PDA

View Full Version : No kunark or velious raiding, what to play now?

Elements
01-09-2014, 08:53 PM
So since rogean has put an end to kunark raiding and as per his ultimatum we may not get velious raids what are people looking to play? Whats the next best classic eq server or vintage mmo out there?

Xelris
01-09-2014, 09:01 PM
I was seriously considering Al'Kabor until talk of a shutdown started.

Millburn
01-09-2014, 09:02 PM
I'm not leaving this server, it's legit as hell and I love every ounce of it. Don't sell the experience short just because you don't have the raid content available to you. This situation will pass in time as people work their business out and we start to get a more equitable environment.

I've been playing the hell out of UOForever though, got a few EVE buddies of mine to come back to UO and start up a guild there. Been rolling through Yew Liches like nobodies business.

Tecmos Deception
01-09-2014, 09:36 PM
So since rogean has put an end to kunark raiding and as per his ultimatum we may not get velious raids what are people looking to play?

P99, obviously. As Rogean said, a shitload of people are on this server having fun doing shit other than killing dragons. They've been doing so for years, and they will continue to do so for years.

radditsu
01-09-2014, 09:39 PM
Been mixing playing here. Refining some macros tweaks seeing is I want to raid on PEQ again. And playing

http://www.kpemu.com/index.php

Playing a sk clr enc trio and hate it so far. But that may be enchanter bias.

jpetrick
01-09-2014, 10:21 PM
P99, obviously. As Rogean said, a shitload of people are on this server having fun doing shit other than killing dragons. They've been doing so for years, and they will continue to do so for years.

We did HS East last night in my guild. Had a really fun time with 5 people in there and no enchanter. Managed to snag three sarnak girdles and a pair of gloves but no hats sadly :(. 10/10 would wipe in there with my friends again.

Tec, let's put that pick up crawl together. Show people there is more to do than zerging dragons.

Nuggie
01-09-2014, 11:45 PM
trying to crash landmark. then building beautiful things

Zeonick
01-10-2014, 12:17 AM
Been mixing playing here. Refining some macros tweaks seeing is I want to raid on PEQ again. And playing

http://www.kpemu.com/index.php

Playing a sk clr enc trio and hate it so far. But that may be enchanter bias.

That server sounds really interesting. I think I may have to check that out sometime.

Barkingturtle
01-10-2014, 12:21 AM
I uninstalled P99 the other day and I've been mostly just making babies in the Sims 2. I've always had a good time here but never for more than a few months at a time.

Reguiy
01-10-2014, 03:21 AM
Go back to NY ya dirty Yankee fan!

Elements
01-10-2014, 04:36 AM
please help this person and his buddies find a way to leave the server peacefully

Love you too anthrax. Keep training, but not training, while leap frogging, to ks but not doing anything wrong all while not competing and washing your hands of the raid scene!

Reguiy
01-10-2014, 04:50 AM
Freakin passive aggressive emo crybaby nerds. You'll get to touch your pixels eventually. Just stfu and go touch yourself in the meantime. It'll all be ok.

jaybone
01-10-2014, 05:04 AM
So since rogean has put an end to kunark raiding and as per his ultimatum we may not get velious raids what are people looking to play? Whats the next best classic eq server or vintage mmo out there?

http://churchcreate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/shut-down-computer-go-outside-meet-someone.jpg

Tecmos Deception
01-10-2014, 06:41 AM
10/10 would wipe in there with my friends again.

Good times :)

I'll PM or find you ingame and we can see about setting something up.

Swish
01-10-2014, 06:46 AM
lol at people who can't leave quietly... having to make a statement on the forums etc. Which means you don't really intend to go, and will come back when the raiding agreement has been solved.

Server pop hasn't changed much at all during peak hours, red has become more popular again. If you want to move somewhere, maybe give red a try? Less inflation, faster XP, just put ooc in a minimized window if it gets to you :)

arsenalpow
01-10-2014, 06:48 AM
Love you too anthrax. Keep training, but not training, while leap frogging, to ks but not doing anything wrong all while not competing and washing your hands of the raid scene!

Please forward me the evidence directly. I will strike down the villain known as Anthrax. He has plagued this server for far too long.

myriverse
01-10-2014, 09:07 AM
I'll be here until they shut it down... probably. Raiding is where games die, imo.

myxomatosii
01-10-2014, 09:15 AM
Of all the challenges in the game, raiding single targets seems like it would get old, other than a few PoSky mobs and some VP raiding seems pretty A: redundant and B: easy (zerg).

[On that note I like what the A-Team does, minimal manpower, max results]

There are so many different things that can happen in a good dungeon crawl in Seb, HS, etc that can't be accounted for that the variety really makes it challenging and fun to come back later.

Just my view, but there are a lot of raiders so maybe I'm missing something!

You guys have been raiding non-stop for years, why not enjoy the break without having to worry about dkp.

Sometimes I find that if I go on a trip, vacation, etc and don't use my computer for a week, when I get back I have less of a desire to log-on. Who knows, after a while maybe the stockholm syndrome of non-raiding will overcome you!

dav
01-10-2014, 10:04 AM
Lots of people have been trying out Rust. It's sort of a post-apocalyptic zombie/minecraft open world game in alpha on steam.

League of Legends is pretty sweet and my go to game. Been playing a ton of old Nintendo games lately, forgot how good couch-gaming is.

Tecmos Deception
01-10-2014, 10:20 AM
There are so many different things that can happen in a good dungeon crawl in Seb, HS, etc that can't be accounted for that the variety really makes it challenging and fun to come back later.

This is the essence of EQ, in my opinion.

Different camps, different mobs, different drops. Lots of different classes meshing together to make a group work in all kinds of different ways. So many different people with their own ways of playing to keep things interesting. Playing different classes yourself in all of those different situations!

I know that might sound weird coming from a guy who spends the vast majority of his time in the game soloing, but I still think it's true that those things are where the best fun in the game is at. It's just not as convenient, so I don't get to do it very often :(

Elements
01-10-2014, 05:56 PM
lol at people who can't leave quietly... having to make a statement on the forums etc. Which means you don't really intend to go, and will come back when the raiding agreement has been solved.

Server pop hasn't changed much at all during peak hours, red has become more popular again. If you want to move somewhere, maybe give red a try? Less inflation, faster XP, just put ooc in a minimized window if it gets to you :)

Who said anything about leaving? Lots of us still enjoy pockets of the community and putting in 20+ hours a week into the levelling and group game but the 20-30 we used to invest in the raid scene above that needs replacement. Thanks for being horribly toxic though.

HippoNipple
01-10-2014, 06:10 PM

Project 1999 Red

Millburn
01-10-2014, 06:12 PM
How has this not been moved to RnF yet? Elements knows exactly what he intended when he posted this.

Raavak
01-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Pwning Second Life.

Elements
01-10-2014, 06:39 PM
Pwning Second Life.

Damn thats something I havent logged into in quite a while.

stewe
01-11-2014, 01:25 PM
I uninstalled P99 the other day and I've been mostly just making babies in the Sims 2. I've always had a good time here but never for more than a few months at a time.

One good thing about this raid thing, people like this go away. True Eqers dont go uninstalling just cause they dont get their raid pixels.

Swish
01-11-2014, 01:32 PM
One good thing about this raid thing, people like this go away. True Eqers dont go uninstalling just cause they dont get their raid pixels.

^^

Cukshaik
01-11-2014, 01:58 PM
http://churchcreate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/shut-down-computer-go-outside-meet-someone.jpg

People who post dumb shit like this don't deserve internet. Or houses for that matter. That way they would always be "outside." What an idiot.

Tasslehofp99
01-11-2014, 02:36 PM
im playing rust, its honestly the best game I've played since original live EQ in 99.

also the best 20 bucks I've spent in years, can't wait to see where this game goes (only in alpha phase)

Elements
01-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Can we get some forum bans for these toxic forum trolls please

radditsu
01-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Can we get some forum bans for these toxic forum trolls please

Nope. Go to hell, douchecanoe.

kotton05
01-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Rust

radditsu
01-11-2014, 07:22 PM
Ok seriously guys. Rust or Starbound? I hated Dayz if that helps

Lojik
01-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Warband

Aviann
01-11-2014, 09:36 PM
Started playing Rust today and took advice from a funny comment, so I waited til I noticed a guy running out of his shack a bunch, and went ahead and built a house around his house. Success.

Tasslehofp99
01-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Started playing Rust today and took advice from a funny comment, so I waited til I noticed a guy running out of his shack a bunch, and went ahead and built a house around his house. Success.

Rofl #winning

I had this dousche kill me threw times in an hour, so I went and built a shack in a far off spot and just collected resources. I knew where his house was because I was mining ore nearby the first time he killed me. I went back later that night, built stairs up the side of his house, broke in through th roof and took all my shit that he stole back, and some.

Then I built shacks against his entrances and surrounded them with spike walls, rofl sweet ass revenge.

ibso
01-12-2014, 07:47 PM
If you're just looking for a break from the classic EQ experience go try running your own full group at Storm Haven (http://eqrez.com/stormhaven/) or somewhere similar. As a former 'I don't like to box' person, it's actually pretty awesome.

JayN
01-12-2014, 08:16 PM
Why is it everywhere these EQ macers go shitstorms follow; I would like to put forth banning anyone who uses macintosh (shitshacker) as a pc to play EQ. I mean it wasnt even classic for baby jesus's sake