally irrelevant to the chaperone attending the situation, what happens? Do you think the GMs give a shit which guild gets what item? No. Do they give a shit if we all just get along? Yes.

Know why??? Because they created this server out of the love for the game, as silly as that sounds, that's what it is. Did they envision a bunch of grown men crying over fucking dragons? NOPE! Is it annoying? YUP!!

However I agree with completely starting over

Forza
01-09-2014, 04:11 AM
They abandoned competition based raiding in year 4 with expansion 6 of 20. Clearly they found that alienating large bases of their population was not fun for the players...

What are you even babbling about here? I must have skipped over this crock of nonsense. Who gives a shit? Do you play P1999 to play the 14th expansion, or do you play P1999 to get the Classic feel bad, as classic as it can get?

I doubt majority of the people even played EQ past the 5th expansion. EQ was like a band who came out with really good CDs and sold out. Whaddya know, a different company USED to run the damn game!

Forza
01-09-2014, 04:15 AM
Instancing the raids a bad thing?

yes

Only to a sociopath who thinks EQ actually had competition when it came to PvE beyond Worldwide firsts and Serverwide firsts.

No

psyphon
01-09-2014, 05:43 AM
What are you even babbling about here? I must have skipped over this crock of nonsense. Who gives a shit? Do you play P1999 to play the 14th expansion, or do you play P1999 to get the Classic feel bad, as classic as it can get?

I doubt majority of the people even played EQ past the 5th expansion. EQ was like a band who came out with really good CDs and sold out. Whaddya know, a different company USED to run the damn game!

That's part of the problem, look at the dates for EQ expansions, if the timeline was the same, we'd be in LDoN by now. I'm not saying any of us want this, but the fact remains that you can't have the same classic experience because part of that classic experience was a limitation of time.

I'd be curious to see a classic breakdown of population and levels at Velious launch just to see how not classic the current situation is. You can't relive the past, but we can all have fun killing dragons without being precious, entitled and/or greedy children in doing so. Pretty sure we can accomplish this without having to wipe the server every year or two.

Derubael
01-09-2014, 05:57 AM
Please keep this shit in RnF.

Lron
01-09-2014, 06:02 AM
Deru clean up your language please.

Hailto
01-09-2014, 08:04 AM
The people posting on these topics and the forums and general are the reason this entire community doesn't deserve a fucking thing.

"People complaining about not enough raid mobs/"fair" raid rules for a game that's 13 years old and pre-dates WoW and 99% of what's in WoW? Let me throw around a bunch of wow and instance bullshit, because I'm retarded and never learned how to play with others or anything else from my alcoholic piece of shit parents"

Yeah no, totally, between 200+ people raiding once a week for one or two targets at most each week is what "raiders" should expect. I mean after all, Classic EQ makes up about 1% of the raiding mechanics from all MMOs over time, we should keep those outdated mechanics so that the server feels "classic" aka, like shit.

Keep it up, everyone. You're the kind of cesspool that honestly needs to see the entire EQEmu project shut down, so you can get off your fat fucking lazy ignorant asses, and do even half of what the people putting this dog and pony show on have done. Shut the fuck up already. Sorry P99 crew, but your "classic or bust" mentality when it comes to raiding is bullshit, it has been for years here, it's just now catching up with you. Shutting down the entire raid scene is doing anything except making you all look like people who have let the inmates take over the asylum. Get a fucking grip already and lay down the law, otherwise, you and this entire project is doomed for disaster. It's already been two+ years on Kunark, anyone who really believes in a REMOTELY 'classic' timeline is laughing. Not at the lack of Velious, or XYZ hotfix, but at the utter lack of running this place. Have some balls, tell people what the fucking deal is, and have them accept it, or start their own fucking emulated Everquest project. Honestly if I had the time or dedication to research and redo a bunch of Titanium shit into classic EQ timelines, or a team to do it with, I'd be all for it; I also wouldn't put up with a bunch of pieces of shit who think they're entitled to bitch and moan instead of objectively help and contribute. Sorry, but that is NOT what is going on here anymore, people just whine and then GMs and the staff cater to the whiners. This is just a fucking publicity stunt at this point, from both sides, P99 staff and devs and the community both.

Anyone who wanted to experience what "classic" raiding felt like, aka, PvE "competition" (let's be honest here, all of you neckbeards are calling getting to the target first competition, that's just having enough people with less of a life than <insert other guild(s) here at the given moment>, should have been around when classic PvE competition was relevant. I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks that any guild, 14 years later, shouldn't be able to form up, and zone into Fear, THEIR Fear, and have to do a zone break in, in order to get through all that trash, to finally pull CT, etc etc, is a piece of shit whiner. "No no, they didn't form up at 3 AM and sacrifice their actual careers and lives for a fucking outdated video game, they don't deserve the same pixels as I have on my screen". Yeah that totally makes sense.

Instancing the raids a bad thing? Only to a sociopath who thinks EQ actually had competition when it came to PvE beyond Worldwide firsts and Serverwide firsts. Sorry dickheads, but that's where competition ends on PvE. Whoever the fuck does it first, everyone else after that is chasing what the first people already did, beating everyone else to figuring something no one else has out. If you think that killing Vox with your alts who don't ever level past 52, "first" for the 50th time on the server is anything of an accomplishment, you must be awfully fucking proud to tie (velcro) your shoes each day. There will never be a Fires of Heaven again, because guess what? Everyone knows which mobs can be killed and the only one that shouldn't be able to. Sorry, that's the entire "awe" of Everquest, gone. That's why 90% of the people went to new places or tried new things, to explore and figure out something that no one else had before. Guess how often that can happen on an emulated server based on a classic timeline? Never.

Dicking over people in the name of a "classic" experience is about the furthest thing from recreating a classic experience. If anyone actually thinks Verant would have run a server like this, they are kidding themselves into insanity.

You all should have been spanked more by your lack of parents, what a fine example of the fucked up population that is America.
not witty.

radditsu
01-09-2014, 08:38 AM
Please keep this shit in RnF.

Dogs gotta hunt.

Dr. Edge
01-09-2014, 09:25 AM
They should make it so everyone is allowed to have 1 guy per guild, the problem isn't competition it's no life losers with alt armies perma camped at every target. Fuck TMO, this wouldn't even be an issue if these guys got a life and wern't so greedy.They have over player the content and now they just want to block it.

Rhambuk
01-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Don't have 8 raid geared level 60's?

Can't compete

Fael
01-09-2014, 10:59 AM
FE was probably getting ~a third of the global kills recently and tbh I can't even remember the last Inny we got.

The raid scene was becoming more interesting before this happened.

To me that was the most ironic thing all this stuff.

Dolic

Dr. Edge
01-09-2014, 12:53 PM
Competitive= dupping alt armies, fucking cheaters, wipe the server back to right now. Everyone start fresh on a level playing field without over powered prenerf items.

Geofizzle
01-09-2014, 12:56 PM
Join Date: Oct 2013 ^ Weird how you'd have that opinion right?

Dr. Edge
01-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Join Date: Oct 2013 ^ Weird how you'd have that opinion right?

Yep, I'm new here.
Lol

I played Eq back in 1999 and have been off and on here for years.

It's no secret these guys all cheat and get minor slaps on the wrist

sanforce
01-09-2014, 01:17 PM
BTW, EQ live is in its 15th year and currently has 17 servers + a beta and a test server. They abandoned competition based raiding in year 4 with expansion 6 of 20. Clearly they found that alienating large bases of their population was not fun for the players...

Exactly. This server covers expansion 1 through 3 (eventually), not the instanced bullshit that they employed on expansions 6 through 20. Clearly they figured out that alienating large bases of their population was not fun for those players, clearly everyone complaining about being alienated on a server that covers expansion 1 through 3 should be playing on the real EQ servers, or step their game up and compete.

Dr. Edge
01-09-2014, 01:27 PM
By compete you mean acquire a million plat so we can have access to epic quests?

If you guys are truely in it for the content and the fun or raiding lets just get you your own server to play on.

Truth is you play to cheat and block content like a bunch of 9 year olds

Arteker
01-09-2014, 01:29 PM
By compete you mean acquire a million plat so we can have access to epic quests?

If you guys are truely in it for the content and the fun or raiding lets just get you your own server to play on.

Truth is you play to cheat and block content like a bunch of 9 year olds

if people farm 100k+ for fungys imo a epic is way more expensive

Raavak
01-09-2014, 01:30 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1234691&postcount=3

To quote Gordon, "most players will not obtain the epic quest item period, regardless of guild status or level."

Now that's Classic.

Dr. Edge
01-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Blocking content isn't classic

radditsu
01-09-2014, 01:40 PM
I love how boilerplate public relations hype is treated as word of god on a video game.

By pop you could get an epic in a day.

Dr. Edge
01-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Buying epics isn't classic

Raavak
01-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Blocking content isn't classicUhm, what? Sleeper was a hardcoded cockblock even. Blocking content was a big part of EQ endgame up until PoP and its instances.

sanforce
01-09-2014, 01:52 PM
By compete I mean pursue raid encounters with you and your guild, or join one that does.

Don't worry, with the way this server is going, you'll soon be able to turn your newbie tunic in for your epic.

Blocking content was classic, guilds on many servers would lock down certain mobs do prevent others from getting keyed or flagged.

radditsu
01-09-2014, 01:55 PM
By compete I mean pursue raid encounters with you and your guild, or join one that does.

Don't worry, with the way this server is going, you'll soon be able to turn your newbie tunic in for your epic.

Blocking content was classic, guilds on many servers would lock down certain mobs do prevent others from getting keyed or flagged.

You really are the bloodiest tampon.

Geofizzle
01-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Dr. Edge please keep posting these gems are too good...lol you never played in 1999 and you suck. Another new player to p99 with self interested and destructive motives.

Sorry u started a few weeks ago and youve only acquired a suit of banded and a couple hundred plat, I'm sure server will accomodate your gear deficiencies in time. Just ask Chest from BDA or another concerned philanthropist out there in Norrath it'll all be OK .

Geofizzle
01-09-2014, 01:57 PM
We'll do this together bro, one step at a time

/hugs

Dr. Edge
01-09-2014, 02:06 PM
Dr. Edge please keep posting these gems are too good...lol you never played in 1999 and you suck. Another new player to p99 with self interested and destructive motives.

Sorry u started a few weeks ago and youve only acquired a suit of banded and a couple hundred plat, I'm sure server will accomodate your gear deficiencies in time. Just ask Chest from BDA or another concerned philanthropist out there in Norrath it'll all be OK .
what???

you're retarded

Truth be told I quit raiding a long time ago before the guild I was in broke up (VD) they were a bunch of cheaters too I'm told, I never saw it but I wasn't high up.

Myself and other "casual" players gave up on this broken cheat fest server with no integrity,

that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion, you guys ruined the game and the mods are sick of dealing with your shit

Dr. Edge
01-09-2014, 02:07 PM
fix the server and myself and others will return

Heebo
01-09-2014, 02:08 PM
You watch your fucking mouth. Dredge is a bona fide RnF celebrity.

Heebo
01-09-2014, 02:12 PM
You get celebrity status when you get shit on so much that your mental health visibly deteriorates in front of our eyes, right? Or is that something else?

Dr. Edge
01-09-2014, 02:16 PM
You watch your fucking mouth. Dredge is a bona fide RnF celebrity.

I'm just a man

Daldaen
01-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Uhm, what? Sleeper was a hardcoded cockblock even. Blocking content was a big part of EQ endgame up until PoP and its instances.

PoP had no instances, try again.

kotton05
01-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Why don't you and Young Computer PHD start your own fucking server, then?

/thread

radditsu
01-09-2014, 02:18 PM
It did a few years later.

Daldaen
01-09-2014, 02:24 PM
/thread

Agree with this dude. People who want poopsocking competition can create their own server. It's pretty clear they are the minority.

Kagatob
01-09-2014, 03:08 PM
OP is a bundle of sticks. OP should take a shower and go get a job.

JackFlash
01-09-2014, 05:41 PM
Can't believe it took this long to get moved.....